Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
I got Sonic Youth, and I just helped someone propose by making mood music happen.

I'm so happy :3: It's also pretty much what I'd probably have if I personally had a stand (I.E. Something to do with sound/music), and it's fast as balls. Also wow, my character flat out called Jotaro a knucklehead when she accepted to go to egypt. That's awesome.

edit: I just realized I am the bard with all of these debuffs. Welp.

Nevileen fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Man, I just got avdoled and now have the job of acquiring a submarine. I am the stand user of Pharaoh Sanders, a phalanx of thirty electric men.

Also, it IS possible to beat Yellow Temperance without using the Joestar Family Technique. He's just got kind of really high defense.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Nevileen
Jan 4, 2008
Last I'll say on this, but I'm honestly impressed with the amount of detail that went into this game. In the Yellow Temprance fight, my character mentions that her stand, sonic youth, is sound based-so yellow temperance can't attach itself to it! And apparently there are specific lines to other stands in fights, which is pretty awesome. This is just such a labor of love, and it shows. :allears:

Edit: oh my god you can take avdol's spot with the hol horse/j. geil thing, and if you're a girl Hol horse freaks the gently caress out. I love this game so much.

Nevileen fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 6, 2014

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I wonder what lines I will get, as my Stand is crazy motherfucker with an axe based.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

spoilers, probably

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

:getin:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

So does anyone know how to mess with the controls in the game? I'm using keyboard, and suddenly the back/menu key switched from x to alt, and I would kind of like to change it back.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just fixed itself I guess.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 6, 2014

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Wish this game would let me pick another stand at the beginning if I want to see the others.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Soulcleaver posted:

Wish this game would let me pick another stand at the beginning if I want to see the others.

Right at the beginning, check the shoe lockers in the school entrance. I think it's near the top left portion and you should find an Invitation Letter. Go back to the town and in the bottom left there's a shop that says Cinderella on it. Enter that building now that you have the Invitation and you can change your stand to whichever one you like.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Thanks mate!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Soulcleaver posted:

Thanks mate!

No problem! Your stand is tied to your personality, (the game will tell you this) so if you change your stand it changes your personality as well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I tried to fight Polenarff myself for the second part of the fight and he killed me before I could even get a move off. :saddowns: Miracles doesn't seem terribly great for soloing. Can get some beastly attacks off if someone else can distract the enemy though.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Wow, not one minute in and the game is owning me.

Does anyone have pictures of all the stands, so far I've only seen the Carpenters, Adam Ant, and Napalm Death, my stand.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wow, not one minute in and the game is owning me.

Does anyone have pictures of all the stands, so far I've only seen the Carpenters, Adam Ant, and Napalm Death, my stand.

http://7thjojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand_Data has a link to every stand and their abilities some have their abilities listed

Ekusukariba fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 6, 2014

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

e:f,b

The translator's tumblr has pictures of all the stands, and the wiki does too. Both places are spoiler free, as long as you don't go wandering around the wiki.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also how do you make the game not on full screen? I don't play rpg maker games much.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

cmykjester posted:

Also how do you make the game not on full screen? I don't play rpg maker games much.

Alt+Enter is the generic windows command. I think f4 is the rpg maker specific key?

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

F4 switches you out of fullscreen, and f5 adjusts the size of the windowed game.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ekusukariba posted:

http://7thjojo.wikia.com/wiki/Stand_Data has a link to every stand and their abilities some have their abilities listed

Aww man Caravan and Specials are so loving cool. All I got was a terrible exploding runes wand.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Aww man Caravan and Specials are so loving cool. All I got was a terrible exploding runes wand.

Don't you be talking poo poo about NAPALM DEATH :black101:, it may be a one-trick pony, but it's good at what it does.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I got Miracles. That's kinda cool.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nahxela posted:

I got Miracles. That's kinda cool.

Same here. I wonder how the rest of you guys are getting through all these fights without Weaken Presence?

This game is really a lot of fun. All the little events with the characters are great, I especially liked walking around with Joseph when he gets all excited about trying different random foods. :3:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Thanks to Joseph my main character has learned how to do Ripple Breathing (because Joseph picked up a book at the book store on how to do Ripple Breathing)

Speedwagon learns it too at level 30. Good going Speedwagon, you finally did it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FirstAidKite posted:

Speedwagon learns it too at level 30. Good going Speedwagon, you finally did it.

Can you imagine Speedwagon posing dramatically while inhaling in the most flamboyant of ways? :allears:

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Same here. I wonder how the rest of you guys are getting through all these fights without Weaken Presence?

This game is really a lot of fun. All the little events with the characters are great, I especially liked walking around with Joseph when he gets all excited about trying different random foods. :3:

Personally I'm just grilling the poo poo out of things with lightning spell (Phoenix Sanders).

And yeah, the game is really well done. I do wish that they had changed up the dialogue for if you take the submarine route. I sound very Avdol in the Cameo fight.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Bifauxnen posted:

After finally making the game not crash,I got Howlin' Wolf, and I'm satisfied with it. I just attack things hard. Very hard. :black101:

Dart
Jan 11, 2012

Instead of playing that RPG I opted to just play Wii Fit Trainer in Super Smash Bros. and defeat my enemies with breathing techniques and poses that harness the power of the sun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Amazing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dart posted:

Instead of playing that RPG I opted to just play Wii Fit Trainer in Super Smash Bros. and defeat my enemies with breathing techniques and poses that harness the power of the sun.

The Wii Fit Trainer would've been a greater ripple master than Jonathan, for sure.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

the spritework really is the best

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Alright doing this with Ocean Blue, let's see how this stupid thing works out.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Random 7th Jojo question, does eating at Tonio's give you stat boosts, or is he just a full heal?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

What level am I supposed to be at by wheel of fortune cause I got destroyed the last time I got there.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Nahxela posted:

Random 7th Jojo question, does eating at Tonio's give you stat boosts, or is he just a full heal?

Tonio's whole deal is that after leaving Japan, you can find him running around like a coked-up squirrel (seriously why does he move so fast) in the various cities you travel to. In Japan he had an actual menu for his sit-down meals, which as far as I know just heal you and don't buff your stats, but when you find him around the world he just fully heals your party's HP and SP for 700 G. His takeout meals are pretty great; his Lamb and Applesauce takeout meal is basically just an Elixir, so if you get the chance to, you should grab a few of those.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Getting the Perverted trait from the goon on the second floor of the school is a very good decision if you like Polnareff.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Ha ha, I beat Forever with Joseph. What's up with the nurse thing there, did I miss a quest? Or is it... foreshadowing?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Simon The Digger posted:

Tonio's whole deal is that after leaving Japan, you can find him running around like a coked-up squirrel (seriously why does he move so fast) in the various cities you travel to. In Japan he had an actual menu for his sit-down meals, which as far as I know just heal you and don't buff your stats, but when you find him around the world he just fully heals your party's HP and SP for 700 G. His takeout meals are pretty great; his Lamb and Applesauce takeout meal is basically just an Elixir, so if you get the chance to, you should grab a few of those.
Ah, gotcha. I didn't try out his food and was slightly wary that I had missed out on some free stat boosts from previous chapters. Good to know that I didn't, and yeah, I saw him in Hong Kong, twitching from one end of the map to another.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Nessus posted:

Ha ha, I beat Forever with Joseph. What's up with the nurse thing there, did I miss a quest? Or is it... foreshadowing?

What happens is shes the user of the green hornets you've been running into. If you went back to the first floor, shes in one of the beds. If you beat her there, the hornets on later maps go away.. Not sure what happens if you don't do that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Nahxela posted:

Ah, gotcha. I didn't try out his food and was slightly wary that I had missed out on some free stat boosts from previous chapters. Good to know that I didn't, and yeah, I saw him in Hong Kong, twitching from one end of the map to another.

There are occasional stat boosts from that

• Locked thread