Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Sometimes science is more art than science.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Pick posted:

Stop-motion animation is animation :arghfist::saddowns:!

I loved the look of Frankenhole, really neat stuff going on there. The plots got a bit convoluted however.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

But recently the Harvard-Smithsonian Center did something about it: It held a debate — pro and con — and let the audience vote. The result: “Pluto IS a planet.”

:rolleye:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

prefect posted:

But recently the Harvard-Smithsonian Center did something about it: It held a debate — pro and con — and let the audience vote. The result: “Pluto IS a planet.”

:rolleye:

The audience:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

I loved the look of Frankenhole, really neat stuff going on there. The plots got a bit convoluted however.

I adored the premise and animation style of FrankenHole, but I felt the writing wasn't up to the same quality. Anyway!

Artist

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I had never watched a full episode of that until today, and didn't really know what it was about...the premise and general story arc of the first episode reminds me of "Franken Fran"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Jut got the blu ray. The Good Morty owns. Digging through the special features now.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
Is there commentary? I bet the commentary on this would be great, even if they got off topic

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

There is commentary. So far, the pilot stays on track, but I'm excited to see them veer off into drunken nonsense.

The BHS is just about the weirdest thing I've seen today.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
For some reason my amazon preorder from August says "preparing for shipment" and due today by 8PM. Um...wtf.

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Do you live near an Amazon warehouse or distribution center? Amazon warehouses have been known to stock items that local customers are likely to order online in order to cut down on shipping times and costs. Odds are good your copy has been sitting in the local distribution center for weeks now.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Waltzing Along posted:

For some reason my amazon preorder from August says "preparing for shipment" and due today by 8PM. Um...wtf.

Mine said the same thing, but I got it in at like 1pm. Be on the look out.

Also, the thing was barely packaged. I'm surprised it ended up intact at all.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I checked and my CC was charged yesterday so it should be fine. Probably in the next hour or so.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I got mine, and ripped it open to see if the comic was autographed, I didn't get lucky :(

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So Amazon screwed up my order or something. I won't get it till Thursday. Probably hosed on the Morty comic now.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

No signed comic here, either. Comic still owns, though. Show owns, DVD owns. Can't wait to start listening to commentaries tonight.

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

Yeah, The Good Morty comic was funny, I haven't got around to watching any episodes with commentary yet, but I did watch the behind the scenes and... yeah :magical:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I should have my copy tonight. I would have had it yesterday, but the USPS guy on Tuesdays for my apartment complex is utter poo poo and was still sorting out the mail at 5:30pm when I got home from work. For some reason the idea of dropping all the packages off at the office first hadn't occurred to him like it would for everyone else, and no I can't just look for it in the bin thing that holds all the mail even though that's probably it right there.

The fact he always works Tuesdays and most media things come out on Tuesday is annoying, especially since Amazon has been favoring USPS over UPS lately for me. Sometimes he forgets whole bins at the post office or puts things in the wrong mail box. The other mail carrier is great though.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Got mine yesterday, not signed

masteraero
Jun 2, 2013

Steven, are you telling LIES?
Quick question for those that redeemed their digital UltraViolet copy. Is anybody else missing the episode Rick Potion #9 in their digital library? The episode title and summary are listed there, but there is no way to watch or download the episode.

While I hate the fact that they decided to go with UltraViolet's streaming DRM bullshit for the free digital edition pack-in, the episode summaries almost make up for it. Almost.

quote:

Lawnmower Dog
Rick helps Jerry out with the dog, broh. Don't even trip about this episode, because they also incept Goldenfold. (Guest starring Rob Paulsen and Jess Harnell)

Rick Potion #9
Rick helps Morty win over the girl of his dreams in this one, broh. Fist bump me, broh.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

masteraero posted:

Quick question for those that redeemed their digital UltraViolet copy. Is anybody else missing the episode Rick Potion #9 in their digital library? The episode title and summary are listed there, but there is no way to watch or download the episode.

While I hate the fact that they decided to go with UltraViolet's streaming DRM bullshit for the free digital edition pack-in, the episode summaries almost make up for it. Almost.

Those are just the iTunes summaries. I remember because of the baffling overuse of "broh".

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah those are the episode summaries for any digital edition of the show. I already had it on Amazon so I guess I'm the sucker who bought it twice.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
The Good Morty comic is especially hilarious because I recently had one of those Good Christian comics left at my door and it is dead on for the tone of that thing.

Mine was also not signed :geno:

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Mines apparently coming Tuesday, October 21, 2014. Living outside America owns.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No autograph.

BTS bit was...uh. That host should be killed.

photo kiosk of life
Aug 31, 2004

Not the best role model.
Picked up the last Blu Ray copy at the local Best Buy, no autograph either.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

masteraero posted:

Same issue with Rick Potion #9 for me as well.

My copy was also not signed.

Mastering of the blu-ray seems to be a bit off. The overall black level is elevated which gives it an ever so slightly washed out look. Other than that though, it looks great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

photo kiosk of life posted:

Picked up the last Blu Ray copy at the local Best Buy, no autograph either.

From what I gathered, if you didn't order it off of amazon the moment it went on sale, you probably wouldn't be able to get the autograph.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

CelticPredator posted:

From what I gathered, if you didn't order it off of amazon the moment it went on sale, you probably wouldn't be able to get the autograph.

I had my pre-order the day it went on sale, so doubt that adds to it. 250 signed copies isn't a lot.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Waltzing Along posted:

No autograph.

BTS bit was...uh. That host should be killed.

The host was the funniest part to me, because of how terrible he was.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Was anyone elses wrapped strange? Mine was only 75% covered w/ plastic. The back had a large oval that was uncovered.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Waltzing Along posted:

Was anyone elses wrapped strange? Mine was only 75% covered w/ plastic. The back had a large oval that was uncovered.

I've been going to walmart and cracking open all the copies looking for that autographed comic, sorry

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
The commentaries are pretty amazing, though they keep referring to having to re-record because Roiland was "too drunk" on the first take. I want to hear those!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"Get in those guttttsssss."

The reaction to that was priceless.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

masteraero posted:

Is anybody else missing the episode Rick Potion #9 in their digital library? The episode title and summary are listed there, but there is no way to watch or download the episode.

If you contact Flixster's support, they had it fixed for me in about 2 hours.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Curse you King Flippynips! drat you to Plutonian Hell!

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Commentaries:

The ONLY other thing I've watched episode commentaries for before this was Invader Zim, so there may be a gap in what I was expecting based on that and what is the norm. There was a lot of great content in the commentary, but I kept hoping for more pointing out of little missable details, and more behind-the-scenes chat, and less... I dunno... random rapping? As funny as that was. A lot of things I was really looking forward to comments on were totally glossed over, while instead the things that got fixated on were boring or incidental. "Look at Summer's rear end!" came up like four times, too, which was weird.

Guest commentaries had promise, but were ruined because nobody from the show sat in with them. All of the time there was spent with the guests saying "Why are we here?" or "Man it would be cool to know the answer to this question but none of us know so let's talk about Futurama instead."

Overall I enjoyed the commentary tracks but they weren't all I was hoping for.

E: At one point they were even about to discuss the origin of a recurring background character, but then apatheticly gave up with "Nah, I don't want to get into that."

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 14, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I dunno, I think these are the best commentaries since Invader Zim. Cut out bits withstanding. These commentaries were probably what Zim's would've been like had the DVD not been associated with Nickelodeon.
I don't know why you guys expected real information here. That BTS video is about what I expected, and it was pretty amazing.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The tracks are funny, but yeah, I would have liked more information and less "This is a 22 minute episode of Harmontown podcast". Learning about when stuff had to be dialed back or changed or fights over what joke to use was interesting, I would have loved more of it.

Listening to the menu music is great, all the songs from the show basically loop with no other audio over it. Ahhhh yeah, full flu rap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

AxeManiac posted:

Ahhhh yeah, full flu rap.

The flu rap was my favorite thing in the entire series so far. That and The Rick Dance.

• Locked thread