Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Sengoku Youko 61

SON PUNCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Shades of "Jealousy of the Outcast Punch!" from Biscuit Hammer in that one, haha.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dang, you know it's serious when Mountain Goddess is impressed.

I just actually swore out loud when I got to the last page

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Spirit Circle 26:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics_read/manga?volume_id=663&chapter_num=26.00

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Is...

Is that Rei?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm 99% sure it's Nono:

Her incarnation in Houtarou's era, but you get the idea.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

New chapter of Sengoku Youko.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That sure escalated quickly!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh...

oh dear.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Oh poo poo! new Spirit Circle!

Reincarnation coming up as a plot point during one of their past lives is cool. The idea of a finite number of souls is quite foreign to me, though.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 30, 2014

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Oh poo poo! new Spirit Circle!

Reincarnation coming up as a plot point during one of their past lives is cool. The idea of a finite number of souls is quite foreign to me, though.

I don't like this line of reasoning since more people are being born every day, more than have ever existed before, which would mean more souls are being created than existed prior. So to think that is a bit weird. He might just be cracking under the monotonous stress.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

Captain Invictus posted:

I don't like this line of reasoning since more people are being born every day, more than have ever existed before, which would mean more souls are being created than existed prior. So to think that is a bit weird. He might just be cracking under the monotonous stress.

"The souls of 10 billion non-living". The theory holds if the number of human souls in this fictional work is limited to 10 billion + however many people actually live outside the tower. After all, we haven't reached the limit yet. :goonsay:

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

The propblem with your logic is that you assume that every existing soul must be incarnated immediately, which would require the total amount of souls to change to reflect the number of the living. However, all the past lives we've seen have been centuries apart and not even in chronological order. So, when someone dies they don't reincarnate immediately, they get their one go at life and might not show up again for centuries. What I'm getting at here is there's always been a fixed number of 10-billion-odd souls that have been rotating in and out so that in different points in time there's a different subset of that same 10 billion on Earth. When the population grows, rather than new souls being born, the same souls are reincarnated more often. Until, of course, the current story arc, where the number of incarnated souls grows so high that everyone has to be incarnated at the same time and no-one can be born anymore since there aren't any more unincarnated souls left.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hosed up if true

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Extra messed up when you consider that this means several of the characters we've grown to know and love over their respective eras are trapped in this era unless... well, you know. Sheesh, what a revelation to have. No path out of this one will be easy, and it's going to be very, very messy.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Munin posted:

Yeah, that was my immediate thought as well.

On a different note. I wonder if his "crime" in this reality will be the shutting down of the tower releasing all the "trapped" spirits within so the cycle of re-incarnation can continue and the balance between the living and the "dead get restored. Lapis not taking it very well. Either that or Lapis doing the same but in that case Fortuna's reference to a "rehash" which is "close" to something he did which Kouko considers a crime or great sin would make little sense.

Welp.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
My guess would be whatever he does accidentally kills designer child somehow too. And/Or, assuming that the lives have been serial rather than this one randomly being a future life, he destroys civilization.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Late night chapter of Sengoku Youko.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's the Tiger guy, isn't it? His fight chapters were so long ago I couldn't even remember whether he had died or something.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Nate RFB posted:

That's the Tiger guy, isn't it? His fight chapters were so long ago I couldn't even remember whether he had died or something.

Yeah it is. drat this is my favorite ongoing manga, I wish it updated more.

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
Yeesss, it's Punchtiger time! :allears:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

So, thanks to Captain Invictus and Randallteal in another thread it looks like The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer is coming to crunchyroll's digital manga service. As of right now, it's not on their site officially, but with a little manual URL entering...
http://www.crunchyroll.com/comics/manga/hoshi-no-samidare-the-lucifer-and-biscuit-hammer/volumes

Not that that affects my pre-order of the physical book in any way, I need to have it on my shelf.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I don't see any translation credits, so I'm assuming that it's the upcoming Seven Seas translation. The first chapter was basically okay. I think the original may have had better comedic timing, but there's plenty of time to improve.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Well crunchyroll is using a different name and cover so my guess is that it's a different translation. I know that for Arpeggio of Blue Steel they both did their own translation.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The translation, fonts, and even the positioning of the translated sound effects is identical to the old jmanga translation. Well, at least for the first 5 volumes since that's all that jmanga released before they died, and therefore all I can use to compare the two. Maybe they had the rest done and sold it to crunchyroll?

edit:
well now it's official
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-868459/manga-announcements-new-catalog-titles
:toot::toot:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 28, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Double posting with the cover for Seven Seas' omnibus:

One month to go.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
What? That's kind of a bad summary. No mention of Yuuhis unwillingness and the princess wanting to destroy the world herself.
Sounds and looks generic.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Hmph, and I bet they won't even translate sound effects like VIZ does. :colbert:

Have to say, I really like that logo, it's pretty rad! :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Losing the Engrish title is a sad but expected loss. Other than that yeah that's a fairly misleading description.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It really should say something about how the Princess has other plans, or how Yuuhi wants to let someone else deal with the whole end of the world thing; some sort of hint about how it actually goes down would have been nice.

I think it looks alright, but I doubt it would get me to grab it off a shelf if I didn't already know about it.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

a kitten posted:

It really should say something about how the Princess has other plans, or how Yuuhi wants to let someone else deal with the whole end of the world thing; some sort of hint about how it actually goes down would have been nice.

I think it looks alright, but I doubt it would get me to grab it off a shelf if I didn't already know about it.

Do you know where that image came from? I only see the front page on their website, and the summary reads a little different (they added a few lines about just that):

quote:

Everything about college student Amamiya Yuuhi is average: grades, looks and his blasé outlook on life. So what happens when he awakens one day to a talking lizard, who informs him that there is a gigantic hammer in outer space, poised to split the Earth into pieces, and requests his allegiance in the fight against the forces of evil? Pretend it never happened! Unfortunately for Yuuhi, a little bit of coercion in the form of a super-powered princess prevents him from returning to his mediocre life-as-usual.

In the adventure of his lifetime, Yuuhi will join forces with the unpredictable princess and seek out a motley crew of companions to fight back against an evil mage and his horrifyingly powerful homunculus before the Biscuit Hammer destroys the planet!

Hopefully they manage to fit the extra bits on the cover because they're really leaving out a distinguishing point that might attract more interest otherwise

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, I thought it was from SevenSeas' twitter, but instead it was someone who tagged them and also retweeted by ACINanime.
https://twitter.com/to_aru_Oni/status/518909297871556608

Although the cover seems to match, that description is waaaaaay better!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
There's a new spirit circle on crunchyroll.

I think "poo poo just hit the fan" sums it up real well

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Most characters with a face have appeared elsewhere; anyone familiar in this new group?

Yesssss, time machines. Let's Steins;Gate this poo poo up. E: The time machine itself is probably hidden in that robot cat, which will send images of our duo's deaths or whatever to Carol in the past which will somehow gently caress things up, uh, even more?

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Oct 10, 2014

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

There's a new spirit circle on crunchyroll.

I think "poo poo just hit the fan" sums it up real well

Him and his drat cliffhangers, I swiped the screen futilely a good handful of times just to see if there was actually more and my tablet was loving up.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

a kitten posted:

Him and his drat cliffhangers, I swiped the screen futilely a good handful of times just to see if there was actually more and my tablet was loving up.

I did the exact same thing, surely it couldn't end there :saddowns:

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!

Nate RFB posted:

Most characters with a face have appeared elsewhere; anyone familiar in this new group?

I think just about all the recurring cast has popped up once already this arc, these all look new to me

Edit: just saw some photos of the physical books on the Seven Seas tumblr, truncated synopsis for the back cover, as seen upthread, is confirmed :sigh:

Epoxy Bulletin fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 13, 2014

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
This current Spirit circle arc might have gone on for longer than the others but it was worth it just for that climax oh boy.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm just glad that MC's brother has finally showed up. He's not present every incarnation, but I'm glad he's actually a character instead of a soulless foil and a caricature that constantly opposes the MC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Let's just check the ol' email here...

quote:

Your Amazon.com order of "Lucifer and the Biscuit..." has shipped!

Your expected delivery date is:
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
:dance: