Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!
Just updated to the new version and while I like a lot of the UI changes to the menus, I can't actually play a game right now. Tried challenging the AI to a game twice and it just hung there with an empty battlefield and me unable to do anything. Maybe a re-patch would fix it, and maybe it's my machine being too slow, but that was certainly not a favorable first impression of the new client for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

You did download the new patcher, right? Not sure if the old one would download new stuff and then break or just not work at all.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

They were doing periodic resets throughout the weekend, my guess is that he got on either directly before one, or when it was in dire need of one.

Sacrificial Toast posted:

You did download the new patcher, right? Not sure if the old one would download new stuff and then break or just not work at all.

It would straight up not work at all.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

The long national nightmare is over, the lag begins.

http://twitch.tv/lightreaper

(Drafts are back baby)

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Managed to get into a draft this morning before they cut them off again. Got some weird graphics issues and some lag, but eventually got to play. Made the 2nd round and picked up a primal for my efforts. Unfortunately the best cards in it were Ozawa and Mastery of Time. And of course Midnight Shepherd, because I get one every time. God I hope they become a hot commodity some day.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

WayAbvPar posted:

And of course Midnight Shepherd, because I get one every time. God I hope they become a hot commodity some day.
As soon as they print a card that grants speed that doesn't have insane threshold requirements.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

LightReaper posted:

As soon as they print a card that grants speed that doesn't have insane threshold requirements.

Lord Alexander?

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Zurai posted:

Lord Alexander?
3 cost, wouldn't affect Midnight Shepherd.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

LightReaper posted:

3 cost, wouldn't affect Midnight Shepherd.

Oh, I didn't realize you meant speed for the Shepherd itself.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Zurai posted:

Oh, I didn't realize you meant speed for the Shepherd itself.
Yeah, the thing that's holding Shepherd back is the ability to replace itself, as far as I can tell. If I can guarantee an opponent's buccaneer, or my own corpse fly, or any number of great enters play cards then it's a much safer inclusion than it is currently. I currently only run one in main deck as I essentially have to exhaust my opponents resources before I can feel safe resolving one.

revengeanceful
Sep 27, 2006

Glory, glory Man United!

Go RV! posted:

They were doing periodic resets throughout the weekend, my guess is that he got on either directly before one, or when it was in dire need of one.
I'm not sure that that's my issue. Here's a screenshot of what the game looks like when I manage to get into one:

You can just barely see the bottom of my opponent's champion charge thing at the top of the screen. It seems like there's one for me floating somewhere down below the bottom of the screen. It just sits at this screen and doesn't let me do anything. I'll try repairing the patch and see if anything changes, just wanted to show exactly what's going on.

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
Drafting is back up. (for now anyways,let's hope it lasts)

edit - Well so much for that,I got to play in 1 draft and now they locked tournaments again,what a loving joke.

crazy8 fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 9, 2014

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I just drafted a deck, waiting for the first game to fire now. Anyone else getting the small row of cards over the top of the regular sized cards in tourney? Like this?

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
I drafted once successfully, and once it bugged out like nutters and didn't let me into the game until pick 34. I almost won my first round!

Speaking of loving jokes, you can't use the mouse wheel to scroll in windows. Seriously? This is why we waited like 6 extra months for content?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I remember when this thread was really excited because we were getting all the set 2 spoilers. I wish they had just continued with releasing that rather than trying to reinvent wheels in the client. :smith:

Say this for them, though, their new-client bugs aren't necessarily any more horrible than what Wizards does on MTGO with a billion times more resources. :v:

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.
It was kind of a gut-punch when the "Set 2 in August!" became "Set 2 in October?"

Their programming skills/resources are just not there. I mean come on, no excuse for no mouse wheel support. This isn't 1995.

It's a good thing they are really excellent at card games. This game is fun, and I'm still excited for it. I just need to mentally prepare myself: Any new content comes with 1 month of game breaking bugs.

Edit: The new pass buttons on the left are fantastic. So there is some good here.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

JerryLee posted:

I remember when this thread was really excited because we were getting all the set 2 spoilers. I wish they had just continued with releasing that rather than trying to reinvent wheels in the client. :smith:

Say this for them, though, their new-client bugs aren't necessarily any more horrible than what Wizards does on MTGO with a billion times more resources. :v:
In fairness, it was more than just a UI overhaul, it's using a completely different build of unity. Now take this with a pinch of salt but after speaking to my game developer buddy who's recently made the jump with his team it's said to make a lot of the UI development and maintenance a great deal easier. It's my understanding that there's a huge amount of teething issues as a result of this changeover but it should make future development work easier.

Edit: I miss having a Cryptozoic guy posting in the thread :(

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Afgad posted:

It was kind of a gut-punch when the "Set 2 in August!" became "Set 2 in October?"

Stop expecting things. They'll get here when they get here. They're doing what they can, and it's slower than EVERYONE would like, so just relax and allow them to do things. No amount of hand-wringing will make it go faster. It'll get there, and when it drops, it'll be awesome.

JerryLee posted:

Seriously though, this.

e: Undefeated decklists from the VIP stuff is up.
https://hextcg.com/september-vip-undefeated-decklists/

I would have been on this list had my deck not decided not to draw any Life Siphons the entire first game :argh:

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 10, 2014

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
The Killapede is like probably my favorite name for a monster in quite a while.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-the-killipede/

Seems neat, and they're doing that thing where they one-off flavor a rules status, which pisses off all the rules nerds while simultaneously being awesome.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

This goes straight into a deck with Lord Alexander. Goddamn that's a card I am all about.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
That looks awesome and somehow the name is even better than Tectonic Megahulk!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

My only objection is flavor–it's The Killipede, but it isn't unique.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Zurai posted:

My only objection is flavor–it's The Killipede, but it isn't unique.

The Killipede is so long that multiple copies just represents that you're seeing more of it than the usual end that bursts out of the ground to eat you.

All of it is toxic, obviously.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Another Set 2 spoiler appears;

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Das a good card right there. Gonna be hard to get it out early when it matters, though. Ideally turn four(or faster).

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Clearly the Breeding Pit / Cinder Army control deck will dominate the Set 2 meta, only to be defeated by quad Determined Zombies in the finals of a major tournament.

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat
wow, that card stacking with itself will prove to be rather nuts.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
Oooooh poo poo, I totally missed that.

That's amazing.

Seems like that makes some sort of R/W ramp deck a lot more feasible, if you ramp that out before they extinction, who cares about extinction? Infinite dudes forever.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Sigma-X posted:

Oooooh poo poo, I totally missed that.

That's amazing.

Seems like that makes some sort of R/W ramp deck a lot more feasible, if you ramp that out before they extinction, who cares about extinction? Infinite dudes forever.

My first thought was to run Sapphire for its utility dudes and counters to protect it.

I wonder if the tunneling resource booster guy would be viable for this.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Another one, spoiled by HexedHavoc:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

God drat those are some insane finishers. I can see my Wild/Ruby ramp deck will have another big card to ramp into on turn 3. The problem for that deck would be priming the pump by getting a creature dead.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

One more from Hacky, and it's not a huge expensive bomb this time.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Somehow, somewhere down the line, this will be banned or become a stable meta piece. You don't simply make a turn one mox.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Ramos posted:

Somehow, somewhere down the line, this will be banned or become a stable meta piece. You don't simply make a turn one mox.

Dwarf or artifact requirement makes it bit less prone to abuse imo. Now if in the future there are better tutoring cards, then yes this becomes ridiculous for all decks.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Ramos posted:

It's a less good Chrome Mox. Don't see the issue. :shrug:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Mikujin posted:

It's a less good Chrome Mox. Don't see the issue. :shrug:

Less good Chrome Mox is still potentially a really loving good card. If this doesn't get played, it will be because the dwarves/robots deck doesn't exist or has no use for an accelerator like this, not because the card itself is in any way weak.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Hmm. Now I'm thinking of a B/R deck with Hideous Conversion, Darkspire guys, Minion of Yazukan, Necrophage Sensei, Army of the Arcane Cinder, etc. Need to figure out some more ruby cards for it but I think there's a good core there.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

JerryLee posted:

Less good Chrome Mox is still potentially a really loving good card. If this doesn't get played, it will be because the dwarves/robots deck doesn't exist or has no use for an accelerator like this, not because the card itself is in any way weak.
I didn't say it was weak. I said it's a worse Chrome Mox - and it is, because it doesn't produce any color, just +1/0 whatever you have, and because it has a more strict requirement to go off.

Given that there's no strong Dwarves/Robots deck right now, we'll probably still need to see some better Dwarves/'bots cards spoiled before it's really that good.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I might have misinterpreted you, then. 'Don't see the issue' sounded to me like you were dismissing the potential of the card. Maybe I'm just oversensitive to goon card evaluation, in which case mea culpa :frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

JerryLee posted:

I might have misinterpreted you, then. 'Don't see the issue' sounded to me like you were dismissing the potential of the card. Maybe I'm just oversensitive to goon card evaluation, in which case mea culpa :frogbon:
S'all good. As a goon who frequents the MTG thread I also understand all-to-well the amount of vitriol that can be stirred up over the simplest remarks. Does Forge have the potential to be busted? Absolutely - free and/or extremely mana sources often go that way. Will that potential be realized by the end of set 2? Certainly remains to be seen, but knowing what we know of set 1 there doesn't seem to be much for it to go in (yet!), and given the narrow scope of what decks can use it, it will take a specific shell to run it.

• Locked thread