Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models for October: 1 Necromancer (Games Workshop, 28mm); 1 Undead Lady (Freebooter, 28mm); 1 Skeletal Dragon (Reaper, 28mm) 1 Nightmare Whiskey Golem and 1 Miss Ery (Wyrd, 28mm)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Hypnostache posted:

:aaa:

In that case I think I'll scour the unspiration thread for a new avatar. It's the first failure in the 18 or so months of oathing that I've done, I feel I need something to remind me of not doing it again.

(pretty sure someone actually has this one)

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Quick question: I was transporting my oathed models and a barrel of a gun broke off, I promptly set it aside so as not to lose it, but managed to lose it anyway. I ended up replacing it with a end of a spear from another model that was not painted. Do I need to take do anything to adjust what happened or can I just continue forward with my oath?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I don't think anyone would have noticed if you did say anything

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for October
  • 4x Marteau bombards, 4x R-4 Medium mortars, 2x L'Arman heavy tanks and 2x Grele flak tanks for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)
  • 4x Warp Spiders and 1x Warp Spider Exarch for 40k by GW (28mm)
  • 1x Marauder Stuntbot for Deadzone/Warpath by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1x Shipping Container by Underground Lasers (28mm)

Slimnoid posted:

I, Slimnoid, Oath the following models for October: 1 Necromancer (Games Workshop, 28mm); 1 Undead Lady (Freebooter, 28mm); 1 Skeletal Dragon (Reaper, 28mm) 1 Nightmare Whiskey Golem and 1 Miss Ery (Wyrd, 28mm)
Oaths Accepted!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

:aaa:

In that case I think I'll scour the unspiration thread for a new avatar. It's the first failure in the 18 or so months of oathing that I've done, I feel I need something to remind me of not doing it again.

I'd say do #4 or #5 from SRM's Ready-Made SA Avatars and you're more than good.

Pash posted:

Quick question: I was transporting my oathed models and a barrel of a gun broke off, I promptly set it aside so as not to lose it, but managed to lose it anyway. I ended up replacing it with a end of a spear from another model that was not painted. Do I need to take do anything to adjust what happened or can I just continue forward with my oath?

Just carry on, dude :)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint these 5 Tempestus Scions and their Chimera for October. They're all from Games Workshop, 28mm scale.

Is my oath good to go?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

krushgroove posted:

Just carry on, dude :)

Awesome. Thats what I figured but thought I would check.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
Got a question about the Oath I'm going to submit for this month. I'm converting a model airplane into a Dakkajet, how far along do I need to be with it before I submit the oath? I have the plane assembled and a lot of the body Orky-fying is done, but the pilot is not complete and the weapons are not even begun. Do I need to have those on it before I can submit?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Haydrian posted:

Got a question about the Oath I'm going to submit for this month. I'm converting a model airplane into a Dakkajet, how far along do I need to be with it before I submit the oath? I have the plane assembled and a lot of the body Orky-fying is done, but the pilot is not complete and the weapons are not even begun. Do I need to have those on it before I can submit?
I've seen people oath a model still on the sprue. I think so long as it's not painted yet you're generally good to go.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: great news! :siren:

Having spoken with the owner of KR Multicase, and they'll be sorting out last season's grand prizes and are fully on board for this season too :)

Hawk Wargames are also with us again! So I think we're just about sorted for Grand Prizes.

I'll still try to get a few more, seeing as I'm at this gaming show all weekend!

Pash - yes carry on, you'll be fine.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Is my oath good to go?

Yes, I'll make it official when I get home!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of October 2014:
3 Martial Artists
1 Modern Adventurer

All are 28mm from Hasslefree Miniatures. Not much this month but painting time is limited due to Spiel.

Monoliths posted:

1 Point - Zark the Damned

You blew my mind, I never expected to get any Judge points with all the crazy talent in this thread. Way to make my day!

SRM posted:

Warhammer World is honestly somewhere I'd really love to go as kind of a nerd Mecca, but flying to the UK is a little tough to justify financially right now. If I ever am so fortunate to fly out there, I'll be hitting up the ham threads like crazy to get games in with as many UKgoons as possible!

Since it fits the monthly theme and all, maybe we should start some sort of 'Fly SRM to Warhams World' funding drive?

krushgroove posted:

Having spoken with the owner of KR Multicase, and they'll be sorting out last season's grand prizes and are fully on board for this season too :)

Hawk Wargames are also with us again! So I think we're just about sorted for Grand Prizes.

I'll still try to get a few more, seeing as I'm at this gaming show all weekend!

Awesome! Thank you again for sorting this stuff out, enjoy the show!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

:toot: They have a sale on now too, buy a bag get a cardboard case of foam free, lasts all month

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

Pash - yes carry on, you'll be fine.

Yes, I'll make it official when I get home!

Now get Corvus Beli back on board ;)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Zark the Damned posted:

Since it fits the monthly theme and all, maybe we should start some sort of 'Fly SRM to Warhams World' funding drive?
I won't argue with that!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Indolent Bastard posted:

Now get Corvus Beli back on board ;)

If they were at this show I'd already have talked to them! But they are the next target :)

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Monoliths posted:

Bonus Jurnal Point - JerryLee

A very fine example of a totally monochromatic scheme that doesn't look like it's just a model painted a color, if you know what I mean. It's helped out by the base, but also the shading on him suggests reflection convincingly enough to give you an idea of what kind of world or lighting situation he's in. The color choice is excellent, too.

Wow, thanks, I'm really honored! I considered it one of my better efforts for a jurnal but of course that didn't mean there wasn't a ton of competition.

Of course, as I said in the original oath complete post, I more or less followed a guide to the letter :v: but still, happy with the outcome.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath!

Reaper Bones 28mm crazy Owlbear!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Thanks, now I'll remember to keep painting. And I encourage other oathbreakers to get those avatars also.

With that said, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these three Ogre Kingdoms Yhetees for the month of October.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath one Firebelly and three converted Crypt Horrors. Said Horrors will be used as Chaos Spawns in 40k. All bits 28mm GW.

I'll post a comparison picture when I've painted them, but starting from left: The first one has had its head swapped, no actual cutting was required. Second one has had its arms swapped, I had to file down its shoulders to fit the new arms. The third one has had its hands chopped and replaced with lightning claws, as well as having its neck cut down in size to fit a new head.

Also, I'm appempting to Save the Whales! Here's how the dudes looked at the end of the month, I'll hopefully actually finish them now.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete ?!?

Apparently insomnia kicking in is really good for my painting productivity but really lovely for me being able to take decent photos. I may retake and resubmit these if I get the chance, maybe oath some more stuff.

Modern Adventurer - Angie 'Angel' Jackson, bounty hunter. Painted up to mimic Howard Jackson, a similarly styled Reaper figure I painted ages ago (who guest stars later).

Martial Artist 1 - 'Bubbles', the Backstreet Brawler.

Martial Artist 2 - Kimoko, Honourable Referee.

Martial Artist 3 - Ping, the Muay Thai Legend.

But wait, there's more! I also took some group shots:

The Jacksons and their temporary buddy Simon team up in a car park to pop caps in some Zees and Strike a Pose. Terrible fanfiction follows.

Howard and Angie Jackson in 'A bad night in Zombie Town' posted:

No-one ever went to Zombie Town any more. Not since the outbreak struck and turned it into a playground for the undead. That's why it was a great place for organised crime - once you knew the tricks of getting past the Zees you could set up secret meets there and not have to worry about snoops. Well, that was the theory anyway. One such meet was going on tonight, two bigwigs looking to carve up territory in the big city, a good chance for a couple of bounty hunters to bust heads and take in some major names, knock the gangs down a peg.

That had been the plan anyway - but no-one had counted on a third gang finding out and setting an ambush. One rocket, one explosion later left the plan - and most of the gangers - in tatters. Worse still, the noise and blood had attracted the attention of the Zees. When the smoke cleared, the place was teeming with them, and the wounded were soon finished off. A truce was called between the survivors, followed by a frenetic escape through the parking garage.

By the time they reached the outside gates it was down to Howard, Angie, 'Red Stain' Simon, and a couple dozen bullets. Locking and barring the doors behind them gate some respite from their pursuers, now all they had between them and freedom were the outer fence. Well, that and a couple streets full of Zees. Just another night in Zombie Town.

Also this:

This is my Jurnal Entry and also a Diorama entitled 'Charity Match' - a friendly exhibition bout twixt two fighters with all proceeds going to charity. There's meant to be a backdrop which slots into the back of the diorama base but my printer packed up. Just imagine it's a scene out of street fighter with a nifty backdrop like this - http://www.karatestl.com/images/ShuriCastle.jpg (I will try and retake pics once I've sorted out the proper backdrop).

As for the Jurnal itself, the figures represent charities / organisations etc.

Kimoko wears pink as per traditional Breast Cancer Awareness.

Bubbles and Ping wear blue and green respectively - the colours of Extra Life and Child's Play, two children's hospital charities I am supporting this year.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I oath for this month Two Circle Orboros Skinwalkers by Privateer Press (28mm).

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint these 5 Tempestus Scions and their Chimera for October. They're all from Games Workshop, 28mm scale.
Sorry I missed this - it was sandwiched between my last Accepted post and Monolith's judgement!

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of October 2014:
3 Martial Artists
1 Modern Adventurer

Awesome! Thank you again for sorting this stuff out, enjoy the show!
I did, was very interesting, some great terrain and layouts, lots of neat-looking games (including vikings vs zombies!) and Rick Priestly was there demoing Gates of Antares! I wanted to ask for his autograph but he wasn't around at the end of the day.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Thanks, now I'll remember to keep painting. And I encourage other oathbreakers to get those avatars also.

With that said, I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these three Ogre Kingdoms Yhetees for the month of October.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I oath for this month Two Circle Orboros Skinwalkers by Privateer Press (28mm).

Oaths Accepted!

Also, :siren: probable new prize sponsor on the horizon as well! :siren:

I was able to have a good long chat with the guy who designed & makes this amazing Necromunda-style terrain: http://www.wargamestournaments.com/acatalog/28mm_Industrial_Terrain_.html so I'm hoping to obtain a set (the small set, not the huge set at the top of the page) as another grand prize! So...let's hope that this comes through! If not the terrain set, I'm hoping we get at least a cool set of MDF terrain.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That guy's stuff is worth checking out even if he chooses not to sponsor. I just ordered some of his 28mm ruined city stuff, and the Necromunda-esque stuff looks fantastic.

I, moths, oath 9 Sherman tanks for October.

(They're different colors because there's resin, pewter, and different colored plastics there.)

I'm also going to include some of the stowage / extra bits, and these three crewmen. I'm absolutely not painting all the stowage and extras on the sprues - I just wanted to be up-front that none of it was painted to begin with.

Germ
May 7, 2013

:supaburn:August Judgment! :supaburn:

3rd Place (1 point): Gareth Gobulcoque – Smooth colors, bright, and well-executed. The Dreadfleet toys you goons have been pumping out are simply outstanding, and these models really take the cake. The detail work on this is amazing. It’s about as hosed up a ship design as one can imaging (a pyramid, on a boat with lots of oars, ridden by giant animated statues) but you really make it work. Those yellow and red diamonds are aces.

2nd Place (2 points): Vermintide - Is that a gutter runner hiding (playing?) in a leaf pile? I’m pretty sure that’s a gutter runner hiding in a leaf pile. Next to a pumpkin. It’s good to know that even Skaven sneak-murderers aren’t immune from a bit of good old-fashioned leaf-pile-jumping. The warm colors hold everything together nicely, while the acid green really pops. It can be hard to get birch seeds to look this good – too often they look obviously painted and fake, or they are left natural and look like birch seeds. Not so here. The combination of the grass and the leaves on the bases makes for some really interesting textures, with colors that tie in well to the models.

1st place (3 points): Red Shoe - Solid, consistent, and an impressive amount of volume. You can take a mostly earth-tone palette, and provide enough variation in colors to keep things interesting. Clean, smooth color application, time and time again. You’re like a robot sent from the future to churn out mass quantities of really well-painted Warmachine miniatures, so that, when the future finally comes, our robot overlords have really nice-looking armies with which to play toy soldiers.

Journal Bonus Point (1 Point) : JerryLee – Flipping through the photos, I kept getting drawn back to this one. While I know the model is sculpted in such a way to really pull for it, the contrast in this painting is wonderful. When doing really cartoony very dark to very light shading, it can be easy to just highlight everything equally, and forget from where the light is coming. Not so here in the least – the highest highlights aren’t overdone, and the whole effect is very eye-catching.

Germ fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 6, 2014

Germ
May 7, 2013

On a separate note: PRIZE SUPPORT!

I just wanted to put a note here about what type of prize support I'll be kicking in for oath-sworn Goons this season. The OP states that I'll be providing some terrain. Specifically, I recently ran a Kickstarter for a line of resin terrain. I'll be providing two sets of the "one of everything" pledge level for two goons (one set per goon).

The package includes:
4 area terrain bases (fitting 3, 4, 5, and 5 inserts each)
17 flat inserts of the goon's choice (tree stump, bare earth, exposed stone, and minefield)
5 rocky outcropping inserts
5 giant crystal inserts
1 stone wall set
1 broken stone wall set
1 reinforced stone wall set
2 ponds (1 large, 1 small)
2 marshes (1 large, 1 small)
1 graveyard set (12-pieces)
1 wooden crate set (9 groups, 4 loose crates)
1 objective marker set (8 pieces)

Thanks to all the goons who supported me throughout the project, and I hope you enjoy the terrain!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Hypnostache posted:

Yesssss

Germ posted:

On a separate note: PRIZE SUPPORT!
This is awesome news! Your terrain looks great.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Thanks to all the judges for your votes and compliments!

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I'm having difficulty focusing on miniatures and I'm failing oaths! Can I oath a Gundam model? It comes in multi-colored plastic but I intend to paint it up. Can/should I just post a picture of all the bits primed after I cut em off the sprues and prime so it's all the same color?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Signal posted:

Oath!

Did I get accepted? :magical:

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide oath one converted GW Goblin dude riding a giant bat, and one Heartbreaker Wererat champion with a weapon swap and shield addition. (25mm)

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For October I, Galaspar, oath one converted Chaos Lord and one Forge World Davinite Lodge Priest (GW, 28mm)

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
I, Mmtheblue, oath to paint one Reaper Mocking Beast.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

I, Brock Samsonite, for October Oath a Malighnos, (another) Shrouded, Noctifier, Speculo Killer, and a Q-Drone, all Infinity, all Corvus Belli

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I Oodles oath 8 Games Workshop 40K Boyz and 1 Nob would have been 9 boyz had I counted correctly when assembling them.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Signal posted:

Oath!

Signal posted:

Did I get accepted? :magical:

Yes! sorry :)

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide oath one converted GW Goblin dude riding a giant bat, and one Heartbreaker Wererat champion with a weapon swap and shield addition. (25mm)

Galaspar posted:

For October I, Galaspar, oath one converted Chaos Lord and one Forge World Davinite Lodge Priest (GW, 28mm)

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, oath to paint one Reaper Mocking Beast.

Brock Samsonite posted:

I, Brock Samsonite, for October Oath a Malighnos, (another) Shrouded, Noctifier, Speculo Killer, and a Q-Drone, all Infinity, all Corvus Belli

Oodles posted:

I Oodles oath 8 Games Workshop 40K Boyz and 1 Nob would have been 9 boyz had I counted correctly when assembling them.

Oaths Accepted!

Also, KR Multicase Grand Prize Winners from Oath Thread Season 4: YOUR GRAND PRIZES ARE ON THE WAY!! Please let us/me know when you get them :)

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

I, forkbanger, oath the Children of December crew.

That's Rasputina, an Ice Golem, 3 x Ice Gamin, and a Wendigo.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

I, forkbanger, oath the Children of December crew.
That's Rasputina, an Ice Golem, 3 x Ice Gamin, and a Wendigo.

Oath Accepted!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:siren:OATH ADDITION:siren:

1 Plague Enforcer w/ Experimental Weapon, 2 Marauder Mawbeasts and 1 Plague Strider for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Please ignore the blue resin, that belongs to the Stuntbot I've already oathed, Strider is the many grey plastic pieces, other three are the metal at the top

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint for October
  • 4x Marteau bombards, 4x R-4 Medium mortars, 2x L'Arman heavy tanks and 2x Grele flak tanks for Dystopian Wars by Spartan (1:1200)
  • 4x Warp Spiders and 1x Warp Spider Exarch for 40k by GW (28mm)
  • 1x Marauder Stuntbot for Deadzone/Warpath by Mantic (28mm)
  • 1x Shipping Container by Underground Lasers (28mm)

This is... this is already one of those months. Hoping the Mead, subsequent drinks and painting keep me above water. I may need to Oath Addition.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

Me too, right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ooops yeah - I just painted up some Shermans over the weekend! Was too busy to take pictures for Oathing though

moths posted:

I, moths, oath 9 Sherman tanks for October.

I'm also going to include some of the stowage / extra bits, and these three crewmen. I'm absolutely not painting all the stowage and extras on the sprues - I just wanted to be up-front that none of it was painted to begin with.

Oath Accepted!

• Locked thread