Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

The Merry Marauder posted:

Gameplay shows manual det frags.

Oh, sweet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
Watching this stream, I'm struck by how hilariously awesome the ragdoll animations are.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
e: wrong video, blarg

The Merry Marauder fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 25, 2014

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
This is significant. Emblem Editor returns. Hooray for more cartoon pictures of woman by people who've never seen one naked!

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/status/515513963312713728/photo/1

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

A Dire Weresloth posted:

This is significant. Emblem Editor returns. Hooray for more cartoon pictures of woman by people who've never seen one naked!

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/status/515513963312713728/photo/1

Leave me alone, I gotta get my rocks off somehow.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Nucka posted:

Leave me alone, I gotta get my rocks off somehow.

I joke, but I really enjoy the emblem creators. Most people are running some bullshit they found on the internet as their emblem, but there are some good ones you see that make it worth dealing with all the badly rendered gorilla dicks.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Batman with a hotdog was pretty good. I wanted to link the giant gallery from the BLOPS2 thread but I can't find it anymore. :/

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

A Dire Weresloth posted:

I joke, but I really enjoy the emblem creators. Most people are running some bullshit they found on the internet as their emblem, but there are some good ones you see that make it worth dealing with all the badly rendered gorilla dicks.

I'd probably rock a youtube tutorial emblem too, given how worthless I am at actual art.
As it is, I like making political statements.

But if I ever found a good Astro Boy emblem on youtube...

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
I was rather proud of mine. Got rid of that weird different-colored part of the shadow in a later edit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
One of mine became a forum avatar and possibly a genital tattoo???

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Gamestop is selling the Bonetroller that comes with the Bone Bundle separately on 9/27. $69

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/pages/events/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-Weekend/default.aspx?cid=eml_10001671

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius
Probably bullshit but sounds like it'd be cool if true. CODOOM.

EDIT - Nevermind, looks like the guy deleted it. Basically it was a rumor that Sledgehammer was going to do Demons/Occult stuff for their special co-op mode.

Shnakepup fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 28, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Shnakepup posted:

At this point I just want survival mode the be the only other game mode. It'd make me so happy to see everyone's hopes deflate.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Fibby Boy posted:

At this point I just want survival mode the be the only other game mode. It'd make me so happy to see everyone's hopes deflate.

As much as I delight in the suffering of insufferable dudebros, The franchise really doesn't need another morale hit after Ghosts. I'm perfectly okay with Survival, but they could really use one more big reveal.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Reveals are cool but I think the best reveal would be the one that comes two weeks after release when you realize they spent the three years making the best campaign and MP they could instead of spreading themselves too thin and this might be a game you can really enjoy for a full year instead of returning it and buying Pokemon X after a week.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Call of Doom: Advanced Wizardfare mode, but save it for CoD:AW2 after they're really nailed down how to make this movement system work in CoD.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

From what I've heard from COD youtubers who have played the multiplayer back when it was revealed, the movement system works really well and it doesn't take much time to get used to it.

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
This brother predicts that morans may be on the decline

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 8, 2015

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, but he also said this:

quote:

However, Bhatia admits that there's a chance Advanced Warfare could beat the odds.

Basically, he admits he doesn't know poo poo, and is hedging to have it both ways.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

hampton posted:

This brother predicts that morans may be on the decline

I'm not sure how Nostradamus here came up with "Franchise Sequel that comes directly after Worst Series Title Ever Made might take a sales hit."

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Good ole Nostradamus, knew the whole drat time, there'd always be an East and West and someone in them fighting.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013

Shnakepup posted:

EDIT - Nevermind, looks like the guy deleted it. Basically it was a rumor that Sledgehammer was going to do Demons/Occult stuff for their special co-op mode.

Confirmed as fake, sadly.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/09/30/hellspawn-has-no-meaning-in-advanced-warfare-confirmed-as-fake/

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/advanced-warfares-multiplayer-makes-cod-fun-again/2300-6421667/

They really need to gimp quickscoping :cripes:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
So what was so bad about the last few CoD games, anyway? I haven't played any since MW2, but the core gameplay of "click mans to shoot them" seems pretty hard to gently caress up.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mymla posted:

So what was so bad about the last few CoD games, anyway? I haven't played any since MW2, but the core gameplay of "click mans to shoot them" seems pretty hard to gently caress up.

Blops 2 had some lag issues and was way less friendly to campers. Also had the target finder which pissed off soooooo many people.

Ghosts was just boring and promoted camping above movement. Plus the few fun things about it got nerfed into the ground because people bitched about them. Also "the uav was overpowered because people would start to set up flanking routes. So we removed it."

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

You can probably double jump and dash to make it harder for snipers to hit you. Its pretty easy to quickscope someone running towards you.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
Weakening the UAV was a good choice from a balance perspective.

It really does offer excellent value, and I never took it off in previous games when I had a choice. Moreover, since it's a common complaint that "pubbies always run Ghost/Assassin," disincentivizing them from doing so, by making the consequences for not doing so less dire, without opening the SP/Jugg can o' worms, was a wise choice.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Merry Marauder posted:

Weakening the UAV was a good choice from a balance perspective.

It really does offer excellent value, and I never took it off in previous games when I had a choice. Moreover, since it's a common complaint that "pubbies always run Ghost/Assassin," disincentivizing them from doing so, by making the consequences for not doing so less dire, without opening the SP/Jugg can o' worms, was a wise choice.

Problem is Off the Grid was still a popular perk and made getting two satcoms out at the same time a waste of time.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

I partially agree. OTG certainly wasn't as ubiquitous as its analogues in previous editions, but Dead Silence was totally essential for most builds.

I think a major limiting factor in SATCOM effectiveness as experienced was the strength of Carl and the Oracle, making it a process to cycle support streaks back to SATCOM. And Ghosts players who ran assault didn't tend to bother with it.

The germ of a well-balanced idea was there. If they were going to stick with two streaks needing to be active for UAV effect and destructable ground units, they should have lasted an extra 15 seconds.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mymla posted:

I can't really place the problem with MW3. I didn't like its TTK or the fact that the MP7 was the God Gun, personally. There was also poo poo like EMP and Stealth Bomber in the support streaks which pissed a lot of people off.

Black Ops 2 was a lot better designed and may be the best CoD multiplayer from a design standpoint in terms of balance, progression, etc., but it wasn't well executed technically. It had some problems with lag comp, spawns, etc. Stuff like Dual Band, Target Finder, Shock Charges made it easy to camp too, even if there were counters for it (and personally, I thought the game encouraged speed more than camping). Nuketown was a problem.

Ghosts failed on pretty much every front. TTK was way too low, gun balance sucked, the game encouraged camping to a ludicrous degree, IEDs, streaks were boring, no incentive to play the objective, aesthetic was washed out and made it hard to see guys. The list goes on.

Fibby Boy posted:

Problem is Off the Grid was still a popular perk and made getting two satcoms out at the same time a waste of time.

What blows me away is that Treyarch totally fixed Ghost in Black Ops 2 and made it the most balanced that particular perk has ever been in the entire series and then in the very next game, IW went "lol nope, back to normal. :downs:"

JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

VJeff posted:

I can't really place the problem with MW3. I didn't like its TTK or the fact that the MP7 was the God Gun, personally. There was also poo poo like EMP and Stealth Bomber in the support streaks which pissed a lot of people off.

The weapon balance in MW3 felt like each of the weapons was designed in total isolation from all of the others. You had the Barret, which had class-leading damage, double the magazine size of the three other high-damage snipers, and, for god-only-knows what reason, a maximum rate of fire that was faster than most SMGs. It was unlocked as soon as you got Create-A-Class. Then at level 22, you unlocked the AS50, which was identical to the Barret, except that it had half the magazine capacity and one-sixth the rate of fire cap. At the other end of the spectrum, you have the AA-12, which needs a full magazine to reliably kill at arms length, and only spawns with two magazines. There were just so many weapons that were just straight up better/worse than their peers.

Plus most of the maps looked and played like rear end.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

it's almost as if the heads of the company were fired and half the team left mid cycle or something; but it was still released to meet a deadline, I dunno :iiam:

Captain Matchbox
Sep 22, 2008

BOP THE STOATS

JackGeneric posted:

The weapon balance in MW3 felt like each of the weapons was designed in total isolation from all of the others. You had the Barret, which had class-leading damage, double the magazine size of the three other high-damage snipers, and, for god-only-knows what reason, a maximum rate of fire that was faster than most SMGs. It was unlocked as soon as you got Create-A-Class. Then at level 22, you unlocked the AS50, which was identical to the Barret, except that it had half the magazine capacity and one-sixth the rate of fire cap. At the other end of the spectrum, you have the AA-12, which needs a full magazine to reliably kill at arms length, and only spawns with two magazines. There were just so many weapons that were just straight up better/worse than their peers.

Plus most of the maps looked and played like rear end.

Gold AA12 was best gun

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
I'm excited. Bitchez

whip
Apr 9, 2007

by Lowtax

all apologies posted:

I'm excited. Bitchez

This. Ready to rack long distance without having to put 500 rounds like in Destiny.

A Dire Weresloth
Dec 4, 2013
One minor question answered: The little scavenger hunt thing going on the CODAW site has class loadouts as revealed info. One of the loadouts has the Parabolic Mic and a Suppressor on at the same time, so those two attachments aren't mutually exclusive.

Undead Muppet
Apr 29, 2007

I'm genuinely curious, when did the definition of quickscoping change from "taking advantage of the glitchy way magnetic aim interacts with having perfect accuracy during the transition between unscoped and scoped aim" to "aiming and and shooting quickly"? Not going to be surprised at all when people start complaining this game is full of "bunny-hoppers" too.

I really have my hopes up for this game. All the preview gamplay has looked really fun. Looking forward to fast-paced arena manshooting after the letdown that is Destiny's competitive MP.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah, that's not quickscoping. Most of those were fully aimed down the sights before firing.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Have watched way too many youtube gameplay videos and am officially hyped for a COD game.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

Undead Muppet posted:

Not going to be surprised at all when people start complaining this game is full of "bunny-hoppers" too.

Have we not played together before cuz I'm pretty sure I complain about "jumping bitches" constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
i complain about halo jumpers fairly frequently

• Locked thread