Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Are you really surprised tho'? We are talking about Gaijin after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Yeah, you got me. My optimism in the LF 9's flight model was obv misplaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzewjrFPagQ :iiam:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
The premium spit is well known for having an absolutely bonkers flight model. Is there anything in the game that can outclimb it?

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
It's exactly the same as the normal Spit LF IX.

The Ki-84, K-4 and Bearcat all climb similarly to the Spit, and at much faster speeds so you will catch others when they're lower.

Also I assume YOLO_Swag_420xxx isn't a goon?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Everyone always forgets the I-185 (M-71) when they talk about great climbers. :smith:

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

Heliosicle posted:

Also I assume YOLO_Swag_420xxx isn't a goon?

it is me

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Oh, reapply then.

BBJoey posted:

Everyone always forgets the I-185 (M-71) when they talk about great climbers. :smith:

Mainly because once you're up high you can't actually do much in that plane.

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Oct 6, 2014

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

I hate the American LF IX because most of the people that fly it are skill-less cunts that just run away and climb the moment they don't have an absolute 100% advantage over you. They never even try to dogfight you. Just half-assed bounces followed by 5 minutes of run away and climb, over and over and over.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I never encounter those, most I do encounter are either scrubs who crash their plane ( I do that too with the Spit IX). Or they are easily baited with a lead turn and waste all of their energy in one run. It's a rare thing to encounter anyone who flys this plane smart. Might be because the prem. P51 is a far better plane.

Heliosicle posted:

Oh, reapply then.
Mainly because once you're up high you can't actually do much in that plane.

The I-185 turns like poo poo no matter at which altitude you are. It's a 190 with a red star. And being better at doing more horizontal BnZ things. Though any other :ussr: plane is pretty competitive (once upgraded).

It's hilarious that the easily upgraded D.521 is totally doing fine while being stock.

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

3 events in a row of getting my Zero on. Do they normally group similar events together like this?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's like that in RB, too. Things light on fire comically easy, but it means pretty much nothing unless you start getting repeat crits. Fuel leaks looking the same as smoke trails now only makes things worse.

I kind of dig it. It beats all of that "You're on fire. Either eject now or spend the next two minutes watching your plane burn down." recently, and is ten times better than the pilot sniping a while ago.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I'm enjoying the fact that fires are no longer a death sentence. At the very least you have some time to try and get home, or take someone with you.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Jamfrost posted:

Well, the D.521* has the same stats as the D.520 in Realistic when upgraded with all the relevant mobility parts. In Arcade, the story is a little different.

*not .251

So...what am I supposed to see in this screenshot?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

El Disco posted:

You'll also be able to WEP at 102%, instead of 101% after unlocking this repair/upgrade. :gaijin:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Tank Boy Ken posted:

You'll also be able to WEP at 102%, instead of 101% after unlocking this repair/upgrade. :gaijin:

That still doesn't explain the first screenshot.

Considering all the other Engine throttle upgrades that do literally nothing, you should be happy that you get an extra 2.9HP.

BBJoey posted:

Yeah, you got me. My optimism in the LF 9's flight model was obv misplaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzewjrFPagQ :iiam:

Yeah by the way, plane performance at high altitudes is pretty broken, so nothing is correct up high. Supposedly that's getting helped a bit in 1.43.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

El Disco posted:

Yeah by the way, plane performance at high altitudes is pretty broken, so nothing is correct up high. Supposedly that's getting helped a bit in 1.43.

Are they fixing Ebola and world hunger with 1.43, too?

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

El Disco posted:

That earning the plane is not worth it at all.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Bort Bortles posted:

Are they fixing Ebola and world hunger with 1.43, too?

Well I did say "helped" rather than "fixed." As it says in the preliminary patch notes:

Gaijin posted:

The simulation of piston engines at high altitude has been improved

So I'll be happy if it's just better, rather than the same or worse.

WirelessPillow posted:

That earning the plane is not worth it at all.

That's why I stopped at getting only two levels of the task. I'm not wasting the rest of my time to grind out the rest for a 100% chance at a mediocre plane.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

El Disco posted:

Well I did say "helped" rather than "fixed." As it says in the preliminary patch notes:

I know, I'm just being an rear end because I feel like i have seen a lot about "1.43 will help and/or fix this nagging issue" yet this is Gaijin we are dealing with.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
1.43 will create world peace just look at those loving new axis plane repairbills jesus

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

MrLonghair posted:

1.43 will create world peace just look at those loving new axis plane repairbills jesus

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Please don't joke about that. I felt my blood pressure rise just by looking at it.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Let me calm you with this

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS

Wooper posted:

Let me calm you with this

Goodness, you'd only need just over 47,000 Eagles to purchase that many Silver Lions.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

How much is that in my real money, bitcoins?

edit: I tried to look up but the price in bitcoins just seem to go up Up UP!

Wooper fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Oct 7, 2014

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Wooper posted:

How much is that in my real money, bitcoins?

edit: I tried to look up but the price in bitcoins just seem to go up Up UP!

I just checked, it all crashed down again.

edit: It's at record high!

edit2: It's down again

edit3: Obama is going to ban all bitcoins on Friday, sell sell sell

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

My D.521 review:

It is really bad.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Wooper posted:

My D.521 review:

It is really bad.

How much worse than the D 520? I love that plane.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Wooper posted:

My D.521 review:

It is really bad.

My D.521 review: I killed 20 planes then did not get it so I stopped

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

How much worse than the D 520? I love that plane.

It is the D.520, hth.

e: actually it's 0.3 BR lower so there is actually a slight chance that you won't be shoved into a match of Hokkaido vs Hellcats and B25s but it is very slight!

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

So I'm sure this would have already answered somewhere in this massive thread, but how do I actually load different ammunition into my tank AIRCRAFT? I've researched, and bought the shells, but I cannot seem to consistently have them loaded into my little baby level one tank AIRCRAFT. Whenever I go into battle, I can only load so many of the actual good ones, and am forced to use some of the other, lesser rounds or take an incomplete ammunition load.

Thoughts?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Teledahn posted:

So I'm sure this would have already answered somewhere in this massive thread, but how do I actually load different ammunition into my tank AIRCRAFT? I've researched, and bought the shells, but I cannot seem to consistently have them loaded into my little baby level one tank AIRCRAFT. Whenever I go into battle, I can only load so many of the actual good ones, and am forced to use some of the other, lesser rounds or take an incomplete ammunition load.

Thoughts?

you just pick a belt and you have the ammo. tia

xblackdog
Dec 19, 2013

Organic Lamb Sauce.
Made for angels, by angels.
MC. 202 at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

And 75mm v. P-51

Also I applied to Get In as Funnel_Vision.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Did you just fire a fridge at another plane?

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

xblackdog posted:

And 75mm v. P-51

So, arcade.

xblackdog
Dec 19, 2013

Organic Lamb Sauce.
Made for angels, by angels.

Jamfrost posted:

Did you just fire a fridge at another plane?

More like a frozen turkey. More aerodynamic.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

xblackdog posted:

And 75mm v. P-51

nice 25mb gif dude

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Wooper posted:

My D.521 review:

It is really bad.

It's actually pretty good. Very similar to the earlier 109s. It's just not easy to deal with Hellcats and I-16s.

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Skwee posted:

you just pick a belt and you have the ammo. tia

Through comparing other cannons and ammunition it seems that the tank I was trying to load up can only carry three auto-cannon belts of (each) upgraded ammunition, despite having capacity for fifteen. Balance, I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

What the hell am I supposed to do when I get thrown into jet matches with a prop plane? Sure I can avoid them indefinitely, but killing one is another story. If I try and turn after one he is long gone by the time I am in position. It was pretty frustrating.

• Locked thread