Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Prowl headed Devastator in 2015 plz Hasbro

Captain Magic posted:

Maketoys Quantron in stock at BBTS !

Pile of Loot shipped!

So very excite
Seriously I am so tempted to buy a Quantron. So very, very tempted. Tell me lies Captain Magic. Tell me its just crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ForeverSmug posted:

If there is no generations devastator in 2015 I will be dead or in jail by the next year

this is a promise

In other news, I got Mech Ideas Gauntlet and he's pretty rad. I thought he looked a little too SD in vehicle mode, but he was cheap so I thought "what the hell?" and I don't regret getting him.

That said, I think I'm seriously going to slow down on third party releases. I think I'm going to get the FP Dinobots, FP Mindwipe and Skullcruncher, PE Deathstalker (Scorponok) and that'll be about it unless somebody releases a better voyager Shockwave or a Soundwave \ Blaster that look cool and work with cassettes.

My classics collection is starting to look like my G.I. Joe 25th collection: I have almost everybody I'd ever want at this point. Plus my classics collection takes up a huge cabinet the size of 3 detolfs and I don't have any more space. I have Devastator, Menasor and Bruticus, I don't really need any more combiners.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah, but he never would've gotten a new body/color scheme in the comics if someone at hasbro wasn't bent on homaging a terrible repaint from over a decade ago. The content of the comic is partially driven by the upcoming toys.

Wait, so has Jhiaxus been redesigned in the comics, too? I'm pretty behind on my IDW, I've only read part of Dark Cybertron and nothing past that yet.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, so has Jhiaxus been redesigned in the comics, too? I'm pretty behind on my IDW, I've only read part of Dark Cybertron and nothing past that yet.

He got redesigned to look like the new toy part-way through Dark Cybertron.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

He stealed a copy of starscreams new body in dark cybertron because _____.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

ForeverSmug posted:

He stealed a copy of starscreams new body in dark cybertron because _____.

IIRC it was some kind of high tech "adaptive" armor that could steal the form of whoever. It did at least lead to a decent gag about Starscream not knowing his new body even had swords until Jhiaxus pulled out his own.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Swords that the toy doesn't have...

Also Starscream taunting Jhiaxus about defeating him "by cosplaying as me?"

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
MP Wheeljack came in today from HLJ! :swoon: :rodimus: :dance:

Have a sneak peak:

TheDK fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 2, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

Swords that the toy doesn't have...
He stole Crosshairs' guns though, the sneaky sciencedog!

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Finally got me a Generations Skids through today, and I like him. No probs with two left legs or whatever the first wave ones had probs with, he tabs together decently enough. He's coloured a weird shade of blue though, thought it'd be way darker.
£20 rather than the stupid ebay prices so not complaining. He'll sit nice next to Trailbreaker.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

Spiderdrake posted:

Seriously I am so tempted to buy a Quantron. So very, very tempted. Tell me lies Captain Magic. Tell me its just crap.

As soon as I've got something to lie about, you bet!

So, turns out nobody does Saturday delivery anymore. My labor-sided soul rejoices, but my consumerist blackhole of lust rages. I bought 2-day delivery, and had them ship to a nearby FedEx shop in the hopes that it would arrive there and they could call me, but I think I am living in a pipe dream.

Oh well. I don't want a gigantic box of toys sitting on my front door all Monday anyway.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Magic posted:

As soon as I've got something to lie about, you bet!

So, turns out nobody does Saturday delivery anymore. My labor-sided soul rejoices, but my consumerist blackhole of lust rages. I bought 2-day delivery, and had them ship to a nearby FedEx shop in the hopes that it would arrive there and they could call me, but I think I am living in a pipe dream.

FedExHome Delivery operates Tuesday to Saturday, UPS will also do it at great expense!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

ForeverSmug posted:

He stealed a copy of starscreams new body in dark cybertron because to sell toys

Fixed that for you.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's even mentioned in the To Sell Toys page of TFwiki.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

strangehamster posted:

FedExHome Delivery operates Tuesday to Saturday, UPS will also do it at great expense!

That's so weird. Literally every option I saw said "No Saturday Delivery."

Edit: I mean except for like next day? And no way I'm paying for that.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Magic posted:

That's so weird. Literally every option I saw said "No Saturday Delivery."

Edit: I mean except for like next day? And no way I'm paying for that.

You can get Saturday added on to next day or two-day shipments for about $15 extra but I just looked at BBTS and they choose to not offer this. USPS or FedEx Home Delivery are cheaper and can be delivered Saturday.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So the non-superdeformed third-party Gears is on clearance at BBTS for $33, I wasn't all that interested in it originally but for that price I took the plunge. If you want a Classics Gears that's bigger than the official Hasbro version he seems pretty good, he's pretty floppy mid-transformation and the plastic seems a little bit cheaper than some of the bigger third-party companies, but for around $30 I can't complain.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SXS10004&mode=retail

Edit: And the the gun handle just snapped off while I was pulling it out of its vehicle-mode storage slot. Hmm.

Knormal fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 3, 2014

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Xenomrph posted:

Fixed that for you.

ForeverSmug posted:

He stealed stole a copy of Starscream's new body in Dark Cybertron, because _____.

I am disappointed in both of you.

Transformers wise: I picked up EM Optimus from target for $12 because of the blu-ray thing, and man he is good, not up to the level of Hound, but good. Though man those paint apps are weird, the feet are totally painted blue, instead of molded blue, yet the upper shoulders are not molded red? It's really confusing. Also I hate transforming his feet, it just feels like I will destroy him going from truck to robot. Anyone else has a problem of his thigh joints twisting off instead of turning?

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Spiderdrake posted:

I just wanna know if it's awesome, haha.

Computron was my favorite combiner for some reason so I *reallllly* want Quantron. It'd be my first
3rd party gestalt if I could snag 'im.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Pretty much everyone I know that had a Quantron preorder in before TFCon and saw it up close immediately canceled said preorder, saying it looked like total crap in person.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Generations Arcee looks surprisingly stable despite the big backpack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAxUyOxaTlY

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Anora posted:

I am disappointed in both of you.

:rolleyes:

yeah okay mom

*does cool skateboard trick away*

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

"I am robot hojo and I've spent a million billion years being a creepy hosed up crippled goon in a lab. Welp time to put on my starscream suit and swordfight with people"
-brilliant scientist jhiaxus

Actually it makes complete sense now

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

There won't be, at least not in the "combiner wars" line.

Store exclusives if anything. But watch them be a bunch of robots that don't combine. Look at GDO Hotspot for example(although he looks amazing in that Inferno mold).

Personally I would love the movie Long Haul mold to get a G1 style head. We have not had any large hulking classics decepticons since RTS Lugnut.

There was a period where Devastator had three different but simultaneous releases. They had the micromaster release for Universe 1.0 a Kaybee exclusive, the Classics release which was a walmart exclusive, and the other Universe 1.0 release which was the Build Team recolor which was a target exclusive.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 3, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Pretty much everyone I know that had a Quantron preorder in before TFCon and saw it up close immediately canceled said preorder, saying it looked like total crap in person.

I'm curious about this, because I don't even like Computron and I think Quantron looks pretty great.

But forget Quantron, notMindwipe is out. :woop:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well I got my Protectobots today.

And it hit me where their bizarre color schemes came from, they're all from Micromaster Sixturbo who was renamed defensor in America.

This is why groove is blue, Hotspot is red, and both the police and ambulance vehicles are white. They're all colored like the Micromasters. Hell even the word "police" on the spoiler to Streetwise is written in the same way as the micromaster.

Blades is the only one that might be the odd man out but he's white with red stripes on his legs like Circuit. But he's missing the yellow that Circuit had on his body.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Oct 3, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anora posted:

Also I hate transforming his feet, it just feels like I will destroy him going from truck to robot. Anyone else has a problem of his thigh joints twisting off instead of turning?

That's weird, and not normal at all with this mold.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Well there's some Guard City to the set as well. It's a mix of things
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Guard_City

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Other posted:

Well there's some Guard City to the set as well. It's a mix of things
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Guard_City

Wow yeah I'd definitely agree to Blades being that helicopter in vehicle mode. Those are some really nitche references

Now I just hope for a real Defensor so my protectobot army can be complete.

Also a new Black Zarak would be nice if they're going to go for Japanese stuff.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Well I got my Protectobots today.

And it hit me where their bizarre color schemes came from, they're all from Micromaster Sixturbo who was renamed defensor in America.

This is why groove is blue, Hotspot is red, and both the police and ambulance vehicles are white. They're all colored like the Micromasters. Hell even the word "police" on the spoiler to Streetwise is written in the same way as the micromaster.

Blades is the only one that might be the odd man out but he's white with red stripes on his legs like Circuit. But he's missing the yellow that Circuit had on his body.

Maybe they didn't want to have Hotspot be blue because he was just blue a few short years ago.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Stumbled across this in an eBay auction:

And spent a half hour trying to figure out why the gently caress there's a gold Grimlock before realizing it's just really bad lighting.

On that note I bought a loving Pretenders Grimlock and a Fireblast FoC Grimlock and caved and bought an RiD Grimlock and I've got bids out on some other stuff (Mouse Grimlock, Energon Grimlock, G1 weapons because mine came from a thrift store and doesn't have any)

I have an addiction to plastic and this loving dinosaur is destroying me.

This image didn't help:

And on that note, the one on the far left is prrrrrrrrrobably Titanium Grimlock, so who's the one on the far right?? I can identify all the others but not that one.

Prawn Salad
Dec 7, 2010

I-I still think you're cool,
Onii-chan...

Sockser posted:

And on that note, the one on the far left is prrrrrrrrrobably Titanium Grimlock, so who's the one on the far right?? I can identify all the others but not that one.

I think that's just IDW Grimlock. Unless you mean the guy with the Wolverine claws, in which case I have no idea.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA check out the lower right corner.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Captain Invictus posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA check out the lower right corner.

First thing I looked for :golfclap:

And Wolverine Claws Grimlock is from Energon.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 3, 2014

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Prawn Salad posted:

I think that's just IDW Grimlock. Unless you mean the guy with the Wolverine claws, in which case I have no idea.

No official toy, then? Awesome. One less loving dinosaur to buy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There's more Grimlock coming though!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Sockser posted:

No official toy, then? Awesome. One less loving dinosaur to buy.

Don't forget the optimus/Grimlock two pack at wal-mart. Can't miss it now while it's cheap.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

There's more Grimlock coming though!

What the hell is that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Anora posted:

Don't forget the optimus/Grimlock two pack at wal-mart. Can't miss it now while it's cheap.

The silver knight/foc two pack? Thad a target exclusive?

And it's what sparked me getting back into transformers :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

What the hell is that.

Apparently it's from RID15, the cartoon out next year.