Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What is the general consensus on Requiem overhaul? I'm liking it so far since it reminds me of Obscuro's overhaul, but curious what other people think of it if they tried it, or if it's considered to be one of the less good overhaul mods.

A lot of people pass it by due to pretentious MY IMMERSION:qq: explanations and implementation of some stuff (looking at you, skill descriptions). My problem is that there's all kinds of behind-the-scenes scripting when it comes to character stats and combat. I'm hesitant to try anything that's too script heavy when it comes to combat. It just seems like most of the time the combat will either happen faster than the scripts can process, or something will just straight up break. As always though, YMMV. Hell, if you're keen on keeping a look out for any kind of problems, post a trip report at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008

LoonShia posted:

My goodness yes. I'm not even using it anymore, after I dropped to 5 FPS the first time I went there.

OP: Could you put these excellent house mods in the OP?

It would really be a shame if it's not practically useable because of this, because the automatic sorting and storage is fantastic.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I prefer Leaf Rest for automatic sorting.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Requiem does an "ok" job at trying to make the game harder, but is actually really goddamn terrible at making it more fun. Having everything one-shot you is not fun.

Anyway, I found this mod that removes the activation prompts from most items.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

As for overhauls, I'm trying SkyRe for the second time and it's much better than my previous experience. I didn't have DLC or the reproccer before so I have a feeling I had messed up the install before, but it was just terribly balanced the first time I tried it, and now it actually feels pretty good. I'd prefer to play with SPERG but it doesn't fix some things that bugged me a lot (ex: stamina being completely meaningless as long as you've got a supply of vegetable soup). Only about 10 levels in so far but it feels like a good mix of faster, realistic combat without being bullshit.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

k-spar posted:

As for overhauls, I'm trying SkyRe for the second time and it's much better than my previous experience. I didn't have DLC or the reproccer before so I have a feeling I had messed up the install before, but it was just terribly balanced the first time I tried it, and now it actually feels pretty good. I'd prefer to play with SPERG but it doesn't fix some things that bugged me a lot (ex: stamina being completely meaningless as long as you've got a supply of vegetable soup). Only about 10 levels in so far but it feels like a good mix of faster, realistic combat without being bullshit.

I really feel like the guy nailed the feeling of you being a pure archer or mage meaning you need to run the gently caress away from melee fights. I also really like the different branches in the skills for every type of weapon giving all of them a unique feel beyond speed and damage relative to that speed.

As far as the Dragonborn Gallery safehouse, I only get minor stuttering in there but I'm also using standard textures, no ENB, ENBoost, and the SKSE performance ini.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008

FadedReality posted:

I really feel like the guy nailed the feeling of you being a pure archer or mage meaning you need to run the gently caress away from melee fights. I also really like the different branches in the skills for every type of weapon giving all of them a unique feel beyond speed and damage relative to that speed.

As far as the Dragonborn Gallery safehouse, I only get minor stuttering in there but I'm also using standard textures, no ENB, ENBoost, and the SKSE performance ini.

What performance ini would that be?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Solarflare posted:

What performance ini would that be?

As long as you're using the most current version of SKSE, just add this to your skse.ini:

code:
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256
If you don't have a skse.ini, make one in %gamepath%/Skyrim/Data/SKSE

e: For the ReProccer compatibility patches, are you supposed to disable the mods that have patches when running ReProccer? I did so and noticed at least one piece of armor in Immersive Armors, the Orcish Masked Helm, had an unaltered amount of armor. However when I don't disable them, ReProccer fixes things like Orcish Masked Helm but also fucks up all the smithing recipes for Immersive Armors. I realized this after trying to upgrade a Witchsteel Cuirass , a heavy armor, and finding that I needed one of the light armor perks to do it.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 5, 2014

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I think the main thing stopping me from trying SkyRe is it seems like it uses base weapons/armor/spells but edited. I think the armory in base Skyrim is pitifully low.

Is there a guide or something or list of spells and armor somewhere? I can't find a hard list of "these are the things included".

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What is the general consensus on Requiem overhaul? I'm liking it so far since it reminds me of Obscuro's overhaul, but curious what other people think of it if they tried it, or if it's considered to be one of the less good overhaul mods.

It's the type of mod that you have to try for yourself, you'll either like it or hate it. Even more unlikely you'll fit somewhere in the middle which is where I sit.

I like a lot of things it does (or tries to do); but there's a lot of really obscure and obtuse little changes that you would have no idea about without delving into a readme, changelog or manual (all of the above) that irritate me. The main things that turn me off are (in order)
  • The perk tree's are well done, but SkyRe has spoiled me with the plethora of options and the fact you can (and have to) truly roleplay a character. Just not enough perk options.
  • Piggy backing off the above, the magick is pretty boring, not much different than vanilla.
  • You are kind of forced to play certain play styles, you absolutely cannot 'roleplay' within specific character styles (e.g. want to play a pure dagger thief? gently caress you).
  • It tries to implement a lot of old school gameplay mechanics, a lot of which are largely cool, but it fails utterly at what it's trying to be because where the old school RPG's could and did explain obscure game mechanics in-game, a lot of the Requiem game mechanics are utterly unknown to the player unless you read through gigantic manuals and changelogs. It's ironically completely immersion breaking, and while I played enough Requiem to learn all the stupid little obscurities by heart, it still irritates me enough to not want to play it.

All that being said if they ever get around to doing a proper magick and/or perk focused patch, I'd totally be doing another playthrough or two with it.

As it is, SkyRe (and several other mods) have won my heart.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
So I read the massive guide for SkyRe, and it seems okay. I am kind of bummed out that Restoration is for more like Necromancy than even Conjuration. Diseases, Curses, that sort of thing. I was hoping for more "holy" stuff. Alteration's weapon boosts look cool.

I'm hesitant to tear down my load order and mess around with it, though. It really sounds like the type of thing that needs a fresh install.

Edit: Does Apocalypse have a SkyRe patch?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Oct 5, 2014

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

FadedReality posted:

e: For the ReProccer compatibility patches, are you supposed to disable the mods that have patches when running ReProccer? I did so and noticed at least one piece of armor in Immersive Armors, the Orcish Masked Helm, had an unaltered amount of armor. However when I don't disable them, ReProccer fixes things like Orcish Masked Helm but also fucks up all the smithing recipes for Immersive Armors. I realized this after trying to upgrade a Witchsteel Cuirass , a heavy armor, and finding that I needed one of the light armor perks to do it.

I too would love a good explanation on how to use this, I've been following this video's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA53tMrPjMQ) advice and so far in general it works but there are certain items which seem off, specifically within the immersive armors, weapons or frostfall item lists. I also seem to have multiple crafting recipes for some things (through frostfall crafting and normal).

I just wish it wasn't such a pain in the rear end to set up, otherwise I'd like skyre a lot more.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Yeah, I'm going to take the plunge. As long as I can get Frostfall and maybe Immersive Armor & Weapons to work, I'll give it a go. Jaysus Swords is also really nice, I've found.

Apocalypse has a patch, too. I swear I spend more time adding/testing/stressing about Elder Scrolls games than playing them.

Edit: I was also using SPERG, which is just awesome. Gonna be sad to see it go, as on the whole, I do like the SPERG perks better than SkyRe.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
If you use (or want to use) SkyRe, use these collections of patches , they're the most up-to-date and have current reproccer settings for most mods etc. etc.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48629/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50343/

Also, you shouldn't be checking or unchecking mods for Reproccer. Just
  • Check .esp's you want, as normal
  • Run Loot, as normal
  • Run Reproccer
  • Check the Reproccer .esp's if they are not
  • Play!

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Trip Report: Installed SkyRe and a bunch of stuff. Playing on Adept. Wolf outside of Riverwood kills me in two hits.

What?

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Anyone around here have an opinion on Wintermyst?

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Firstborn posted:

Trip Report: Installed SkyRe and a bunch of stuff. Playing on Adept. Wolf outside of Riverwood kills me in two hits.

What?

That's normal. Combat is fairly deadly. Armor and stamina matters a lot. Like if you want to stride o'er the land, laying waste to all you see with sword and shield, then you'd better get into some heavy armor, stat. Also your completely crap stamina and lack of perks regarding power attacks means you should stick to regular attacks for quite a while. Also also, I've said this before, but if you want to specialize (or maybe even be good at) more than one thing, you'll probably want something like 1.25 to 1.5 perks per level.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Buried alive posted:

That's normal. Combat is fairly deadly. Armor and stamina matters a lot. Like if you want to stride o'er the land, laying waste to all you see with sword and shield, then you'd better get into some heavy armor, stat. Also your completely crap stamina and lack of perks regarding power attacks means you should stick to regular attacks for quite a while. Also also, I've said this before, but if you want to specialize (or maybe even be good at) more than one thing, you'll probably want something like 1.25 to 1.5 perks per level.

Yeah, I guess things are just fairly badass at the start. I went into that cave near Riverwood, and the bandits went down in like 1-2 good swings when I could land them (the mage there is a jerk, though). I'm using OBIS, too, so there's that. It feels really good to kill Bandits in how many hits it takes to kill me. SkyRe makes potions really loving weak at the start, though. It's like 7 HP over 3 seconds...

How do I do 1.5 perks a level? I suck at the CK, I actually just straight up deleted it.

I like the idea that the NPCs start with 100 health and then level appropriately. I love OBIS, but Bandit Chiefs were loving crazy. Getting cinematic finishers on me from like half-health when I obliterate all of their guards.

I'm running like Immersive Armor, OBIS, Frostfall + Realistic Needs, and then just like Climates of Tamriel, some hair/face/body mods, and the like.

Do you recommend any other mods for a gnarly experience?

I also saw that the author does not want to publish a "level zone" sort of thing, so I'm really unsure of what he considers to be suitable for low level characters.

Edit:

;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of perks gained, set by the Uncapper, at each level up
;Default value = 0
bUsePerksAtLevelUp=1

This is in SKYSE_Elys_Uncapper, so is this:

[PerksAtLevelUp]
;Set the number of perks gained at each level up. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.
;Default game value is one perk per level (you can also use float as value, for example 1.25 per points per level)
; Level (2..10000) = Perks (0..255)
;
;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 1 perk per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 2 perks per level at and from level 10 to 29,
; then 4 perks per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no perk at all per level for level 95 and above
;
;2=1
;10=2
;30=4
;95=0
2=1.4
3=1.2

I have no idea what it means, or even if this is the right ini.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 5, 2014

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Emong posted:

Anyone around here have an opinion on Wintermyst?

It's an EnaiSiaion mod, bound to be decent just by that nature alone.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Firstborn posted:

;Enable(1) or Disable(0) the number of perks gained, set by the Uncapper, at each level up
;Default value = 0
bUsePerksAtLevelUp=1

This is in SKYSE_Elys_Uncapper, so is this:

[PerksAtLevelUp]
;Set the number of perks gained at each level up. If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.
;Default game value is one perk per level (you can also use float as value, for example 1.25 per points per level)
;
;In the following inactive commented example the player will gain 1 perk per level at and from level 2 to 9, then 2 perks per level at and from level 10 to 29,
; then 4 perks per level at and from level 30 to 94, then no perk at all per level for level 95 and above
;
;2=1
;10=2
;30=4
;95=0
2=1.4
3=1.2

It means at level 2 you'll get 1.4 perks (so 1 perk), and level 3 and beyond you'll get 1.2 perks per level.

So it'll look like this
Level -- Perks
2 -- 1
3 -- 1
4 -- 1
5 -- 2
6 -- 1

Basically an extra perk every 5 levels.

As to mods that go well with it, in addition to what you already have, Morrowloot 4E edition (there are patches for it somewhere).

I also love Alternate Stat System + Skyrim XP Mod. I mess with the leveling a bit though and I think I toned the default Skyrim leveling by 50% and use 200% xp gained, basically rewarding 'achievements' over 'practice'. Generally not a fan of TES leveling systems; at least by themselves.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

If you use (or want to use) SkyRe, use these collections of patches , they're the most up-to-date and have current reproccer settings for most mods etc. etc.

• Run Loot, as normal
  • Run Reproccer
  • Play!

I've done this and the one thing I'm noticing is that the light "ranger armor" seems to have crazy high armor values. Like, steel armor is around 32 (albeit I have low skill) and ranger is 91 (next closest light armor I've seen is imperial and that's 30. I'm assuming something is hosed?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Mr. Crow posted:

It means at level 2 you'll get 1.4 perks (so 1 perk), and level 3 and beyond you'll get 1.2 perks per level.

So it'll look like this
Level -- Perks
2 -- 1
3 -- 1
4 -- 1
5 -- 2
6 -- 1

Basically an extra perk every 5 levels.

As to mods that go well with it, in addition to what you already have, Morrowloot 4E edition (there are patches for it somewhere).

I also love Alternate Stat System + Skyrim XP Mod. I mess with the leveling a bit though and I think I toned the default Skyrim leveling by 50% and use 200% xp gained, basically rewarding 'achievements' over 'practice'. Generally not a fan of TES leveling systems; at least by themselves.

So how would I change it to get the 1.5 perks as suggested? I'm confused.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Mr. Crow posted:

• Run Loot, as normal
  • Run Reproccer
  • Play!

I dug around and it seems like the issue is that Immersive Armors has both Witchplate armor and Spellbinder armor set to require the Advanced Armors perk to craft. As the smithing tree in SkyRe is changed to have a light half and heavy half, this causes the problem of having to go three deep into the light armor side to make an almost ebony tier heavy armor. The compatibility patches don't fix this.

Would it be best to post about this on the compatibility patches mod's page?

Firstborn posted:

In this part of your previous post:

;
;2=1
;10=2
;30=4
;95=0
2=1.4
3=1.2

You would change the numbers below the semicolons. The semicolon area is just showing the example. That formula is showing at level 2 grant 1.4 perks, then at 3 grant 1.2 perks, and so on. In the example, they're showing how you could set level ranges by specifying which level you want your new amount of perks per level to start.

FadedReality fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 5, 2014

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Firstborn posted:

I am going to give you a quick answer, then I am going to try and explain what's going on so that you can have some idea of how flexible the uncapper is.

Firstborn posted:

Do you recommend any other mods for a gnarly experience?

;Default value = 0
bUsePerksAtLevelUp=1

[PerksAtLevelUp]
;
;
;2=1
;10=2
;30=4
;95=0
2=1.4
3=1.2

Okay, gnarly experience: Anything else that adds to monster diversity. I'm running around with the Skyrim monster mo mod and the latest version of monster wars. It's lore-breaking and sometimes immersion-breaking as hell, but I don't really care. Problems I encountered: Abominations were invisible. Fixed by using a revert .esp to make them werewolves again. Ogres are bullshit in that they have an attack that comes out instantly. On the plus side if you add in a touch of Asis you'll occasionally wind up with stuff like a 3-way battle between drakes, werewolves and whatever human forces happen to be wandering around. There's also a couple of dragon overhaul mods floating around out there which makes fighting dragons way more exciting. I don't remember which is which, so I can't say more, but I do remember at one point seeing a hawk's shadow and going "OH gently caress DRAG-oh..nevermind.." Also I remember fighting a bear on a mountain when I heard a whoosh and my view shook a little bit. My thought was, "That's weird, how did a bear do that?" Then I actually saw the dragon. I never had either of those experiences in vanilla.

Perks at level up: That is at least the right .ini section. Be aware that SkyRe has its own uncapper .ini file which will overwrite the normal uncapper .ini file. That is how it's supposed to work, so if you want to change this, change it in SkyRe's uncapper .ini file. In order to do what I'm suggesting, just have a line that reads "2=1.5" below anything with a semicolon and nothing else in that section.

What's going on:
Anything with a semicolon is a comment for the user and is ignored by the game. That first setting 'bUsePerksatLevelup' has its explanation right above it. Basically that setting controls whether or not the uncapper will even bother messing around with the amount of perks you get at level up. 0 means no, 1 means yes.

That second section governs perk behavior. The comment is telling you that whatever level you modify perks at is where the modification sticks. So if you only have a setting at level 2, whenever you go up to level 3, 4 and so on, the game will look for the lowest level you've set (in this case, level 2) to see how many perks you get per level. If you want to, this let's you modify how many perks you get over time. For example, you could do something like:
2=2
10=1

Which gives 2 perks per level starting at level 2, then gives 1 perk per level starting at level 10. You might do this if you really wanted to, say, frontload your character with some power, then enjoy a longer mid-game. Basically the general form is
At this character level, and all others after it unless otherwise specified = give me this many perk points per level.

Here's a little bit more to show you just what you can do. Again, this is all in SkyRe's .ini. If you're not using anything that overwrites the uncapper .ini (fat chance, as both SkyRe and SPERG do this) then you'd just make these edits in the uncapper's .ini itself.

A segment of my uncapper settings posted:

[SkillExpGainMults]
; Set the Skill Experience Gained Multiplier to
; betwen 0.0 and 10000.0
; Using too low or too high values may crash the game. Handle them with caution.
; Default game value = 1.0
;(Setting bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel to 1, will use Character Level instead of Base Skill Level for the subsections)

fAlchemy=10.0
Ignore the LevelNotBaseSkillLevel for now. What this section does is basically control how fast skills level up. The default rate is 1. As you can see, I've set alchemy to level at 10 times the normal rate, because I find grinding out potions to be not fun. Owing to the way SkyRe works, my potions are still crap without perk investment. Even with perk investment, I would need to go out and find the stuff to actually make potions with. Basically, since making a potion is 100% successful, that's not where the fun is. The fun is mostly in finding the stuff you need and also a little bit in using perks to make stuff stronger. You might notice that this is just a name = number format instead of a number = number format. That means there's no way to change the rates over time as skills hit different levels. Which brings us to the next section.

Another segment of my uncapper settings posted:

; All the subsections of SkillExpGainMults below allow to set an additional multiplier depending on the base skill level, independantly for each skill.
; The format is PlayerLevel = Multiplier. You can specify many different levels.
; If a specific level is not specified then the closest lower level setting is used.
; Default value: 1=1.0

[SkillExpGainMults\Alchemy]
1=1.0
140=0.1
So that not-being-able-to-change-the-rates-over-time thing was kind of a lie. You can change skill gains per skill level, but it's in a different section. The general thing going on here in terms of gains is skill*Base rate (set in the last section)*multiplier (set in this section). I don't want my alchemy to uber-level forever, so once it hits level 140 (the skill level needed to get all the perks) I set a multiplier of 0.1. Which means at level 140 I hit a skill gain rate of 10 (base rate) * 0.1 (multipler) which puts me back at 1.

Yet another segment of my uncapper settings posted:

[PCLevelSkillExpMults]
; Set the Skill Experience to Player's Character Experience Multipliers to
; betwen 0.0 and 10000.0
; Using too low or too high values may crash the game. Handle them with caution.
; Default game value = 1.0
; (Setting bUsePCLevelNotBaseSkillLevel to 1, will use Character Level instead of Base Skill Level for the subsections)

fAlchemy=0.05

Skyrim sometimes has problems when you overlevel non-combat skills. SkyRe seems to fix this to a certain extent, but even so if I level a bunch using a cheap skill, that might make me overpowered. This section controls how much each skill gain contributes to your next level. The default rate is 1. You'll notice I've set alchemy to 0.05. Suppose each rank of alchemy gave me 100 experience towards my next level. Thanks to that base rate above, it gives me 5 per skill rank instead. Like the skill level gains, there is a separate section that allows you to set a multiplier. I didn't do this for alchemy.

So altogether I took the grind out of alchemy until its completely leveled, then restored it to its normal state and all while making sure having a level 140 skill as a level 1 or 2 character doesn't break the game. I did the same with smithing and enchanting as well.

Buried alive fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 5, 2014

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

k-spar posted:

I've done this and the one thing I'm noticing is that the light "ranger armor" seems to have crazy high armor values. Like, steel armor is around 32 (albeit I have low skill) and ranger is 91 (next closest light armor I've seen is imperial and that's 30. I'm assuming something is hosed?

Not really sure, but Ranger is about on par with Elven so...?

FadedReality posted:

I dug around and it seems like the issue is that Immersive Armors has both Witchplate armor and Spellbinder armor set to require the Advanced Armors perk to craft. As the smithing tree in SkyRe is changed to have a light half and heavy half, this causes the problem of having to go three deep into the light armor side to make an almost ebony tier heavy armor. The compatibility patches don't fix this.

Would it be best to post about this on the compatibility patches mod's page?

Yea I'd check it on Xathra's page, they're the most active.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Thanks for the explanation! Now I just need to find SkyRe's uncapper ini. (or was that it, and it just overwrites the base uncapper ini?)

I think I want to just keep a steady 1.5 perks every level. So in order to do that, I just put 1.5 on 2.

I'm curious why you recommend changing the 1.2 -> 1.5. Is it really that significant for the average game? I noticed the 2 = 1.5, then 3 = 1.2, I'm changing it to:

2 = 1.5
3 = 1.5

Right?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 5, 2014

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Praetorian Mage posted:

So out of nowhere, Skyrim has started freezing for extended periods and causing BSODs that say KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR. I've been playing Dark Messiah for the past few days instead, and it sometimes BSODs with the same error (though far less frequently), but never freezes. I'm also trying out the first Sacred game, and that causes no problems at all. This only happens during gaming; my computer runs fine otherwise.

I haven't changed my mod setup or anything with my computer in general. I don't know what any of this stuff means, so I could use some help.

Bit of an update on this situation, in case it might be of interest to anyone with similar problems. I took the PC to a shop, and all my hardware checked out. They couldn't get it to bluescreen no matter what kind of tests they ran (and they claimed to have tested all my components over a period of 13 hours). They could only conclude that it was indeed a software issue, and since it was something they couldn't hope to pin down in any reasonable time frame, I had to go blank slate and reinstall Windows. Anyway, my question now is would it be safe to try loading my old save games, or would they be too likely to carry traces of whatever hosed things up before?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Firstborn posted:

Thanks for the explanation! Now I just need to find SkyRe's uncapper ini. (or was that it, and it just overwrites the base uncapper ini?)

I think I want to just keep a steady 1.5 perks every level. So in order to do that, I just put 1.5 on 2.

I'm curious why you recommend changing the 1.2 -> 1.5. Is it really that significant for the average game? I noticed the 2 = 1.5, then 3 = 1.2, I'm changing it to:

2 = 1.5
3 = 1.5

Right?

If you're using Mod Organizer, right click SkyRe in the left pane, click open in explorer, then go into SKSE/Plugins

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
:psyduck: I want so badly to love Wheels of Lull. The voice acting and music are awesome, but the foundry is such an uninspired example of faux-puzzle platforming that I'm probably just going to CoC out and uninstall if I can't console myself past it somehow. Is this normal for his mods?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think I managed to break skyrim for good. I've tried removing my recently added mods, I've tried reloading my save right at the beginning of the game (I don't have any of those alternate start mods installed, and I hate having to redo the escape sequence each time) but no matter what I do, every save of mine just leads to an infinite loop of loading. How boned am I, or have I managed to miss some sort of fix for this since the game came out?

EDIT: Poster below, thanks for the tip. I updated SKSE and tried that but no change. Saves still refuse to load.

It might be worth mentioning this has been an ongoing problem for a while, I've basically had one shot at playing the game a day. If it crashed for whatever reason my saves refused to load until I restarted my computer, and now it seems whatever it is has finally given up and they're not loading at all. :shrug: I guess if worse comes to worse I could just wipe everything and do a fresh install of the game and bring the mods back one by one. Or I could play morrowind.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Oct 5, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
Have you tried the SKSE memory tweak? This requires SKSE v1.7.0 or higher, so upgrade if you're using an older version. Go to \Skyrim\Data\SKSE and in skse.ini place the following:
[Memory]
DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768
ScrapHeapSizeMB=256

Create the SKSE folder and SKSE.ini file if they don't exist. See here for some more info about what those values do.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Jun 30, 2015

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Firstborn posted:

2 = 1.5
3 = 1.5

Right?

You can delete the second line entirely. If you leave it as is (2=1.5 followed by 3=1.2) then once you hit level 3 you'll only be gaining 1.2 perk points per level. The uncapper always refers to the highest level specified, so if you hit a rate at a certain level and want to leave it there, all you need is that level. Basically, this:

2=1.5
3=1.5

Is equivalent to this:

2=1.5

Also, fair warning that getting good at enchanting, especially if you go for dream cloth in the smithing tree, will let you pretty much break the game over your knee. That's kind of expected though, so whatever.

Edit: And a couple more mods, these are cosmetic. Skyrim Bigger Trees, and Relighting Skyrim. Bigger trees just makes trees really big and just gives a very "Trees :unsmith::allears:" feeling. Relighting Skyrim changes indoor and outdoor lighting to actually reflect light sources in the game. Check out the images on the mod page to see what I mean.

Buried alive fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 5, 2014

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Any mods or maybe an audio fix that removes the crackle / fizzling sound from magic items you place in your home? Every time I enter Windstad Manor I hear a short "fzzzz" from every magic item on display.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

W

Geoff Zahn posted:

Any mods or maybe an audio fix that removes the crackle / fizzling sound from magic items you place in your home? Every time I enter Windstad Manor I hear a short "fzzzz" from every magic item on display.

If you use Enchanted Arsenal, there's a "silent" option for each enchant. That might do it.

LtSmash:
I think Wintermyst breaks lootification. It ran for nearly an hour, and never got past "Generating weapon Variants."

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Reproccer is dorking my weapon/armor values. I ran the .jar because Immersive Weapons were the vanilla values, and now everything is strange. Things like Iron Gauntlets only being 7 Armor, or the Long Bow being like 9 damage. Is that supposed to be right?

Edit: Ran LOOT, ran the Reproccer again, and I think it's fixed now? I seriously have no frame of reference, now Steel Armor is like 73 armor rating, and most weapons are 18-30. I have no idea if this is the normal amounts for SkyRe. Katana are 2 points less damage than Longswords and weigh more. I'm not sure what the point of those are. Also I can make a Shellbug helmet for some reason at the Forge, and Pickaxes do as much damage as Iron Axes.

Edit2: Should Immersive Weapons and Armor be above or below SkyRe_main?

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 5, 2014

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Agents are GO! posted:

LtSmash:
I think Wintermyst breaks lootification. It ran for nearly an hour, and never got past "Generating weapon Variants."

I was able to run Lootification with Wintermyst. It's working fine; I have the items ingame and everything.

Also the enchantments are pretty cool. I like mods that just add more variety to existing stuff.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Oggumogoggum posted:

I was able to run Lootification with Wintermyst. It's working fine; I have the items ingame and everything.

Also the enchantments are pretty cool. I like mods that just add more variety to existing stuff.

Well aren't you just loving special! :p

I bet it's rrunning out of RAM. How do I increase that again?

Edit: does lootification add variants with the new enchantments, or do I need to use the Wintermyst patcher they just released?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

FadedReality posted:

I posted about this on the SkyRe compatibility patches page and one of the more active forum members pointed me to his patch. His patch renames Nordic Design back to Advanced Armors and plops it in the center of the smithing tree, which I'm not a huge fan of. I've already made a quick patch of my own to move the two sets of armor to require Orcish Smithing instead so :shrug:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Parker Lewis posted:

Would it be a bad idea to install all of the ThirteenOranges and TrainWiz quest mods at the same time? Or should I install them one by one and play through them one at a time, removing each one as I finish it?

I like the idea of adding a bunch of content to the game all at once and stumbling across new quests as I play through the game but I also don't want to destabilize my game by cramming too many quest mods in all at once, so maybe it's better to do them all individually.

I have literally crammed over 30 quest/content/dungeon mods into my game and have yet to experience a crash or major conflict, aside from a couple odd texture overlaps. ThirteenOranges and Trainwiz mods as far as I know don't conflict at all. The only one I've seen a problem with is a crash bug between Helgen Reborn and Fight Against the Thalmor II: Frontier to Cyrodiil, and that can be fixed by a simple fast travel because it's only one specific area that crashes out (save before you head to the prison, or fast travel to the Thalmor checkpoint and backtrack to the prison). The comments section in Helgen Reborn on Nexusmods has a compatibility patch but I'm not sure if it genuinely does anything or not.

The only thing you really have to pay attention to is which world cells each one affects in-game. If something starts in the same area, or drastically overhauls the same area, you might run into problems. But as I posted earlier, I have 3 mods that overhaul the same world space and somehow they manage to coexist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NiftyBottle
Jan 1, 2009

radical

Oggumogoggum posted:

Yeah, for me it just took a super long time. Watched a 45-minute video while it ran in the background, and when the video ended it was done. :shrug:

• Locked thread