Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So, where do ya'll put the odds of a Naruto Kai being made after the end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'd also like to add to that list of unresolved stuff...

What was 'That Jutsu' that Jirayai warned Naruto not to use?

What was the significance of the Akatsuki rings, why did Orochimaru and Deidara place so much importance in them?

What was the point of Sai? He got a big buildup with lots of hints about his shady past being important and then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the comic except show up for group battle scenes.

This stuff likely falls more into the 'story elements that were started but never went anywhere' but it would be awesome if one of them got resolved right at the end.

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

DeadBonesBrook posted:

That was probably the 4-tailed form.

quote:

What was the point of Sai? He got a big buildup with lots of hints about his shady past being important and then proceeded to do nothing for the rest of the comic except show up for group battle scenes.
Sai represents the dry, boring, emotionless hole that was left in the manga following Sasuke's departure from Konoha.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Flytrap posted:

Just play the recent games, they're pretty much that on top of having waaaaay better animation.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I'm pretty sure "that jutsu" was the yaoi harem which almost took out Kaguya.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I'd also like to add to that list of unresolved stuff...

What was the significance of the Akatsuki rings, why did Orochimaru and Deidara place so much importance in them?

This stuff likely falls more into the 'story elements that were started but never went anywhere' but it would be awesome if one of them got resolved right at the end.

Itachi was able to genjustsu people with his ring so maybe something about that?

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme

|Ziggy| posted:

Itachi was able to genjustsu people with his ring so maybe something about that?

I thought the rings were part of the whole tailed beast extraction ritual?

Unambiguous
Aug 17, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Pretty sure we're gonna have to get Naruto GT first.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's gonna be great when the movie happens in 2 months, Naruto is 17, and he's still being voiced by a 42-year old Japanese woman then the dub follows suit.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Beef Waifu posted:

It's gonna be great when the movie happens in 2 months, Naruto is 17, and he's still being voiced by a 42-year old Japanese woman then the dub follows suit.

Son Goku is like in his fifties and he's still voiced by a woman. :colbert:

Timid
Dec 13, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Was Hinata's confession everything ever mentioned again?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DeadBonesBrook posted:

The point of Sai was just to give another example of Naruto's ability to make his enemies into friends. He had no purpose otherwise but he got some slight character development so he made off a lot better than the vast majority of characters in this series.

What was the jutsu the 2nd Hokage taught Sasuke?
What was the purpose of Karin being an Uzumaki?
What was the purpose of Sasuke's chucklehead team of idiots for that matter?
Why didn't the 3rd Hokage do anything once he was revived?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Did anyone ever tell Hiruzen that Jiraiya was dead?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What was the purpose of Karin being an Uzumaki?

Two reasons; to show that Uzumakis were talented at chakra techniques and to show that Orochimaru was researching them

quote:

What was the purpose of Sasuke's chucklehead team of idiots for that matter?

Probably just so Sasuke had someone to talk to during his solo chapters.

quote:

I want to know this too, the 3rd Hokage was pretty much forgotten. :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Did anyone ever tell Hiruzen that Jiraiya was dead?

Did anyone ever tell Hiruzen that Asuma was dead?

desshar
Jun 4, 2011
Since everyone is asking questions, what was the justsu that the first Hokage gave to Sasuke?

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The fact that we never got another monkey summon really bummed me out.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
The people stuck in the gourd are also an unresolved plot element at this point, unless they got out and I missed it.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!

desshar posted:

Since everyone is asking questions, what was the justsu that the first Hokage gave to Sasuke?

I think he just gave him some of his power just like madara took from him and this allowed him to unlock the rinnegan. No idea why only in one eye though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain_duck posted:

I think he just gave him some of his power just like madara took from him and this allowed him to unlock the rinnegan. No idea why only in one eye though.

Didn't the sage do that?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So basically Sasuke wants to be loving Batman, did I get that right?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Asuron posted:

5 more chapters until this trainwreck is over, it's almost hard to believe.

BELIEVE IT!!!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So basically Sasuke wants to be loving Batman, did I get that right?

His plan is closer to becoming Red Hood.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Didn't the sage do that?

Partially correct. Kabuto also helped speed it along by healing him with his weird stomach snake pump that was full of Hashirama protein. :eng101:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Wasn't it rumored that he was going to murder the Sasuke crew (Sasukrew?) almost immediately but the editors made him keep them around?

I actually sort of liked them, if their back stories went somewhere meaningful, they would have been good additions to the cast. Like I dunno, Karin gets over Sasuke, Jugo could have taught Naruto more about his powers and helped set up Sasuke gaining access to that form of chakra, Suigetsu could have joined or helped formed the new swordsmen or something? Instead they all just got stuck in limbo.

Like the rest of the cast, I guess. For all these chapters who has even had an arc?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Did anyone ever tell Hiruzen that Asuma was dead?

I suppose it's pretty symptomatic of how stupid something is when people have concerns over whether or not a dead guy knows his son is also dead.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's okay they'll all meet up in Ninja Heaven and the 3rd will tell Asuma how disappointed he is in him for dying to some religious nutjob ninja.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Naruto is going to close at ~700 chapters, whereas the whole of dragonball, including Z clocks in at 519. Is manga really that long winded and drawn out nowadays?

Triple Elation
Feb 24, 2012

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 + ... = -1

quote:

For all these chapters who has even had an arc?

Well there's Shikamaru, and also, uh...

Definitely Shikamaru though

PIGEOTO
Sep 11, 2007

sharktamer posted:

Naruto is going to close at ~700 chapters, whereas the whole of dragonball, including Z clocks in at 519. Is manga really that long winded and drawn out nowadays?

The ninja war starts at 515. That's roughly 3-4 years ago.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

Like the rest of the cast, I guess. For all these chapters who has even had an arc?

Shikamaru and Gaara. Naruto and Sasuke too i suppose.

A bunch of characters had the start of an arc but no resolution and I think a few had all their character development within the arc they were introduced in, like Sai.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

PIGEOTO posted:

The ninja war starts at 515. That's roughly 3-4 years ago.

3-4 years that took about 1-2 days in Naruto timeline.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

PiedPiper posted:

3-4 years that took about 1-2 days in Naruto timeline.

I wonder if the total running time of the anime for this arc will be longer than that.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Spiderdrake posted:

Neji ended up at the end of an arc when he got speared

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

sharktamer posted:

Yes, it really is. Think back to DBZ and the only time when a large amount of characters was assembled for battle and then all subsequently fought was during Vegeta's first visit to Earth. After that, the series never involved more than 3 or 4 characters at a time who were capable of fighting. You kind of have to thank power creep for that because if DBZ was written today then Tien, Yamcha, Chaozu, and Krillen would all get long, drawn-out fights whenever a big bad showed up instead of just the people capable of fighting toe-to-toe with them (ie the Saiyans). It would also likely have 6-8 more irrelevant Earth fighters who won't play a major role in the plot, but will still consistently get pulled into the story.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

|Ziggy| posted:

Itachi was simply bouncing his magic eyes off of reflective surfaces, to get around people smart enough to not look an Uchiha in the eye.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Shoren posted:

Yes, it really is. Think back to DBZ and the only time when a large amount of characters was assembled for battle and then all subsequently fought was during Vegeta's first visit to Earth. After that, the series never involved more than 3 or 4 characters at a time who were capable of fighting. You kind of have to thank power creep for that because if DBZ was written today then Tien, Yamcha, Chaozu, and Krillen would all get long, drawn-out fights whenever a big bad showed up instead of just the people capable of fighting toe-to-toe with them (ie the Saiyans). It would also likely have 6-8 more irrelevant Earth fighters who won't play a major role in the plot, but will still consistently get pulled into the story.

:goonsay: They also fought the Androids with a large group!

It's funny you should post that, because I was wondering how Naruto and DBZ compare. Was there this much bitching about DBZ when it was running/nearing the end or was the pacing much better? Someone else just posted the chapter difference, which is rather substantial.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

There's a bit of division on whether or not the Buu Arc was any good. Personally, I thought it was awful aside from how it handled Hercule, mainly due to all of the power-ups that came into existence and were made largely irrelevant shortly afterwards (Super Saiyan 3, Fusion, Ultimate Gohan, etc.).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I wonder if the total running time of the anime for this arc will be longer than that.

That'd be like 150 episodes. So probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The people stuck in the gourd are also an unresolved plot element at this point, unless they got out and I missed it.

Hell the gourd and the fan are unresolved points aren't they? I think I remember Tenten having a whole scene involving finding them and keeping them for later. I'm still hoping it's a Chekhov's gourd and Tenten will come out of the waterfall and seal sasuke in the next chapter.

• Locked thread