Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
So apparently the Destiny $40 trade in also lets you get the 10% PowerUp Pro bonus. So I got really lucky paying $45 or so for a used copy, playing for a couple weeks and then getting almost $44 back. Maybe it was on a slight sale when I bought it.

So I picked up a copy of The Last of Us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Do you have to have bought destiny at Gamestop for it to apply?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

echronorian posted:

Do you have to have bought destiny at Gamestop for it to apply?
Nope! I brought my copy of Destiny that I bought on SA Mart to GameStop, traded it in and got that much for it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Good to know that I have have no reason to support the ACreed devs with a new purchase and can just get Unity used for dirt cheap in a few months if it ends up being good. What a shame.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I love this.

I'm definitely skipping Unity anyway though. Black Flag is the only one I REALLY got into and I only got about 2/3 into it anyway before feeling done with it. Plus it's Ubisoft, in February it WILL be on sale for $20 at various places.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Reive posted:

It looks as if they took a Silent Hill enemy design and story telling approach and fitted it with RE4 gameplay, one thing I've noticed about all the released info is there are a poo poo load of enemy types, I've counted more in gameplay trailers than there where in any SH or RE game.

All I'm expecting is a third person shooter that relies on a great looking Clive Barker-esque horror motif, if it's anything more than that it'll be a pleasant surprise.
Here's the most recent trailer for anyone interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8g0D44DnQpw

ok I wasn't expecting anything special from that game but between the Keeper fight and the brief glimpse of a giant mechanical spider car chase scene in a big city during daylight I am now probably sold

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Black Flag was the only one I ever played and I thought the non-pirate parts sucked so I won't think twice about skipping this one

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Sometimes I think about getting Twitter just so I can read what this person says.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Black Flag was the only one I ever played and I thought the non-pirate parts sucked so I won't think twice about skipping this one

Same. I played whichever one Brotherhood was as well, and it was alright. Seriously though Shadows of Mordor feels like the assassin game that AC was always trying to be. It has ten times the number of assassinations though and isn't bogged down by armchair history lessons.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nope! I brought my copy of Destiny that I bought on SA Mart to GameStop, traded it in and got that much for it.

Guess I'll pop in after the bank today, since they're right next to each other. It's my..destiny.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

the truth posted:

Sometimes I think about getting Twitter just so I can read what this person says.

:ssh: You don't need Twitter: https://twitter.com/kazhiraiceo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

the truth posted:

You don't need an account. https://twitter.com/kazhiraiceo

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

the truth posted:

Like all parody accounts it gets boring pretty quickly.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

I was kinda looking forward to Unity having not played an AC game since AC2. Oh well not giving Ubisoft any of my money now.

The Bone has basically made itself into that retarded kid at school that no one else was allowed to beat at sports.

Can't wait for Drive Club though. I've not played a decent racing game in forever.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Resolution and frame rate aren't necessarily the biggest deal breaker in the world, but I have a problem supporting these types of business practices. I know that MS probably got pissy about the PS4 resolution patch, but this is something else that will probably create further negative feelings towards their brand if people feel that Ubisoft is intentionally holding back on PS4 in order to make MS feel better about things looking the same. I could be wrong and it could just be that Ubisoft has tried and failed all these months to do it and just can't, but I doubt it. If AC4 could do 1080p (and it was basically a port), I don't understand why it would be difficult to build AC:U with that in mind from the ground up.

Delaio
Jul 14, 2012

EC posted:

I don't actually play online with other people at all, since the wife's PSN account doesn't have PS+, but feel free to join our game if you see me online.

I've seen this posted a few times and it's confusing me, is your wife on a separate PS4 or something? My girlfriends account on my PS4 doesn't have plus but she can still join games and play with people online even if I'm not there for co-op. This works for Diablo and Destiny at least. I was under the impression that PS+ on one account lets all other accounts on that system have access to multiplayer, and that seems to be how it's working for us.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

the truth posted:

Good to know that I have have no reason to support the ACreed devs with a new purchase and can just get Unity used for dirt cheap in a few months if it ends up being good. What a shame.

Ubisoft made my decision for me in that I'm gonna get Unity on PC instead of PS4.

I don't know why. For some reason Unity looks like it might not suck. Plus I had one of the six PCs in the world that apparently could run Watch Dogs with no issues, even though it's not even a particularly good PC.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
No one actually cares if a game runs at 900p vs. 1080p, though. So this is all pointless.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

No one actually cares if a game runs at 900p vs. 1080p, though. So this is all pointless.

Exactly. This wouldn't even be a thing if they hadn't thrown in that line about "avoiding debate".

This is the dumbest gaming PR move I've seen since Microsoft proudly announcing the original Xbox One DRM plan.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Oct 6, 2014

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I don't care if a game runs at 900p vs. 1080p, though. So no one should.

Also it will definitely suck anyway.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Steve2911 posted:

Also it will definitely suck anyway.

every AC game other than 3 has been good hth

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

haveblue posted:

Exactly. This wouldn't even be a thing if they hadn't thrown in that line about "avoiding debate".

Right. The whole "avoiding debate" thing implies that they could bump up the resolution on PS4 but deliberately won't in the interest of parity, and that's what's got people so up in arms. If they had come out and said "Look, we tried and we can't due to (insert reasons here)", it wouldn't really be a big deal. IIRC, Watch Dogs doesn't run at 1080p either.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

IcePhoenix posted:

2k14 has been out for a year, the game coming out tonight is 2k15 and it's going to own

Whoops yeah, I think I got auto-corrected. And yeah agreed, I didn't think I'd be so excited for the same sports game two years in a row.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
"I was going to buy this game on xbox as a christmas present to my son, but then I somehow found out that it only runs at 900p instead of 1080!" *deletes game from amazon cart*

A scenario that happens everyday, probably lol no it doesn't, it only matters on trashdick places like neogaf and kotaku

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

haveblue posted:

Pretty much. I mean sure you try for native resolution, but at the end of the day you do what you can (comedy option: watch it be "we lost all the configs for the 1080p version and we couldn't be arsed") and the user's options are

1) accept it at face value
2) sell it back for $8 three days after opening it and weep like a home-schooled tween as it goes on the used shelf for $45

Sure it would have been nitpicked eventually if they'd said nothing, but everyone would be playing and no one would care. But nope, Ubisoft had to open their dumb mouths and now they're blowing up Twitter for all the wrong reasons.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
from neogaf

also someone make a driveclub thread

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

Pretty much. I mean sure you try for native resolution, but at the end of the day you do what you can (comedy option: watch it be "we lost all the configs for the 1080p version and we couldn't be arsed") and the user's options are

2) sell it back for $8 three days after opening it and weep like a home-schooled tween as it goes on the used shelf for $45

Sure it would have been nitpicked eventually if they'd said nothing, but everyone would be playing and no one would care. But nope, Ubisoft had to open their dumb mouths and now they're blowing up Twitter for all the wrong reasons.

Yeah, I don't even necessarily care about resolution so long as the game is good and runs well, and even I was a little bothered by the announcement and thought about switching from PS4 to PC.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a) Elrond should be saying to destroy the parity

b) thanks for the 40MB embed

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haveblue posted:

I was gonna say. This makes no loving sense and wasted 40 seconds of my valuable life.

Anyway I'm really excited for DriveClub now. The PS+ demo was a stroke of genius, since I wouldn't have given a solitary gently caress about it without it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

haveblue posted:

b) thanks for the 40MB embed

They couldn't even crop the gif right.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Delaio posted:

I've seen this posted a few times and it's confusing me, is your wife on a separate PS4 or something? My girlfriends account on my PS4 doesn't have plus but she can still join games and play with people online even if I'm not there for co-op. This works for Diablo and Destiny at least. I was under the impression that PS+ on one account lets all other accounts on that system have access to multiplayer, and that seems to be how it's working for us.

From what I understood she can't join public games on her account, it even has a prompt saying so when she logs in and joins my game. We leave our game open, though, so occasionally people will join our game and that works fine. Maybe it's because we're both logged in at the same time or something?

I should note that I actually haven't tried joining a public game since we literally just play locally with each other. Hopefully I'm not spreading false information!

PS: Lockemurph if you happen to read this thread, for some reason I get all your Nemesis' in D3 and you always show up for revenge quests in Shadow of Mordor. I feel like I'm video game stalking you.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

from neogaf

I was expecting a joke about PC gaming at the end. disappointment

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Neogaf stil making unfunny rear end gifs. Who knew. Also yeah I was expecting like Gaben to be shown up at the end or something.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sir Unimaginative posted:

in the US at least Gamestop drastically upped all their trade-in values in the past month or two, even though I know you're half-joking. you can get $40 or so in credit (plus 10% extra if you're in their rewards program) from any recent new release. i traded in a couple 3DS games that had been out for over a year (that retail new for $40) and got $20 each for them a few weeks ago. plus they still have the policy they've had for years (but don't really advertise) where you can get a no-questions-asked 100% refund for any used game or or accessory you purchased in the last 7 days (with "I didn't like the game" being a totally acceptable reason for returning it) -- I don't like Gamestop's local monopoly and I don't like the way they incentivize their salespeople, but trading in a new release and getting $44 and then buying a (used) new release for $50 is about as fair as it's gonna get

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Shindragon posted:

Also yeah I was expecting like Gaben to be shown up at the end or something.

It's only 40mb.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It's only 40mb.

That gif wouldn't fit in 32MB of ESRAM.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Winkie01 posted:

from neogaf

Why didn't Elrond just throw the guy into the fire, I mean c'mon

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Harlock posted:

Because getting to be passive aggressive about something for hundreds of years is like, an Elves favorite thing to do

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Harlock posted:

Just have the eagles make the PS4 port.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are there any actually decent games that are cross-platform between PC and PS4? I know that games that do this are insanely rare but I guess it's getting a little more common lately. I did some googling but didn't have any conclusive results besides some Final Fantasy game and Warframe eventually some day.

• Locked thread