Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

Feddies aren't loving around in gold anymore. They're all playingd efensive / intercept so you can't kampfer rush a base even on base race. Its like the second the switch went their brains switched on with it.

Your odds of winning gold matches appear to be like 1 in 10

E:

I wish I could get my hands on a good melee suit like the pixie.

Honestly all I want are some cheap cooldown units that let me get in hack up and get some kills. The problem is we don't really have anything like that. Zakus are too slow and i can't get a gouf custom for the life of me. Is that thing even like under 300 seconds cooldown as is?

320 cost 320 cooldown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow gently caress gold matchmaking right now. Every single match, a giant wave of Alexes just smashes right through to our bases despite anything anyone on our team can do.

I'm not playing again till the Alex is nerfed.

Also, Al, the Gouf Custom is poo poo. If you want a suicide melee unit try the Dom HMT or even just a normal Dom. At least those have monster hitboxes.

The Gelgoog HMT's melee also has a great hitbox, if you want something a little higher performance.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

-Troika- posted:

Wow gently caress gold matchmaking right now. Every single match, a giant wave of Alexes just smashes right through to our bases despite anything anyone on our team can do.

I'm not playing again till the Alex is nerfed.

Also, Al, the Gouf Custom is poo poo. If you want a suicide melee unit try the Dom HMT or even just a normal Dom. At least those have monster hitboxes.

The Gelgoog HMT's melee also has a great hitbox, if you want something a little higher performance.

this is what we need and yea idk wtf is with MM atm but its loving horrible I don't know if I'm gonna even bother playing this game much any longer

Zeirnaton fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 30, 2014

a gentle breeze
May 2, 2013
Hey guys I'm not dead. I'm just on deployment. We're in Guam now and I'm going to try and update my game while I'm here. The Wi-Fi is terrible, though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

CassiusW posted:

Hey guys I'm not dead. I'm just on deployment. We're in Guam now and I'm going to try and update my game while I'm here. The Wi-Fi is terrible, though.

Glad to hear you're alive. Enjoy your time in Guam look forward to seeing you back. Right now everyones kinda AWOL the games a bit unbalanced and we're all tired / in school so we're taking it slow.

Also I'm loving melee.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

"This is no ordinary poster boy!
No ordinary poster!"
New EX Gashacon is out volume 9 is out.  Lasts till October 22nd.

Main suits are:

Dom Tropical Test (260 cost assault), Zaku II S(gold prints included), Act Zaku(Silver only) for Zeon. Dom Tropical test gets a DII saber, a first for Dom type suits.

GM Wraith (260 cost assault), WD GM(gold prints included), Gun-cannon SML(Silver only) for EFSF. GM Wraith is another GM that dual wields sabers, standard bazooka and grenades as side weapons.

Combat custom most desirable for both suits, disposable melee grunts. Both suits have paper armour, I'll have to check if the melee is any good.
E4: If you want a 260 cost assault desert zaku is much better value. High armour, about the same mobility as tropical dom, shotguns, insta-switch missiles, magella, and bazooka.

E: DII on Tropical test is a combination of the T boost attack followed by D, decent, but not good for anti-air melee(Like Garibaldy, Fred, Ifrit etc).
E2: Fed GM isn't any better either. Both sides got a lackluster melee suit.
E3: DX platoon clan challenge this week. Platoon gets 40 defense ticks by assisting/killing enemies near an owned objective. 3 DX tickets for everyone if this gets done.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 8, 2014

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

New EX Gashacon is out volume 9 is out.  Lasts till October 22nd.

Main suits are:

Dom Tropical Test (260 cost assault), Zaku II S(gold prints included), Act Zaku(Silver only) for Zeon. Dom Tropical test gets a DII saber, a first for Dom type suits.

GM Wraith (260 cost assault), WD GM(gold prints included), Gun-cannon SML(Silver only) for EFSF. GM Wraith is another GM that dual wields sabers, standard bazooka and grenades as side weapons.

Combat custom most desirable for both suits, disposable melee grunts. Both suits have paper armour, I'll have to check if the melee is any good.
E4: If you want a 260 cost assault desert zaku is much better value. High armour, about the same mobility as tropical dom, shotguns, insta-switch missiles, magella, and bazooka.

E: DII on Tropical test is a combination of the T boost attack followed by D, decent, but not good for anti-air melee(Like Garibaldy, Fred, Ifrit etc).
E2: Fed GM isn't any better either. Both sides got a lackluster melee suit.
E3: DX platoon clan challenge this week. Platoon gets 40 defense ticks by assisting/killing enemies near an owned objective. 3 DX tickets for everyone if this gets done.

these 2 new units should have easily been 220-240 cost units.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I'm thinking of picking this up and playing and racing around in a tiny little Zaku relying on twitch reflexes to avoid death somehow i hope but probably not really because it's a Zaku.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I'm thinking of picking this up and playing and racing around in a tiny little Zaku relying on twitch reflexes to avoid death somehow i hope but probably not really because it's a Zaku.

All my suits were Zakus back when I played. It's doable just don't expect to do more than running to a better allied suit when a good Gundam player jumps you. It also feels super good to waste a bad Gundam pilot with a fully charged Bazooka shot right before they get you with a melee charge.

Plus with a few lucky rolls you can cover every single role with a Zaku variant.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Half my deck is Zakus and I consistently score lots of kills and points :getin:

If you are picking this up, the best combat zakus in the game are(From best potential to win fights to worst, this ranking does not consider ease of use, just combat potential). Note that even the worst suit can beat bad players in the best suits if played well(Ie. ambush/flanking, charging head on and trading shots at best results in a Zaku dying to kill one enemy).

Act Zaku > Zaku II S/F Sniper > Vincent High Mobility Zaku(Event only) > Zaku II F2 Heavy(Event only) > Zaku II Desert Assault = Zaku Marine(Heavy type) = Dozle Zaku II > Zaku II FS/S/F( II S and II F assaults event only) = Zaku II F2 Kinbareid Zaku = Act Zaku(Mallet) > Zaku II J/F(Heavies) > Zaku I Sniper > Zaku I

Special mention to Zaku marine(heavy) and Desert zaku(assault) for ease of use, good value for how disposable they are too.

Event only suit blueprints appear every 2 months or so, once you build them you own them permanently. This week's EX Gashacon has a gold print for a Zaku II S assault, now is a good time to play. Zaku.

E: Here's a clip of a well played Zaku ambush, he takes out at least 4 Alex Gundams within moments.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 9, 2014

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1AAXRu3TBA

Only if I can listen to this on repeat. And paint my Zaku red.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.

Only if I can listen to this on repeat. And paint my Zaku red.

Funny you should say that - as you rank up and get items and such, you can get custom soundtracks (08th MS Team and 0079 that I've noticed thus far) and you can repaint your suit as well. It takes a while to do so, but it can be done! (Never mind that the Char and Johnny Ridden types are available to get, too!)

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Okay then I'm pretty much okay with wasting time/money on this game.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I hate to doublepost, but every single time the patcher finishes, it like redoes the entire download over again and shows up a bunch of moonspeak that I don't understand.

Halp.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

I hate to doublepost, but every single time the patcher finishes, it like redoes the entire download over again and shows up a bunch of moonspeak that I don't understand.

Halp.

Click the grey button, it runs a file check and updates your files to the latest. After that you should be able to log-in.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Yeaaaah, that's doing nothing.

I'm gonna do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Yeaaaah, that's doing nothing.

I'm gonna do a clean uninstall and reinstall.

For some players, they've told me that they set their system clock to UTC+9, then patch if not it gets stuck in an infinite loop.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Yup if you don't change to tokyo timezone it can gently caress up and patch over and over as it constantly reads your patch as out of date.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Yeaaah, I switched the time zone and it still doesn't work.

Also set up VPN the way it says, still no work.

EDIT:

NEVER MIND FUNCTIONAL GO

EDIT x2:

NEVER MIND NOT FUNCTIONAL, TRYING TO LOG IN IT LOADS FOR A LONG-rear end TIME THEN FLASHES AND BRINGS ME BACK TO THE LOGIN

fishception fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 9, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Yeaaah, I switched the time zone and it still doesn't work.

Also set up VPN the way it says, still no work.

EDIT:

NEVER MIND FUNCTIONAL GO

EDIT x2:

NEVER MIND NOT FUNCTIONAL, TRYING TO LOG IN IT LOADS FOR A LONG-rear end TIME THEN FLASHES AND BRINGS ME BACK TO THE LOGIN

That means the VPN isn't working. If you're using WTFast or Mudfish, try changing servers. I use TokyoSakuranet on mudfish, and EastAsiaJP4 back when I used WTFast.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Fixed it.

My Zaku is not fight. :<

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

Fixed it.

My Zaku is not fight. :<

Character name? I'll send a friend request. You need to promote a bit before you can join the clan though.

E: Friend request sent, truly a fitting name for a zeon ace.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Oct 9, 2014

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Sperglor.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

English wiki will help you figure out buttons and options

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

You joined at a dark time for zeon. You missed our glory months and now essentially the gundam has been produced. So yeah be ready for a slaughter. Hopefully things will get balanced out, but most of us are just playing one or two games a day not the big groups we used to run.

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Goon Platoon defense challenge cleared tonight, 3 DX tickets for all current members. Over 40 enemy MS defeated by the platoon in one match. I'm going to keep the clan at 30 members, inactive players will be kicked for active players. Clan challenge rewards are getting pretty good as the clan levels up.

Game is still fun, nothing like going through a match killing Alex gundam after Alex gundam without dying. That rush keeps me coming back to this game.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Al Borland posted:

You joined at a dark time for zeon. You missed our glory months and now essentially the gundam has been produced. So yeah be ready for a slaughter. Hopefully things will get balanced out, but most of us are just playing one or two games a day not the big groups we used to run.

That's fine. IT MEANS NOW, MORE THAN EVER, A HERO MUST RISE.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
I hate to doublepost, but there's some obnoxious green text box blocking out part of the UI with some chick's face saying some kinda moonspeak that makes me angry and confused, especially when it blocks viewing stuff.

What do.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

I hate to doublepost, but there's some obnoxious green text box blocking out part of the UI with some chick's face saying some kinda moonspeak that makes me angry and confused, especially when it blocks viewing stuff.

What do.

post a screenshot please

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Zeirnaton posted:

post a screenshot please

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"

I think that's a bug associated with leaving tips on.

Options Third tab, near the bottom turn Combat Tips off. They're obstructive even if you can read what its saying.

If that doesn't do it you may need to open the launcher and perform a file check.

E: Also, if you haven't already, turn off double tap to boost. That function tends to make players overheat at bad times, leading to certain death.

Here's how to reset the EX/DX Gashacon, useful if you've gotten the item you already wanted but want more of:

The option circled in red asks if you want to reset the EX gasha back to 100.

You can do it with the DX Gashacon too.

To use boosts before battle press the highlighted button:

To Sieg Zeon, open up options, go to the fourth tab:

Click any voice command you want to overwrite. You will get a new list of voice options you can preview.

Sieg Zeon is the bottom most option in tab 1.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 10, 2014

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
Made #1 Heavy for the first time

Gold tier leaderboard multiplier is nuts. I've got 11x points from some games.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Free Triangle posted:

Made #1 Heavy for the first time

Gold tier leaderboard multiplier is nuts. I've got 11x points from some games.

oh wow nice dude congratz

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

You are too hardcore.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Not gonna lie, the Gouf Custom's gatling gun is pretty godlike.

Don't even need melee anymore I think the best trait currently is heatrod bonus. Just because quick switch is useless and melee is meh. Better of rodding them and blowing their head off while they're stunned if they get close.

Just keep your distance and use the default gun increase the range and damage bam good to go.

I'm destroying alexes and GLAs by the dozens with it.

The 910 shield doesn't always save me but getting it repaired and using it keeps me alive!

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
We've seen charged bazookas and beam rifles, now charged melee weapons are coming to certain suits.

Zaku II FZ Kai

Ground Type Gundam 06th Platoon spec

Also, Halloween clothes are coming.

E: Also, EX event is ending tonight. The EX gasha will still be open into next week, but you can't earn any more EX tickets.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Charge weapons look useless. A pixie could have killed 8 people in the time that thing charged up for one swing.

Zeirnaton
Jan 29, 2014

Nanael

Al Borland posted:

Charge weapons look useless. A pixie could have killed 8 people in the time that thing charged up for one swing.

exactly I don't know why these 2 units in particular are getting this "exclusive" feature hell every unit in the game should be able to charge up its melee, I guess if u charge up at max maybe u can knock a alex down now with melee, but with that said this prolly makes the Ram Z'gok even more shittier guess we'll have to wait to see how much damage a full charge will do

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
DX Volume 17 Announced for after October 27's Maintenace:

EFSF gets the new Groundtype hammer Gundam and a new Guncannon.
Zeon gets Zaku II FZ Kai and Gelgoog Cannon Shelling spec(I hope its not a space only shelling machine :laugh:).

Charged mechanics for melee:
Half charge = 1.5x damage
Full charge = 2x damage
Boost attack is still 2x damage, so it's possible to deal a boost attack with 4x damage.
Shield still blocks attacks while charging.

Players that don't want to play deputy commander can give up their spot by opening the K menu. This allows another player to request to be a deputy mid-match:

Commander points still count if you are competing with others for this.

Flash beams now disable the change in color of the crosshair(Turns red when highlighting an enemy normally) and hide's enemy health:

Camera gun debuff no longer works if the suit entered a minovfski field.

Also. Harroween :3:

E: DX Volume 17 Preview

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Triangle
Jan 2, 2008

No ordinary poster!"
November 5th update:

New GP Gashacon volume 21 announced:

Pixie and Fred Pixie for feds.

Ifrit and Ifrit Nacht for Zeon.

Strongest melee Gashacon for both sides.

I've noticed more Ifrit Nachts in gold tier because it can pull off base attack gimmicks like the Fred. The suit isn't top tier like the Fred, but it can pull off some really useful tricks.

Arctic base, Nacht can take the same rat route as a Fred pixie
Ifrit Nacht solos the arctic base, this video also shows off the huge damage(Higher than Kampfer even) you can pull off with melee cancels
Ifrit Nacht can hit walled bases like the Fred pixie
Ifrit Nacht DIII is just as fast as vanilla Ifrit DII.

I run an Ifrit Nacht with the DIII sword on some maps to try out these tricks. The second swing of the boost attack for the DIII sword makes you move backwards and gain height(if you push the camera so that it looks down) like the Fred, if you do a 180-turn with the camera you can flip backwards (Just like the Fred) while moving forward. The second attack has a pretty big hitbox, so you've got a good chance of clipping anyone that's in your way while moving evasively.

Also there will be changes to how the scoring system works, supposed to be more forgiving (ie. If the enemy base dies and you were near it but didn't get a chance to actually attack it, you will still be given points credit).

On top of that, they are announcing a rebalancing patch for December 3rd. A lot of suits/weapons are going to be changed. It's supposed to be pretty major, further details will be given November 14th.

Free Triangle fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Nov 1, 2014

• Locked thread