Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Cygni posted:

Internet racing in the casual internet racing game is not casual do not take it casually or you will hear from me, pasta_dad_12
Really?

pasta_dad_777

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Yes, really.

pasta_dad_187

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=904010

This game is really pretty.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Some of those photos are unbelievable.

I'm considering buying a wheel, is anyone playing with one? I'm guessing most of you are using controllers

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Crafty posted:

Some of those photos are unbelievable.

I'm considering buying a wheel, is anyone playing with one? I'm guessing most of you are using controllers

I'm using a Thrustmaster tx wheel with the three pedal and shifter add-on. It's very fun

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007

Welp, I started at page one and I can't stop looking through them. This game looks phenomenal.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I'm buying an Xbox One tomorrow just for this game. I'm a stupid man.

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
Can I get an invite to GRC? Gamer tag is Sinvar77

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006

Comrade Flynn posted:

I traded in a Wii, Wii U, a PS3 and some games and got $400 credit and bought an Xbox One and this game. Was worth it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Guess who's back, bitches.

jdfording posted:

Can I get an invite to GRC? Gamer tag is Sinvar77

Friend GutBomb303 and try to join again tomorrow

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

jdfording posted:

I traded in a Wii, Wii U, a PS3 and some games and got $400 credit and bought an Xbox One and this game. Was worth it.

I already own a PS4. I bought it just for one game.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Guess who's back, bitches.

I will build the anti-BigPOOT.

I have a message for you, and you're not going to like it.
Pray for death.

Posted by pasta_dad_777.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Oct 4, 2014

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005
For anyone running into issues with the cross country races, I have a couple of tips that might helps.

First, don't even try and use the cockpit or bumper cameras. Even on taller vehicles, the view is blocked by tall grass or the vineyards you go through, and the farthest chase camera gives you a much better view of where you're going, which gives more time to set up the line for the next checkpoint. Second, install the front and rear Forza aero, and crank up the downforce as high as it can go. Cross country races generally don't come down to whoever has the fastest top speed, and the extra downforce makes it much easier to keep a tight line through the checkpoints, which makes life a lot easier.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

azflyboy posted:

First, don't even try and use the cockpit or bumper cameras. Even on taller vehicles, the view is blocked by tall grass or the vineyards you go through

No way, that's the best part of the cross country races! just turn down the drivitar difficulty or 1st place the other races so it doesn't matter what position you come in :v: will have to try the downforce settings though. On that note does upgrading your selected car to the max of it's class have any impact on the single player races? I really haven't noticed a difference yet.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Anything super grippy is crap for the cross country stuff, you need at least a little slide to be competitive. I was wrecking house with an F1 in an online road trip until we hit the cross country sprint, then it was a laser beam grip monster with no turning whatsoever.

The F1 is really not worth the cash though, from what I've seen so far the 360CS the game gives you is pretty drat competitive for S1, and the Diablo / Countach rule A. The Lambos are the only cars so far to disprove my "If you start in pole you're guaranteed a win" rule.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Comrade Flynn posted:

Shut up, you can afford it :v: Pretend it's a carbon fiber front splitter for your new Viper or whatever you end up with next.

I'll be back from holiday to play October 9th, hope all you guys haven't finished the drat entire thing by then. Lots of fun reading the thread though.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Dr. Faustus posted:

dolemite, I'm just not a griefer. Yes, I know many pubbies deserve it. That's why I race with friends and not with pubbies. That's what GTCC and GRC were all about for me... not having to deal with griefers.

Bring a huge Transit or a Vandura to any pubbie race, it's cool with me. If I'm there I'll just find somewhere else to race.

Oh yeah, totally agree. That's why I wanted to race with the Goon GTCC and GRC challenges. I like a good, competitive race as much as anyone. And last time I raced with Goons, everyone was fast and raced clean. If a Goon made a mistake and took someone out, It was refreshing to see the guy apologize for that.

When I move to a new apartment and can set up my sim nerd gear, I'll be on my PC playing against other racing enthusiasts that want a good race.

quote:

On the other hand, bring a grief-mobile to one of my lobbies when it's not a specific huge box race; and we're going to butt heads.
I mean no offense, but you've been crowing about your van-griefing prowess for several days now and it's just not my thing.
I too mean no offense when I say: LMAO at this. Maybe you didn't intend for it to sound this way, but the LMAO is because I'm perceiving this as tough bro talk.
I've only posted about this two or three times max. It's because it's fun to race in a van and win.

Its been touched on before, but when I trot out the van, I don't do dick moves like plow into people, brake check, etc. Heck, to call it "griefing" is a stretch in my eyes. I call it both "using a car the game developers made" and "using the car as intended - to race".

quote:

That said, I still agree pubbies often deserve it. Sometimes, though, you find a good lobby and you should be a good guy to share the track, and win on skill. That's when you leave the huge fast vans at home.

I apologize for coming off all preachy, "it's just a game" and all of that. Please don't be offended. Like every other gamer, I have opinions.
Totes agree there. If it's a lobby full of wreckers and/or people that just poo poo talk all day, the van is coming out.

If the lobby is full of people that are legit trying to race, then I trot out a proper sports car for the race so I can actually have some fun trying to race. Something that's hard to find on Live :(

---

Speaking of Goons and racing, I recently unlocked the ability to join a car club. I just joined up with GRC. Hope to race with you all soon. :)

Disorientated
Sep 1, 2006
Any Goons up to play right now? My GT is Disoriented80 - just send me a friend request and let's do some hooning.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Joined the GRC; I'm "Valo 616"

My rewards finally kicked in this morning; nice to know what 7 years worth of Forza loyalty translates into. :dance:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Dolemite posted:

I too mean no offense when I say: LMAO at this. Maybe you didn't intend for it to sound this way, but the LMAO is because I'm perceiving this as tough bro talk.
I've only posted about this two or three times max. It's because it's fun to race in a van and win.
On the one hand, posting about it two or three times might (in some peoples' opinions) be two or three times too many; but on the other hand I have to come clean and share a secret shame:

SAPopeOnARope touched me. Often. With his Transit. He brought it to races where it didn't belong (like Positano) and blocked everybody and the only reason he did it, in goon races, mind, was to piss me off. Well, it worked.

I guess it's a sore spot for me.

Not only that, but I am having to build vehicles that can withstand Bigpoot because my own club leader loves to ram me with it!

We're good, sorry I let my molestation at the hands of goons trigger me!

Welcome to GRC, see you on the roads.

P.S. - Welcome to the club, Valo.

E: THESE ARE THE BEST DRIVING ROADS IN THE WORLD! DON'T WASTE THE OPPORTUNITY! *whole field drives through vineyard*

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 4, 2014

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

Shut up, you can afford it :v: Pretend it's a carbon fiber front splitter for your new Viper or whatever you end up with next.

I'll be back from holiday to play October 9th, hope all you guys haven't finished the drat entire thing by then. Lots of fun reading the thread though.

I need to fix the carbon fiber front splitter which I broke in the GTR. Only issue is a new one is $2000.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Yes, baby. We're home.

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 4, 2014

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

Yes, baby. We're home.

It's missing the howdy tears face

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

It's missing the howdy tears face
Yes, every car will miss the Howdy tears face, unless Endbuster or DaShoe make a new one and put it up for me in Horizon. I don't think I can make it myself, and even if I could I'd put Ray-Ban Wayfarers on it instead of bloodshot tear-streaked eyes.

You know what? gently caress those guys! Yeah!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

What's the deal with the bonus reward credits? I haven't received any.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
It seems to take ahwile (like a day or more) for them to show up. They do show up. I posted in the Forza forums about it and, though there's probably no correlation, I got mine very soon afterwards.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Thanks. drat, this game is stunning. Worth the cost of the Xbone.

Oh, how do I join the dumb goon group? My GT is: Comrade Flynn

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone else tried that Horizon Hub app yet? I gave it a whirl and got rewarded with 300,000 CR in both Forza 5 and Horizon 2. Literally just for launching the app!

That puts me at almost 1 mil in CR in both games. :D

So if you haven't yet, I suggest grabbing the Horizon Hub app!

E: It also said it gave me rewards in Horizon 1 and FM 4. I'm too lazy to find those games in my closet, but I wonder what those rewards are. The app didn't say.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Missing 2 speed zones. I've seen maps that put one of them just below the Italia written on the map, but there's nothing there - no cameras on the side of the road to trigger. The other I have no idea, because the only map I can find isn't even complete.

I've driven 315/315 roads too, so I'm at a loss when it comes to just searching.

The Local Legend
Jun 5, 2013

I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party.

Comrade Flynn posted:

That's how I ended up with mine.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

The Local Legend posted:

That's how I ended up with mine.

I got lucky. Found a new Microsoft employee who got one during his orientation he didn't want. $340 for a brand new kinect unit with forza 5!

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
^^ This guy! ^^

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Dr. Faustus posted:

^^ This guy! ^^

Hey howdy, did you happen to purchase your xbone with a credit card?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
mmm boy that's some good landscapin there aldo

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

GutBomb posted:

Hey howdy, did you happen to purchase your xbone with a credit card?
I bought it on my Dell credit account. I've long since paid it off.

I JUST WANTED TO PLAY FORZA, YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?? WAAAAHAHAHAHA WHY DO PEOPLE HATE ON ME SO MUCH I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS abloooolooooooloooo why pickin on me

I was just happy that guy got an XBox for a good price.

Meanwhile, some huge hypocrite posted this:

quote:

Waiting for my code myself. It will keep me from having to get a cpx adapter. I'll just switch out the wheel base for the gt2 when I want to play a 360 game. The clubsport wheel will work for the xbone, pc, and ps3. Then I'll have a g27 and Thrustmaster tx to sell and my wife will make fun of me for having 4 wheels

LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 5, 2014

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

ApathyGifted posted:

Missing 2 speed zones. I've seen maps that put one of them just below the Italia written on the map, but there's nothing there - no cameras on the side of the road to trigger. The other I have no idea, because the only map I can find isn't even complete.

I've driven 315/315 roads too, so I'm at a loss when it comes to just searching.

It seems to not count the cameras you go through on road trips or something, so try checking the leaderboards of all the cameras to see if you are actually on them or not.

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Hey, I dunno which is the Goon Club for 360 so I joined one called Goon Squad Teacher. My GT is: Secret Panzer. If anyone wants to smash cars together.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

PSA: the 5 perk point "Win better prizes more often with Horizon Wheelspin" seems to be not really worth it. It hasn't obviously increased the rate at which I win cars and only gives a 10% increase on forzabucks payouts. Spending 5 perk points to get 3300CR instead of 3000 is bullshit.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
This is a pretty great game. If drivatars weren't so COMPLETELY loving RETARDED, it would be almost perfect... Also, cross-country races are the answer to the question no one asked. Though I am glad we got some wicked off-road vehicles. LR Defender 90 :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Lawen posted:

PSA: the 5 perk point "Win better prizes more often with Horizon Wheelspin" seems to be not really worth it. It hasn't obviously increased the rate at which I win cars and only gives a 10% increase on forzabucks payouts. Spending 5 perk points to get 3300CR instead of 3000 is bullshit.
And I spent my perks on it.
I have to agree, if it does anything I haven't noticed much.

I did win a nice Fiat that was worth a lot of money. Maybe?

• Locked thread