Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Some very curious information from the Halo:MCC thread

:raise:

Lol

All these weird resolutions are great.

:lsd: Kotaku warning :lsd:

How Much Money Have You Spent On Your Xbox One?

Xbox One ($500/$400)

12-Month Xbox Live Gold Subscription ($40, discounted)

Call of Duty: Ghosts ($60)

Titanfall ($30, on sale)

Two extra controllers ($120)

http://kotaku.com/how-much-money-have-you-spent-on-your-xbox-one-1643035695

lol x 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Lol look at these people spending money

:iamafag:

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

orangesampson posted:

Lol

All these weird resolutions are great.

:lsd: Kotaku warning :lsd:

How Much Money Have You Spent On Your Xbox One?

Xbox One ($500/$400)

12-Month Xbox Live Gold Subscription ($40, discounted)

Call of Duty: Ghosts ($60)

Titanfall ($30, on sale)

Two extra controllers ($120)

http://kotaku.com/how-much-money-have-you-spent-on-your-xbox-one-1643035695

lol x 2

*buys single player only games*

*owns three controllers*

Zuhzuhzombie!! fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Oct 7, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

*buys single player only guys*

*owns three controllers*

ROFL

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet
Weirdest resolution I was ever forced to use was 813X900. It gave me a headache after awhile.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Halo 2 Anniversary runs at 1328 x 1080 native

:raise:

That is an oddly specific lateral resolution. 1280, 1366, maybe. 1328? I dunno, maybe if that's the exact width of the main section when you have something snapped? (It's rectangular pixels people.)

Welp, anything to be 1080p I guess.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

*games

Freudian slip or am I secretly gay?

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

*games

Freudian slip or am I secretly gay?

nope just weirdly fascinated with your mom's tits.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

T Bowl posted:

I think the solution is to just pretend I am diddling a ladie's clit, gotta be gentle and not smoosh it.

As if you have any idea what that feels like.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Wheany posted:

So it's interlacing + a fancy filter

No.

Soul Glo posted:

The design is great, it's the build quality that blows.

e: Also the build quality of the DualShock 4 isn't any better with its disintegrating analog sticks (my #2000~ controller has begun flaking like the #1000 line). Both consoles have lovely accesories this time out.

I dunno if anyone's been through 15 ps4 pads though, and they're pretty quick with the replacements. Also it's just a material issue which isn't such a huge problem to sort as mechanical failure v:shobon:v

Also the 360 pad had stick drift and I had three of them go completely bare on both sticks in no time at all, as well as one have the right stick snap internally and go loose after a few years. Ironically the DS3, although not as well designed as everything else ever, seems the be the most robust pad.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

matrix ripoff posted:

As if you have any idea what that feels like.

Pretty much, I'm loving married now.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

I dunno if anyone's been through 15 ps4 pads though, and they're pretty quick with the replacements. Also it's just a material issue which isn't such a huge problem to sort as mechanical failure v:shobon:v

No one has been through 15 xbone remotes except t bowl and the hulk.

Looks like xbone is the place for racing games then. Driveclub reviewing even worse than forza 5 :lol: . No where near horizon. Imagine it before the year delay.

No surprises

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
the best racing games involve mario and sonic

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Both of which are on the Wii U, literally the best next gen console.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Sir Unimaginative posted:

That is an oddly specific lateral resolution. 1280, 1366, maybe. 1328? I dunno, maybe if that's the exact width of the main section when you have something snapped? (It's rectangular pixels people.)

Welp, anything to be 1080p I guess.

Except the GPU isn't pushing a 1080p frame at all, it's 1328x1080 which is then upscaled.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Both of which are on the Wii U, literally the best next gen console.

lol next gen lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Crafty posted:

Looks like xbone is the place for racing games then. Driveclub reviewing even worse than forza 5 :lol: . No where near horizon. Imagine it before the year delay.

No surprises

I've only been through 5.... :colbert:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

No surprises

One of those links had someone who had been through 15, a couple going through about 6.

Also who the hell is going on reviews for a game where you get 1/5 of the entire thing for free drat.

Actually who is going on reviews for anything after Ghosts got like 80 on metacritic because lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

And who can forget 85 scoring game battlefield 4 which shipped broken and remained so for months.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

lol next gen lol

Yep. Its funny that both the PS4 and X1 still pump out some of the industries ugliest games and quadruple the budget.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Stux posted:

And who can forget 85 scoring game battlefield 4 which shipped broken and remained so for months.

It still is broken, they'd have to recode the whole game to fix it. That's what battle 5 is going to be, oh wait.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

koolkal posted:

the best racing games involve mario and sonic

or unicycles

quote:

they'd have to recode the whole game to fix it.

Not the first time I've read this. Link?

Edmund Honda
Sep 27, 2003

Stux posted:

Gran Turismo 5 scored 84 and that was a wreck at launch, Bayonetta on the PS3 got 87 (360 version scored 90).

Games reviews are pointless.

orangesampson
Nov 22, 2012

by Ion Helmet

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

or unicycles

Not the first time I've read this. Link?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

When the same publications are rating another title as around 15% shitter than bf4 you should probably begin to worry. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Instant death while sprinting
At certain occasions while walking or sprinting, a player could get catapulted at high speed which would cause death if any object was standing in the way. This was caused by a mathematical error in the character physics code, and we have a fix prepared for an upcoming patch.'

Kind of wanna play BF4 before it was patched now.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Sakurazuka posted:

'Instant death while sprinting
At certain occasions while walking or sprinting, a player could get catapulted at high speed which would cause death if any object was standing in the way. This was caused by a mathematical error in the character physics code, and we have a fix prepared for an upcoming patch.'

Kind of wanna play BF4 before it was patched now.

I've played over 100 hours of bf4 before I sold it and had this happen once. It was a bit of a mess getting into a server for the first week but after that it really wasn't as bad as people make out.

I played it again recently through ea access and the netcode felt a lot better. I don't know if the PC version is way worse or I was exceptionally lucky but I really didn't have many bugs/problems occur whilst playing. Except for one new bug that began recently: it resets your kit preferences when you quit which is a real pain and did happen to me a few times.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Or just fictional vehicles in general.

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008

Great Joe posted:

Or just fictional vehicles in general.

And VW Bugs.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Sonic The Hedgehog

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The best racing games involve gliding imo

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
The best racing games involve platformimg and epic 40 man raids

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

If the information is true then it'd be vertically-scaled, hardly a first in games but unusual for them to be upfront about it. I'd give it some weight given the amount of rumours about performance issues with Halo 2 running at 1080p60. Until more solid information appears I'd take it with a tiny bit of salt though.

Wonder if they'd use the method popularised by Killzone's devs.
Oh so it's been confirmed through IGN and Eurogamer have an article with some more details:

quote:

"The campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary looked fantastic at 720p with the level of detail and clarity it gave us, but like every other aspect of the game and tech, we wanted to push it further. So in the last weeks of development, our teams were able to meet a stretch goal and the campaign of Halo 2: Anniversary now runs 60fps at a crisp resolution of 1328x1080, which is a significant and meaningful boost in image quality we think fans are really going to appreciate.

"All of the other games across the entire package of The Master Chief Collection run 60fps at 1920x1080 native."

quote:

"Two game (graphics) engines - the OG H2 and H2A, and the original audio (music and FX) and completely new music and FX. And the switch is instantaneous. If it weren't running the OG engine it could in theory run at a higher resolution but that's not the intended nature of the project. It's designed to be a remake that lets you switch between the two instantaneously. Now you can feel one way or another about that, but that is indeed the intent."
I don't quite know what to say

e: I notice they're specific about the campaign portion being 1328x1080...

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Why did they want to go higher than 720p if graphics don't even matter?

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Stux posted:

Actually who is going on reviews for anything after Ghosts got like 80 on metacritic because lmao

lmao for anyone who follows reviewers' scores on metacritic rather than the community score. Ghosts has a 2.0 on Metacritic. I think that's the lowest score I've ever seen on that site, even LocoCycle runs a solid 3.9. I won't buy anything with a metacritic lower than 7, which coincidentally means I haven't bought a game since Dark Souls 2 :/ why the gently caress do I even own consoles.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Saladman posted:

why the gently caress do I even own consoles.

The sweet exclusives man

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

When the same publications are rating another title as around 15% shitter than bf4 you should probably begin to worry. :v:

When the same publications also rated bioshock infinite at 94 putting it into "one of the best games ever" territory I stopped worrying about any review scores for any game.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Stux posted:

When the same publications also rated bioshock infinite at 94 putting it into "one of the best games ever" territory I stopped worrying about any review scores for any game.

But they were right?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

Oh so it's been confirmed through IGN and Eurogamer have an article with some more details:

I don't quite know what to say

e: I notice they're specific about the campaign portion being 1328x1080...

Crisp indeed :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Bioshock Infinite was awesome because it was a MATURE & pretentious disney princess movie from Ken Levine that made no sense and the gameplay was acceptable and i loved it

• Locked thread