Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

Sithsaber posted:

2. I have plans for her. :) If I ever did a fanfic I'd start it towards the end of book 1.
That's gross. You're gross. Please stop posting gross things about this TV-Y7 show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MrAristocrates posted:

Don't argue with Sithsaber, guys. This is what he does.

Don't report him, either. This is the Korra thread, the Mods have forsaken us.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

AmiYumi posted:

That's gross. You're gross. Please stop posting gross things about this TV-Y7 show.

Wut?

Ps. Murder suicide child soldier genocide = TV-Y7

PPS. No, no I wasn't going where you pervertedly think I'm going.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

MrAristocrates posted:

MrAristocrates posted:

Don't argue with Sithsaber, guys. This is what he does.

Don't report him, either. This is the Korra thread, the Mods have forsaken us.

I was wondering if I was the only one that remembered who Sithsaber is or not, good to see I'm not alone.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Were you the guy in the at thread who demanded that we stick to talking about storyboard artists? Have some pointless fanart to put your mind at rest.

http://rebloggy.com/post/my-art-legend-of-korra-spirits-jinora-lok-fanart-the-guide-book-2-spirits-older/66727044394
;)

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 5, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the gently caress happened to this thread while I wasn't looking?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

ImpAtom posted:

We were bitching when someone said they were glad that we had no control over episodes. We then bitched harder and I shared what I would have liked the show to explore. This brought out those who really don't like me.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Korra thread, whatcha gonna do? :shrug:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
At least I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the show deserves better than this.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Oct 5, 2014

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

X_Toad posted:

With Tenzin's family. He's on Ikki's shoulder during Raiko's speech and next to Jinora at the diner table on Air Temple Island.

I wonder why Pabu had to stay behind? He's not exactly hard to transport like Naga.

And if it makes anyone feel better, this is the last lovely Korra thread ever? :shobon:

Sato fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 5, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Sato posted:

I wonder why Pabu had to stay behind? He's not exactly hard to transport like Naga.

It's Bolin's time to grow up.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Sato posted:

Pabu was too principled too cross the aisle during family feud. Took up with a third party instead.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
It's cool to come into the Avatar: Legend of Korra on Nickelodeon thread and watch dudes do sick as hell riffs on Evangelion and how it's "basically trash, derivative, for weebs who think they're smart" and then go on to post their complex theories about which gay marxist principle they think they spotted on Nick

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh god don't tell me people actually like Evangelion.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

BrianWilly posted:

I've only watched two of the movies. Supposedly the anime was filled with filler arcs but the movies are comparable to FMAB in quality... Okay I just like robots and cool looking angel kaiju.

Korra missed opportunity #133: the spiritzord battle could have been cooler. Maybe trippy colors could have rippled through the atmosphere as the city got bluer or redder depending on who was winning.

Sithsaber fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Oct 5, 2014

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

it's better than korra

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sato posted:

Guessing same reason Bolin changed his hair.

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW

BrianWilly posted:

Ahahahaha GBS is so cool.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

hangedman1984 posted:

Korra thread, whatcha gonna do? :shrug:

Legend of Korra Book 4.44 This Is (Not) A Good Thread.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

PupsOfWar posted:

Pabu was too principled too cross the aisle during family feud. Took up with a third party instead.

Best explanation, hands down.

Seriously, can't believe the other answers didn't occur to me.

BrianWilly posted:

Evangelion is really awesome when you're an angsty preteen. Everything afterward is pure nostalgia and awesome robot battles.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Sato posted:

Best explanation, hands down.

Seriously, can't believe the other answers didn't occur to me.

Evangelion is really awesome when you're an angsty preteen. Everything afterward is pure nostalgia and awesome robot battles.

:colbert:

I'm wondering if the next episode (or the one after) will go into how the rest of the cast has gotten to where they are at the start of the season. Granted, the only one that really sticks out is Bolin deciding to come under Kuvira's wing, but it is nice to see Asami not having life take a crap on her at the start of this season.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
You guys convinced me to watch the third movie. I have no idea what's going on but at least shapeshifting mechas are blowing up and crashing down onto the seas made blood. WW2 battleships can also levitate.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

:colbert:

I'm wondering if the next episode (or the one after) will go into how the rest of the cast has gotten to where they are at the start of the season. Granted, the only one that really sticks out is Bolin deciding to come under Kuvira's wing, but it is nice to see Asami not having life take a crap on her at the start of this season.

:allears:

I'd really like the next episode to just be Korra. I think the journey she's been on though the past three years is worthy of its own episode and will be more affecting on its own. I think that if we see flashbacks of the other three they'll be sprinkled throughout the remaining episodes rather than have their own episode--at least I hope. The only backstory besides Korra that actually seems interesting is Bolin's and the Metal Clan's and I don't think that's enough to fill an episode, especially when the final season is only 13 episodes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sato posted:

It really is the Catcher in the Rye of anime

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

It's a good show in the sense that it's well made and interesting from an artistic perspective. It's not really a pleasant show and I don't really want to watch it again, but it's still a good show

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Sithsaber posted:

You guys convinced me to watch the third movie. I have no idea what's going on but at least shapeshifting mechas are blowing up and crashing down onto the seas made blood. WW2 battleships can also levitate.

I skimmed this and thought I had missed an episode of Korra somewhere.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

icantfindaname posted:

It's a good show in the sense that it's well made and interesting from an artistic perspective. It's not really a pleasant show and I don't really want to watch it again, but it's still a good show

Wait, do you mean Korra or EVA? ... though actually, thinking about it, it kind of applies to both.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Sato posted:

:allears:

I'd really like the next episode to just be Korra. I think the journey she's been on though the past three years is worthy of its own episode and will be more affecting on its own.
I think the next episode will begin with the book 4 preview from earlier, where the group saw her leaving Republic City, and the rest of the episode will follow Korra.

Jackard fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Oct 5, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DrSunshine posted:

Wait, do you mean Korra or EVA? ... though actually, thinking about it, it kind of applies to both.
I mean if you are talking about seasons 1 & 2 (sans the Wan Two Parter) sure, but I would probably gladly rewatch season 3 with no regrets/discomfort, hopefully it will be the case for this season too.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, I think the next episode will be all about Korra too. If they can do it for Appa they can do it for Korra.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Sato posted:

Yeah, I think the next episode will be all about Korra too. If they can do it for Appa they can do it for Korra.

We cared about the Appa episode because we couldn't bear the thought of him getting kicked in the ribs. (Bosco RIP) We care about the Korra backflash because it's real entertaining when she gets kicked.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Has there been any word as to whether we'll find out what happened to Toph and/or the father of her daughters?

Huan (is that the one you were talking about?) does look like Sokka, although Sokka does not strike me as a deadbeat-dad kind of guy.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Sato posted:

The early comparison to Seinfeld is pretty spot-on. Or The Matrix. It's not about how old you were seeing it exactly, but how novel it was to most people who saw it before everything else had copied it to death.

icantfindaname posted:

There's also this. It's interesting more than it is fun, even past the novelty in its day. The movies really are more approachable though.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Small White Dragon posted:

Has there been any word as to whether we'll find out what happened to Toph and/or the father of her daughters?

Huan (is that the one you were talking about?) does look like Sokka, although Sokka does not strike me as a deadbeat-dad kind of guy.

I'm guessing that they'll save it for the comics.

Wasted Opportunity #139:

Cockteasing us with comics. I get why you did it, and I get that you originally wanted a tv special but drat would I have preferred the season 2 tease that was supposed to give us gaang backstory. The sibling bickering would have worked better if we got a flashback.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Killer robot posted:

The early comparison to Seinfeld is pretty spot-on. Or The Matrix. It's not about how old you were seeing it exactly, but how novel it was to most people who saw it before everything else had copied it to death.

There's also this. It's interesting more than it is fun, even past the novelty in its day. The movies really are more approachable though.

Wait, is Attack on Titan just a grimdark retelling of Evangelion set in the middle ages?

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Sithsaber posted:

We cared about the Appa episode because we couldn't bear the thought of him getting kicked in the ribs. (Bosco RIP) We care about the Korra backflash because it's real entertaining when she gets kicked.

Hey, I like Korra. :colbert:

Small White Dragon posted:

Korra does run into Toph in the trailer, so my guess is yes on her at least.

Killer robot posted:

I can definitely see that, and agree to a point, but I saw it in 2002-2003 or so after watching a show that had Evangelion references and was completely blown away. I like the comment of that person who said it's the Catcher in the Rye of anime.

I actually haven't seen the original movies. I haven't even seen the final movie of the reboot series. From what I've seen though I agree.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sithsaber posted:

Wait, is Attack on Titan just a grimdark retelling of Evangelion set in the middle ages?

Eric is motivated primarily by hatred, spite, and vengeance. I don't recall Eric having any breakdowns or loss of motivation that Shinji had iirc. Its been yonks.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Good lord, why does that awful mummified fanart still show up as official art on Google?

E. Who the gently caress is Eric?

Jackard fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 5, 2014

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Sato posted:

Hey, I like Korra. :colbert:

Korra does run into Toph in the trailer, so my guess is yes on her at least.

I can definitely see that, and agree to a point, but I saw it in 2002-2003 or so after watching a show that had Evangelion references and was completely blown away. I like the comment of that person who said it's the Catcher in the Rye of anime.

I actually haven't seen the original movies. I haven't even seen the final movie of the reboot series. From what I've seen though I agree.

The final movie hasn't come out yet. Should I go back and watch the anime or should I avoid it and rely on the superior reboot? (I only saw one episode of FMA before I binge watched FMAB) Is it true that the old movies already retconned the first ending? Can I watch things out of order and rely on dbz boom-pow/ oooh_aaaah retard continuity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

(I only saw one episode of FMA before I binge watched FMAB)

Bah, there are so many things in the early episodes that FMA does better than FMAB. I hate how FMAB glossed over/rushed past a lot of the early plot points. (But, FMAB eventually did become really drat good, once the two series diverged.)

• Locked thread