Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

seannykun posted:

Ah drat it I missed the monthly whineposts about Atma. Atma is good, the end.

ahhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Welcome to why I've never bothered clearing Titan EX and went on to clear more forgiving fights like T6 and T7 instead. On the upside Titan EX doesn't gate any worthwhile content now and Titan HM should be able to be cleared with a goon relic train even if you get killed off by a landslide.

My post was a sarcastic post insulting people who are bitching about dated content.

Also lol if you haven't cleared Titan EX.

Basically when it comes to Primals and Atmas: Get good.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Kuvo posted:

ahhhhhhhhhh

Please tell me your retainer is named Skittles or some poo poo.

Vaguido posted:

My post was a sarcastic post insulting people who are bitching about dated content.

Also lol if you haven't cleared Titan EX.

Basically when it comes to Primals and Atmas: Get good.

Previously yea, I could see laughing about it but there's literally no reason to do Titan now. I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't have it now, with all the new 50's and current players not caring.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 3, 2014

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Samba De Amigo posted:

Previously yea, I could see laughing about it but there's literally no reason to do Titan now. I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't have it now, with all the new 50's and current players not caring.

Nah, current players care plenty, just for different reasons. Before the Nexus update the Trials roulette was an easy way to pick up a chunk of weekly soldiery and saw common use, so there were always people floating around in potential roulette groups for the game to match to the new players who were doing it for relic. Same for all the duty battles on the way to i80, really.

It's even MORE common now due to the prevalence of Nexus light farmers. Granted, Titan isn't always up for the bonus light but at least a couple times a day if you're a new person queuing for Titan HM you'll get a party ridiculously fast, even as a DPS.

...and then a squadron of seven utterly silent, terrifying shitwreckers geared to i110 with impressive glowing weapons will ignore you entirely, charge Titan, bring him down within a few minutes, and vanish without saying a word, if my farming experiences are any indication.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Titan HM is pretty hilariously fast now. Titan EX is something I kinda want to do at some point but I'd much rather do current content and well no reason to do him whatsoever.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Kuvo posted:

ahhhhhhhhhh

What would possess you to do this? Atma every weapon?

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Yukari posted:

Why not? It's not like getting atma is hard.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Meiteron posted:

Nah, current players care plenty, just for different reasons. Before the Nexus update the Trials roulette was an easy way to pick up a chunk of weekly soldiery and saw common use, so there were always people floating around in potential roulette groups for the game to match to the new players who were doing it for relic. Same for all the duty battles on the way to i80, really.

It's even MORE common now due to the prevalence of Nexus light farmers. Granted, Titan isn't always up for the bonus light but at least a couple times a day if you're a new person queuing for Titan HM you'll get a party ridiculously fast, even as a DPS.

...and then a squadron of seven utterly silent, terrifying shitwreckers geared to i110 with impressive glowing weapons will ignore you entirely, charge Titan, bring him down within a few minutes, and vanish without saying a word, if my farming experiences are any indication.

Do EX Primals ever come up as light bonuses? That seems like a good way to drag some bleeding corpses to completion.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

I want to say the extreme primal comes up as a bonus at the same time the corresponding hard primal does. Take this with salt.

Problem is, they're only 6 points with bonus compared to hard's 4. And even if you don't wipe horribly a million times (which you can reasonably expect to unless you're going with your static or maybe doing Garuda or Leviathan), I'm pretty sure the fights still take more than 1.5 times as long as their hard mode equivalents.

Now, if extreme primals gave a tier or two higher (newborn star with bonus would be sweet but possibly excessive, but at least blinding with bonus would be worth considering), I could see PFing a set group to spam some extremes. As it is, they don't give nearly enough light for their success rate with a pug, or their time efficiency with a set group.

bleuraindrops
Jun 22, 2011

Vil posted:

I've heard that the requirement is "alive", not "alive and in the boss arena". (It might be "alive and nearby" though.) So might it work to return (and maybe run back) before the boss dies?

This is true. If you die when the boss is almost dead, just release.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Yukari posted:

its not mine. theres no way i would do that grind more then once

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kuvo posted:

its not mine. theres no way i would do that grind more then once

Maybe you should git good

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014

Velthice posted:

Why not? It's not like getting atma is hard.

Exactly. It only takes a trip to Target to buy :20bux: of tube socks.

dangersandwich fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 3, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

dangersandwich posted:

Exactly. It only takes a trip to Target to buy :20bux: of tube socks.

:gitgud:

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Gorelab posted:

Titan HM is pretty hilariously fast now. Titan EX is something I kinda want to do at some point but I'd much rather do current content and well no reason to do him whatsoever.

Don't forget the mount the Ex primals can drop.

Clearly that and that alone is enough to keep people running them.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Xenoveritas posted:

It's enough to keep regular Ifrit and Garuda EX parties running

Doesn't help that titanhorse looks like poo poo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Saying atma isn't hard is like saying that becoming a billionaire isn't hard. All you have to do is keep buying lottery tickets!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Xenoveritas posted:

Materials to turn into amazing/garish furniture? Yeah it's mostly the pony.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Hmm, a bunch of new posts. I wonder what's going on to-

Goddamnit guys. Can't we complain about idiot undercutters, or heavy, or people freaking out on the official forums instead?

I would totally rock color-coded Atma chairs. Arrange them around a table by hue to look all pretty~

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014

brb purchasing a netflix subscription to supplement my mmo subscription so i can get good

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've been grinding fishing to 50 recently and it really makes me want to play Animal Crossing. Then I thought "Hey, there is personal rooms and personal housing. It'd be rad to make fish tanks that put in fully modeled fish that I capture".

Basically I want to fill my entire room with fish tanks on the floor just like in animal crossing.

drink slurm
Feb 18, 2010

Anime and Weed, what else do you need?

dangersandwich posted:

brb purchasing a netflix subscription to supplement my mmo subscription so i can get good

get two monitors, grind fates on one while watching video content on the other :gitgud:

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
So, the wife and I are trying to find a new MMO to sink time into. Honestly I feel like the WoW style gameplay is pretty stale, and my fear is that's what FFXIV might be. I played WoW for years (also played FFXI a bit before that), and it just started to feel like I was doing the same thing with different animation for a lot of the characters. Is there much difference at the endgame level? Is the endgame decent? Is leveling fun? These are all questions I'm sure I could find the answers to elsewhere, but I'd rather pester you guys about it.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Levelling is fantastic, but the game is definitely WoW-like (though quite different in some ways). Even if you don't re-up, you can play through the main story in a month or so, and that's definitely worth the price of admission.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Doubly so considering that it's on sale on Steam right now. Get a referral code for some goodies AND a free trial if not yet convinced.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
This is incredibly dumb, and I love it.

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014

Gejimayu posted:

So, the wife and I are trying to find a new MMO to sink time into. Honestly I feel like the WoW style gameplay is pretty stale, and my fear is that's what FFXIV might be. I played WoW for years (also played FFXI a bit before that), and it just started to feel like I was doing the same thing with different animation for a lot of the characters. Is there much difference at the endgame level? Is the endgame decent? Is leveling fun? These are all questions I'm sure I could find the answers to elsewhere, but I'd rather pester you guys about it.

Every class plays differently, but there are no talent trees and therefore no customization within a class; this makes every class suffer from "One True Build" syndrome in a very bad way. As a result this game excels at making players shine through playing their class really well. Since there's only one way to be good at a class, you can tell if someone is good or bad after playing with them once, even without a DPS meter.

Current endgame is a treadmill wherein later patches buff parties to make old content easier, allowing non-hardcore raiders to catch up. That said, raiding is fun if you enjoy raiding. If you don't have 7 other friends to consistently play with, you will suffer every week because you will only pick up a good pubbie every 3 out of 10 times. But this shouldn't be a problem if you join the goon guild. If you're a hardcore raider you will likely complete whatever the current raid content is within 2 months, whereas a major patch comes once every 4 months.

Leveling is fun, huge variety of dungeons and really polished main storyline with tons of cutscenes. Just buy the game for a free month, if you don't like it you're only out $13.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/262341/

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leal posted:

I've been grinding fishing to 50 recently and it really makes me want to play Animal Crossing. Then I thought "Hey, there is personal rooms and personal housing. It'd be rad to make fish tanks that put in fully modeled fish that I capture".

Basically I want to fill my entire room with fish tanks on the floor just like in animal crossing.

Now that you have brought this up, I want it real bad.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

If you want direct insight into why Atma is much much easier than Nexus, come watch my Nexus stream

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Grindin' trials instead of grindin' FATEs. At least trials allow you to use all of your abilities.

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum

Niton posted:

Goddamnit guys. Can't we complain about idiot undercutters, or heavy, or people freaking out on the official forums instead?

Yamimarik posted:

Yes this again.

::-DISCLAIMER-:: First off please note I DO support body hair for both genders. BUT this thread is specifically made for males. If you so wish to make one for females, by all means do so and I will come in and show my support! I am NOT a misogynist. So please leave your hate at the door. Thank you.

Sorry for that, but I don't want the same crap from the beta forums so yeah... onwards!

It seems to me that a lack of body hair is indeed a thing that, for the most part, is very unnoticeable by some, but not by all.

Personally, I feel like a 10-12yr boy without the option. This should be(magic word) OPTIONAL for anyone who wishes to add it to their character.

From what I've gathered through my thread on the beta forums, it seems the majority was in agreement:

Body hair should be for:
Hyur Midlanders & Highlanders
Roegadyn
Miqo'te

EDIT:
To clarify I am in full support of Lalafell/Elezen Body hair for males as well! I just didn't see enough feedback back on the beta forums to warrant them on this list. But yes, if there is enough support out there for it, by all means SE can we get body hair on ALL males Thank you ^.^

Places it would show up would be chest/stomach/arms/possible underarms(if it's feasible).

And of course it should have a slider/thickness/number of options of some sort depending on the race which it will be applied.

THIS IS NOT a fetish request of any kind. It's simply part of the anatomy of ones self. And this one self feels like it should be a part of Eorzea's anatomy. So show your support! Males need to look like males! Not everyone in the world is shaved/bald/waxed! It's just not acceptable in the entire world to only be those three options.

Sadly our forums do not allow me to duplicate the colors used in that post.

This post is actually from a year ago - but it only just received an official response of "maybe someday."

Leal posted:

Grekumah posted:

Greetings,

While I can't give you a specific time period, in the future we are planning to add tanks where you can look at fish. This should be gallons of fun.

So... "maybe someday."

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
I will never stop being surprised at the excuses people will come up with to justify their hatred of what is unequivocally one of the easiest parts of the relic chain.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

It's not a matter of easy, it's a matter of random.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

not an empty quote

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
atma just takes like a day and a half, i don't know why people are complaining

dangersandwich
May 18, 2014

Thumbtacks posted:

atma just takes like a day and a half, i don't know why people are complaining

The average to get 12 Atma shards is 400 FATEs ±100 depending on how much RNG fuckery you experience. Most of us have better things to do than to spend hours doing hundreds of FATEs that give nothing with no progress bar.

"like a day and a half" is bullshit unless you're a) extremely lucky, or b) some kind of atma wizard with RNG reduction spells.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

dangersandwich posted:

The average to get 12 Atma shards is 400 FATEs ±100 depending on how much RNG fuckery you experience. Most of us have better things to do than to spend hours doing hundreds of FATEs that give nothing with no progress bar.

"like a day and a half" is bullshit unless you're a) extremely lucky, or b) some kind of atma wizard with RNG reduction spells.

I'm approaching 350 fates since my last atma. This doesn't really feel 'easy'.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
Hiroshi NQ got 12 atma in 14 hours live on stream. Garin got 12 atma in a day and a half just a few months ago. The problem people have with atma is subtly hinted at in this thread by the complainers. You aren't grinding hard enough. "I did fates for 100 hours" really means "I did 2 fates and then quit". Just sit down, and bang it out, and it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Belzac posted:

Hiroshi NQ got 12 atma in 14 hours live on stream. Garin got 12 atma in a day and a half just a few months ago. The problem people have with atma is subtly hinted at in this thread by the complainers. You aren't grinding hard enough. "I did fates for 100 hours" really means "I did 2 fates and then quit". Just sit down, and bang it out, and it's over.

Girlfriend and I sat down and did FATEs for like 2 hours the other day, neither of us got an Atma.

• Locked thread