Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Jackard posted:

Fire ferrets are immune to fire damage.

Then how did Charizard beat Magmar?

Ps. Wait, on second thought he might have used slam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Oh god shut up!
How is this thread so terrible? Worst OP in years.

EDIT: Just so I do something more than whining about this thread, I want to say that I like Kuvieras character so far. I am intereted at which point exactly she will proclaim that the prince should not have any power. And to be honest so far I don't see how that opinion would be wrong. Maybe he actually knows a whole lot about politics and can pull himself together when it comes down to it, but it doesn't look that way at all. The only reaon anyone wants to give him power is literally nepotism.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Oct 5, 2014

Big Anime Fan Here
Sep 8, 2010

by XyloJW
Get out of here with your sick loving power fantasy. They can't bend the air into lava. You make me loving sick dude.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Big Anime Fan Here posted:

Get out of here with your sick loving power fantasy. They can't bend the air into lava. You make me loving sick dude.

He wants the impossible. You can't get someone to shut up if nobody's talking. (We're typing) He also spelled Kuvira rong. :D

Ps. While we've been bitching, reddit has been hard at work giving this show the anime opening it deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovUbF4mKlAE

See you guys later.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
Ha, that's awesome. Someone did an anime opening for Korra when the first season was airing too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI2nxFnel7k

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Aiight chillax homies I'm here to save the thread

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sato posted:

Ha, that's awesome. Someone did an anime opening for Korra when the first season was airing too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI2nxFnel7k

You know it kinda fits, its very 90's but it works.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I know we talked about this last thread, but Doug Walker actually released a making of that NC episode of the top 11 Avatar episodes and man Dante seems like such a nice guy to hang out with and shoot the poo poo with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgh5t31bTug
:)

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Amazing fanart

Deadpan suffering Mako is the best Mako.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sithsaber posted:

He wants the impossible. You can't get someone to shut up if nobody's talking. (We're typing) He also spelled Kuvira rong. :D

Ps. While we've been bitching, reddit has been hard at work giving this show the anime opening it deserves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovUbF4mKlAE

See you guys later.

Looks like the opening for a lovely teen or TV series.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Sithsaber posted:

The final movie hasn't come out yet. Should I go back and watch the anime or should I avoid it and rely on the superior reboot? (I only saw one episode of FMA before I binge watched FMAB) Is it true that the old movies already retconned the first ending? Can I watch things out of order and rely on dbz boom-pow/ oooh_aaaah retard continuity?

You should watch the series, then End of Eva, and then the Rebuilds after that. It is much, much better than Korra, god people in this thread are stupid.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

Jackard posted:

Watch the first two reboot movies and ignore everything that comes after

I can't even.

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Xelkelvos posted:

It is!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

achillesforever6 posted:

I know we talked about this last thread, but Doug Walker actually released a making of that NC episode of the top 11 Avatar episodes and man Dante seems like such a nice guy to hang out with and shoot the poo poo with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mgh5t31bTug
:)
It's depressing as gently caress that talking about Doug Walker would actually improve the thread.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

I am honestly looking forward to Mako being stuck with Princey for a while. Very much like Sokka and the nomads.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's depressing as gently caress that talking about Doug Walker would actually improve the thread.
I mean the guy makes lovely videos that entertain teens until either they grow up to know better or remain liking them, but Doug himself seems like a guy I would talk movies with.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Serella posted:

I am honestly looking forward to Mako being stuck with Princey for a while. Very much like Sokka and the nomads.

Mako is a much better Sokka than Bolin was. It makes sense too: Mako and Sokka are both the serious types who plan ahead, while Bolin is, um, wacky?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Xelkelvos posted:

Hmm I wonder just what is it that we are watching and discussing in this thread?

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Hmm I wonder just what is it that we are watching and discussing in this thread?

A lovely children's cartoon anime.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

JetpackHowwy posted:

A lovely children's cartoon anime.

It's a cartoon, through and through.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Season premier was promising. I like where this going, so I'm expecting a Code Geass moment where there are role shifts in a war torn environment and someone has to die.

Okay, that won't happen, but I'm waiting for Kuvira to go from villian to anti-hero towards the end of the season once new baddies pop up.

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Drifter posted:

It's a cartoon, through and through.

I hear you, but I just consider anime and cartoons to be synonymous with each other to the point where the terms can be interchangeable for some shows.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sithsaber posted:

Then how did Charizard beat Magmar?
How did Dark Schneider defeat Ifrit?

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

JetpackHowwy posted:

A lovely children's cartoon TV anime.

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Seeing the anime intros, I wonder if someone's tried to reverse-dub an episode in Japanese. Unless there is actual Japanese localization which I guess is the same thing.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zephirum posted:

Seeing the anime intros, I wonder if someone's tried to reverse-dub an episode in Japanese. Unless there is actual Japanese localization which I guess is the same thing.

Can't reverse dub into Japanese, not enough awkward pausing and stares between characters speaking.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Zephirum posted:

According to one of the dev interviews for the Korra game, they actually had to keep pausing their viewing of the first two seasons to translate them by hand when their interest in the series (before they'd even approached Nick) was first sparked.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I know that at least the original series had a Japanese dub, but from what I've heard, it's rather terrible!

Sato
Apr 28, 2013
They only did the first two seasons IIRC. There are still people on Tumblr who want to see the superior original subbed version of Korra, not this awful dubbed version.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011

uncleKitchener posted:

Okay, that won't happen, but I'm waiting for Kuvira to go from villian to anti-hero towards the end of the season once new baddies pop up.

I don't mind the sound of that, but it might seem weird for the final nemesis for the entire series to just be some random new baddie that pops up halfway through the season.

Maybe Zaheer will break out of the hoosegow and start a new reign of terror

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet
Zaheer the Antibuddha is probably done being a threat. Maybe we'll get some hippy-dippy bullshit about the anima mundi having to be talked down from eradicating all fossil fuels.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Palpatin Prince Wu's behind it all!

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

PiedPiper posted:

Palpatin Prince Wu's behind it all!

This would be the greatest twist the show has had.

E: I dont care who the last fight is as long as it involves Korra working with some combination of Zaheer, Toph, or Hiroshi Sato/Varrick in some sort of Iron Man suit.

Sato
Apr 28, 2013

Wildeyes posted:

I don't mind the sound of that, but it might seem weird for the final nemesis for the entire series to just be some random new baddie that pops up halfway through the season.

Maybe Zaheer will break out of the hoosegow and start a new reign of terror

I'm really hoping Kuvira's the only baddie this season (you know, besides Korra's own self-doubt). I think it's a neat circle for the final villain we see Korra face to be a version of her Book 1 self. Even their names are kind of similar! Plus, Bryke don't really handle last-minute villain changes well: remember the exposition dump at the end of Book 1, or how suddenly Unalaq was serving the embodiment of evil and Korra had to do Harmonic Convergence? Part of the reason Book 3 worked so well was that there was an overarching villain (well, four, but you know what I mean)throughout all 13 episodes. I really want Korra to go out with a bang and I think Kuvira being the only real villain is the best way to accomplish that.

Then again, I still think the best villain in Korra (other than the Red Lotus) is Varrick. That poo poo-eating smirk in Asami's office was one of the few things Studio Pierrot actually did right.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Maybe Varrick is secretly the head of the Red Lotus.

Wildeyes
Nov 3, 2011
Not sure if it's been posted, but the Nicktoons channel is going to air every episode of season 3 this week(?). That's right, on the TV.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wildeyes posted:

Not sure if it's been posted, but the Nicktoons channel is going to air every episode of season 3 this week(?). That's right, on the TV.

Oh, that's great!
Hasn't Nicktoons generally gotten better ratings for the franchise than Nick itself has?

Sithsaber
Apr 8, 2014

by Ion Helmet

thexerox123 posted:

Maybe Varrick is secretly the head of the Red Lotus.

Varrick works better as a charismatic megalomanic who crawled his way out of the gutter and is only loyal to profit. As for twists, remember that this show is built for 13 year olds. Amon was cool but after that things got more straight forward. (Gimicks aside)Even Varrick choreographed his heel turn at the end of his first appearance.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Sithsaber posted:

Varrick works better as a charismatic megalomanic who crawled his way out of the gutter and is only loyal to profit.

Yeah, I don't actually want Varrick to be head of the Red Lotus, that was a joke suggestion. He's not exactly the anarchist type.

(But I could see him secretly working with them if it could further his own ends, like the kidnapping of the President. Not that I think that's going to happen, either.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I could see Varrick's motives going either way.

But I'm gonna try and stop guessing what happens in this show because I have always been wrong.

• Locked thread