Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My game went well last night. Thanks Sisko for dropping by. Everyone thought you were a cool dude and welcome to come again.

I won of course because I'm so good at the game and not because my opponents had terrible luck shooting at a redeemer coming right down the middle of the board soaking 3 turns of shooting from bright lances, a huge fire dragon pack and wraith guard. Rolled a level two Liberian (with feel no pain) on biomancy with iron arm and the power that buffs int but he managed to fail every test he took to self buffed and died charging two terminators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

AbusePuppy posted:

From a purely realistic standpoint, the energy necessary to lift them into orbit probably wouldn't be even close to worth the value of whatever materials and construction costs were wrapped up in one, but, well, realism and 40K and all.

Yeah, as you say, the entire 40k conceit pretty much pops like a soap bubble the moment you try to incorporate a realistic, reasonable attitude towards gravity wells. Other things too, of course, but gravity wells are a big one.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PeterWeller posted:

I like to imagine it's something akin to Ork lifta droppa technology- just a big tractor beam gun that sucks expended drop pods back up into the hold of the strike cruiser or battle barge.

That or legions of chapter serfs and servitors equipped with little more than picks and shovels have to go around digging them out of the craters they made and rolling them onto some sort of STC flatbed space truck.

Whatever the process is, I imagine it to be caked in ritual and involve excess risk. This is 40K after all. :v:

Gate of Infinity from space. Half the time they try they bring back demons.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Hey Bulba, or any other 30k nerds.

What do you think of giving a Vigilator a Volkite Charger? I'm thinking this would be pretty sweet as it gives him the potential of 4 rending shots at 15" due to the Sniper rule.

Then he also still has his special ammo bolter for sweet sweet tacticool shenanigans. 30k is rad, suck it 40k dorks.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Moola posted:

What do you think of giving a Vigilator a Volkite Charger? I'm thinking this would be pretty sweet as it gives him the potential of 4 rending shots at 15" due to the Sniper rule.

Then he also still has his special ammo bolter for sweet sweet tacticool shenanigans. 30k is rad, suck it 40k dorks.

Only issue I can see with that is the short range, and that a charger is base S5 and I don't think Sniper can be modified so you would be wounding less often but can rend. Personal preference I guess? If you think its rad then why not.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Sulecrist posted:

I think all Chaos Space Marines should have drop pods. They seem way more vital and also likely to have survived the Long War than, say, Vindicators.

Chaos get dreadclaws, which, if updated to the current rules in 30k, are better than regular drop pods for assault armies.

LingcodKilla posted:

My game went well last night. Thanks Sisko for dropping by. Everyone thought you were a cool dude and welcome to come again.

I won of course because I'm so good at the game and not because my opponents had terrible luck shooting at a redeemer coming right down the middle of the board soaking 3 turns of shooting from bright lances, a huge fire dragon pack and wraith guard. Rolled a level two Liberian (with feel no pain) on biomancy with iron arm and the power that buffs int but he managed to fail every test he took to self buffed and died charging two terminators.

Awwww yiss, I can recognize that brown shag carpet anywhere. Ham on brother :black101:

Moola posted:

Volkites will WTF BBQ anything with a 4+ or worse, so it depends on who you want this guy to be hunting. The best trick I know of with the Vigilator is to take a big squad of assholes with plasma guns and attach him (the recon troops option is a good one). You get preferred enemy, infiltrate 18" away from your target, scout up 6", move up 6", and then rapid fire the unholy poo poo with your BS5 plasma death squad. Also you re-roll all 1s. This is a fun way to ruin the day of any deathstar before it pops all its space wizard magic off.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Brit-hams (especially ones in London), where do you recommend getting slightly more obscure pieces from? I'm getting back into the game after a 15 year hiatus. I've after some Chaos Space Marines Havocs. But they're not in-store at GW, and I can't find them on DarkSphere's website or waylandgame's. Any others I should try, or are there certain pieces one can only get from GW's site (or eBay)?

Milotic fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Oct 5, 2014

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
Havocs are "webstore exclusive" which probably explains it. They're also finecast, if you're into self harming. Are you after the models specifically or just "chaos marine with heavy weapon"?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Milotic posted:

Brit-hams (especially ones in London), where do you recommend getting slightly more obscure pieces from? I'm getting back into the game after a 15 year hiatus. I've after some Chaos Space Marines Havocs. But they're not in-store at GW, and I can't find them on DarkSphere's website or waylandgame's. Any others I should try, or are there certain pieces one can only get from GW's site (or eBay)?

The best Havoc kit is 4 autocannons, so what you do is get a plastic CSM squad and a set of resin legion autocannons from Forge World.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Sykic posted:

Havocs are "webstore exclusive" which probably explains it. They're also finecast, if you're into self harming. Are you after the models specifically or just "chaos marine with heavy weapon"?

I would get a box of devastators or think about going on ebay and finding old metals. If you want to have HB havocs you're ok but until they finally come out with a plastic kit it is marine bits and conversions unless you hunt up the old metals.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Sykic posted:

I'm just after some heavy weapons, since the first game back, my face got pushed in by a wave serpent, and my defiler was on the wrong side of the battlefield. So I figured some Havocs were what the Doctor ordered.

PeterWeller posted:

The best Havoc kit is 4 autocannons, so what you do is get a plastic CSM squad and a set of resin legion autocannons from Forge World.

I was thinking two lascannons, a heavy bolter and a missile launcher. I've been introduced a fairly laid back local group. I'm still finding my way in working out what's considered 'non-friendly', but wouldn't 4 autocannons be considered that?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

Volkites will WTF BBQ anything with a 4+ or worse, so it depends on who you want this guy to be hunting. The best trick I know of with the Vigilator is to take a big squad of assholes with plasma guns and attach him (the recon troops option is a good one). You get preferred enemy, infiltrate 18" away from your target, scout up 6", move up 6", and then rapid fire the unholy poo poo with your BS5 plasma death squad. Also you re-roll all 1s. This is a fun way to ruin the day of any deathstar before it pops all its space wizard magic off.

He's going with a 5 man Seeker squad with combi-meltas; plan is to infiltrate and then scout em into a good position. They just got so many shooting options I love it. 30k best k.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Milotic posted:

I was thinking two lascannons, a heavy bolter and a missile launcher. I've been introduced a fairly laid back local group. I'm still finding my way in working out what's considered 'non-friendly', but wouldn't 4 autocannons be considered that?

If someone's bringing Wave Serpents, you're more than justified to bring autocannon Havocs.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
There's nothing you can do with the CSM dex that can be considered non-friendly.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Milotic posted:

Nah, they aren't overpowered or anything. They just fill a hole in the CSM mix. A mixed squad like you are thinking of will always be compromising its shooting.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

MasterSlowPoke posted:

There's nothing you can do with the CSM dex that can be considered non-friendly.

I've seen someone do some pretty non-friendly things with a CSM codex once. Hitting the other player with it, mainly.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Moola posted:

They use a giant version of one of these attached to their spaceships:

It takes a long time because the claw doesnt actually fit the pods properly, also power armour doesnt have a lot of places to keep spare change, so the tech marines manning the controls keep having to run back to the chapter master to ask for more money for the claw machine.

This is now canon at far as I'm concerned.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I dunno mang, could give someone some nasty paper cuts; its also hardback now so you could probably beat someone pretty hard with it. None of that's friendly IMO.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Exinos posted:

This is now canon at far as I'm concerned.

Congratulations. One of the black library books about the Mechanicus, Priests of Mars i believe, talks about how they collect drop pods after deployment. Its very similar to the claw.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Milotic posted:

Ebay, or call Darksphere. Usually for Web only stuff you can be poo poo out of luck. Though check your PMs as I might have a lead on some.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Thundercloud posted:

Here's a question. I'm putting together my Hellbrute Mayhem Pack, and in return for Deepstriking and It Will Not Die, they go crazed every turn.

I was thinking of going with this.

Hellbrute - 2 fists, heavy flamer, combi bolter - 120
Hellbrute - Reaper autocannon, power scrouge - 115
Hellbrute - Multi-melta, powerfist, heavy flamer - 115

Total 350 points for 3 deepstriking walkers.

Is this a decent list to go for? They can pop armour when they drop in, are likely to rage 2/3 of the time, have shooting weapons for if they don't and to soften up targets.

Here's a question. Do they go crazed on the turn they come in?

I've always played as crazed, it does say every turn. I roll before the deep strike. I personally don't mess around with fancy weapon options. Give them all a multi-melta and power fist with underslung heavy flamer. Gives flexibility and the right crazed roll can be hilariously killy, 6 multi-meltashots and 6 flamer bursts into a target for example.

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

serious gaylord posted:

Congratulations. One of the black library books about the Mechanicus, Priests of Mars i believe, talks about how they collect drop pods after deployment. Its very similar to the claw.

Not just that, I mean techmarines feeding quarters unto the console as a ritual to appease the machine spirit and if they get a pod on the first try there is a chime and the machine dispenses a purity seal.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

BULBASAUR posted:

Chaos get dreadclaws, which, if updated to the current rules in 30k, are better than regular drop pods for assault armies.

I didn't realize those rules got an update. They don't just hover aimlessly for a round anymore?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Milotic posted:

Mixing weapons like that is never a good idea. You generally want every unit in your army to have one job, and if they can do something else, that's cool too. For instance, a Havoc squad with four autocannons can take out vehicles, but have a high enough volume of fire to also try and hit aircraft or infantry. A Havoc squad with four heavy bolters can chew through infantry or occasionally light vehicles. A Havoc squad with say, a lascannon, a missile launcher, and two autocannons will still do well against vehicles, even if the loadout's kinda weird. When you start mixing and matching roles though, you end up with a squad that's bad at everything. It's not unfriendly to take a heavy weapon squad with 4 of the same gun; it's just good sense.

Also, I'm making it my goal to paint 200 models this year. I'm up to 152, and I think if I do a few more hordes of easy to paint poo poo like Genestealers and Cultists I'll get there.

BlackIronHeart posted:

Definitely not, that's just how autocannons looked in 2nd/3rd ed.
Yep, they're autocannons:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You bet. They're now an AV12 flier that automatically comes in on the first turn anywhere you want.

Throw a beatstick Praetor, command squad, or dreadnought into it. Turn 1, deepstrike in anywhere that's 18" away from your target and then move it into a good position for an attack next turn. If it survives past turn 1 (AV12 skimmer with jink) you suddenly have 5-10 angry dudes ready to assault anything inside an 18" bubble. If the target is too far away, you can switch it into zooming mode, fly 18" - 36" ontop of it, survive another turn, and then switch to hover for a turn 3 assault.

A guaranteed charge on turn 2 or 3 practically anywhere on the table isn't too bad for 100 points.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks man . You all seemed like cool duders yourself and I wouldnt mind getting in some games in the near future. Also I've been talking to the guys at Game Kastle Fremont and there will probably be an escalation league on the weekends in the near future so if any of you goons want in let me know. Ill be talking with them to help flesh it out

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

raverrn posted:

I'm going to be hitting a mid-power tournament this weekend, want to get a little advice on this list-

*deletia*

Purifiers combat squaded, Psycannons on the board with the Rhino, special weapons and Incinerators in the 'raven. Deepstriking everything I can turn one, of course.

If you have access to one (or a decent stand-in), consider running an Imperial Bunker in place of the Aegis Line- AV14 is typically going to be better protection than 4+/2+ cover, and you can still get the Comms Array to ensure your units arrive on time.

Definitely give those Dreadknights a second gun- Heavy Incinerator is my preferred, but you could make an argument for the Psilencer. I'm not a fan of the Teleporter, as you can DS in really close already anyways, but that may just be lingering prejudice from its previous incarnation.

Interceptors probably should get a heavy weapon as well. Incinerator is the go-to for them, I think.

The rest of the army seems very... mixed. GK these days rely a lot on dropping a ton of 2+ saves in front of the enemy and trying to alpha strike them out as best they can, but you have a weird mix of things that arrive immediately, stuff that will hang back in reserve, and on-table units, which I think you're gonna find very awkward. Not knowing your local group I can't really say how well you may do with the army, but speaking personally it's not something I would feel great about.

Also, if you are looking to Deep Strike significant numbers of guys, you totally should bring an Inquisitor along. 89pts gets you Terminator Armor, a Psycannon, and three Servo-Skulls (reduce scatter to a single d6 when within 12" of them) and you can sink 30pts more to make him a Psyker if you want. He's allowed to join the GK units when they come in turn 1 and gives you both extra firepower and access to a good warlord table.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"

Finally got to play a game with my recent second hand tank purchases. Turns out that Nids with a walking Tyrant don't have many options when it comes to a wall of AV14. The game ended up a tie though, if only because a Mawloc with one wound left held on to the relic at the very end. A few things I learned:

- Pask in a Punisher is a bullet spitting death machine. The only turn he didn't erase what he was pointing at was the first, when Night Fighting, intervening models and a Venomthrope meant he only did a single wound on the Tyrant. And the 5pts for the dozer blade was well spent. I think I rolled three 1s for difficult terrain.
- Wyverns are awesome, but a bit clunky to actually shoot. I think I did the rules wrong on them too, but oh well.
- A Hydra with nothing in the sky to shoot at is monumentally useless. Good thing it's cheap.
- I should have gone Unbound. Objective Secured doesn't mean much when my only troop choices are a pair of Vet squads in Chimeras, and if there's a horde of mean and nasty bugs incoming, they're not going to drive forward to contest anyway. I had a squadron of a Vanilla Russ and an Eradicator Russ, and twice the Vanilla wouldn't get to shoot anything at all since the Eradicator would kill whatever unit it was aiming at. I would have even preferred to shoot at where the unit used to be and hope for a lucky scatter.

I originally hoped to play at 1850 points, but we ended up playing at 1500, which meant that I cut out the supporting blob of 50 + 25 conscripts and added a few more vehicles instead. It's really weird to cut down your force by eighty models to get under a 350 point reduction.

Unlike my last game, this time my army was also about 80% painted. Painted models roll better! Except for Veterans with plasma guns. Some poor bastard always dies in the first volley, then his buddies toss his burning rear end out the top of the Chimera.

Squifferific fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 6, 2014

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

LingcodKilla posted:

Rolled a level two Liberian (with feel no pain) on biomancy

I prefer to run Sierra Leonians now that theyre rolling on the Nurgle table

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Squifferific posted:

Finally got to play a game with my recent second hand tank purchases. Turns out that Nids with a walking Tyrant don't have many options when it comes to a wall of AV14. The game ended up a tie though, if only because a Mawloc with one wound left held on to the relic at the very end. A few things I learned:

- Pask in a Punisher is a bullet spitting death machine. The only turn he didn't erase what he was pointing at was the first, when Night Fighting, intervening models and a Venomthrope meant he only did a single wound on the Tyrant. And the 5pts for the dozer blade was well spent. I think I rolled three 1s for difficult terrain.
- Wyverns are awesome, but a bit clunky to actually shoot. I think I did the rules wrong on them too, but oh well.
- A Hydra with nothing in the sky to shoot at is monumentally useless. Good thing it's cheap.
- I should have gone Unbound. Objective Secured doesn't mean much when my only troop choices are a pair of Vet squads in Chimeras, and if there's a horde of mean and nasty bugs incoming, they're not going to drive forward to contest anyway. I had a squadron of a Vanilla Russ and an Eradicator Russ, and twice the Vanilla wouldn't get to shoot anything at all since the Eradicator would kill whatever unit it was aiming at. I would have even preferred to shoot at where the unit used to be and hope for a lucky scatter.

I originally hoped to play at 1850 points, but we ended up playing at 1500, which meant that I cut out the supporting blob of 50 + 25 conscripts and added a few more vehicles instead. It's really weird to cut down your force by eighty models to get under a 350 point reduction.

Unlike my last game, this time my army was also about 80% painted. Painted models roll better! Except for Veterans with plasma guns. Some poor bastard always dies in the first volley, then his buddies toss his burning rear end out the top of the Chimera.

Wyverns are loving cumbersome, here is how you fire them

Template 1-roll to scatter, option to reroll as twin linked.

2-4 just scatter dice, flip template as appropriate, can reroll due to twin link

The twin link means you can roll like 8 scatters a shot!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
edit: Quick question.
If GK purifiers are inside a rhino and combat squad into two squads of 2-Psycannon + 3-stormbolter can each half shoot both guns out of the same hatch? Seems like they can to me, though that is 4 guns shooting out of a 2-man hatch.

AbusePuppy posted:

I'm always fine with helping folks come up with list ideas, so don't feel bad about that. :P

I think the core of an IG-primary list is going to be two blobs (40-50 bodies each, depending on points value) led by Yarrick and accompanied by a Priest each and likely a Primaris Psyker as well. Lascannons for firepower are probably the right choice for at least one unit, possibly both; one also probably wants to get kitted with Meltabombs and Power Axes. Your PCS units can either be 4x Flamer (if you have any Vendettas) or Mortar (if you don't.)

If you're bringing SM along, a Librarian could probably replace one of the Primaris (ideally using Mantis Warriors tactic to get access to Divination, but White Scars for HnR is far from a bad plan either)- this could also obviate the need for the Priest if you were really skimping on points. One or three Drop Pods would be the way to go there, depending on what you're looking for- you could run a unit of Tacticals in a Pod for just some distant objective-grabbing, or you could go heavier on that sort of thing and bring two full units plus a Sternguard squad to be some "problem solvers." A Thunderfire is definitely a nice choice there, and remember that IG get the Wyvern as well as the Heavy Quad Mortar (i.e. Thudd Gun) via IA1, which can help support your TFC.

A list with Cypher is something I have considered a lot; I think that it's doable, but tricky. You'd probably want it to be IG+Inq and use Scout (from the Inquisitor, in a squad with Priest and maybe Yarrick) to complement the Infiltrate from sending Cypher along with the other squad- the tricky part is that no one else can accompany Cypher + blob when he sneaks in, so they won't have Fearless or rerolls. But it's potentially doable and for some armies it will be a huge nightmare- but anything that can cut apart Guardsmen en mass in combat is gonna give you a bad day. Definitely stick Flamers on all of those squads to try and cut down on problematic combats.

Thanks for the help. I gave it a shot:

Obviously I could not fit everything I wanted. No primaris psykers, no pask, no cypher.

But this list has a lot of lascanons, and a big CC unit I can march towards something and never get there. I would think about Levitation if it was not in an awful tree for an army so full of anti tank. Prescience + 3 rolls on Div is probably what I will take, and is the reason I decided to get Tiggy instead of white scars.

Ultras can twinlink once. Which should work for my plasma/melta on the drop, my probably combat squared lascannons and correct me if I'm wrong but my thunderfire cannon as well. That seems good, and getting to reroll psychic dice means I can roll 3 for prescience and 1 for the other buffs if I get a bad pool and have a good chance of success. Perfect timing or foreboding will be great on the blob and frees me up for more tactical orders like shoot+run.

I made Tiggy my warlord because his trait is actually kinda useful, maybe. I'll have to march to midfield before I have a shot at using it on my reserve pod.

Oh, and based on your advice on Cypher were you implying that Cypher can infiltrate a squad with him? I know the book forbids a squad who has infiltrate to bring a IC with them, but it didn't say jack about the opposite. If that is possible that seems like a HUGE reason to bring that guy with every blob. You could be on top of the relic turn one.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 6, 2014

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Yeah, ICs with infiltrate can bring a squad with them. Over in Tau, between that and stealth/shrouded passing on to the squad, you should never take Shadowsun in a Stealth team. Instead, have her turn some Crisis suits into Stealth Suits+!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Do you like Battle Reports? Do you like lots of pictures?!

I've made a small Tumblr of a narrative campaign me and a couple of friends are doing. We're a couple of games in, and play every couple of weeks. I just figured you 'hams might like to read our latest pair of Kill Team missions!

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/ahnchronicles

The fluff is fairly tongue in cheek.

(E: Forging the gently caress out of the narrative ITT)

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 6, 2014

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
So if ICs with infiltrate can bring a squad with them... 30k hams, what sick nasty things would you like to park in your opponents backfield?

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 6, 2014

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Lord Twisted posted:

Ebay, or call Darksphere. Usually for Web only stuff you can be poo poo out of luck. Though check your PMs as I might have a lead on some.

Just seen this now (and didn't have platinum, just got it now), but I went and bought them from the gw store after uhming and ahhing about whether to get Obliterators instead. Thanks though, and thanks for the advice everyone. I have 30 cultists with a mark of Tzeentch that I need to paint as well. I'd love for fluff reasons to have a Dark Apostle leading them, but I can't justify either losing a Chaos Lord or a Sorcerer for the spot instead.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Hi I'm BULABASAUR and I'm gay for 30 gay. Here's why you should be to:

30k Conquest Rumors

quote:

No new Legions. They fully intend to use this book as a catch up book and to release basic army lists for Mechanicum and Imperial Army. Eventually they may be Red Booked too.

Full Solar Auxilia army list. But other options will be added to coincide with Battlefield specific forces such as Spireguard Army force and similar at Calth. The great thing about the new Imperial Army Solar Auxilia was the fact they can digitally sculpt one Soldier and subtly repose and not have any duplicates. So this will lead to one master 3d model for most imperial Army forces which they can make many variations there of.

Questoris Knights army list. Including several new Houses with expanded fluff. 3 if I recall.

Tool box to run large Campaigns. Legion Relic weapons and wargear, Loyalist and traitors. Design a sector and fight for it. Your Captain loses an arm; he loses an arm, he gets blessed or finds a relic blade; he gains a relic blade. Would love to have the ability to create an awesome set of characters which we can inevitably lose or die as circumstances dictate. A bit like Necromunda smile.png

Shattered Legion gaming option and rules to use them. This will be a lovely list. I hope being able to mix Legions together is available.

New units for Legions. Talk of a new flier not based on the Storm Eagle chassis.

Something buried beneath Isstvan 5. . . . Will come back. . . . . Or someone. . . This literally has me scratching my head. There was talk of Tomb complexes in Extermination but don't think it is Necrons.

Next: Book 5 (and possibly 6).
Calth, Shadow Crusade, underworld war might be 2 books. Well as my predictions went straight out of the window with it being more Alpha Legion for the Paramar V board and me thinking it would have been Dark Angels and Diamat.
Ultramarines can't be alone though, maybe will see a split conflict. Not sure though.

Dark Mechanicum based on extermination list but darker and early additions.

Ordinatus will be done! They said big vehicles but I don't think a 7 Baneblade tracked vehicle is 28mm to be honest. Forge World are referring to their smaller engines and constructs.

No new Primarch rules yet.

Currently it's a one off book but may be a trilogy.

Might release some more Shoulder Pads for unreleased Legions. This they hear a lot and some gamers may not want to wait much longer. To you that are on the 30k fence waiting; grab another Legion til your first choice comes out, like me I can't wait til the Rout.

No plans for BFG.

No Titans. More Knights though inc some which are new designs. No New Titans in this book but with 3D printing expect to see a few more Titan variants raising their heads from next year.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Huh, Shattered Legions? Rules for further diversifying playing a Legion by having either Loyalist or Traitor-specific rules to represent splits in the Legions that overall turned Traitor?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Either that or the legions that got decimated after the dropsite massacre- Iron Hands, Salamanders, and the Raven Guard.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

BULBASAUR posted:

Either that or the legions that got decimated after the dropsite massacre- Iron Hands, Salamanders, and the Raven Guard.

Or both, since some banded together etc, probably something representing an ad-hoc legion force.

BULBASAUR posted:

So if ICs with infiltrate can bring a squad with them... 30k hams, what sick nasty things would you like to park in your opponents backfield?

Irradiation engine destructors in a triaros since doesn't it extend to the DT?

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

BULBASAUR posted:

Whoa I didn't know this was possible, pretty cool.

Means I could stick a Vigilator in with some Thallax and infiltrate then scout into tank busting range. Noice!

• Locked thread