Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I know about the emote I was wondering about whether the poster is just bad or a forums treasure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

torpedan
Jul 17, 2003
Lets make Uncle Ben proud

Deadclown posted:

I hate every single way of making isk in this game(that I have found so far), and I have started hating parts of the game because it forces me to to boring crap to fund the PVP which I am loving. Luckily the blueprint isk is going to last for quite some time considering the ships I fly cost between 2-10mill.

This is basically EVE in a nutshell.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

blowfish posted:

gently caress ESRI forever, the incoherent pile of bugs called ArcGIS needs a competitor.

Try QGIS :psyboom:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I had to work with that for some GISCorp volunteer work a little while back to get enough points for my GISP and fffffff

God drat there are a lot of GIS/MIS people here which means I have something in common with a lot of goonswarm people

Uh oh

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

darth cookie posted:

Pretty sure he's in EVE Uni which means no.

No, that means he can do it at least once.

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

Deadclown posted:

I hate every single way of making isk in this game(that I have found so far), and I have started hating parts of the game because it forces me to to boring crap to fund the PVP which I am loving.

There is a reason people say that EVE is real life.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

:drat:

Welp, new best post in the thread.

Deadclown
Aug 1, 2014

Schlampa posted:

There is a reason people say that EVE is real life.

My next step is definately going to be just buying pilots licenses and selling them for isk once my blue print isk runs out. It's really not that expensive and with 900 mill isk I can definately PVP for a few months.

Edit : I read up about some scams but I don't see spamming Jita with a fake contract as thrilling either. As I said above though, it doesn't really matter as I'll just pay2win with Pilots licenses when my isk runs dry.

Deadclown fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Oct 6, 2014

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Deadclown posted:

My next step is definately going to be just buying pilots licenses and selling them for isk once my blue print isk runs out. It's really not that expensive and with 900 mill isk I can definately PVP for a few months.

Edit : I read up about some scams but I don't see spamming Jita with a fake contract as thrilling either. As I said above though, it doesn't really matter as I'll just pay2win with Pilots licenses when my isk runs dry.

They're extensions to your license, not completely new ones. That's why they're called Pilot License Extensions (PLEX) and not Pilot Licenses (PL). CCP decided in their wisdom people would start to confuse Pandemic Legion and Pilot Licenses if that were the case. :viggo:

The rest is a good plan, however. CCP needs your money and you need fake money, so all is well. :shepspends:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Libluini posted:

They're extensions to your license, not completely new ones. That's why they're called Pilot License Extensions (PLEX) and not Pilot Licenses (PL). CCP decided in their wisdom people would start to confuse Pandemic Legion and Pilot Licenses if that were the case. :viggo:

The rest is a good plan, however. CCP needs your money and you need fake money, so all is well. :shepspends:

Instead they decided to confuse the Pilot License EXtension (PLEX) with the deadspace complex ('plex).

Eve has a surprising obnoxious number of duplicate terms actually. The other day I ended up in a stupid conversation because buddy and I were thinking of the two different "watch list" features in the game.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

VenusInFurries posted:

The last few pages are even worse than usual. Ullerrm save us.

Hell no, watching this has been amazing.

Amberskin posted:

I used to fly this arty wolf:

I don't really remember the rationale for some of the modules (CPR2? What was I thinking about?) but it worked very well against brawlers and even against some kiters (it killed some slicers with it). Since I haven't flown it for more than a year, I don't know if it would work now.

That is... not a great Wolf fit. The CPR2 was probably for cap stabilities. You can get a lot more out of an arty wolf if you go balls-to-the-wall with 280s:

code:
[Wolf, MWD \ Nano \ 280mm Arty]
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Co-Processor II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Faint Warp Disruptor I

280mm Howitzer Artillery II, Republic Fleet EMP S
[empty high slot]

Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II
There's small tweaks you can do with this -- replace the ambit with a CPU rig, and replace the CPU with a nano -- but this baseline is fantastic.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

CommonShore posted:

Instead they decided to confuse the Pilot License EXtension (PLEX) with the deadspace complex ('plex).

Eve has a surprising obnoxious number of duplicate terms actually. The other day I ended up in a stupid conversation because buddy and I were thinking of the two different "watch list" features in the game.

I just realized two days ago I should not have been adding fleet anchors to my contacts list.

Amberskin
Dec 22, 2013

We come in peace! Legit!

ullerrm posted:

There's small tweaks you can do with this -- replace the ambit with a CPU rig, and replace the CPU with a nano -- but this baseline is fantastic.

I humbly bow before the Real Master.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

ullerrm posted:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

So this article went live. I did the initial tracking on this guy's POS setup in empire. Crius has been amazing for tracking down and punishing people operating in your market.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

mrmcd posted:

I just realized two days ago I should not have been adding fleet anchors to my contacts list.

Set every FC red and send him a contact notification. Do this with every titan you take as well

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

So this article went live. I did the initial tracking on this guy's POS setup in empire. Crius has been amazing for tracking down and punishing people operating in your market.

Oh hey that's the POS I was talking about a few pages back. I've never seen a 35 man HAC fleet with logistics and ewar trying to defend a highsec structure before.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Glory of Arioch posted:

That's a pretty good little story. How much of a difference do teams make to industrial profitability - are they just a nice extra or essential for making any kind of decent profit?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

LemonDrizzle posted:

That's a pretty good little story. How much of a difference do teams make to industrial profitability - are they just a nice extra or essential for making any kind of decent profit?

According to the article. 2.5% reduced cost of POS fuel construction.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Deadclown posted:

It's been awhile so I thought I would give you guys a bit of an update on my eve career so far.

I have trained up into a Vexor as we have quite a few VNI fleets in the UNI low sec campus , and because I can't afford a VNI yet , I fly the cheap version.

The vexor has also become my main isk maker in eve as I use it for belt ratting. I had some incredible luck though , I was warping to a belt on friday and there was a mordus something something sitting in the belt.

Thinking this was similar to the clone soldier transporter ships that normally drop around 18mill in loot, I launched my drones and started shooting at it. Turns out they are a quite a bit stronger and my vexor exploded fairly fast (nobody told me rats can stop you from warping off). Long story short , some eve UNI guys came and helped the second time round and it dropped a orthrus blueprint worth 400mill!

Now that I have some isk I have been trying some solo pvp in the medium and small sites, and even though I haven't killed anybody yet while solo , I got one guy down to 40% structure. This seems to be what the game is about and the blood really starts to flow before once you click that "activate gate" button.

I hate every single way of making isk in this game(that I have found so far), and I have started hating parts of the game because it forces me to to boring crap to fund the PVP which I am loving. Luckily the blueprint isk is going to last for quite some time considering the ships I fly cost between 2-10mill.

TL;DR
I am rich now, I still suck at eve but getting better

I'm glad you're having fun. You'll be sniping punk bitches at 130km with an ishtar in no-time.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Zephyrine posted:

According to the article. 2.5% reduced cost of POS fuel construction.

Plus tears. Don't forget the tears.

pugnax
Oct 10, 2012

Specialization is for insects.

ullerrm posted:

What's your take on the impact of the jump changes? :allears:

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Glory of Arioch posted:

It's too drat easy to avoid assholes like these with a little forsight and planning. Wardec comes down, so does the tower - for one of your corps. More eggs in more baskets by different looking birds and you have rear end in a top hat corps wasting time and money. That alone provides a never ending source of amusement for me.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Deadclown posted:

It's been awhile so I thought I would give you guys a bit of an update on my eve career so far.

I have trained up into a Vexor as we have quite a few VNI fleets in the UNI low sec campus , and because I can't afford a VNI yet , I fly the cheap version.

The vexor has also become my main isk maker in eve as I use it for belt ratting. I had some incredible luck though , I was warping to a belt on friday and there was a mordus something something sitting in the belt.

Thinking this was similar to the clone soldier transporter ships that normally drop around 18mill in loot, I launched my drones and started shooting at it. Turns out they are a quite a bit stronger and my vexor exploded fairly fast (nobody told me rats can stop you from warping off). Long story short , some eve UNI guys came and helped the second time round and it dropped a orthrus blueprint worth 400mill!

Now that I have some isk I have been trying some solo pvp in the medium and small sites, and even though I haven't killed anybody yet while solo , I got one guy down to 40% structure. This seems to be what the game is about and the blood really starts to flow before once you click that "activate gate" button.

TL;DR
I am rich now, I still suck at eve but getting better

Seriously spend 20$ or whatever it costs on a plex. You can fund nearly infinite t1 frigs and cruisers with that money.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

R-Type posted:

It's too drat easy to avoid assholes like these with a little forsight and planning. Wardec comes down, so does the tower - for one of your corps. More eggs in more baskets by different looking birds and you have rear end in a top hat corps wasting time and money. That alone provides a never ending source of amusement for me.

Nope. You can't take down a tower without canceling the builds. You cancel the builds, your inputs are gone. The instant that wardec was issued, the only hope that guy had was to save his tower.

So yeah, I'm guessing you haven't managed to get any amusement, let along a never-ending source, given that you don't know the basic mechanics here.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

ullerrm posted:

That is... not a great Wolf fit. The CPR2 was probably for cap stabilities. You can get a lot more out of an arty wolf if you go balls-to-the-wall with 280s:

code:
[Wolf, MWD \ Nano \ 280mm Arty]
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Co-Processor II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I
Faint Warp Disruptor I

[empty high slot]

Small Projectile Ambit Extension I
Small Projectile Collision Accelerator II

Thanks, I've been looking for an Arty Wolf fit for ages.

The PVP meta for small/medium seems to be centered a lot around EM damage types so I guess there's no real point in putting a tank on it?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bedshaped posted:

Thanks, I've been looking for an Arty Wolf fit for ages.

The PVP meta for small/medium seems to be centered a lot around EM damage types so I guess there's no real point in putting a tank on it?

You know we have an arty wolf on the goonfleet wiki from the Wolf Fleet that saw action in Fountain prior to the debut of Harpyfleet.

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Which wiki are we using? Is it still the old goon wiki or are we supposed to have shifted to confluence?

Because confluence sucks.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
From what I've seen we're not using any wiki because everyone has the feeling that any work they do on the wiki will be wasted when we finally shift to confluence any day year now guys.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
What was the problem with the old Wiki? Everything is out of date, but that can be fixed. At least I could tab search it. gently caress you confluence.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Confluence is stable, last I checked, and we had a team of autists working on migrating all the content from MediaWiki over. Just gotta kill the old wiki and remove the choice.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Just a thing: Read this and tell me, subtle joke by CCP about the now working sleeper reps, or a glimpse of future content?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

Confluence is stable, last I checked, and we had a team of autists working on migrating all the content from MediaWiki over. Just gotta kill the old wiki and remove the choice.

Like Cortez burning his ships

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

No More Heroes posted:

Like Cortez burning his ships

I like this analogy and it works even better if you spread STD's to wipe out the native population afterwards.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=377482&find=unread

Is that how PL fishes for supers?

klf11
Aug 17, 2014

Libluini posted:

Just a thing: Read this and tell me, subtle joke by CCP about the now working sleeper reps, or a glimpse of future content?

to me, that reads like sleepers in empire

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
That could be hilarious. Dead mission runners everywhere.

Zveroboy
Apr 17, 2007

If you take those sheep again I will bury this fucking axe in your skull.
So I resubbed to EVE about 10 days ago (after a nearly 2 year break) and have generally been messing around in Empire getting used to the new stuff.

I'm bored, my friends who were in the little corp we had have all let their subscriptions lapse and with 76 million skill points sat on 9 billion ISK I feel like I really should be back out in nullsec.

So should I join Goonfleet? I just started a new job and with other committments I have no idea how much time I can devote to the game, but I always enjoyed covert ops work in recons and bombers (the Arazu is a ship I love dearly but I've barely ever used it, I still have the very first one I ever bought). Flying a Naglfar in combat was my dream soon after I started in 2007, all I need now is the Captial Projectiles and Citadel Torpedo skills injecting (I can fly a Moros with all equipment as well however).

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

Zveroboy posted:

Flying a Naglfar in combat was my dream soon after I started in 2007, all I need now is the Captial Projectiles and Citadel Torpedo skills injecting (I can fly a Moros with all equipment as well however).

Nag doesn't use missiles any more. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Zveroboy posted:

Flying a Naglfar in combat was my dream soon after I started in 2007, all I need now is the Captial Projectiles and Citadel Torpedo skills injecting (I can fly a Moros with all equipment as well however).

Good news. They removed the missile launcher from the Naglfar so now it only uses Capital Projectiles and it's the nr 1 most popular dreadnought in the game.

• Locked thread