Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

How long did it take for Robert Macnarma to get to "I made a huge mistake."?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Man, there's a lot of serious, toxic residual poo poo from the Bush admin that we'll probably still be dealing with 20 years from now, so I'm sorry I don't the energy to summon up sympathy for that poor soul who was led astray by the impulse to lie about war, chuckled "you covered your rear end now" after reading the 9/11 memo and politicized D.C. into absolute gridlock.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
Bush is a good guy, the kinda guy I'd like just relax and torture some innocent Iraqis with.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Maybe he could paint your portrait! Wouldn't that be charming?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

beatlegs posted:

Maybe he could paint your portrait! Wouldn't that be charming?

Say what you will about his artistic ability; at least he isn't signing off on people's lives anymore.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You know who else dabbled in painting? :godwin:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
After his time in office? :haw:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Mister Macys posted:

After his time in office? :haw:

Well if we consider the bunker to be out of office and blood a form of paint, then yes he did produce one abstract piece right before his death.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
George W. Bush Debuts New Paintings Of Dogs, Friends...

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

The Rokstar posted:

Oh please. W was absolutely one of the worst presidents this country has ever seen, but he wasn't loving Hitler.

Better presidents than Bush have ordered Americans into concentration camps, and I'm genuinely sorry that's a thing I can say.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Oh please. W was absolutely one of the worst presidents this country has ever seen, but he wasn't loving Hitler.

:ssh: it was a joke

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

The Rokstar posted:

Also Gacy.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
*puts on cape* He kind of was Hitler, though.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
That one honestly never gets old for me.

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

The Rokstar posted:

:ssh: it was a joke

A joke?! Not on MY comedy forum!

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Can't spell "War Crimes" without the Dubya, now, can you?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Ninjasaurus posted:

So the retrospective liberal narrative is now, "Bush was harmless, didn't know what he was doing, the REAL bad guys are everyone else in his administration. Wish I could buy him a beer!"

Yeah, people forgiving Bush make me want to push my fist through the glass in my monitor and into their face.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
So is it ever going to become politically viable to run against torture and bombing schools and weddings or is this just what we're going to do from now on? Can you even be too bloodthirsty in this day and age?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Babylon Astronaut posted:

So is it ever going to become politically viable to run against torture and bombing schools and weddings or is this just what we're going to do from now on? Can you even be too bloodthirsty in this day and age?

I don't think Isolationism is a viable policy in America, no.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Shbobdb posted:

Yeah, people forgiving Bush make me want to push my fist through the glass in my monitor and into their face.

Your monitor has glass? Are you posting from 2002?

EDIT: I was moving house recently and discovered that goodwill won't take CRTs anymore. Even nice ones like trinitrons. Them shits have been obsolete for over a decade now.

moller fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 6, 2014

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll

moller posted:

EDIT: I was moving house recently and discovered that goodwill won't take CRTs anymore. Even nice ones like trinitrons. Them shits have been obsolete for over a decade now.

Salvation Army just came over and picked my old giant CRT up.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Yeah, Hitler wasn't all that bad really.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Bush is a drunk who hated Saddam more than he hates his own father. He didn't mind being a puppet on the throne so long as he got to git' Saddami Insani.

Has anyone seen Frank Miller comment about ISIS? I went looking and found squat, it seems that his employers have muzzled him since his total meltdown titled, "Holy Terror" was released. I don't think it's coincidence that his personal site, FrankMillerInk, hasn't been updated since 2011:

quote:

“Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves.

This is no popular uprising. This is garbage. And goodness knows they’re spewing their garbage – both politically and physically – every which way they can find.

Wake up, pond scum. America is at war against a ruthless enemy.
http://frankmillerink.com/

99% of the wealth is owned by half a percentage point of the populace, this has nothing to do with how high the unemployment is or how low the wages are!

I checked his Twitter and it's all harmless, "Come to my premier" and "be good!" fluff. Has he released any more tirades or was he muzzled in exchange for getting Sin City 2 distributed?

He also got a black eye. I didn't see any explanation other than he's old and fell over, but maybe someone clocked him.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its because he's literally dying. Like he turned into a skeleton in little over a year's time.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Post 9-11 User posted:

He also got a black eye. I didn't see any explanation other than he's old and fell over, but maybe someone clocked him.
He appeared in public to do some promotion work for SC2, and everyone was horrified at how old and sick he looked. Like he'd been subsisting on a diet of nothing but store-brand whiskey and chemo drugs.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

Liberals who mock other liberals for being angry at Bush are the worst kind of hipsters. They're as annoying as leather jacket-clad libertarians.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Post 9-11 User posted:

Bush is a drunk who hated Saddam more than he hates his own father. He didn't mind being a puppet on the throne so long as he got to git' Saddami Insani.

Has anyone seen Frank Miller comment about ISIS? I went looking and found squat, it seems that his employers have muzzled him since his total meltdown titled, "Holy Terror" was released. I don't think it's coincidence that his personal site, FrankMillerInk, hasn't been updated since 2011:

http://frankmillerink.com/

99% of the wealth is owned by half a percentage point of the populace, this has nothing to do with how high the unemployment is or how low the wages are!

I checked his Twitter and it's all harmless, "Come to my premier" and "be good!" fluff. Has he released any more tirades or was he muzzled in exchange for getting Sin City 2 distributed?

I am scared to ask, but what is Holy terror?
Edit: ok, i just looked it up. jesus christ, i knew he has lost it, but i didnt know it was this bad.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

moller posted:

People who don't have the disposable income to buy a new monitor are a population worth mocking -- a leftist.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
How can they be poor if 94% of them have flatscreen monitors?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Did you know some of these people have refrigerators? The nerve of these proles! :monocle:

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

I did love when right wing commentators would specify "color" televisions well into the 00s.

vvv

nm posted:

It it is an FW900, let me know.

Sadly the Trinny was a television, which was set upon by metal scrappers as soon as I set it outside. The monitor was a Sun branded Mitsubishi Diamondtron which I hung on to for years because it did 13w3 and VGA. I was sad to see them go since I now own no television and only a somewhat lousy second-hand costco panel for a monitor.

The FW900 is sexy as heck but it also weighs over a hundred pounds iirc.

moller fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 6, 2014

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

moller posted:

It it is an FW900, let me know.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

moller posted:

I did love when right wing commentators would specify "color" televisions well into the 00s.

They still do it now.

Now when getting a black and white TV would require spending hours digging through obscure websites and stores to find working models, and then paying a significant premium over color. Now when it's been all but illegal to sell new black and whites due to the way phasing in of HD tuners work and how you couldn't really justify sticking black and white in anything with HD tuning and decode.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'm sure if you gently caress with enough color correction settings you could get black and white. :v:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

moller posted:

I always wondered how far you could take it before the Fox folks realize you're making fun of them. They have reinforced concrete. They have ice during the summer. The poor have long term grain storage! They already think the lower class should be denied access to money saving appliances that pay themselves off in months not years like refrigerators.

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

nm

beatlegs fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 6, 2014

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Nintendo Kid posted:

They still do it now.

Now when getting a black and white TV would require spending hours digging through obscure websites and stores to find working models, and then paying a significant premium over color. Now when it's been all but illegal to sell new black and whites due to the way phasing in of HD tuners work and how you couldn't really justify sticking black and white in anything with HD tuning and decode.

Poor people already have to pay a premium for lovely versions of other things, like debit cards or loans, so it only stands to reason that we should expect the poor to atone for their offensive poverty by buying and updating collector's items to use as black and white TVs.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Did you know that 96% of "poors" have access to fire? How can they be poor if they have access to fire?!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
So, have any of the talking heads lost their mind on national television over the Supreme Court decision yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Did you know that 96% of "poors" have access to fire? How can they be poor if they have access to fire?!

They also wear clothing made out of things that are not burlap sacks! The nerve of those poors trying to make it look like they're anything but destitute.