Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

BlueArmyMan posted:

I'd say the same about the rankings, since I've lost matches and gone up in rank.

I am pretty sure the rankings are delayed sometimes, like your previous match isn't counted until you do another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

anyone in the 5000-20,000 rank right now and can give me a rough idea of how much grind I have left to do? I'm at 30k right now, hopefully I can grind out enough to hit the divas.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Telex posted:

anyone in the 5000-20,000 rank right now and can give me a rough idea of how much grind I have left to do? I'm at 30k right now, hopefully I can grind out enough to hit the divas.

I'm a lot higher than that, but I've been grinding all day and only moved up 500 spots.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Telex posted:

I have 1000 points and am about 13000th. Not sure where I'll be after decay though.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I have 840 points, which is good for about rank 19k at 6 PM EST (27 hours left on the clock).

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Giving up on winning a PCC Orton. After grinding for ten hours and only moving up 500 spots, it's becoming obvious that I'm not gonna move up the additional 1,000 needed to get it. If nothing else, Epic Pro Cesaro will help me out in KOTR.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is 2k14 worth buying? Any game out right now worth buying?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

2k14 is alright

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Basic Chunnel posted:

2k14 is alright

Last wrestling game i had was Smackdown versus Raw (It was fun to play even if i got years after it came out), did any of the game after got better?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The core gameplay is more or less the same. Slight control tweaks, but it's the same for all intents and purposes; basic grapples, strong grapples, very spammable strikes, finishers based on building up a meter. I played all the games along the way, so I'm not sure how much of a jump it will feel to go directly from SvR to 2k14, but I imagine it won't feel too alien.

2k15 is only a month or so away now, though, so if you've got a PS4 or One (or PC?) you may be better off waiting for that. 2k14 is hilariously buggy, and one would hope 2k15 at least fixes that.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The gameplay and AI in 2k14 is pretty good, and the load times while long aren't as insane as previous titles. It's probably going to be known as the best WWE game of the 360/ps3 era. It's still a yukes game though, so there's bugs aplenty and it all still looks pretty bad. I enoyed the wrestlemania mode and the CAWs and universe mode are pretty fun, but yeah if you have the ability to run the next gen 2k15 you should maybe think about waiting on that to come out.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

smashpro1 posted:

Giving up on winning a PCC Orton. After grinding for ten hours and only moving up 500 spots, it's becoming obvious that I'm not gonna move up the additional 1,000 needed to get it. If nothing else, Epic Pro Cesaro will help me out in KOTR.

You lucky dog. I'm basically settling for the Pro Stardust, so I can finally get into Epic KOTRs.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
Yeah I am content ot sit around 1900-2200 Rank, anything after that is a slog. I only worry about keeping my rank decent throughout the workday tomorrow, though I'll have a few hours between coming home and it ending

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

pressedbunny posted:

The core gameplay is more or less the same. Slight control tweaks, but it's the same for all intents and purposes; basic grapples, strong grapples, very spammable strikes, finishers based on building up a meter. I played all the games along the way, so I'm not sure how much of a jump it will feel to go directly from SvR to 2k14, but I imagine it won't feel too alien.

2k15 is only a month or so away now, though, so if you've got a PS4 or One (or PC?) you may be better off waiting for that. 2k14 is hilariously buggy, and one would hope 2k15 at least fixes that.

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One and i prefer to not use my PC for Sports games.

Edit: Oh i don't know many of the wrestlers in 2k15 rosters, last time i knew the roster relatively well was the year CM Punk was leader of the Nexus so yeah i would also need to catch up.

Sramaker fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 6, 2014

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Blasmeister posted:

The gameplay and AI in 2k14 is pretty good, and the load times while long aren't as insane as previous titles. It's probably going to be known as the best WWE game of the 360/ps3 era. It's still a yukes game though, so there's bugs aplenty and it all still looks pretty bad. I enoyed the wrestlemania mode and the CAWs and universe mode are pretty fun, but yeah if you have the ability to run the next gen 2k15 you should maybe think about waiting on that to come out.

I didn't think 2K14 added anything to make it better than 2K13 for me. The roster has The Shield, but you lose all the Attitude Era people in exchange for a bunch of legends, a dozen of which are "retro" versions of people on the main roster.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sramaker posted:

I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One and i prefer to not use my PC for Sports games.

Edit: Oh i don't know many of the wrestlers in 2k15 rosters, last time i knew the roster relatively well was the year CM Punk was leader of the Nexus so yeah i would also need to catch up.

If you want a roster with more people you might know, I'd get 2k14 or 13. 14 has a mode based on old Wrestlemanias so it has a lot of random old stars from the 80's and 90's with DLC for the nWo , Jake the Snake, Rick Rude, and the like. 13 has an "Attitude Era" mode so it has a lot of the WWF roster from 98-2000 with Too Cool and a few others as DLC.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

If you want a roster with more people you might know, I'd get 2k14 or 13. 14 has a mode based on old Wrestlemanias so it has a lot of random old stars from the 80's and 90's with DLC for the nWo , Jake the Snake, Rick Rude, and the like. 13 has an "Attitude Era" mode so it has a lot of the WWF roster from 98-2000 with Too Cool and a few others as DLC.

Sounds like both interest me but is '13 or 2k14 more fun overall?

I don't know much about wrestling game since i only played WWF No Mercy and Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 so is there any older but easy to download games that would be fun to play, i think i missed out on a lot of good games.

Edit: Oh and yeah i know about of the wrestlers of the 80's and 90's too.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

2k14 is way better. 2k13 is kind of crap there aren't even really two counts, they either kick out at one or you win. Plus you get a lot of people from 2k13 while having a wider range of older dudes. You may not have Ken Shamrock anymore but you get Andre and Razor Ramon and the like instead.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

2k14 is way better. 2k13 is kind of crap there aren't even really two counts, they either kick out at one or you win.

WOW that sounds truely bad which is weird since i never had any problem with a game that was years older that 2k13.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

They are all bad but 2k15 will probably be the least-bad I can't in good conscience say any of the others are worth playing

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

epitasis posted:

They are all bad but 2k15 will probably be the least-bad I can't in good conscience say any of the others are worth playing

But i don't have a PS4 or Xbox One.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sramaker posted:

But i don't have a PS4 or Xbox One.

It'll come out on PS3 and the 360 as well. But as always when they get rid of bugs they'll make new ones. It's always one step forward and one step back at best with all of these games.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster

It'll come out on PS3 and the 360 as well. But as always when they get rid of bugs they'll make new ones. It's always one step forward and one step back at best with all of these games.

Oh, alright then but i read earlier in the thread was something up with sound or music.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

You wont' be able to rip your own music to use for entrances for the new game on PS4 and Xbone but those versions have a new version of the career mode the other games won't have.

Sramaker
Oct 31, 2012

by Cowcaster
Never mind.

Sramaker fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 6, 2014

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I think the last version I played was 2011, do they still have the feature where you can hold a button to turn a move into a pin, like German suplexes and powerbombs? I loved that, and I know they have a tendency to remove cool features.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I think the last version I played was 2011, do they still have the feature where you can hold a button to turn a move into a pin, like German suplexes and powerbombs? I loved that, and I know they have a tendency to remove cool features.

I believe they still do, it's called a Pin Combo.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Yeah they get their own lil menu and everything

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

WWE Super Card question: When I'm feeding cards into one of my main cards, should I be doing anything special? I try to combine matches before feeding them, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting XP by doing that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vilkata posted:

WWE Super Card question: When I'm feeding cards into one of my main cards, should I be doing anything special? I try to combine matches before feeding them, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting XP by doing that.

A level zero pro card gives slightly more exp than two level zero non-pro cards of the same rarity.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Everyone on Supercard has pretty much figured out the whole "punt half of your cards so that you can have just enough cards of super high level to win" which makes playing rather frustrating. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a solution, but something really needs to be done about it. It's stupid going against 3 epic pros with a team of UR Pros.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

cams posted:

Everyone on Supercard has pretty much figured out the whole "punt half of your cards so that you can have just enough cards of super high level to win" which makes playing rather frustrating. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a solution, but something really needs to be done about it. It's stupid going against 3 epic pros with a team of UR Pros.

They just need to change the ranking system (in exhibition) to work on the basis of your three highest-rated cards, not the overall deck.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

cams posted:

At the beginning of the People's Champ event I was hovering around the Ultra+ / ++ tier so I tried stacking my deck with half common cards to lower my ranking and just got stomped in every match. In the end I made a team out of the strongest cards I had which edged me into Epic and, after maxing out my guaranteed Epic pick (The Rock), I am now at mid Epic tier with my strongest cards and am consistently winning even against stacked decks.

Maybe it's worse lower in the rankings but try using your strongest cards and keep playing KOTR to get more high-level cards to build up your team and you should get over the hump and into a position where you can win consistently.

My current team (all fully trained) is:

code:
- SR Pro Andre
- SR Pro Cena
- SR Pro The Rock
- Epic The Rock
- SR Pro Paige

- UR Ladder
- Rare WWE Universe
I find I lose most diva matches in Epic tier but my tag team of Rock and Cena can beat pretty much anybody, especially with a well-placed speed bost.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cyberia posted:

At the beginning of the People's Champ event I was hovering around the Ultra+ / ++ tier so I tried stacking my deck with half common cards to lower my ranking and just got stomped in every match. In the end I made a team out of the strongest cards I had which edged me into Epic and, after maxing out my guaranteed Epic pick (The Rock), I am now at mid Epic tier with my strongest cards and am consistently winning even against stacked decks.

Maybe it's worse lower in the rankings but try using your strongest cards and keep playing KOTR to get more high-level cards to build up your team and you should get over the hump and into a position where you can win consistently.

My current team (all fully trained) is:

code:
- SR Pro Andre
- SR Pro Cena
- SR Pro The Rock
- Epic The Rock
- SR Pro Paige

- UR Ladder
- Rare WWE Universe
I find I lose most diva matches in Epic tier but my tag team of Rock and Cena can beat pretty much anybody, especially with a well-placed speed bost.
Nah, I'm actually in Legendary+ now. I was losing a shitload of my exhibitions because of the punting, but then I gave in and jointed the dark side and I'm winning way more. It's just dumb.

I'm about to enter an epic KOTR when I EASILY get into legendary, I fully expect to stomp.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I've decided if I can't beat them, join them and my team for exhibitions is now Max Epic Pro Stone Cold, Warrior and Bray Wyatt, +2 trash commons, which sits me at legendary tier. Giving up a potential legendary++, but they never dropped anyway and this way I always win my PCC matches even at +5.
Benching Legendary Natalya and max Epic Pro Booker T feels wrong, but it's how the game is structured and ignoring it just hurts my returns.

Not really sure where to go after this. I could try epic KOTRs and hope for an epic diva pair to repace my legendary or have a go straight up at legendary KOTR, and min/max my team to just edge into that tier with 1-2 decent bench cards to make up the needed points.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I am doing everything normally and not gaming it and I seem to be doing alright with Exhibitions/KotR? Like I am about 50% on 5 points and like 95% on the 3 point matches and easily hovering in the 1651-2500 Tier for 2x Cesaros (which is what I want). I'm currently in UR++ with a team of 1 P-UR and the rest P-SR. Does it completely fall off in the next tier or something?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

MotU posted:

I am doing everything normally and not gaming it and I seem to be doing alright with Exhibitions/KotR? Like I am about 50% on 5 points and like 95% on the 3 point matches and easily hovering in the 1651-2500 Tier for 2x Cesaros (which is what I want). I'm currently in UR++ with a team of 1 P-UR and the rest P-SR. Does it completely fall off in the next tier or something?

You get paired with decks of similar stats so you can run into areas during your progression where the total stats of your deck are about equal to that of someone with a deck of 3 or so maxed pro URs + trash, for example, and then you'll run into more of them. At the very high reward tiers, where everyone has multiple maxed epics, you find yourself hitting these clumps more often.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MotU posted:

How is this deck not in Epic yet? I got into epic with a PP UR, three PP SRs, and a PP Rare. And the UR was definitely not maxed yet.

I got a little overzealous grinding my rank last night so I could finish maxing my Pro UR AJ and now I'm worried I won't fall back to 50k and don't want to put in the time to get up to 20k to get a useful reward. I finally pulled a wrestler higher than SR though, a UR Hogan, which is awesome because I already have a max level one.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 6, 2014

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
I'm just about into epic but my cards are all at 20, not maxed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I'm starting to reach the point where I actually have to put in effort in my KOTRs. :smith: