Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Petiso posted:

Is Busou Renkin really that good? I discarded it because of how cliché it looked with its spiky-haired protagonist with a big sword and mysterious girl in school uniform.

I think this and this ought to tell you everything you need to know if you will like the series or not.

... And this is the main villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Petiso posted:

Is Busou Renkin really that good? I discarded it because of how cliché it looked with its spiky-haired protagonist with a big sword and mysterious girl in school uniform.

It's basically an affectionate parody of Shonen battle series.

A very, very, very affectionate parody.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

who would Space Goku be

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Babe Magnet posted:

who would Space Goku be

Heero Yuy?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RickoniX posted:

Heero Yuy?

Happy, optimistic, makes friends with everyone, naive at times. Yep, that's Heero alright.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Babe Magnet posted:

who would Space Goku be

Domon

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
Goku is Space Goku, he's a space monkey. From space.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tae posted:

Happy, optimistic, makes friends with everyone, naive at times. Yep, that's Heero alright.

Okay okay, Quatre Winner then.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goku FTW

KoB
May 1, 2009

Petiso posted:

Busou Renkin is amazing. The VAs in the anime for Papillion and Bravo make it 10x better.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I honestly like Magic Goku. FT is such a stereotypical series that it wraps around and becomes endearing for me.

And i watch the anime so dat soundtrack helps a lot.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In DBM news, I still can't decide if Prince Vegeta is going to lose this one or not. On the one hand he's been cut open and is getting his poo poo wrecked by a Super Perfect Cell Jr. On the other hand, if the author really wanted to kill him, it seems like it would have fit better just having it happen when Vegeta got sliced open...

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Seriously Emperor Veggy, attack the loving summoner, not the minions! :argh:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Thyrork posted:

This could still happen.

I'm kind of ready to move on from this fight and get on to Gast to be honest.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Goku is Space Goku, he's a space monkey. From space.

technically, everyone is from space

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

facebook jihad posted:

This could still happen.

I'm kind of ready to move on from this fight and get on to Gast to be honest.

I very much doubt there's more than three pages left. Either Emperor Veggie hatches some devious plan/blows himself up and instantly kills the Cell Jr and/or Raichi, or he gets KO'ed/killed really fast.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity that Krillin didn't get a 'Krillin Owns' counter for aborting baby Cell. That's like the most significant and useful thing I think he or any of the other human Z Fighters will ever achieve in the show,well done buddy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MxbwtnUy70

Hercules was the best human.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Thyrork posted:

"Me, Vegate, emperor of the universe, ridiculed by this pipisquek!..."

So yeah, the author has to read DBZA.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

e X posted:

"Me, Vegate, emperor of the universe, ridiculed by this pipisquek!..."

So yeah, the author has to read DBZA.

Considering in one of the specials Krillin did the 'solar flare/destructo disc' combo they talked about in DBZA, yeah it's kind of a given

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Makes me wonder if these guys should have done a costume instead for this, but more Star Wars alien-quality

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

facebook jihad posted:

Considering in one of the specials Krillin did the 'solar flare/destructo disc' combo they talked about in DBZA, yeah it's kind of a given

That's like the one obvious combo that everyone already complained about long before abridged to be fair.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

dragonball z cosplay is drat near impossible to pull off, so this is a pretty drat good effort.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Monaghan posted:

dragonball z cosplay is drat near impossible to pull off, so this is a pretty drat good effort.

You'd think the guy would shave before dressing up as Freeza though. :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity that Krillin didn't get a 'Krillin Owns' counter for aborting baby Cell. That's like the most significant and useful thing I think he or any of the other human Z Fighters will ever achieve in the show, well done buddy!

By the time that Cell would be fully grown, killing Perfect Cell would be a walk in the park for them :v:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Terper posted:

That's like the one obvious combo that everyone already complained about long before abridged to be fair.

Yeah, this, DBZA is essentialy giving form to all those DBZ talks we had with our friends during recess (or on the internet), it's not strange if several fan parodies aiming to "improve" the series' lore use the same ideas.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Just got an invite for the DBZ Xenoverse network test that is going this weekend. Starts tomorrow at 5 AM and ends on Sunday apparently.

I'll have to post up some impressions once it goes live. Can't play it until the servers are up.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

RBCL-CLN4-TPF3 is the PS3 voucher code if you want in.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Azubah posted:

RBCL-CLN4-TPF3 is the PS3 voucher code if you want in.

It's seriously the same code for everyone? I didn't that they legitimately did that. Anyway, it's the first 20k to register.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It's seriously the same code for everyone? I didn't that they legitimately did that. Anyway, it's the first 20k to register.

Looks like it. The way the email was phrased made it sound so.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
God, the comments on Dragon Ball Multiverse are the nerdiest things ever. It is the extreme opposite of "Power levels are bullshit," with people theorycrafting about who will win based on their likely power levels and multipliers, whether or not Vegeta can become SS3 based on the canon, etc. It's especially bad because the authors really don't seem to be doing poo poo based entirely on what would best serve the plot, so none of it matters at all.

DBZ fans are the worst but I'm glad this thread is pretty cool about it.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Comments sections are often pretty bad as a rule. I think their website even has a button just to straight-up to hide the comments.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

God, the comments on Dragon Ball Multiverse are the nerdiest things ever. It is the extreme opposite of "Power levels are bullshit," with people theorycrafting about who will win based on their likely power levels and multipliers, whether or not Vegeta can become SS3 based on the canon, etc. It's especially bad because the authors really don't seem to be doing poo poo based entirely on what would best serve the plot, so none of it matters at all.

dude, what are you expecting on a fan fiction comic website

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bowmore posted:

dude, what are you expecting on a fan fiction comic website

It's not like I'm scouring them for insight, I just catch the first couple after I finish a page and it's always awful

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

It's not like I'm scouring them for insight, I just catch the first couple after I finish a page and it's always awful

In the cases like this, it is sometimes better to just embrace the awfulness as they haven't progressed as much as anyone else.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Trip report on the DBZ: Xenoverse, no manual/tutorial really hurts, especially in the first mission, where you need to target the portal, and go through it.

I also apparently am the only one who picked to be a Namekian. Everyone that I walked around seeing was a Saiyan, be it female or male.

The combat system is a bit weird for me, where you hold R2 for your selection of specials/supers/ultimates. Coming from Budokai and Burst Limit, is this something I just missed in the latest games?

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

I think it's just part of being a DBZ fan for lots of people. I know when I was a young teen and in my super into Dragonball phase, we all took powerlevels as gospel truth and the number after the SSJ as a prime indicator of how badass you were. Losers just loving love numbers and solid immovable measuring sticks for their kung fu dick waving competitions.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Trip report on the DBZ: Xenoverse, no manual/tutorial really hurts, especially in the first mission, where you need to target the portal, and go through it.

I also apparently am the only one who picked to be a Namekian. Everyone that I walked around seeing was a Saiyan, be it female or male.

The combat system is a bit weird for me, where you hold R2 for your selection of specials/supers/ultimates. Coming from Budokai and Burst Limit, is this something I just missed in the latest games?

definitely gonna roll a Namekian when this is available to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Can you play a Human? I wanna play a Human. Saiyans are for posers.

• Locked thread