Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Inverness posted:

I can't imagine Ganondorf not getting his signature trident before anything else.

If it let's him teleport around while making that weird noise from LttP, then I'm sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
The thing about Ganondorf is that, in any game he appears human in, Ganon is a giant monster that's barely humanoid. Ganondorf has never had a Ganon form that wields the trident - that's solely the domain of humanoid pig-Ganon.

So basically what I'm saying is that Humanoid Pig-Ganon needs to be a character. And have the trident.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Phantom Ganon from Ocarina of Time counts, right?

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Yuki Akuma posted:

The thing about Ganondorf is that, in any game he appears human in, Ganon is a giant monster that's barely humanoid. Ganondorf has never had a Ganon form that wields the trident - that's solely the domain of humanoid pig-Ganon.

So basically what I'm saying is that Humanoid Pig-Ganon needs to be a character. And have the trident.

That said, I'm pretty sure Gannondorf's dual swords were based on the ones pig-Ganon was wielding at the end of Ocarina of Time.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Plus he rocks the dual swords in Wind Waker.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The internet's been busy. :v:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And the internet naturally makes her white in 2/3 of them.

Second one is great.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 5, 2014

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

chumbler posted:

And the internet naturally makes her white in 2/3 of them.

"Lana...her face! It looks exactly like yours!"

I wonder if that scene was written before the character designs were finalized.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The evil=dark skin thing is more of a japan thing, its a really common trope for them.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A-Ranked Ganondorf's level 2 weapon on my first try. Man he is just too good.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flytrap posted:

I really need to find the man that decided that Zelda music needed to sound like something out of BlazBlue and shake his hand.
He actually decided that Zelda music needed to sound like Dynasty Warriors music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4KzheChan0

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Awww yisss, that's the poo poo

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

A-Ranked Ganondorf's level 2 weapon on my first try. Man he is just too good.

Gonna start getting down to business on all the level 2 ' s and 3 ' s I don't have yet later since I finally just got Ghirahim. I don't think I even have one lousy level 3 yet. What's a good stage to grind? Gonna need to get some of my guys buffed up.

Just realized Sheik is my lowest level character. :eyepop: how did that happen

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Alright what is up with the Hard Mode gold skulltula in the Temple of the Sacred Sword - the one you have to do as Fi. The description says you have to kill 2,000 enemies, discover all the ??? (sacred statues) and repel ??? (fight wizzro until he leaves the master sword room). So I did all that but no skulltula. Looking it up online I only found one guide and it says you have to do all that without using any special attacks? Is that really it? If so, how was I supposed to know that from the description?

Kissing Dad
May 27, 2004

I seem to have an issue fighting Volga when I see him. When his weak point shows up I got to attack him and then it suddenly disappears when I hit him and he goes back to normal. I can never seem to lower his weak point. Did I miss something glaringly obvious?

Game owns btw

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kissing Dad posted:

I seem to have an issue fighting Volga when I see him. When his weak point shows up I got to attack him and then it suddenly disappears when I hit him and he goes back to normal. I can never seem to lower his weak point. Did I miss something glaringly obvious?

Game owns btw

His jumping spear weak point has a very low vulnerability period. You basically need to start attacking before it appears.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Kissing Dad posted:

It's actually disappearing just before you're hitting him. It's a small window. With a lot of enemies like this, you really need to find a safe spot where you can get up next to them while they're attacking so you can already be wailing on them when the Weak Point shows up. Lizalfos' fire breath is a classic example. If you attack from the front and wait for his flames to die down, the weak point indicator will disappear before you can make contact. You need to circle around behind him during his attack to be in range to exploit his weak point.

Simplified version: Lock onto enemies and dash in circles around them as fast as you can until you see an attack being telegraphed. Get behind 'em and wait for the attack to finish, then go to town on the weak point.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

guys I have a problem I can't stop using darunia

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

guys I have a problem I can't stop using darunia

The cure is Ganondorf. Though then you will have a similar problem wherein you cannot stop using Ganondorf, and there is no cure for that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sorry, those all sound like characters who can take damage and not infinitely regenerate their SP bar whenever they want.

Prancer
Nov 17, 2011

Regy Rusty posted:

Alright what is up with the Hard Mode gold skulltula in the Temple of the Sacred Sword - the one you have to do as Fi. The description says you have to kill 2,000 enemies, discover all the ??? (sacred statues) and repel ??? (fight wizzro until he leaves the master sword room). So I did all that but no skulltula. Looking it up online I only found one guide and it says you have to do all that without using any special attacks? Is that really it? If so, how was I supposed to know that from the description?

Pretty sure I used special attacks when I got it. Did you find all three statues before anyone else did? Maybe you need 2000 kills before repelling Wizzro?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
Ganon with his big gently caress-all super mega giant black arm special clears bases so hard.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Prancer posted:

Pretty sure I used special attacks when I got it. Did you find all three statues before anyone else did? Maybe you need 2000 kills before repelling Wizzro?

I've just gotten the skulltula and yeah the problem was that Impa found the first statue back at the beginning the first time. That website I found was full of poo poo about the special attacks.

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

Rocketlex posted:

That said, I'm pretty sure Gannondorf's dual swords were based on the ones pig-Ganon was wielding at the end of Ocarina of Time.

That, plus Gerudo fencing seems to favour dual swords, as the Gerudo warriors in OoT dual wield too.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I just unlocked Zelda recently and tried out her Rapier and I am of the opinion that it feels very stiff and I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Tips?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
The trident makes sense. Also it gives him some diversity since he already has a slashy slashy weapon, and they could make the trident stabby stabby

Kaubocks posted:

I just unlocked Zelda recently and tried out her Rapier and I am of the opinion that it feels very stiff and I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Tips?

Press X. You see those orbs? Those are X ender modifiers. Essentially Zelda has two different sets of X moves depending on whether she has orbs or not. Typically the orb moveset is better but her basic X enders are pretty good too. She's not as straight forward as other characters because of this. With orbs you can burst out of any combo without doing a super by pressing an attack button, as long as you have an orb.

If you're pressed and can't risk charging in the middle of a fight, finishing your Y string and letting her spin the rapier gives you one orb.

She's not Ganondorf. You need to unlock and practice all the moves if you want to get the most out of her.

ThePhenomenalBaby fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 5, 2014

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

Tips?

Press Y to charge it up. When it's charged up, spam Y at the end of combo chains to do more attacks.

XXXYY is good for taking out lots of enemies, I find. You can aim the arrow barrage separately from the charge if you tilt the stick in another direction.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yuki Akuma posted:

Press Y to charge it up. When it's charged up, spam Y at the end of combo chains to do more attacks.

XXXYY is good for taking out lots of enemies, I find. You can aim the arrow barrage separately from the charge if you tilt the stick in another direction.

I tended to get smacked a lot for trying that move.

I dunno, I didn't toy with her much because I immediately took her into one of her Adventure stages where she has to fend off a bunch of officers so that didn't go over well. Ignoring those none of her moves really clicked with me.

She probably just isn't gonna be my playstyle tbh. Looking forward to unlocking Ganondorf.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Psyker posted:

Ganon with his big gently caress-all super mega giant black arm special clears bases so hard.

A few times now I've seen that move clear the keep and kill the keep boss as it appears, at the same time. :stare:

Spectacle Rock
May 24, 2013
Ok, I need some help. I don't want to mess up using the Smithy for the first time. One of my weapons has the "Slots+" ability. What happens if I move that to another weapon? Is Slots+ an ability that gives the weapon it is attached to more slots?

I currently have a 5-star Typhoon Harp that has 2/3 slots.
Strength VI
Rupees+
[Empty]

Should I take ANOTHER harp that has the Slots+ and give it to this item? This is my best weapon, how should I buff it properly?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Suaimhneas posted:

A few times now I've seen that move clear the keep and kill the keep boss as it appears, at the same time. :stare:

That's my main way of taking keeps with Ganondorf, it's marvelous.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Spectacle Rock posted:

Ok, I need some help. I don't want to mess up using the Smithy for the first time. One of my weapons has the "Slots+" ability. What happens if I move that to another weapon? Is Slots+ an ability that gives the weapon it is attached to more slots?

I currently have a 5-star Typhoon Harp that has 2/3 slots.
Strength VI
Rupees+
[Empty]

Should I take ANOTHER harp that has the Slots+ and give it to this item? This is my best weapon, how should I buff it properly?

Slots+ is a drop rate bonus; it increases the odds of weapons you pick up having more slots. You should usually fuse weapons to get better drop rates, or to increase the damage of moves that you use often.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Well, that's it. I got everything. All the Skulltulas, all the Heart Pieces/Containers, all the weapons. Haven't unlocked the Master Sword yet, and haven't A-Ranked the Rewards maps because they are hard as balls. If anyone has any tips for those, feel free to shout them at me. Boss Rush in particular murders me in almost no time, and I can't kill all the villains on their map in time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Wow I just finally got around to playing Zelda with the Windwaker and it really surprised me. Considering that the Rapier is all about moving absurdly fast and jumping all over the drat place, I was not expecting her other weapon to be a totally stationary powerhouse. I actually really like it.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

mabels big day posted:

What's your least favorite enemy captain to fight? Mines Dinolfos

The giant monster that shoots the eye beam. gently caress that thing. It's really fast - so you can't ignore it entirely in the kill x monsters levels - and sometimes it'll go for AGES without doing the beam so you're just running around waiting and waiting to do it any damage.

Also if you're using any character other than Sheik you're doing it wrong.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Link's final weapon is absolutely amazing in every way. Definitely worth the trouble of A-ranking Zelda's rank 2 baton mission.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

a cartoon duck posted:

Link's final weapon is absolutely amazing in every way. Definitely worth the trouble of A-ranking Zelda's rank 2 baton mission.

The fact that you are completely invincible during any of the X moves except for the basic X move itself is just the icing on the cake.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I was eight KOs away from getting Ganondorf's 3rd rank weapon and the only reason I didn't focus so much on killing people is that I thought I had already surpassed the A rank threshold for Damage :qq:

Also for some odd reason I got Link's 2nd Rank Great Fairy weapon before even finding the first.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

a cartoon duck posted:

I unlocked it by getting the Lv2 version in a different area. That battle *reccommends* water, but doesn't require it so I could go to town with a sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

That mission is so hard, though :(. Which team did you tackle first? I've been ignoring the yellow team until last so that I can take out Wizzro immediately (and waste minimal time waiting to die and restart when I take a hit from him or Volga). But the goddamned super aerolfos that is the yellow commander takes an age and a half to kill.

• Locked thread