Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

You are all j4g meatbags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

You are all j4g meatbags.

Ok there 09 :rolleyes:

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Back to spaceship talk, I'm totally jazzed with the fact that clone upgrades will soon be a thing of the past.
As for the fatigue situation, my half-assed fix would be to remove Advanced Spaceship Command and bake the current bonuses into the hulls it affects, tben make a skill that reduces maximum fatigue. I'd want it to be that the longest you'd wait at level 5 for fatigue to count down is 24 hours, with a couple bours on the jump timer.
I'm hesitant to endorse Mynnna's proposal until I see how it works in situations like the sov counter-flip during the Halloween war, where NC. brought their big swinging super dick around to grind back an entier region in a day.
Really, the current proposed system is fine, as long as the numbers are kept to a small maximum. As-is, you can undock, jump, take a few gates, then jump again ad infinitum. And if you know you won't have go anywhere soon after you arrive, you can jump twice and the timer isn't too punishing.
I do like that they want supers taking some gates, as that would require some kind of effort to clear interdictors along the way.
As for jump bridges, don't touch them, except maybe to make sure they have less range than a new gate. So upgrades need to mean something, and a little increased mobility around one's own space in subcaps hasn't been any kind of a problem since they nerfed bridges down to one per system.

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

dotalchemy posted:

Stop giving bad advice, Bagu. None of us are ever pressing accept on him.

Don't listen to these meanies.

itsjustdrew, there's a usually unspoken rule that anyone willing to get rid of everything they own is probably dedicated enough to join the swarm. Send 95% of your ISK to "Scotty Wirer" ingame. Then post your API and verification hash here OR take a screenshot of the completed transaction if you feel uncomfortable posting that information.

ScottyWired fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Oct 6, 2014

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
So I haven't got much time to play the game, but that hasn't stopped me from queuing up Assault Frigates V.

I am planning on making FW space my home away from home once I get a little extra free time, so everybody post your favourite solo T2 frigate fits for shooting some mans.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

BTW, that huge 1000 dude fight in PB today was pretty cool. Despite the punishing Tidi, flying around in a big gianormous blob of ships, then seeing countless enemy Tengus pour out of the gate, then 5 minutes later a massive group of friendly carriers and Titans jump in and just start setting off doomdays and shitloads of drones and the enemy ships start exploding everywhere.

Me I'm just flying around in the middle of all this with my crow trying to point things as best I can in crazy tidi and hoping I don't get splattered.

Then when I got home to Dek, we started basically murdering some wormholers and I killed a dudes golden pod with 200M implants, won the Quiddich match, and I'm a real wizard now.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bagu posted:

Warning: incoming quarterly j4g browbeating.
itsjustdrew, you had j4g written on your head the moment you first posted in this thread back when you registered, and haven't figured out what you're doing wrong in 5(?) months since.
Firstly, you never took the overwhelming amount of advice to go post elsewhere and become part of this community. Instead you just stayed in this thread trying to blend into the herd, only to poo poo up the last few pages trying to whine yourself into corp.
Secondly, you failed to read jack poo poo when you joined these here forums, making yourself the poster child j4g by not reading even a few pages back or the op to this thread.
And finally, you haven't bothered to learn by example from the several posters in this thread who themselves started as j4gs but weren't complete autists and figured out how to fit in around here. Really, some of the best posters in this thread :10bux:ed because of this thread and we don't hold it against them because they have proven they're not completely retarded.
You, on the other hand, just threw a whiney fit because you checked all of the boxes off to join Waffe without understanding the purpose of the checklist in the first place.
Go find something else outside of games to enjoy with your :10bux: investment and come back in 6 months. I bet with the changes in your posting style and actual understanding of the poeple you want to fly with, you'll fit right in. If yoy still even want to join Waffe at that point.

Jesus loving christ

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

mrmcd posted:

BTW, that huge 1000 dude fight in PB today was pretty cool. Despite the punishing Tidi, flying around in a big gianormous blob of ships, then seeing countless enemy Tengus pour out of the gate, then 5 minutes later a massive group of friendly carriers and Titans jump in and just start setting off doomdays and shitloads of drones and the enemy ships start exploding everywhere.

Me I'm just flying around in the middle of all this with my crow trying to point things as best I can in crazy tidi and hoping I don't get splattered.

Then when I got home to Dek, we started basically murdering some wormholers and I killed a dudes golden pod with 200M implants, won the Quiddich match, and I'm a real wizard now.

:3: I love this post so much.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

ScottyWired posted:

Don't listen to these meanies.

itsjustdrew, there's a usually unspoken rule that anyone willing to get rid of everything they own is probably dedicated enough to join the swarm. Send 95% of your ISK to "Scotty Wirer" ingame. Then post your API and verification hash here OR take a screenshot of the completed transaction if you feel uncomfortable posting that information.

Shut the gently caress up. Don't talk about our secrets in this thread, spy.

Also, Widestancer please do not play this terrible game, it will make you hate yourself intensely.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:eyepop:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

We're all spies :unsmigghh:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

orange juche posted:

We're all spies :unsmigghh:

The Gray Owl Hoots at Twilight

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Widestancer posted:

The Gray Owl Hoots at Twilight

Keep your fetishes to yourself

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
Curses! Foiled again!

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

deadtear posted:

Keep your fetishes to yourself

*checks password list* This checks out I'm glad you're not a spy

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Widestancer posted:

*checks password list* This checks out I'm glad you're not a spy

That's a mighty odd safe word you chose there.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Maneck posted:

better than "Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen"

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Maneck posted:

I just use what the decoder ring says

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Widestancer, please stop posting like a teenager in an aol chat room and please stop trying to rustle the natives. If you find yourself calling out 3 posters a day for poo poo only you care about, maybe you just need to chill.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bagu posted:

Widestancer, please stop posting like a teenager in an aol chat room and please stop trying to rustle the natives. If you find yourself calling out 3 posters a day for poo poo only you care about, maybe you just need to chill.

What the actual gently caress are you talking about

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bagu posted:

If you find yourself calling out 3 posters a day for poo poo only you care about, maybe you just need to chill.

This has to be some sort of looking in the mirror joke, right? :rimshot:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Bagu posted:

Stop being bagu dude

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Not empty quoting. This is genius.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

dotalchemy posted:

Best post in this thread.

VenusInFurries
Apr 12, 2014

<3 tsalaroth
The last few pages are even worse than usual. Ullerrm save us.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Please make Widestancer and Bagu fight and let the winner into goonswarm and kick the other one out.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Reverand maynard posted:

Please make Widestancer and Bagu fight and let the winner into goonswarm and kick the other one out.
Why do you want to punish the winner?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

pugnax posted:

As some one who uses ESRI software on a regular basis, gently caress ESRI.

gently caress ESRI forever, the incoherent pile of bugs called ArcGIS needs a competitor.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

darth cookie posted:

The bar wasn't exactly set high.

I think the bar was dug underground, besides they serve the worst beer.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

So I haven't got much time to play the game, but that hasn't stopped me from queuing up Assault Frigates V.

I am planning on making FW space my home away from home once I get a little extra free time, so everybody post your favourite solo T2 frigate fits for shooting some mans.

I used to fly this arty wolf:

[Wolf, Wolf - Arty]

Gyrostabilizer II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

Warp Disruptor II
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

250mm Light Artillery Cannon II, Republic Fleet Fusion S
[Empty High slot]

Small Targeting System Subcontroller I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I

I don't really remember the rationale for some of the modules (CPR2? What was I thinking about?) but it worked very well against brawlers and even against some kiters (it killed some slicers with it). Since I haven't flown it for more than a year, I don't know if it would work now.

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

Bagu posted:

Back to spaceship talk, I'm totally jazzed with the fact that clone upgrades will soon be a thing of the past.

Got a source for that?

While you're at it, link mynnna's proposal? It's been threatening to be released for the last few days, but AFAIK it hasn't been?

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Sir_Substance posted:

Got a source for that?

While you're at it, link mynnna's proposal? It's been threatening to be released for the last few days, but AFAIK it hasn't been?

No, just misplaced hope that they will remove clone upgrades after the thing they're meant to increase costs on (pod-jumping) are eliminated.
And Mynnna has only given us tge outline, but by the description he gave, it accumulates fatigue slower when you're staying in a smaller general area.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

VenusInFurries posted:

The last few pages are even worse than usual. Ullerrm save us.

What the gently caress are you talking about, this poo poo is hilarious.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

So who is this guy anyways

Do I even want to know

Deadclown
Aug 1, 2014

It's been awhile so I thought I would give you guys a bit of an update on my eve career so far.

I have trained up into a Vexor as we have quite a few VNI fleets in the UNI low sec campus , and because I can't afford a VNI yet , I fly the cheap version.

The vexor has also become my main isk maker in eve as I use it for belt ratting. I had some incredible luck though , I was warping to a belt on friday and there was a mordus something something sitting in the belt.

Thinking this was similar to the clone soldier transporter ships that normally drop around 18mill in loot, I launched my drones and started shooting at it. Turns out they are a quite a bit stronger and my vexor exploded fairly fast (nobody told me rats can stop you from warping off). Long story short , some eve UNI guys came and helped the second time round and it dropped a orthrus blueprint worth 400mill!

Now that I have some isk I have been trying some solo pvp in the medium and small sites, and even though I haven't killed anybody yet while solo , I got one guy down to 40% structure. This seems to be what the game is about and the blood really starts to flow before once you click that "activate gate" button.

I hate every single way of making isk in this game(that I have found so far), and I have started hating parts of the game because it forces me to to boring crap to fund the PVP which I am loving. Luckily the blueprint isk is going to last for quite some time considering the ships I fly cost between 2-10mill.

TL;DR
I am rich now, I still suck at eve but getting better

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Widestancer posted:

Do I even want to know
A character from Peggle. http://peggle.wikia.com/wiki/Kat_Tut

"Kat Tut is known in certain internet circles as "ironicat" because of his penchant for irony."

Bagu
Mar 20, 2006

Deadclown posted:

I hate every single way of making isk in this game(that I have found so far), and I have started hating parts of the game because it forces me to to boring crap to fund the PVP which I am loving. Luckily the blueprint isk is going to last for quite some time considering the ships I fly cost between 2-10mill.

Is scamming an option for you? Even sov-null's go-to newbie income of farming anamoalies has been nerfed into the ground for the last few years, both directly and indirectly. The only good forms of income left to new players are being good at market fuckery, scamming, and getting blown up if you're in a space-rich alliance that has high enough srp to be profitable.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Bagu posted:

Is scamming an option for you? Even sov-null's go-to newbie income of farming anamoalies has been nerfed into the ground for the last few years, both directly and indirectly. The only good forms of income left to new players are being good at market fuckery, scamming, and getting blown up if you're in a space-rich alliance that has high enough srp to be profitable.

Pretty sure he's in EVE Uni which means no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Widestancer posted:

Do I even want to know

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2079

• Locked thread