Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wake up pond scum the war we started just coughed up another scary bunch of assholes on the other side of the world and we're running out of warehouse space for these damned cruise missles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Wake up pond scum the war we started just coughed up another scary bunch of assholes on the other side of the world and we're running out of warehouse space for these damned cruise missles.

Gotta keep inventories low if we want to adhere to our Just In Time production schedules! Get these missiles out the door! War! Hoorah!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Cythereal posted:

So, have any of the talking heads lost their mind on national television over the Supreme Court decision yet?

None of them are really vehemently anti-gay. They'll do a token shout out to "ignoring the will of the voters" or some poo poo but none of them are that kind of conservative. The only group they are able to muster genuine hatred for is the poor.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I saw this and watched since I am a local in Oklahoma City.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3817849215001/inside-oklahoma-beheading-suspects-mosque/#sp=show-clips

Looks like they found an anonymous white guy to talk about his experiences in the Oklahoma City mosque. Didn't take long for him to bring up :argh: taqiya.

I have been to interfaith services there and my hippy liberal church has the imam over about once a quarter and I can say that I have never experienced any of what this guy is stating. It is convenient that Kelly gives him credit while slamming the mosque for saying, we aren't talking to media.

I am sick at my stomach over the beheading, but I am 100% positive that the mosque in Oklahoma City does not condone his actions nor would they support a western caliphate. If it were true, he wouldn't hide behind a black screen.

I wanna puke.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cythereal posted:

So, have any of the talking heads lost their mind on national television over the Supreme Court decision yet?

Oh man, I may need to turn on my Color TV for once just to see the tears.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/10/06/354053308/supreme-court-won-t-hear-gay-marriage-cases-in-new-term

Supreme Court Won't Hear Gay Marriage Cases In New Term

quote:

The Supreme Court's new term will not include any cases that might decide the issue of same-sex marriage in the U.S., a development that comes after many lower and appeals courts have ruled against states' bans on gay marriage. Advocates on both sides of the issue have been calling for the high court to review the issue and make an official ruling.

The court's refusal of all the petitions related to bans on gay marriage means that the appeals courts' decisions allowing gay marriage can now take effect. They had been on hold pending a potential review by the Supreme Court.

Wow, the Supreme Court ended its streak of being miserable, evil assholes that hate human rights. "Get this poo poo out of here" is a sick burn.

From the :foxnews: front page:

quote:

In Utah, Gov. Gary Herbert said he was "surprised" and "disappointed" by Monday's development. But the Republican governor said that "while I continue to believe that the states do have the right to define marriage and create laws regarding marriage, ultimately we are a nation of laws, and we here in Utah will uphold the law."

:qq: We must recognize the law, can't just disenfranchise queers at will :qq:

:downsrim:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The talk in the SCOTUS thread is that the conservative judges are doing this to stop gay marriage on a national level and are just waiting to take the case when it's more in their favor so while it's nice it's not another 5-4 gently caress YOU it's not exactly the best either.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

What does "more in their favor" mean in this context? Popular support is going to continue to go against them and the longer they wait the more ramifications there will be ending tens of thousands of legal marriages. That doesn't make any sense.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Dirk Pitt posted:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/3817849215001/inside-oklahoma-beheading-suspects-mosque/#sp=show-clips

Looks like they found an anonymous white guy to talk about his experiences in the Oklahoma City mosque. Didn't take long for him to bring up :argh: taqiya.

I have been to interfaith services there and my hippy liberal church has the imam over about once a quarter and I can say that I have never experienced any of what this guy is stating. It is convenient that Kelly gives him credit while slamming the mosque for saying, we aren't talking to media.

I am sick at my stomach over the beheading, but I am 100% positive that the mosque in Oklahoma City does not condone his actions nor would they support a western caliphate. If it were true, he wouldn't hide behind a black screen.

I wanna puke.

Megyn Kelly has had it out for Imam Suhaib Webb after her last attempt to smear him (during the aftermath of the Boston Marathon bombings) led to him inviting her to shave his hobbit-like feet.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

mr. mephistopheles posted:

What does "more in their favor" mean in this context? Popular support is going to continue to go against them and the longer they wait the more ramifications there will be ending tens of thousands of legal marriages. That doesn't make any sense.

Even if that weren't the case, I can't see how it makes any difference. Ruling in favor of marriage equality now doesn't hinder a ruling against it later. We've had the court directly reverse itself before.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

CaptainCarrot posted:

Even if that weren't the case, I can't see how it makes any difference. Ruling in favor of marriage equality now doesn't hinder a ruling against it later. We've had the court directly reverse itself before.

Suppose, for a moment, that the Republicans win big before 2020 and Ginsberg is replaced by a conservative administration, the "moral majority" can try these cases again. If the current Supreme Court took up gay marriage bans, they'd likely find them unconstitutional, putting the nail in that particular coffin. By punting, the Supreme Court leaves the door open for future challenges.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

anonumos posted:

Suppose, for a moment, that the Republicans win big before 2020 and Ginsberg is replaced by a conservative administration, the "moral majority" can try these cases again. If the current Supreme Court took up gay marriage bans, they'd likely find them unconstitutional, putting the nail in that particular coffin. By punting, the Supreme Court leaves the door open for future challenges.

But a single ruling is never guaranteed to be the end. No nails are involved. There is no difference except what precedent is left, and gently caress knows a conservative majority would be happy to toss that aside.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Dirk Pitt posted:

I wanna puke.

I knew something about the whole deal was off when I saw it. The guy gave away too many identifying details and they didn't bother to distort his voice at all. Of loving course my family still bought the whole drat thing.

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
As this was a screenshot retweeted by Josh Marshall I don't have -- nor want -- a link to its origins, but here, have this face. Yes it's that same dirt-dumb dingus who concocted a vote buying scandal in the Mississippi GOP Senate run-off.

fake edit:
Okay, I succumbed. Kind of glad I did. Check this sterling journalism (and general editing):
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/03/benghazi-reporter-kirkpatrick-showed-his-naked-body-to-all-in-college/

The Dingus in Question posted:

A spoof January 22, 1990 article in article in The Daily Princetonian* described “Kinky” Kirkpatrick as having a “rather unusual habit of disrobing for photographers in public places” and reported that he had posed for Playgirl and participated in the Nude Olympics.

The Princetonian article, which also includes some unlikely quotes and mentions a student for whom Princeton has no record, appears to be a fabrication.

Contacted by The Daily Caller, Kirkpatrick said, “I have never been in a Playgirl, Playboy shoot. None of that. No. That’s insane.”

Follow Charles on Twitter

* An earlier version of this article reported claims made in a Princeton student newspaper article that appears to have been fabricated. Kirkpatrick denies the reporting from the Daily Princetonian and The Daily Caller has not been able to confirm it independently.

real edit: whoa this was from many moons ago, wasn't it. Whoops.

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 7, 2014

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

KiteAuraan posted:

I knew something about the whole deal was off when I saw it. The guy gave away too many identifying details and they didn't bother to distort his voice at all. Of loving course my family still bought the whole drat thing.

I happened to be driving during Hannity's radio show yesterday and decided to tune in. He played 'chilling audio' (I don't know where Hannity got a recording of it) where the imam of OKC was talking about how he knows the gentleman who went on fox and lied. About how fox was the only media outfit to disrespect their mosque and force their way in. About how they are being portrayed as villains on fox despite leading the charge in recent community disasters (tornadoes). And how the imam forgives him, and that there are thousands of people who would point by point take apart the guy's claims.

The imam went on to compel the audience to forgive the individual as well. Stating they did their duty as a congregation when he needed money for food and gas. (Normal stuff when a group of people experiences a tragedy)

Hannity actually called that chilling. And his side kick said 'of course the imam has a thousand people who will tear apart his [the guy who spoke to kelly] claims, the imam will kill them if they don't.' I wish I could find a goddamn transcript. His website is so lovely.

I don't want to Godwin too hard here, but this language from the right is getting out of control.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Oct 7, 2014

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

I forget if posting Todd Kincannon is probateable. Probably should be

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
This is why I want to see a Republican led government and house.
Just to see the hosed up things they would do.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

happyhippy posted:

I loooooooooooooovvvvvvvve death

:black101:

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

happyhippy posted:

Or the poo poo they wouldn't do because the establishment GOP can't manage to wrangle the tea partiers. The divided congress recently has done a good job of publicly masking the problems within the GOP because Reince Priebus can always go on a Sunday show blaming Dems in the Senate for the gridlock.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

happyhippy posted:

Indonesia 1965.

King Metal
Jun 15, 2001
I think somebody posted about the Galt's Gulch libertarian paradise in Chile once. Well, I wanted to see if I could go there and touch/smell the poop so I started looking for some news about it. This was the first thing that popped up. I think I'll still drive by and see if it's burned down yet

http://www.vice.com/read/atlas-mugged-922-v21n10

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

quote:

Instead of living in a picturesque valley selling Galt’s Gulch–branded juice, the libertarian founders are accusing one another of being drunks, liars, and sociopaths.

Shocking.

quote:

In December 2013 the Economist published a mostly positive write-up of GGC that claimed Johnson had brought in $1.5 million in sales in Bitcoin alone.

and of course he did.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

happyhippy posted:

I don't. It'd be a global disaster.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

happyhippy posted:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh Dinesh

Here is the photo he linked

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

King Metal posted:

I think somebody posted about the Galt's Gulch libertarian paradise in Chile once. Well, I wanted to see if I could go there and touch/smell the poop so I started looking for some news about it. This was the first thing that popped up. I think I'll still drive by and see if it's burned down yet

Oh my God

quote:

it may be true that some of the founders’ aversion to government-run legal systems and reliance on handshake agreements hurt them—Berwick’s assumption that he owned half of the company with Johnson, though he apparently didn’t have documents that stated as much, seems oddly naïve in hindsight.

quote:

“A con of this magnitude could only have existed in the libertarian community because [Johnson] used their paranoia and distrust of the government to say, ‘Put everything in a trust, I won’t tell anybody who you are, don’t let anyone find out you’re investing, and I prefer you use precious metal or Bitcoins so it can’t be traced,’” Kirley said. “It really worked out well, whether it was intentional or just the perfect storm.”

quote:

Berwick, Kirley, McElroy, and others involved with GGC have accused Johnson of not paying his staff or vendors, of physically assaulting an employee, and of not delivering on his promises to get the land rezoned so people could live on it. They claim that Johnson traveled around with $250,000 of the investors’ money in cash, which he kept in a backpack he’d sometimes leave in his jeep; that he drank in bars and gambled on roulette with their money; that he fed his dog imported salmon; that he may have been involved with scams to sell phony passports; and that he still refuses to disclose the full list of investors in the project.

We don't need the SEC because rational businessmen would demand full disclosure without having to submit to tyranny.

Best part

quote:

Berwick is sticking to his libertarian principals and not taking part in any legal action against his former partner. He’s resigned to taking a heavy loss in this affair

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Libertarian principles didn't fail Berwick; he failed libertarianism :ancap:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Oh Dinesh

Here is the photo he linked

Isn't that guy supposed to be in jail right now?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ReidRansom posted:

Isn't that guy supposed to be in jail right now?

probation lol

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Dirk Pitt posted:

I happened to be driving during Hannity's radio show yesterday and decided to tune in. He played 'chilling audio' (I don't know where Hannity got a recording of it) where the imam of OKC was talking about how he knows the gentleman who went on fox and lied. About how fox was the only media outfit to disrespect their mosque and force their way in. About how they are being portrayed as villains on fox despite leading the charge in recent community disasters (tornadoes). And how the imam forgives him, and that there are thousands of people who would point by point take apart the guy's claims.

The imam went on to compel the audience to forgive the individual as well. Stating they did their duty as a congregation when he needed money for food and gas. (Normal stuff when a group of people experiences a tragedy)

Hannity actually called that chilling. And his side kick said 'of course the imam has a thousand people who will tear apart his [the guy who spoke to kelly] claims, the imam will kill them if they don't.' I wish I could find a goddamn transcript. His website is so lovely.

I don't want to Godwin too hard here, but this language from the right is getting out of control.

Is it :godwin: if they really are Fascists?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
I am kind of disappointed MM didn't capture the whole rant, but this latest one from Master Shake had me giggling http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/10/07/levin-supreme-court-action-on-marriage-equality/201045 :yum:

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Our justice systemthe world loving sucks if you're not rich or famous.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The worst part is that he's on a media tour being beamed out via every conservative news source in existence....about how his freedom of speech is being infringed and the gov't is shutting him up via some giant conspiracy. Completely without irony.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
G Man #1: AHAHAHAHA! We have silenced the true Conservative Patriot with our probation, we can make him pee in a cup whenever we want now!

G Man #2: Sir, despite his probation, he is telling the world about our attempts to silence him! Shall we stop him from saying this?

G Man #1: What? Allah no, that would be a hosed up violation of his rights!

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The worst part is that he's on a media tour being beamed out via every conservative news source in existence....about how his freedom of speech is being infringed and the gov't is shutting him up via some giant conspiracy. Completely without irony.

Yeah, but take heart. Even my diehard Tea Partier dad, who takes the family to go see the guy's movies and didn't even balk when D'Souza used the Patriot Act as evidence that Obama is a Satan-worshiper executing Salinsky's plan to take are freedoms, still thinks Dinesh is being an idiot about the campaign finance violations and that he should shut up and quit blaming Obama for getting caught doing something blatantly illegal.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Skex posted:

Is it :godwin: if they really are Fascists?

As much as I hate to talk about what celebrities are up to, Ben Affleck was right. The Muslim suspicious that permeates parts of our society (even on the 'left') is the modern day "shifty Jew". I would hate to see what would happen if we elected someone who held these beliefs.

Edit: I am pretty loving rustled by this. I like the imam as a person. I hate to see an entire political media smear someone over the actions of a congregant.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 7, 2014

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

King Metal posted:

http://www.vice.com/read/atlas-mugged-922-v21n10

Obviously the problem is that the government got too big.
It needs to be reduced! :haw:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Radish posted:

The talk in the SCOTUS thread is that the conservative judges are doing this to stop gay marriage on a national level and are just waiting to take the case when it's more in their favor so while it's nice it's not another 5-4 gently caress YOU it's not exactly the best either.

This is real dumb. Literally every court right under SCOTUS has been pro gay, not taking the case now means the wave will never stop.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Halfway house.

Which is probably pretty bad for spoiled mooncalfs like him.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is real dumb. Literally every court right under SCOTUS has been pro gay, not taking the case now means the wave will never stop.

Plus if a future SCOTUS is willing to suddenly annul the marriages of hundreds of thousands of people, causing unimaginable chaos in taxes, ownership, child custody, and even peoples' freaking names, I don't think having to overturn a previous ruling on top of it is what's going to make them back down.

It seems like denying cert was the best thing for gay rights anyway. If they'd taken the case, people in those states would have to wait until (probably) the very last day of the session to get married. By denying that, not only did marriages begin yesterday, but there's no way overturning the ban in any future circuit is going to get stayed now that SCOTUS has shown it's not interested in taking appeals about this.

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Eh whatever. If it works out for the best, great. I just don't have a lot of faith in this SCOTUS doing the right thing but I guess even they can do something decent once in a while.