Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jscolon2.0 posted:

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my dad did. Not screaming in terror, like his passengers.

That joke's a killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If there's not a line about penguins eating fish when Oswald takes over Mooney's operation, I'll be genuinely impressed by the restraint.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hup posted:

If there's not a line about penguins eating fish when Oswald takes over Mooney's operation, I'll be genuinely impressed by the restraint.

I've been saying since her character's name was announced that it's clearly a long game to get to that one pun.

(There's also the variant of that pun, but it may be too risque for network TV)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Gotham was OK but the constant little nods to Batman's rogue's gallery became really grating. I do like the Cooke Catwoman costume though.

Agents of SHIELD was pretty loving good though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

Agents of SHIELD was pretty loving good though.
Finally caught up with SHIELD today and those Absorbing Man effects were actually pretty solid (esp. the diamond arm). Well done, sfx guys!

I was hoping we'd get to see that soldier go up to Adrian P. later and try to shake his hand. Poor guy.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Dominic Cooper confirmed to reprise role as Howard Stark for Agent Carter.

http://screenrant.com/marvel-agent-carter-dominic-cooper-howard-stark/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Gotham is actually pretty dope, the parts I thought I'd hate I didn't, and the rest is really solid.

Also, the comedian was terrible, but I thought the laughter was just Fish-Mooney wanting to sleep with him.

Nygma is pretty awesome.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I just reread David Mack's "Echo: Vision Quest" story from Daredevil (a fill-in arc during Bendis and Maleev's run), and now I can't help but wonder if Rosario Dawson was cast as Echo in the Daredevil series, rather than Elektra. Mack painted Echo to look so much like Rosario Dawson that he had to have used her as a photo reference.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I just reread David Mack's "Echo: Vision Quest" story from Daredevil (a fill-in arc during Bendis and Maleev's run), and now I can't help but wonder if Rosario Dawson was cast as Echo in the Daredevil series, rather than Elektra. Mack painted Echo to look so much like Rosario Dawson that he had to have used her as a photo reference.

I hope so, I like Echo a hell of a lot more than Elektra.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Well that last part is true. Mack is pretty well known (and has gotten into trouble) for photo referencing and tracing other peoples art.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Kickstarter Nightwing series has it's first episode out. Enjoy
"Deathstroke"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o297A1wmys0

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

"The Series."

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Rocksicles posted:

Kickstarter Nightwing series has it's first episode out. Enjoy
"Deathstroke"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o297A1wmys0

It was meh. Definitely had that "fan-made" quality level - but the guy they got playing Dick looks pretty spot-on. The four minute fight scene with DS fighting the same two stunt doubles over and over was a little much. I know they probably used original art for that opening, but yikes. All in all... No thanks.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tuxedo Jack posted:

It was meh. Definitely had that "fan-made" quality level - but the guy they got playing Dick looks pretty spot-on. The four minute fight scene with DS fighting the same two stunt doubles over and over was a little much. I know they probably used original art for that opening, but yikes. All in all... No thanks.

It's free you big moaner

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

It's free you big moaner

Guess no one can criticize any fan project ever made then.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
When you make something like this for less than the price of a semi luxury family car. What were you expecting...?
With that 8 mins episode and the Superboy short they did, it's already a million miles better than Smallville.

People choose to be negative. How about applauding the effort, it takes balls to put something like this together for no profit.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Rocksicles posted:

It's free you big moaner

There are a lot of things that are free that aren't good. It's clear they worked very hard on it, but that doesn't mean it's good.

Rocksicles posted:

People choose to be negative. How about applauding the effort, it takes balls to put something like this together for no profit.

I applaud their effort, but even for a fan film, it was just meh. :colbert:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

If it's not good it's not good, they don't get some sort of quality pass just 'cause it's independent. You can still applaud the effort and intent behind it even though the end result isn't great.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Rocksicles posted:

They seem to be trying really hard, but so is my dog when it tries to jump up on the couch and ends up face-planting.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Yeah, it wasn't so bad they should all never make anything again, but it was definitely flawed and they should keep trying.

I thought the 'fighting the same two stunt guys' was really funny, I'm still laughing about it. Get those guys some wigs or something at least. Haha.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Also, why are all of the Catering Company's waiters skilled martial artists willing to die for some Senator who's up for reelection? I mean, voting for an incumbent is hard enough to sell, but dying for him? Jeez. The dude had a machine gun and a sword, just run?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Also, why are all of the Catering Company's waiters skilled martial artists willing to die for some Senator who's up for reelection? I mean, voting for an incumbent is hard enough to sell, but dying for him? Jeez. The dude had a machine gun and a sword, just run?

I didn't think anything could make that scene funnier, but holy poo poo you're right.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Well at least you guys aren't arguing, that's a plus. Nightwing FTW

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Error 404 posted:

Get those guys some wigs or something at least. Haha.

How soon we forget the brave sacrifice of Rasta Catering Dude

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

How soon we forget the brave sacrifice of Rasta Catering Dude

I stand corrected, they need a greater variety of wigs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I just watched the 'Making Of' video and it turns out they actually had a whole bunch of different stunt guys in that scene but they all looked almost exactly the same from the angle they were shot on.

Also at one point the Senator tries to leave the banquet hall and was stopped by two dudes with guns:

They never appear ever again and their presence is never explained.

The 'Making Of' video also goes on about FX during their version of the classic scene where the swordsman makes his stroke and as he's walking away his victim's head falls off in the background. At first they tried to achieve that practically with a dummy body and a fake head but they didn't weigh down the dummy head (plus it was a small woman's dummy head) so it bounced around like a volleyball and looked totally unrealistic. They decided on the fly that they'd "fix it in post" and the digital FX dude (who is also the co-writer and producer and star) apparently had a LOT of trouble achieving the shot .... and then they run Deathstroke's dialogue over the top of that exact moment so he pulled focus in the shot and the audience totally misses the Senator's head falling off anyway. :v:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I kinda love that at least twice the actor playing Deathstroke had to readjust his mask in the middle of a fight.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Like most fan films, the major failure here is they shot what "looked cool" over what created an interesting and cohesive plot.

If I had kickstarted that, I'd be hoping to get my money back.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tuxedo Jack posted:

Like most fan films, the major failure here is they shot what "looked cool" over what created an interesting and cohesive plot.

If I had kickstarted that, I'd be hoping to get my money back.

I've never understood the point of superhero fan films. It always seems like a waste of time, money and effort.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

muscles like this? posted:

I've never understood the point of superhero fan films. It always seems like a waste of time, money and effort.

People waste time, money, and effort all the time. It's called a hobby.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

The 2nd episode of AoS was pretty great too. Some nice moments in it. Next episode looks pretty dope too.

I'm struggling to care about Gotham. Its just not compelling in any way.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Its weird, I know Gotham isn't good, but I'm still making a point to watch.

Though I saw one episode of Arrow before AoS on CTV last week, and I want to watch more. It really feels like the DCU tv show. I could see them having Green Lantern or Aquaman stuff in it at some point. Yea just from one episode, but that episode featured Ras Al Gual, Deathstroke, Black Canary, and the Flash as mentioned or actually shown. Wish I had watched it from the start.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

irlZaphod posted:

I'm struggling to care about Gotham. Its just not compelling in any way.
I've already given up.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Still holds up pretty well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbGM2ap-1bY

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dead End I'm guessing?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Dead End I'm guessing?
Yep. Couldn't get it to embed on my iPad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dead End is sad because the Joker killed himself.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

redbackground posted:

I've already given up.
I'll stick with it because, hey, Agents of SHIELD got really good, and it started way worse than Gotham has. I'm not sure whether it's the focus on Batman's villains that's putting me off, or that the GCPD stuff isn't great, or some combination of both.

That reminds me, I need to re-watch Arrow and catch up on it, because apparently that got good too.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Arrow was good from the start :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Arrow is the show Agents of SHIELD wishes it could be but with half the budget.