Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Ignis posted:

Did you recently update your nvidia video drivers? They're causing a bug with CCCP, hence the problem. Try updating to the latest CCCP beta, that should fix it.

goddammit ignis why didn't you tell me this last time people were complaining about it :negative:

e:

Solaris Knight posted:

Of course OT releases Drive when I'm in college.

Still, good on them to keep up that Aesir acceleration.

Did you expect us to wait four years to release? :confused:

On the other hand, since I was about to say something to the effect of don't count on it continuing, perhaps that isn't an unreasonable request. (Hi Jeeg)

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

AzraelNewtype posted:

goddammit ignis why didn't you tell me this last time people were complaining about it :negative:

e:

Did you expect us to wait four years to release? :confused:

On the other hand, since I was about to say something to the effect of don't count on it continuing, perhaps that isn't an unreasonable request. (Hi Jeeg)

Oho, planning to take the Stronger/skyrider release schedule then?

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

AzraelNewtype posted:

I just picked it up from Gust! Blame him for not telling you!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Oho, planning to take the Stronger/skyrider release schedule then?

Good lord no :gonk: All we're doing is yell at the old fart Jeeg to make him finish the last two episodes of Stronger. I assure you that, at the very least, we'll make sure to remind Jeeg often about this. And maybe hell will freeze over someday.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I honestly hope that kid is in the Kamen Rider Gummy commercials every year. I want that kid to grow up with those snacks.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

I honestly hope that kid is in the Kamen Rider Gummy commercials every year. I want that kid to grow up with those snacks.

Keep appearing in the commercials until he's too old for them.

Then he becomes the lead Rider in that year's series, whose gimmick is gummies.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I'd watch that show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

Keep appearing in the commercials until he's too old for them.

Then he becomes the lead Rider in that year's series, whose gimmick is gummies.

Kamen Rider Juicy.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Cernunnos posted:

I'd watch that show.

Waffleman_ posted:

Kamen Rider Juicy.

I was so happy when the Drive version aired. That commercial was seriously one of the best parts about watching Gaim.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Saw Drive, loved it.

Absolute best part was the fighting. They really made good use of the gimmick. The characters seem really bland, but it's the first episode so that's normal.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I'm not quite sold on the tiny cars yet, but that's mostly just the CG not quite matching their ambition. Also, I really hope the numbered MOTWs get more unique designs in the future. But overall Drive looks pretty fun. Won't hold a candle to Gaim though.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

Won't hold a candle to Gaim though.

Don't do thissssss.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

jivjov posted:

It's been literally a single episode.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

jivjov posted:

lol

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
To be fair, Gaim is the first Rider I watched as it went out. Drive may be super cool and awesome, but Gaim will hold that First spot forever. I'll definitely keep an open mind though.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

jivjov posted:

To be fair, Gaim is the first Rider I watched as it went out. Drive may be super cool and awesome, but Gaim will hold that First spot forever. I'll definitely keep an open mind though.

Well you could have done worse. My first one I watched in real time was Kiva.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That first episode was everything I expected it to be (those tiny tiny cars :allears:) and did a good job showing off the new gimmicks and using them. Detective guy isn't as charismatic as Gaku Sano but if he can move fish sausages then everything will be a-okay.

Really digging that theme song, too.

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Well you could have done worse. My first one I watched in real time was Kiva.

oh god

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I haven't watched any Rider since Fourze

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
My first live Rider was Wizard... :negative:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Gaim is what made me a real Kamen Rider fan after finding Kiva disappointing.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

mikeycp posted:

My first live Rider was Wizard... :negative:

I keep forgetting Wizard exists and I'm happy and then I get reminded. :negative:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My first was W and I wish it wasn't.

Because it's perfect obviously.

Drive reminds me a bit of W actually and has the same feel.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

My first live show was OOOs, and while I enjoyed it, I don't have undying love for it or anything. It's a good show, but it has its problems for sure.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
My first live show was Den-O...along with Kabuto.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
First live show, aside from the last one or two episodes of OOO was Wizard, which I disliked. But to be fair at that point I had already seen OOO and (by the end) W and part of Kuuga.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
My first show was Wizard.

This first episode is already way better, mostly because the main rider whose name escapes me has a motive and motif to complete his arc. Unlike Haruto, who is the Goofus of how to write a compelling hero.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Looks like we have our second Rider's belt and bike (which'll combine with Chase's)

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Oct 7, 2014

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Looks like the second rider is kickin' it old school and rocking a scarf.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Mecha Gojira posted:

Looks like the second rider is kickin' it old school and rocking a scarf.

Scarf, Antennae, and a motorcycle? :syoon:

Edit: ok, ok, shove over, make room in the nerd locker, I'll stuff myself in it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Waffleman_ posted:

It's been literally a single episode.

I remember someone going 'Gaim is just disappointing to me so far' after the first loving episode.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

Perigryn posted:

Looks like we have our second Rider's belt and bike (which'll combine with Chase's)

My rudimentary understanding of Japanese tells me that the second Rider's name is Kamen Rider Mach, his belt is the Mach Driver Honoo (Blaze) which uses Signal Bikes instead of Shift Cars to transform, and that his bike is called the Ride Mach, which combines with Mashin Chaser's Ride Chaser to make the Ride Crosser. Also, if you look closely at the second scan, you can see a silhouetted figure of what I'm assuming is Drive's midseason upgrade, Type Dead Heat, which Mach can use as well.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Scarf, Antennae, and a motorcycle? :syoon:

Edit: ok, ok, shove over, make room in the nerd locker, I'll stuff myself in it.

WELCOME BROTHER

Also WELP now I have more investment in Drive.

I'll fully admit, I wasn't too sure HOW I felt about the first episode. The monsters are...odd, but at least they're killing people so hey, and the set up needs to be explained a bit better, but the fighting was good when it wasn't about the gimmicks, a Rider Kick finisher, and the belt doesn't loving sing.

I dislike just how toy-like the toys look this year, specifically the extra cars, they look like they JUST took the toys from the shelf and gave them to the actor, but whatever.

Nothing about it made me hate it exactly, nothing about it made me love it really.

But I'm willing to give it a couple more episodes. See where it takes itself.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

RBX posted:

My first was W and I wish it wasn't.

Because it's perfect obviously.

Drive reminds me a bit of W actually and has the same feel.

I'm in the same boat as you.

I finished W on a friend's recommendation and then watched Movie War Core. Skull is just too loving cool

I'm really hoping Drive does turn out like W. I really am.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Also there's very little chance that Mach is NOT Machine Chaser but I don't think that's confirmed yet.

But like his bike combines with the Mach bike so come on

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It was pretty obvious Chase was turning sides from the time he was shown, so I'm not surprised that what we know of the second Rider points to Chase being him.

That said that's one hell of a Showa look he's sporting from the silhouette alone. I love it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I just hope they don't take the "hitting the main character with a shoe" from W too, I don't know if I can take another as annoying female lead.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Demicol posted:

I just hope they don't take the "hitting the main character with a shoe" from W too, I don't know if I can take another as annoying female lead.

Too late. :ohdear:

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

Demicol posted:

I think they are going for "putting the main character in handcuffs".

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Guys, I keep rewatching the first episode of Drive just so I can listen to Surprise Drive again.

I think I have a problem. :negative:

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Drive may have the most explicitly brutal introduction to the series in a while. The bloody death of Shinnosuke's partner, people getting crushed by giant bowling balls and pins, cities worldwide exploding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I'm confused as to why everyone's concerned about time slowing down and not, you know, monsters.

• Locked thread