Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pleads posted:

If you ever wear a v-neck or one of those big looping neck hipster shirts you're going to look like Brock Lesnar.

Oh god the tip is sticking out of the top...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pleads posted:

If you ever wear a v-neck or one of those big looping neck hipster shirts you're going to look like Brock Lesnar.

Someone animate it so the tip peeks up and then back down

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

After reaching my weight loss goal I needed some clothes that actually fit so I got this jumper. No pic from their website so have a shitily lit selfie.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Now you can get a good clothes goal

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I like the hoodie. It's not Rick Owens or anything crazy, but it fits nicely and isn't actively offensive or anything. Though I live for those cheap $20 H&M hoodies, so maybe I'm classless.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school

Petsmart had a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so I spoiled my baby :3:

I also bought a Swiffer Wet Jet, because I'm an adult and poo poo.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

An 07 SV650 with a little over 9k miles. It's in great shape mechanically and has brand new tires. The only thing wrong with it is that the first owner kept it outside so there's a decent bit of sun fading on the plastics. I'm really not that concerned with that though, especially since it's my first bike. I can't wait to get it registered so I can really ride it.

benwards
Apr 9, 2007

Another youthful indiscretion

rockcity posted:

An 07 SV650 with a little over 9k miles. It's in great shape mechanically and has brand new tires. The only thing wrong with it is that the first owner kept it outside so there's a decent bit of sun fading on the plastics. I'm really not that concerned with that though, especially since it's my first bike. I can't wait to get it registered so I can really ride it.

That's a hell of a bike. You're gonna love it. Ride the poo poo out of it, it'll take you anywhere you wanna go.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Brockden Brown posted:

GoPro Hero, 32GB microSD card.

Used 3DS XL with Link Between Worlds pre-loaded, plus Super Smash 3DS.

I carry all of these exact items around daily, and they're all awesome. Enjoy.

For content, I bought a lot of Nikon gear (been a Canon shooter my entire career until now). Can't look back now, the future is owned by Nikon.

D750

35 1.8g FX

50 1.8g

85 1.8g

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Oct 6, 2014

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

benwards posted:

That's a hell of a bike. You're gonna love it. Ride the poo poo out of it, it'll take you anywhere you wanna go.

Thanks, I'm pretty excited. The quick little ride around the neighborhood already has me super excited. I definitely need to get my touch right on the clutch in first gear. It's been two years since I've rode any bike and I can tell I'm rusty with it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

rockcity posted:

Thanks, I'm pretty excited. The quick little ride around the neighborhood already has me super excited. I definitely need to get my touch right on the clutch in first gear. It's been two years since I've rode any bike and I can tell I'm rusty with it.

Buy this. http://www.amazon.com/Crampbuster-CB2-CrampBuster-Wide/dp/B000GZPH2U

It not only makes it easier on your wrist to maintain highway/cruising speeds, but gives you much better throttle control at low speed because you're using your whole palm. Best :10bux: I've ever spent. Your camera hand will thank you too ;)

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

Buy this. http://www.amazon.com/Crampbuster-CB2-CrampBuster-Wide/dp/B000GZPH2U

It not only makes it easier on your wrist to maintain highway/cruising speeds, but gives you much better throttle control at low speed because you're using your whole palm. Best :10bux: I've ever spent. Your camera hand will thank you too ;)

Wow, that's actually kind of cool and I've never seen it. It did come with thicker padded grips to help make it so you don't need to squeeze as hard, but throttling with your palm sounds super intriguing. And yes, gotta save that shutter hand.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I gotta go grocery shopping tonight, so my plans basically involve a lot of random crap to which I will use to make food.

I will also be seeing if they make some kinda disinfecting wipes like lysol except on a piece of material.

Oh yea, I'll probably be getting in this tomorrow :

Cause I needed a gold goblet/chalice in order to be classy as gently caress. It's my birthday present to myself :3:

It's SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN that any liquid consumed out of a gold chalice or goblet is 10000% classier than the same liquid consumed out of a regular glass or cup.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

McKilligan posted:

2 grand well spent.

I feel like it needs to be mentioned that McKilligan designed and drew this whole awesome piece himself instead of getting the tattoo artist to do it as most people do :aaaaa:

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004

Concatenation posted:

I feel like it needs to be mentioned that McKilligan designed and drew this whole awesome piece himself instead of getting the tattoo artist to do it as most people do :aaaaa:

This is actually something that most good tattoo artists hate. Usually they prefer to have the freedom do their own art/style, but he did a great job with the art and picked a artist that was cool enough to do that.

This isn't the tattoo megathread or anything but I didn't want people to read that and start drawing up their own garbage(McKilligan's again is not garbage, it is very good) and taking it into every tattoo shop in town where they will get yelled at and punted out the door.

Hellbeard
Apr 8, 2002

Please report me if you see me post in GBS so a moderator may bulldoze my account like a palestinian school.

100% Dundee posted:

This is actually something that most good tattoo artists hate. Usually they prefer to have the freedom do their own art/style, but he did a great job with the art and picked a artist that was cool enough to do that.

This isn't the tattoo megathread or anything but I didn't want people to read that and start drawing up their own garbage(McKilligan's again is not garbage, it is very good) and taking it into every tattoo shop in town where they will get yelled at and punted out the door.

Depending on the person, I don't think "most good ones" hate that because the majority of business is people picking stuff off of the wall that's a chinese letter or maybe some other pictogram asian language. I used to do tattoos at a very good studio here in Israel and while artists(the good ones, not me) really love being given free reign and usually do their best work like that a good and professional tattooist should not have qualms working with his or her client on what they want to get and they ought to respect in particular creative individuals who bring personal stuff.

If someone yells at you at a studio tell them to go gently caress themselves and go give your money to someone who acts like a professional.

That being said it's pretty sweet art McKilligan.

Edit: the letter "s".

Hellbeard has a new favorite as of 09:52 on Oct 6, 2014

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

rockcity posted:

bikes are lame but you at least got a drat good one.

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

Cuniculous posted:

Petsmart had a buy 2 get 1 free deal, so I spoiled my baby :3:

I also bought a Swiffer Wet Jet, because I'm an adult and poo poo.

You bought velcro to stick your dog to the wall?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
My wife's 2nd hand machine just died so I figured I'd get Xmas shopping out of the way early.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Got a headset for my PS4 so I can both actually use voice chat function, and play at night and not keep my GF awake.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Really expensive geometry and some custom spring housings that made me end up with this:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

Got a headset for my PS4 so I can both actually use voice chat function, and play at night and not keep my GF awake.

I'm having a flashback to that episode of Family Guy where Joe is watching Steven Seagal and using the wireless headphones his wife got him, still screaming all the poo poo he'd normally scream.

That being said, I owned a set of those, and they work pretty great. Pretty much perfect for what you are planning, although I never tried the voice chat thing. I think you'll dig em.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the gold headset kicks rear end, I use mine daily.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I gotta go grocery shopping tonight, so my plans basically involve a lot of random crap to which I will use to make food.

I will also be seeing if they make some kinda disinfecting wipes like lysol except on a piece of material.

Oh yea, I'll probably be getting in this tomorrow :

Cause I needed a gold goblet/chalice in order to be classy as gently caress. It's my birthday present to myself :3:

It's SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN that any liquid consumed out of a gold chalice or goblet is 10000% classier than the same liquid consumed out of a regular glass or cup.

you chose...poorly

but really sweet chalice and its time to bedazzle that poo poo and really up your drink game 5000% with your pimp cup

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

SaltLick posted:

you chose...poorly

but really sweet chalice and its time to bedazzle that poo poo and really up your drink game 5000% with your pimp cup

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
I got a new bike.

It's a Giant Roam 2 2015. Hydraulic disc brakes, a nice fork and killer hardware. Got it at a shop that was closing for $400 vs $750. I'll be riding the poo poo out of it until I have to shelve it for the winter. It's one of the nicest bikes I've ever been on. Riding it is so effortless and smooth I can't imagine going back to my old cycle.

The same shop had everything under the roof at a deep discount so my youngest boy got a Giant too.

That's a $300 bike I that sold for $125. He was riding a Huffy before.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Just received these badboys in the mail:

I highly recommend them. They fit on your keychain and are perfect for IT guys that need to occasionally open computer cases. Left them at my old job and have been looking for a replacement ever since.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

H.H posted:

Just received these badboys in the mail:

I highly recommend them. They fit on your keychain and are perfect for IT guys that need to occasionally open computer cases. Left them at my old job and have been looking for a replacement ever since.

So how about a link to the product page?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

PCOS Bill posted:

So how about a link to the product page?

https://www.dx.com/p/dv218-key-shaped-phillips-screwdriver-slotted-screwdriver-set-silver-2pcs-288552#.VDOXW9BBRBd

I know it's deal extreme, which is fishy, but I'm pleased with their service for the products I bought from them so far and honestly for $2 it's a steal.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought a GPS so I can stop printing out pages of google maps every time I go somewhere:

(Garmin LM65)

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

cyberia posted:

I bought a GPS so I can stop printing out pages of google maps every time I go somewhere:

(Garmin LM65)

Couldn't you've just installed a GPS app on your smartphone? I thought people stopped buying GPS hardware because of that.

Everyone here just use Waze, which is great.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Not everyone has a smartphone ityool 2014 (I don't and have a second hand GPS). GPS also allow you to always have offline maps which can be handy in some situations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Smartphones are so loving 2008.

e: What is a "GPS app" anyway? If it means what I think it means (i.e. there's no actual GPS receiver) then in about 100% of the situations where you actually need help with navigation they prove to be completely worthless trash. Of course they work fine when you just need directions to the nearest Chinese restaurant or something.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 08:58 on Oct 7, 2014

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

H.H posted:

Couldn't you've just installed a GPS app on your smartphone? I thought people stopped buying GPS hardware because of that.

My aunt as a Lotus Elite phone and a GPS because she's not good with technology and does farm work so having any sort of smart phone would just be a waste for her and a liability, plus she likes having an actual tactile keyboard.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Jerry Cotton posted:

Smartphones are so loving 2008.

e: What is a "GPS app" anyway? If it means what I think it means (i.e. there's no actual GPS receiver) then in about 100% of the situations where you actually need help with navigation they prove to be completely worthless trash. Of course they work fine when you just need directions to the nearest Chinese restaurant or something.

I guess I wasn't clear: GPS app means that it works based on the smartphone's GPS receiver.
The app I linked to not only gives directions to the indicated point, but calculates the quickest route based on traffic and alerts of accidents and highway police ahead.

Anyway, I haven't thought about not having a smartphone, of course I know people who don't have it, I guess it just didn't occur to me.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

H.H posted:

Screen and signal

1) For me, the bigger the screen, the safer the device. If I need to look at a complicated direction (go round the corner and take the second, half-hidden turn) then the less I have to focus on a smaller screen, the better. My ideal satnav is probably A5 and you don't want a phone that big (wait until iPhone 7 Plus)

2) I live in an area with crap mobile signal. More than once, I've missed a turnoff because my phone was waiting for data and so was displaying that wasn't where I really was. Map caching is supposed to be an option, but I've never been organised enough to sort it out for all the regions that I might be in.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

spog posted:

Screen and signal

1) For me, the bigger the screen, the safer the device. If I need to look at a complicated direction (go round the corner and take the second, half-hidden turn) then the less I have to focus on a smaller screen, the better. My ideal satnav is probably A5 and you don't want a phone that big (wait until iPhone 7 Plus)

2) I live in an area with crap mobile signal. More than once, I've missed a turnoff because my phone was waiting for data and so was displaying that wasn't where I really was. Map caching is supposed to be an option, but I've never been organised enough to sort it out for all the regions that I might be in.

OK, I see your points.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

H.H posted:

OK, I see your points.

I also see your points too.

I am somewhat surprised at how much better Google maps on my phone are than my Garmin.

Especially given that my entire smartphone cost slightly less than my dedicated satnav and the free maps app on it is just a small part of what the phone does.

EDIT: though at least my satnav doesn't demand access to my contacts database.

spog has a new favorite as of 09:48 on Oct 7, 2014

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

H.H posted:

There are a few reasons I decided to buy a GPS:

- I live in Australia
- I have a prepaid cellphone with limited data and not-great battery life
- I spend a lot of time driving out in the country and in newly-developed suburban estates for which Google maps isn't always accurate
- As other posters have mentioned, having a large, dedicated touchscreen device with clear, simple directions is easier to follow than relying on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

spog posted:

EDIT: though at least my satnav doesn't demand access to my contacts database.

Your Map App does that to be able to suggest your contacts' addresses when you start typing in poo poo. Not every permission an App wants automatically is used for evil purposes. Most of them have good reasons behind them (if it's not a flashlight App wanting to see your call history and location...).