Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

sticklefifer posted:

ThirteenOranges and Trainwiz mods as far as I know don't conflict at all.

A caveat to this: be careful with Wheels of Lull, as the current BSA has a bunch of bizarre overrides thanks to one of the third-party utilities he was using. Should be fixed in a patch, though.

And what's the deal with people asking other folks to upload their stuff for them? I've seen it several times now and I'm a little confused.

Agents are GO! posted:

I bet it's rrunning out of RAM. How do I increase that again?

SUM has a setting for that, which is the easiest way to go about it. Otherwise you'll have to change Java's memory allocation settings (should be in your Control Panel) which I found to be a pain: seems like it just adores not saving the changes you make arbitrarily, and you have to make doubly sure that Lootification is selecting the correct Java executable since you'll most likely have 32 and 64 versions.

I love these utilities, but they're such a pain in the rear end to get running correctly. :smith: Luckily Wintermyst looks a lot more reasonable than GELO, so that's one less thing to worry about.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Kraven Moorhed posted:

And what's the deal with people asking other folks to upload their stuff for them? I've seen it several times now and I'm a little confused.

Trainwiz is banned from Nexus so other people ask permission to post his mods there.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yep. Trainwiz is not welcome on the Nexus. For some reason however, his mods are (although they're pretty goddamn meta when it comes to insulting the Nexus community).

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Well aren't you just loving special! :p

I bet it's rrunning out of RAM. How do I increase that again?

Edit: does lootification add variants with the new enchantments, or do I need to use the Wintermyst patcher they just released?

If wintermyst adds its new enchantments to vanilla items, like Iron waraxe of myst, and adds those to leveled lists Lootification will pick those up automatically. If it only adds enchantments to new items Lootification won't see them.

SkyProc patchers should try and use up to 1024mb of ram automatically which is about the limit for a 32bit program. Last I heard MO didn't support running 64bit programs so you can't use 64bit java through it. But I've heard that setting javaw.exe (32bit version that is in the launch path in MO) to be large address aware with something like this will let patchers use up to 3gb (though you will need to set them with SUM or on their command line). In theory that change could break things but I haven't heard reports of it actually happening. People politely requesting support for 64bit programs from MO might get him to add it, maybe.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

NiftyBottle posted:

Yeah, for me it just took a super long time. Watched a 45-minute video while it ran in the background, and when the video ended it was done. :shrug:

Oh, yeah, the SkyProc patcher. When I made my post I hadn't used that. The SkyProc module does take like at least 30 minutes to run, yes.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Quick question. If I wanted to go about making a ring that'd make you invisible, how would I go about doing so? I can just about figure making and placing the ring and all that, I'm just not entirely sure how to get the visual and mechanical effect.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

The Iron Rose posted:

Quick question. If I wanted to go about making a ring that'd make you invisible, how would I go about doing so? I can just about figure making and placing the ring and all that, I'm just not entirely sure how to get the visual and mechanical effect.

Try bringing up a potion of invisibility and see what spell or effect it triggers.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Firstborn posted:

Reproccer is dorking my weapon/armor values. I ran the .jar because Immersive Weapons were the vanilla values, and now everything is strange. Things like Iron Gauntlets only being 7 Armor, or the Long Bow being like 9 damage. Is that supposed to be right?

Edit: Ran LOOT, ran the Reproccer again, and I think it's fixed now? I seriously have no frame of reference, now Steel Armor is like 73 armor rating, and most weapons are 18-30. I have no idea if this is the normal amounts for SkyRe. Katana are 2 points less damage than Longswords and weigh more. I'm not sure what the point of those are. Also I can make a Shellbug helmet for some reason at the Forge, and Pickaxes do as much damage as Iron Axes.

Edit2: Should Immersive Weapons and Armor be above or below SkyRe_main?

The second set of numbers sounds basically correct, from what I've experienced. In general weapons get quite a boost and it looks like heavy armor is intended to make you a real beast. The shellbug helmet is something from the DragonBorn DLC, if I'm not mistaken. If you're not sure what the point of a weapon is, it's possible that the swing speed is different or that its particular perks were taken into account when balancing. Maybe. Longswords have a timed blocking thing, Katanas have some kind of boost when you power attack from full stamina.

Also if anyone using SkyRe finds something like a longsword that has 1H swing speed, but 2H damage, can you post about it? I've come across some stuff like that and I have no idea if it's intended or not.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm having fun with SkyRe. The difficulty seems to have dropped off a bit with a few items and perks under my belt, but Mages are still a pain. I really love the new Alteration and Restoration, in particular the Curse that makes spiders explode from a dude you killed is pretty great. I really like the idea of Chastise even if the damage completely sucks. Kind of wish it was better, it fits the paladin theme better than the other stuff. Auras are great, Alteration Weapon Enchants are great.

It's cool that he tried to make Unarmed good, too.

Edit: Oh, and his new thing Perkus Maximus is coming out like Nov. 1. It looks okay, from what little I can see of it. Perk trees are trimmed down and the boring "%n better" perks are mostly gone.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 6, 2014

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Kraven Moorhed posted:

:psyduck: I want so badly to love Wheels of Lull. The voice acting and music are awesome, but the foundry is such an uninspired example of faux-puzzle platforming that I'm probably just going to CoC out and uninstall if I can't console myself past it somehow. Is this normal for his mods?

I haven't played Wheels of Lull, but the prequel, a Morrowind mod known as Sotha Sil Expanded, was a mixed bag. The mod overall was really good, but he claimed combat wouldn't be a major part of the mod. What he didn't say wads that the first "dungeon" was loving LONG and full of combat. I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was an emotionally draining experience to go through it with dwindling resources and no end in sight. Had I known it was so long, I would have brought more supplies, but by the time I reached the main city, Sotha Sil, all but two pieces of my armor were broken (including the armor I picked up in the dungeon to replace the armor I brought in), all of my weapons were either broken or down to a few durability points (including the ones I picked up in the dungeon). It became a struggle to keep my stuff in good repair while strategically running from fights I could have otherwise easily won. I walked into this town looking like a mess. From a role playing perspective, and in serious retrospect, it was kind of funny how it worked out, but at the time I was incredibly frustrated. When I got to the city, everything was great. I could repair and resupply, and wander around at will, doing whatever side quests I chose. I was incredibly relieved, and actually started to enjoy the mod.

His puzzle-making is pretty good, I suppose, but some of them were poorly explained or just annoying (in SSE, one involves opening distantly spaced doors in a certain order while being underwater the entire time). His story writing is great and he definitely has a good sense of how to quests, but his execution isn't perfect. I get the feeling he sometimes forgets that the players don't have the same intimate knowledge of the mod that he does.

If WoL is anything like SSE, I'd say keep going, because the end will be worth it.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 6, 2014

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I've never been much of an RPer in my RPGs but I've installed mods like Frostfall and iNeed for my current playthrough and I'm really enjoying the added level of strategy that they require.

I find myself planning ahead when I decide what route I'm going to take and seeking out inns and camps to warm up/dry off. I keep to a more realistic day/night schedule and will tend to rest up before heading out on a quest in the mornings, and I'm mostly sticking to the southern regions of the map early in my playthrough until I get better equipped to handle the colder parts.

I'm using the STEP:Immersive Survival pack (minus Pumping Iron) as my base, but I substituted in iNeed (and enabled automated eating/drinking) in place of Realistic Needs and Diseases based on recommendations in this thread and I'm glad I did.

I'm not doing much with Hunterborn so far because I tend to not want to spend an entire in-game day processing a moose carcass, but I can see the potential there and the new meat types and recipes are nice to have.

I was concerned that these immersion mods might just make the game tedious to play but I think the mod creators have done a good job of adding depth to the gameplay without just making it a real-life simulator.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
What I do with Hunterborn is just hunt at night so by the time I'm done butchering my quarry, the sun has risen and I'm off on my adventures.

But then I don't have a realistic need for sleep mod so that won't work for you if you do.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I play Hunterborn with all the processing times turned off. I like the stuff it adds but taking all day to skin and process a skeever moves into "too tedious for me" territory. Similarly I shut off all lethality in Frostfall and iNeed. I like the mechanisms being there for roleplaying but visual effects and stat drain are sufficient penalties; dying would just be annoying.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Everything Burrito posted:

I play Hunterborn with all the processing times turned off. I like the stuff it adds but taking all day to skin and process a skeever moves into "too tedious for me" territory. Similarly I shut off all lethality in Frostfall and iNeed. I like the mechanisms being there for roleplaying but visual effects and stat drain are sufficient penalties; dying would just be annoying.

Dying to exposure in Frostfall now has a chance to trigger a cutscene where you're dragged to safety by a follower or random passerby. It's pretty cool.

As for Wheels of Lull, I'm giving it another chance despite the quest glitching the hell out and not letting me kill the Welding Soldier miniboss. Ended up consoling myself the relevant item to progress once I read up on what it was. Then the main boss of the dungeon glitched out too, so I just skipped it and left. If I see another piston/gear obstacle course, though, I'm out.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Buried alive posted:

The shellbug helmet is something from the DragonBorn DLC, if I'm not mistaken.

Close - Dawnguard, and the Shellbug Chitin isn't available until you go to Forgotten Vale.

I'd seen "Shellbug Helmet" way back when I started my most recent run, and thought it was mod-added, then totally forgot about it until I found a Shellbug. :v: Didn't even notice that Solstheim didn't supply me with any of the chitin. :downs:

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

LtSmash posted:

If wintermyst adds its new enchantments to vanilla items, like Iron waraxe of myst, and adds those to leveled lists Lootification will pick those up automatically. If it only adds enchantments to new items Lootification won't see them.

SkyProc patchers should try and use up to 1024mb of ram automatically which is about the limit for a 32bit program. Last I heard MO didn't support running 64bit programs so you can't use 64bit java through it. But I've heard that setting javaw.exe (32bit version that is in the launch path in MO) to be large address aware with something like this will let patchers use up to 3gb (though you will need to set them with SUM or on their command line). In theory that change could break things but I haven't heard reports of it actually happening. People politely requesting support for 64bit programs from MO might get him to add it, maybe.

This advice helped me manage to run my all my weapon and armor mods including Tamriel Armoury through Lootification. Sadly it seems that Wintermyst simply doesn't have the ability to chew through all the new sets of enchantable gear lootification spits out, its been running for three hours now. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tzarnal posted:

This advice helped me manage to run my all my weapon and armor mods including Tamriel Armoury through Lootification. Sadly it seems that Wintermyst simply doesn't have the ability to chew through all the new sets of enchantable gear lootification spits out, its been running for three hours now. If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it.

Crank up the ram available to lootification, see my and LtSmash's recent posts. :)

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Is there a Dark Brotherhood mod like the Thieves Guild and Companions requirements mods? It's the same issue the other guilds have where you do a half dozen missions and are in charge. I can't seem to find one.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Crank up the ram available to lootification, see my and LtSmash's recent posts. :)

Running through MO, I've applied the large adress awareness patch but even so SUM will not successfully launch with more than 1700 MB or ram. And it seems like this 120 odd MB lootification patch is just to big for wintermysts patcher to swallow. I might have to live with only having wintermyst stuff on vanilla gear and enchant it on stuff myself.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Dying to exposure in Frostfall now has a chance to trigger a cutscene where you're dragged to safety by a follower or random passerby. It's pretty cool.

Yeah I just updated the other day so I really need to fix that so those can trigger because that does sound cool. I like that sort of mechanism way more than death, since dying just forces you to reload and replay the last 30 minutes or whatever (and I have enough of that with random CTDs thanks don't need more).

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tzarnal posted:

Running through MO, I've applied the large adress awareness patch but even so SUM will not successfully launch with more than 1700 MB or ram. And it seems like this 120 odd MB lootification patch is just to big for wintermysts patcher to swallow. I might have to live with only having wintermyst stuff on vanilla gear and enchant it on stuff myself.

Actually, lootification seems to have applied Wintermyst enchantments along with the vanilla - open the LLI.esp with TES5Edit and check.

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Is there a way for me to see skill XP gains in a numerical form? I suspect Thunderchild and SkyRe aren't playing together with regard to shouting raising my Speech skill but just looking at the bar isn't really a good way to be sure.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

Not really sure, but Ranger is about on par with Elven so...?

Yeah, looks like Elven is around 36, and ranger is giving 91. Something is definitely hosed. Does the order I install immersive armors and skyre matter? It shouldn't, as long as I run the reproccer and use Loot?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

FadedReality posted:

Is there a Dark Brotherhood mod like the Thieves Guild and Companions requirements mods? It's the same issue the other guilds have where you do a half dozen missions and are in charge. I can't seem to find one.

That would be rather difficult. I mean, the DB is open to people of all classes, so skill requirements would be difficult to pick.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

k-spar posted:

Yeah, looks like Elven is around 36, and ranger is giving 91. Something is definitely hosed. Does the order I install immersive armors and skyre matter? It shouldn't, as long as I run the reproccer and use Loot?

Are you using WAFR and the SkyRe Compatibility and ReProccer Patches? If not, get all that sorted and then try making the ReProccer esp again, deselecting the Post-Reproccer fix esp before doing so.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

k-spar posted:

You'll need the compatibility patches, but as long as you run Loot before Reproccer it should work.

Also, for clarity, I am just looking at the stats in TESEdit, depending on perks and such maybe they can be wildly different (I wouldn't think but stranger things have happened); I don't remember Ranger armor being wildly different (your specific armor values I couldn't attest to, but Reproccer should make it all consistent).

Edit: Yea make sure you're using the right patches etc. WAFR is a good catch and I recommend it; though it shouldn't be necessary I don't think.

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Oct 7, 2014

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Solarflare posted:

Is there a way for me to see skill XP gains in a numerical form? I suspect Thunderchild and SkyRe aren't playing together with regard to shouting raising my Speech skill but just looking at the bar isn't really a good way to be sure.

I know at least one way to increase skills in papyrus doesn't show the chance the change in the bar but its there and the next skill use will update it right.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

Mr. Crow posted:

You'll need the compatibility patches, but as long as you run Loot before Reproccer it should work.

Also, for clarity, I am just looking at the stats in TESEdit, depending on perks and such maybe they can be wildly different (I wouldn't think but stranger things have happened); I don't remember Ranger armor being wildly different (your specific armor values I couldn't attest to, but Reproccer should make it all consistent).

Edit: Yea make sure you're using the right patches etc. WAFR is a good catch and I recommend it; though it shouldn't be necessary I don't think.

I'm using these:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48629/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50343/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28467/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43053/

Not really sure what the issue is. Tried re installing everything and all that it did was change the order of some of the poo poo in the crafting menu (like moved imperial armor into misc instead of faction). I Wish this poo poo wasn't so janky! It's really a lot of fun when it works.

Edit: just realized I'm not using the "unoffical skyrim redone patch from the first link, because it won't download. Could this be what's loving it up?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

k-spar posted:

I'm using these:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/48629/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50343/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28467/
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/43053/

Not really sure what the issue is. Tried re installing everything and all that it did was change the order of some of the poo poo in the crafting menu (like moved imperial armor into misc instead of faction). I Wish this poo poo wasn't so janky! It's really a lot of fun when it works.

Edit: just realized I'm not using the "unoffical skyrim redone patch from the first link, because it won't download. Could this be what's loving it up?

Possibly, I'd use it

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Actually, lootification seems to have applied Wintermyst enchantments along with the vanilla - open the LLI.esp with TES5Edit and check.

Your right it has populated it with Wintermyst enchantments. Well, problem solved. Someone should probably have a talk with EnaiSiaion about that since his mod instructions say:

quote:

Lootification: Run Lootification first to generate item variants with vanilla enchantments, then run the Wintermyst Skyproc Patcher on the output to generate item variants with Wintermyst enchantments.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tzarnal posted:

Your right it has populated it with Wintermyst enchantments. Well, problem solved. Someone should probably have a talk with EnaiSiaion about that since his mod instructions say:

I nominate LtSmash to tell T3ndo (who wrote the patcher) that he spent all that time reinventing the wheel.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Any impressions of Wintermyst? Is it going to work ok with ASIS?

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Burns posted:

Any impressions of Wintermyst? Is it going to work ok with ASIS?

I'm putting off a proper play through skyrim waiting for an Immersive Creatures update. However I tested a few randomly selected enchantments this afternoon and those I played with worked just fine. Only comments I had on them was that the blink distance on the blink enchant was a little short.

I have observed nothing to indicate problems with ASIS. Though I struggle to imagine what those problems could even be provided you exclude Wintermyst from the extra spawns as instructed. If you are using the ASIS Improved INI files I know those have also been updated to account for that (Thanks Agents are GO!).

I've made a post on the nexus about the Lootification skyproc patcher including Wintermyst enchants but so far no response from T3ndo or EnaiSiaion.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Any mods that alphabetizes all containers without requiring SkyUI?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
And while we're on it, can we have a version of SkyUI with crafting?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
No, use SkyUI

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

Gyshall posted:

No, use SkyUI

Okay :smith:

DLC question - if I deactivate a DLC pack, save over a character that used it, and then reactivate it, will everything reappear as it was or will it 'reset' all quests/items? Specifically, if I reactivate Hearthfire, will it clear all homes I've built?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Geoff Zahn posted:

Okay :smith:

DLC question - if I deactivate a DLC pack, save over a character that used it, and then reactivate it, will everything reappear as it was or will it 'reset' all quests/items? Specifically, if I reactivate Hearthfire, will it clear all homes I've built?

Are you wanting it to do that? If so you could use SaveTool to clean the save of Hearthfire.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Buglord

FadedReality posted:

Are you wanting it to do that? If so you could use SaveTool to clean the save of Hearthfire.

Yep, trying to do that. Where do I find SaveTool? Nexus gave me no results.

Edit: Is this it? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363

Fake James fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Geoff Zahn posted:

Yep, trying to do that. Where do I find SaveTool? Nexus gave me no results.

Edit: Is this it? http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363

Sorry, should have linked it. That's the right one. Deactivate the mod in Mod Organizer if you're using it and then you should be able to find Hearthsfire.esm and .esp in the Plugins drop down and then hit delete mod forms.

I used it to remove OBIS and haven't seen any instability or orphaned scripts from doing so.

• Locked thread