Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Now I have kimchee ingredients on my shopping list! I thought it would be a much more involved process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Bought this record player, Audio Technica's AT-LP120. Got it in the mail 2 days ago, unpacked it, turned it on at the wrong voltage setting and blew a fuse. Now it's getting fixed in an electronics repair shop, dammit.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

krampster2 posted:

Bought this record player, Audio Technica's AT-LP120. Got it in the mail 2 days ago, unpacked it, turned it on at the wrong voltage setting and blew a fuse. Now it's getting fixed in an electronics repair shop, dammit.

Bro do you even electrical engineer?

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Old shoes started making my toes bleed.. Time to get the legs back into action with these hideous runners.. 40% off, why not!

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

Josh Lyman posted:

Bro do you even electrical engineer?

Was going to try and fix it myself and so called up Audio Technica asking how I go about it and they said it's likely the smaller of the two fuses which is tricky to get to. They said it would be dumb to try myself. Might have been able to do it myself but it was expensive and didn't want to risk loving it up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

It's a decent record player but I guess it was designed by shitheads if you can't access all fuses easily. I had a pair of Inifinity active speakers like that. You had to take the other speaker completely apart and disconnect everything on the PCB before pulling it out to access the fuse holder and it was a really tight squeeze for adult fingers. I kept plugging in the wrong power supply (whose specs exactly matched those printed on the speaker's power connector!) and blowing the fuse until the last time when I just smashed the outer casing with a hammer and stripped the fucker for parts. They were the best computer speakers I've ever had :smith:

The Clowning
Jan 10, 2007
I'm certainly not gonna sign for any more packages with the word "Congo" written in blood.

Because my old Sonicare died and The Sweethome says this is the best electronic toothbrush.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The Clowning posted:

Because my old Sonicare died and The Sweethome says this is the best electronic toothbrush.

Tip: Always buy the cheapest Braun electric toothbrush you can find as long as it uses that head. They come up with new models every year that cost 20-50 € more than the older ones but since they use the same actual brushes there's zero functional improvement.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

wigbot v2.0 posted:

Old shoes started making my toes bleed.. Time to get the legs back into action with these hideous runners.. 40% off, why not!

Those look pretty awesome. Where did you get them?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bunk Rogers posted:

http://www.spearshoes.com/

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

djfooboo posted:

Now I have kimchee ingredients on my shopping list! I thought it would be a much more involved process.

Do yourself a favour and get the best, most airtight tupperware container you can afford. You don't want a leak or the Kimchi smell to permeate into everything in your fridge.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

I get muscle pain after my crossfit workout but don't want artificial Anti-Inflammatories killing my gains by f*cking with my body's chemistry.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Narciss posted:

I get muscle pain after my crossfit workout but don't want artificial Anti-Inflammatories killing my gains by f*cking with my body's chemistry.

This is the lowest effort troll.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

In other fitness news:

This sonofabitch right here.

It's the greatest. Not trolling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

First...

Then after trying to play it on a regular sized 3DS...

(NA version doesn't have the game, but does have the A/C adapter. Europe is weird.)

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
My tub ran out, so it was new protein day last week.

Was only $45 and tastes like reeses cereal.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.
Here's some items I got:
The folder(CRKT Razel) is cheap and some aspects are poorly made but well designed so it's kind of nice. Was cheap.
The knot reference cards are totally awesome. It's like a super new and versatile technology at my disposal in various situations, but with strings and rope. Also, inexpensive.

Reference quarter and another version of the same line.
I'm seriously considering changing the tip shape to a Wharncliffe or a Sheep's Foot, though, because that chisel tip is one of the more impractical things for almost all cutting tasks.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Is it better than ON Whey? I have some vanilla ON. You could put it side by side with a glass of milk blended powdered milk and not taste the difference.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Because I'm a giant nerd, I ordered this back in June and forgot about it completely. They sent an email saying it's finally shipped, so now I'm excited to get it again.

Also picked up this on Steam. Best AAA game I've played in ages.

Edit: phone posting, so didn't notice hoe massive that first pic was. My bad.

Fashionable Jorts has a new favorite as of 02:36 on Oct 5, 2014

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

kannonfodder posted:

Because I'm a giant nerd, I ordered this back in June and forgot about it completely. They sent an email saying it's finally shipped, so now I'm excited to get it again.
*huge table destroying image*

Might want timg that image.

Content:

RCBS Deburring tool, to tidy up my cases that are catching on the magazine causing FTF's.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

2 grand well spent.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

McKilligan posted:

2 grand well spent.

:stare:

How long did that take?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

kannonfodder posted:

Also picked up this on Steam. Best AAA game I've played in ages.

It's funny how both of these have almost the same pose.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Hellbeard posted:

Here's some items I got:
The folder(CRKT Razel) is cheap and some aspects are poorly made but well designed so it's kind of nice. Was cheap.
The knot reference cards are totally awesome. It's like a super new and versatile technology at my disposal in various situations, but with strings and rope. Also, inexpensive.

Reference quarter and another version of the same line.
I'm seriously considering changing the tip shape to a Wharncliffe or a Sheep's Foot, though, because that chisel tip is one of the more impractical things for almost all cutting tasks.

What is the reason people would buy a chisel tip knife? This isn't trolling, I actually know nothing about knives beyond "sharp is good" and "machetes are good for coconuts."

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

David Copperfield posted:

What is the reason people would buy a chisel tip knife? This isn't trolling, I actually know nothing about knives beyond "sharp is good" and "machetes are good for coconuts."

screwdriver tip and the blade is generally stronger.

I know all my knives turn into screwdriver tips.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

JEEVES420 posted:

screwdriver tip and the blade is generally stronger.

I know all my knives turn into screwdriver tips.

I hope nobody from the Sharp and Pointy poo poo thread sees this. Why are you using a knife as a screwdriver? Buy a screwdriver.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Heresiarch posted:

It's funny how both of these have almost the same pose.

Haha didn't notice that at all. Though, it is a pretty generic pose (probably half of all video game covers have that pose.)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

McKilligan posted:

2 grand well spent.

i really love the skelebro in this tattoo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Rented Horns, and it was pretty cool. Not quite the same as the book but still, worth a watch.

Jefinabox
Jun 26, 2007

McKilligan posted:

2 grand well spent.

Tattoo is rad, is that a third nipple on your hip?

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

David Copperfield posted:

For me it was that for one thing I thought it was interesting looking and the second is that it looks a little more non threatening (especially the stubby). I think practically it's for scraping stuff and carpentry sort of work. For stuff like opening a pack of crisps and envelopes it seems less good than something with a point. I don't really know that much about knives either.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Jefinabox posted:

Tattoo is rad, is that a third nipple on your hip?

If only, sadly it's just a keloid scar. Whole thing took around 20-ish hours over 4 sessions, there's also a bit on my back shoulder you can't see.

ishimaru
Jul 19, 2006

Traditional Pain in the Ass Japanese House.

Bunk Rogers posted:

And those shoes are ASICS Gel-Zaraca 2. That color is euro edition I think...
Yup Euro kicks.

http://www.titolo.ch/asicsgelzaraca2-p-8526.html

ishimaru has a new favorite as of 08:09 on Oct 5, 2014

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

Bunk Rogers posted:

https://www.milletsports.co.uk - but just Google Asics Gel Zaraca 2 and I'm sure you'll find some...

P.s. LOL clown shoe

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

McKilligan posted:

2 grand well spent.

Jesus gently caress. Now this is a tattoo done right. So intricate.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

McKilligan posted:

2 grand well spent.

Nice. How long did it take to plan it out?

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

I don't know. I'm kind of left wondering whether he has enemies or not.

P.S.
Really cool tattoo, I super dig the linework-only style and think it's cool and awesome. Very clean and looks professional- technically proficient.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's pretty Damon nice but I can't unsee that big dragon over your nipple as a giant wang.

If you're down with wang that's cool I guess.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

If you ever wear a v-neck or one of those big looping neck hipster shirts you're going to look like Brock Lesnar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheres Wallace
May 5, 2009

:) keep on keepin' on :)
GoPro Hero, 32GB microSD card.

Used 3DS XL with Link Between Worlds pre-loaded, plus Super Smash 3DS.