Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Unrest is probably your best bet until mid 20s if you want a group. I did 25-35 in highkeep, and while it only took two sessions, I had to take a group there both times. SolA is also great for those levels if you can get people to go there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Probably stay in unrest until 21/22, then off to mistmoore

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
If you get a good group going, unrest can take you to 30 in the fireplace room. Beyond that you could take a group into basement even.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Unrest is an actual viable place to level now that Mrbigs was deleted.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

HEY VAPER posted:

Unrest is an actual viable place to level now that Mrbigs was deleted.

Haha what? I saw him coming in at random the few times I've been there. Luckily he was OOR.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
A day in the life of EQ:

- I logged in and died at a druid ring because I forgot I was KOS there and didn't have gate or sow on my bar, and logged without mana. Most embarrassing way to lose level 47 ever.
- Got in a goon Hole group, but one of the goons got pked after porting into Toxx and was for some reason bound in a spot in LGUK where mobs were. They respawned and died over and over, and I think lost 2 levels.
- Group got to the hole, but our SK summoned their pet and aggroed half the zone resulting in the death of one of our other wizard who was afk.
- We are now trying to rescue the LGUk dude.

Fuckin' EQ man.

Hoppy Goodness
Nov 26, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

A day in the life of EQ:

- I logged in and died at a druid ring because I forgot I was KOS there and didn't have gate or sow on my bar, and logged without mana. Most embarrassing way to lose level 47 ever.
- Got in a goon Hole group, but one of the goons got pked after porting into Toxx and was for some reason bound in a spot in LGUK where mobs were. They respawned and died over and over, and I think lost 2 levels.
- Group got to the hole, but our SK summoned their pet and aggroed half the zone resulting in the death of one of our other wizard who was afk.

Fuckin' EQ man.

Working As Intended (TM)

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Ginette Reno posted:

A day in the life of EQ:

Fuckin' EQ man.

Naeyi is bound at guk, i'll log in and try rezzing whomever death looped.

Never bind yourself in a hostile area folks :cripes:

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

nwin posted:

Haha what? I saw him coming in at random the few times I've been there. Luckily he was OOR.

He was a well known RMTer who easily spend 9 hours a day camping new players in Unrest. The GM's deleted his character the other day, which is kind of a big deal. Hoping LeDuke is next.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

HEY VAPER posted:

He was a well known RMTer who easily spend 9 hours a day camping new players in Unrest. The GM's deleted his character the other day, which is kind of a big deal. Hoping LeDuke is next.

Yeah they popped Leduke too, pretty sure they were both MQing

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Yeah they popped Leduke too, pretty sure they were both MQing

Did they ban Manmade (Leduke's druid) a well?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

http://slamdunkatron.guildlaunch.com/

i guess someone brought up the fact that we're a lovely azreal alt guild without a guild launch. apply to the guild, or something. if someone wants to take more effort than I've put in, i'll figure out how to let that happen

ptothebtothek
Nov 6, 2009

onesixtwo posted:

http://slamdunkatron.guildlaunch.com/

i guess someone brought up the fact that we're a lovely azreal alt guild without a guild launch. apply to the guild, or something. if someone wants to take more effort than I've put in, i'll figure out how to let that happen

Applied. This is Gristling and noticed a lot of people in the guild WTB FBSS. If anyone wants to do Frenzy a few nights this week just let me know. Currently working on some quests but as long as we have a porter it should work out. Currently lvl 47 Pally.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Any guild page we have should be as terrible and low effort as possible. Guildlaunch is perfect unless there's an even worse guild site out there more reminiscent of a late 90s angelfire page. Applied as Bugen.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012

HEY VAPER posted:

Did they ban Manmade (Leduke's druid) a well?

that I do not know

now if only someone would delete Bush

onesixtwo posted:

apply to the guild

done

Xantares
Jul 25, 2006
I just don't know

ptothebtothek posted:

Applied. This is Gristling and noticed a lot of people in the guild WTB FBSS. If anyone wants to do Frenzy a few nights this week just let me know. Currently working on some quests but as long as we have a porter it should work out. Currently lvl 47 Pally.

I'm one of those so I'd be happy to help farm it (Kuraii 50 monk). If I can save the 4-5k pp I'd be thrilled. Worst case I make some experience.

ptothebtothek
Nov 6, 2009

Xantares posted:

I'm one of those so I'd be happy to help farm it (Kuraii 50 monk). If I can save the 4-5k pp I'd be thrilled. Worst case I make some experience.

Exactly my reason. I got lucky and beat you on a roll, doesn't mean I don't want to see everyone get one for free/xp. Anyone familiar with the Aegis of Life quest on P99? I'd like to solo it but according to a lot of old posts on ZAM it was a severe undercon back in the day and able to shred melee no problem. If anyone has done it on blue or red let me know how badass he was.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I'll bring either Naeyi or Yevea to a Frenzied camp. I think we should get a group as nightly as possible down there. It's fantastic XP from mid 40s - 53 so far. Literally no reason why we shouldn't camp it as often as possible. With enough DPS, we can hit arch magus, frenzied, sentinel, cavalier (wis shoulders / sk 2h sells for 2k), and MAYBE lord.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

So who's got a twink they can park in Mistmoore just to kill that gently caress Bush?

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ekeog posted:

So who's got a twink they can park in Mistmoore just to kill that gently caress Bush?

He's a 1 million plat twink with an Oggok Cleaver, so basically nobody on the server.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How does one acquire 1 million plat? Serious question.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Siets posted:

How does one acquire 1 million plat? Serious question.

Emptying out your nihilum buddies' accounts after they've moved on to play Archage?
Paying real money for plat?

Actually, I suspect Bush is probably the dude who snitched on nizzar and got nihilum disbanded. That dude's account was banned, and his warrior was unbanned around the same time Bush showed up. He probably just emptied that gear onto a level 30. It's either that or an Azrael alt, because those are the only two groups of people who have those kind of resources and care so much about making GBS threads up the server.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

HEY VAPER posted:

He's a 1 million plat twink with an Oggok Cleaver, so basically nobody on the server.

Right, what we need are multiple people exclusively on camping Bush's corpse duty. It's a hard job but that's classic EQ for you.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

I Love You! posted:

Calm down I will have the GMs resummon my corpse if i dont have time to log in you silly babies

sick + busy + not at home = rotting body, mourn me until i return

mourning the loss of my hard wood in your hands. but really please come back and get your rotted body summoned so I can have it back if you aren't going to be playing with us anymore :(

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
Yo Rizen, imma let you finish but Smallm had the best yellow text of all time.

Stop going afk on a PvP server :v:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

ptothebtothek posted:

Anyone familiar with the Aegis of Life quest on P99? I'd like to solo it but according to a lot of old posts on ZAM it was a severe undercon back in the day and able to shred melee no problem. If anyone has done it on blue or red let me know how badass he was.

Did it on red months ago.

Aside from the 3 hour spawntime, neither version of grimrot was a problem as a 44 cleric. P99 version is way less buttfucky than live, I remember living grim being super MR. Still an undercon for sure but not as bad as it was. Undead grim is real easy.

Don't forget to boost your faction for turnin or you may become sad/mad.

Also, don't do that quest. I finished it but it kinda killed my interest in P99 overall.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Yo Rizen, imma let you finish but Smallm had the best yellow text of all time.

Stop going afk on a PvP server :v:

After you guys logged he brought another epic druid and stalked me around the game until eventually killing me (both of them were 1 calef from death) and they managed to find my bind point within 5 minutes and bind camped me. Good times.

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
Oh god I wish I had logging turned on, I just RP double-talked Survival long enough to camp out right in front of him

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Hesh Ballantine posted:

Oh god I wish I had logging turned on, I just RP double-talked Survival long enough to camp out right in front of him

pro tier.

By the way, if anyone gets bins camped by Smallmee or fecal or dacbane please let me know. He was given a final warning today to leave us alone or get banned, and I'd really like to see that happen. Even 1 death at your bind and they're banned, all I need is a heads up so I can point the gm's to the pvp leaderboard.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 8, 2014

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

:ohdear: but BILL COSBY

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
Great job on the pvp tonight goons!

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW
By the way if anyone has spare ranger gear you should donate it to our upcoming ranger PK twink LeDunk, so we can make the faydark a safe place to level for new goons!

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Have I mentioned how deeply I loving hate this guy? Welp got 99% to 33 in a Mistmoore group before ~classic~ PK ruined it.

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

ekeog posted:

Have I mentioned how deeply I loving hate this guy? Welp got 99% to 33 in a Mistmoore group before ~classic~ PK ruined it.

Looks like all of the ex nihilum players are bored with whatever game they moved on to and are coming back to poo poo up the server. Bush is a warrior who was unbanned recently, so of course he put everything he had (over 1 million platinum) onto a level 30 to grief mistmoore levelers. It amazes me how many hours they spend making GBS threads up a server they don't even play on.

Bush at least has always taken me up on and actually honored me when I ask him to joust to 40 percent instead of the just pking me, but my SK was decently geared so he probably just wanted a challenge. Lowest I've gotten him is 92 percent.

HEY VAPER fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Oct 8, 2014

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

HEY VAPER posted:

Looks like all of the ex nihilum players are bored with whatever game they moved on to and are coming back to poo poo up the server. Bush is a warrior who was unbanned recently, so of course he put everything he had (over 1 million platinum) onto a level 30 to grief mistmoore levelers. It amazes me how many hours they spend making GBS threads up a server they don't even play on.

Bush at least has always taken me up on and actually honored me when I ask him to joust to 40 percent instead of the just pking me, but my SK was decently geared so he probably just wanted a challenge. Lowest I've gotten him is 92 percent.

idg how we can't gank him with enough cancel magic casts or Pumice Stones. Is it worth a try?

Arakan
May 10, 2008

After some persuasion, Fluttershy finally opens up, and Twilight's more than happy to oblige in doing her best performance as a nice, obedient wolf-puppy.
Cancel magic gets resisted on here I'm pretty sure. All I know is dispel mechanics are hosed up, haven't really tested them fully though.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax
What sort of process do I have to go through to get an old corpse back.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Cool Blue Reason posted:

What sort of process do I have to go through to get an old corpse back.

Probably put in a petition post on the forums

Hesh Ballantine
Feb 13, 2012
If you 20s and 30s dudes are tired of getting Bushwhacked (see what I did) we should head up to HHK and grind on gobbos and guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

Hesh Ballantine posted:

If you 20s and 30s dudes are tired of getting Bushwhacked (see what I did) we should head up to HHK and grind on gobbos and guards.

This is good advice. Also Dalnir.

• Locked thread