Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Tremek posted:

Goddamnit:

kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

Tremek posted:

Haha thanks. That was on Bridgestone Potenza Pole Position S-04s at 24psi, so drag radials would make a big difference too... I can feel the car slipping significantly off the line (but still turning 1.8xx 60' so not terrible) and then it also sidesteps on the 1-2 shift. I think I will probably see another 10th or 2 with DRs next year.

For what it's worth, I really like the tires. We drove the car 2500 miles back and forth from Virginia City, beat the hell out of them on the hillclimb, beat the hell out of them with 3 drag sessions now, and they're still quiet and ride well.

Any direct comparison to a new set of the OE Pilot Sport rubber? I'm on my 3rd set in the rear, 2nd in the front, and it's time for new shoes on my Wagon. If nothing else, the cost difference is appealing!

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I think -Vs came with Michelin Pilot Sport 2s (PS2s) but I don't have any experience there as when I got the car it had Hankooks on it and while being somewhat worn may have been part of the problem, I didn't like the ride or their tendency to want to follow ruts. It didn't matter anyway as I caught a nail in the left-rear on my 3rd day of owning the car.

I had Toyo Proxes Sports on the Mercedes, before that Mickey Thompson ET Street II drag radials, General GMax performance all-seasons on the G8, and before that the stock RE050s which were atrocious. Overall I like the S-04s the most but the car probably lends some perception bias. ;)

jhcain
Nov 8, 2005

EXCEEDING THE LIMIT? I'LL RUN YOUR ASS OFF THE ROAD 'CUZ I'M A PASSIVE-AGRESSIVE SPHINCTER-SUCKER. I FEEL INADEQUATE AS A MAN.

Tremek posted:

I think -Vs came with Michelin Pilot Sport 2s (PS2s) but I don't have any experience there as when I got the car it had Hankooks on it and while being somewhat worn may have been part of the problem, I didn't like the ride or their tendency to want to follow ruts. It didn't matter anyway as I caught a nail in the left-rear on my 3rd day of owning the car.

I had Toyo Proxes Sports on the Mercedes, before that Mickey Thompson ET Street II drag radials, General GMax performance all-seasons on the G8, and before that the stock RE050s which were atrocious. Overall I like the S-04s the most but the car probably lends some perception bias. ;)

Yeah, mine came with the PS2s - they're nice, and I've liked them on other cars, but I need to buy them in bulk for the rears, possibly due to driving habits of the operator...

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I was walking back to the office and saw a Dodge Magnum drive by. I thought 'I would love to see one of those with the current Dodge'.

Make it Dodge, make it.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

A chop but not the most terrible chop... I'd drive a Magnum Hellcat. :P

SyHopeful
Jun 24, 2007
May an IDF soldier mistakenly gun down my own parents and face no repercussions i'd totally be cool with it cuz accidents are unavoidable in a low-intensity conflict, man

Tremek posted:

Looks so much better than the sedan, actually.

Also, love the avatar. Cracks me up every time.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Tremek posted:

Yes please. :fap:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Tremek posted:

Someone send this to Mopar immediately :flashfap:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Tremek posted:

I'd buy the poo poo out of that.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
There are a couple of these floating around..

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Mighty Horse posted:

There are a couple of these floating around..

Not a fan of the chrome, but that looks really good, a lot better than the Magnums with the front end from the 300. The Charger SRT8 has one of the best 'angry face'

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.
I just noticed how cheap coil-overs are for the JSW. It's retarded that I can buy a decent set of coil-overs for like $600. WTF The Tiens I bought for my st165 where like $2200.

Anyways content I took the JSW through some crazy unpaved/ungraded roads in PA (Centralia), it did awesome, all while getting about 45mpg. I love the TDI.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

alternate.eago posted:

I just noticed how cheap coil-overs are for the JSW. It's retarded that I can buy a decent set of coil-overs for like $600. WTF The Tiens I bought for my st165 where like $2200.

You're gonna have to define "decent set" because I doubt it.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

nm posted:

You're gonna have to define "decent set" because I doubt it.

I've seen the tops blow off racelands, and BC's handle like poo poo. General rule is if it's under 2k it's probably poo poo and if you wanted to turn right you'd be better off with a strut/spring combo.

Then again I race on ksports, they're a huge compromise, but they are more durable than anything else that isn't an RSSP or DMS or JVAB

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

SyHopeful posted:

Also, love the avatar. Cracks me up every time.

The infamous Das Volk bought it for me, thank him for his, uh, wry sense of humor.

Drove the -V back up to the airport yesterday and met a cop to make an in-person accident report/complaint... Hopefully they do something with it and find the crappy person that tagged it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

alternate.eago posted:

Anyways content I took the JSW through some crazy unpaved/ungraded roads in PA (Centralia), it did awesome, all while getting about 45mpg. I love the TDI.

Interesting destination...

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

Slow is Fast posted:

I've seen the tops blow off racelands, and BC's handle like poo poo. General rule is if it's under 2k it's probably poo poo and if you wanted to turn right you'd be better off with a strut/spring combo.

Then again I race on ksports, they're a huge compromise, but they are more durable than anything else that isn't an RSSP or DMS or JVAB

I actually want something to suck up the bumps in DC better than the stock suspension, maybe air? The stock suspension is pretty decent, but I know it's not going to last forever. And yeah they probably weren't the greatest coilovers, but compared to MR2/All-Trac prices for crappy ones, I was pretty amazed.

CharlesM posted:

Interesting destination...

It was kind of on the way back from where I actually was that weekend, and the roads up and down the mountains were better than I83...

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
That Golf R wagon that was spotted doing some laps on a track over in Europe has a family member tearing across Arizona. This is my perfect car and I want badly for VW to make it available to me. I don't have much hope, but look at the thing!

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Hey guys, I am selling my wagon and figured I would post in here!

I have replaced the car so I am very motivated to sell!! Make offers!!!

I bought this car bone stock on June 16th 2011.

Year, Make and Model: 2006 Subaru outback XT limited
Color: obsidian black pearl
Miles: 123k
Transmission: 5eat
Title: clean
Lien: yes
VIN: 4S4BP67C964350330
Seller's email address: (joe@shootjoec.com)
Asking Price: $10,000.00 OBO

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

KakerMix posted:

That Golf R wagon that was spotted doing some laps on a track over in Europe has a family member tearing across Arizona. This is my perfect car and I want badly for VW to make it available to me. I don't have much hope, but look at the thing!

I sent this link to my VW salesman friend when it first popped up, and he replied "no chance of it coming here, unfortunately." Not sure how much he'd know at this point (I'm guessing probably just as much as us), but drat, I would love to make this my next purchase. Probably just here doing hot weather testing though. :(

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

DropShadow posted:

I sent this link to my VW salesman friend when it first popped up, and he replied "no chance of it coming here, unfortunately." Not sure how much he'd know at this point (I'm guessing probably just as much as us), but drat, I would love to make this my next purchase. Probably just here doing hot weather testing though. :(

Ha, mine replied with "Which unicorns do I have to kill to make it happen?"

I'm really digging the look of the Golf Alltrack that debuted at the Paris show last week. Never was a fan of the Audi A4 Alltrack, but that Mk VII front end really suits the vehicle style

neckbeard fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 7, 2014

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Tremek posted:

Goddamnit:

Wounded wagon. :( Hit 'n run in the airport parking garage apparently witnessed by the dude that left me the note. I talked to him and he's willing to cooperate with the police in trying to find the other driver, which at this point I would like to see through because karma. The parking garages have cameras that take a photo of the license plate of every car that exits so if the Denver police take even a passing interest in this I have to think this wouldn't be the unsolved case of the century.

It's driveable though so I tried to make the best of it and go drag racing immediately after landing (the reason I drove it to the airport in the first place instead of the Civic) and of course didn't run the dial and lost in the first round. Drag raced in a suit though so I guess that counts for something on the bucket list.

Wait, you have a Wagovan and a CTS-V. Are you me from the future!?

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
Drag racing station wagons, eh? Yeah, I'm down with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn2mQ1cZKFA

Bound to be the slowest race anyone has seen in some time. My friend in the HHR ran 17.99, I went 18.27. 1996 Buick Century V6 wagon.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ugh VWis doing their own version of the Audi Allroad, Volvo XC70 and Subaru Outback? Those three companies I can understand it, they're all known for AWD wagons already, but the VW seems odd.

Still annoyed that Audi doesn't make an A4/A6 avant anymore. :(

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
I've been half-heartedly looking for wagons and noticed this M5 up for sale near me:

:eyepop:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
New shoesesess for the wagon. I quite like them :downs:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

GramCracker posted:

New shoesesess for the wagon. I quite like them :downs:

You don't live in NC do you? I saw an S4 with that exact paint color and a vanity plate in the Charlotte airport.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

mik posted:

I've been half-heartedly looking for wagons and noticed this M5 up for sale near me:

:stwoon:

This will never, ever go up for sale for anything approaching a reasonable amount but I still have it bookmarked for, um. Bathroom...reading material.
http://enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?id=190&form_display=51#.VDVEUvmwKwE

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Left Ventricle posted:

Drag racing station wagons, eh? Yeah, I'm down with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gn2mQ1cZKFA

Bound to be the slowest race anyone has seen in some time. My friend in the HHR ran 17.99, I went 18.27. 1996 Buick Century V6 wagon.

The commentary makes that, uh, amusing. :P

If an HHR is a wagon, then this is pretty close too, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dh8euYyqzY

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

mik posted:

literally my dream car, money unlimited

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Stefan Prodan posted:

You don't live in NC do you? I saw an S4 with that exact paint color and a vanity plate in the Charlotte airport.

Nope, I do not. I'm actually in lower CT and, oddly, also have a vanity plate.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Saw a couple of new wagons that I ~hope~ make it over here, or at least to Canada:

Mazda6

Hyundai i40

Turbo engine in either with a sport suspension tune, yes please :allears:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

priznat posted:

Saw a couple of new wagons that I ~hope~ make it over here, or at least to Canada:

Mazda6

I hadn't been the biggest fan of Mazda's new design language until this beauty

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

8ender posted:

I hadn't been the biggest fan of Mazda's new design language until this beauty

Same, the grille fits with the larger size of the 6 vs the 3 really well. Also I dig the roof rails.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

Tremek posted:

The commentary makes that, uh, amusing. :P
That's my wife. I really appreciated her yelling “step on it babe" as if I weren't trying to press the pedal through the firewall.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
After 2 months of being deployed, came home to find my wife's Volvo V70XC is still treating her well. That transmission flush I did prior to leaving made a huge difference.

Noeland
Feb 28, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

After 2 months of being deployed, came home to find my wife

The beginning of your post had me thinking this was GiP for a moment. Sorry, just had to share.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

priznat posted:

Mazda6

I saw these in Iceland. They are even better looking in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

nm posted:

I saw these in Iceland. They are even better looking in person.

My buddy snapped this after he put the coilovers and snows on my Civic, this thing is awesome.

• Locked thread