Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sorry I meant that my real fave thing is the fact that goons feel the need to post about watching it with increasingly implausible excuses as to why they watch it other than

1.) not watching it

2.) watching it and not posting about it when it's clear the anim is for creepy people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Namtab posted:

Sorry I meant that my real fave thing is the fact that goons feel the need to post about watching it with increasingly implausible excuses as to why they watch it other than

1.) not watching it

2.) watching it and not posting about it when it's clear the anim is for creepy people

I thought this was p. clear in your initial post.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Just had to clarify my position is all, spell things out for the goons.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

People watch poo poo like Miami Connection or Surviving Edged Weapons because it's legitimately entertaining from how batshit it is, not because they "want to see how bad it gets."

Oh, come the gently caress on. I love both of those, but I love them because they're horrible.

I haven't seen Cross Ange and have no desire to (even without the fanservice it's not really my bag) but it's not really that unbelievable that someone would spend less than half an hour watching the first episode out of morbid curiosity.

e: Wait until the second episode airs and see who stuck around before you start accusing people of actually unironically enjoying it. :v:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Oh, come the gently caress on. I love both of those, but I love them because they're horrible.

You also got locked in a crack den for two days and liveblogged it in the chat thread instead of kicking down a door and running for freedom, you are not necessarily a good representative example.

e: like seriously why do you think people poo poo on the Sharknado craze and asylum in general, it's because they aren't just "ironically" bad, they're legitimately unenjoyable cash grabs.

Babysitter Super Sleuth fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 7, 2014

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

mr. stefan posted:

You also got locked in a crack den for two days and liveblogged it in the chat thread instead of kicking down a door and running for freedom, you are not necessarily a good representative example
Ahaha, what in the even. This sounds like good sharing material.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

lets stop fighting and rank which of the elemental gilrs in the new kyo ani show are our favorite

im gonna have to go Fire, Air, Water, and then Earth

which one is your favorite? let's discuss

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Dick Spacious CPA doesn't even KNOW what tables are!

Also how the hell does fire's dress-thing even stay up? Magic?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Glue.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Water is p.stacked, i approve

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Dresses of that style irl are usually held up with either double sided tape or (if your name is Marilyn Monroe) being stitched onto the wearer at key points

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Is Amagi Brilliant Park closer to K-On (terrible) or Nichijou (brilliant) on the KyoAni quality scale?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Widdiful posted:

Is Amagi Brilliant Park closer to K-On (terrible) or Nichijou (brilliant) on the KyoAni quality scale?

I haven't seen amagi brilliant park, but your opinion wrt K-ON is incorrect. K-ON owns.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

fire gets me all fired up

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Widdiful posted:

but those are both good:confused:

The real question is: will it be better than Beyond the Horizon? Or whatever that boring rear end show was called.

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

I was asking because Nichijou was the only KyoAni show I've ever enjoyed and I've found everything else they did boring.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Dick Spacious CPA doesn't even KNOW what tables are!

Quite possibly literally yes.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

a kitten posted:

but those are both good:confused:

The real question is: will it be better than Beyond the Horizon? Or whatever that boring rear end show was called.

After one episode. Yes. It's already better than Beyond the Boring after just one episode. That show was nothing but boring garbage and I'm still baffled as to how people still try and defend it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

He really isn't, he's just more of it than what the manga would have made him seem at this point and I had no better wording for that.

Refreshingly little GS is also in the MC of Trinity Seven, the style of the artist gets to me the way Seven Sins does, it's gonna get harem but at least it's tasteful and fun about it.

Ha ha, sucker! Trinity Seven is as rote and unimaginative as a harem manga can get. That weird setup with the black sun and unreliable memories? That's gone, and from now on it is 100% high school plus titties.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

AfroSquirrel posted:

So, what kind of show was Guilty Crown? Didn't notice it when it was airing, but have had 'My Dearest' stuck in my head lately so I'm wondering if the series is worth a watch. If it's comparable to S1 of Valvrave insanity, that sounds promising!

The protagonist was Shinji Ikari as written by a staff who couldn't decide whether they wanted him to be Hitler or Jesus and decided to compromise by switching between the two every episode. There was rape. There was surprise incest. There was surprise incestuous rape. There was a villain named the Death Eater of Daath. There was DAN EAGLEMAN, who committed war crimes via hard work, guts, a healthy American can-do attitude, and tipping SAM batteries on their sides to shoot at people. There was a secondary romance between a fourteen-year-old cat girl hacker and a guy called Daryl the Butcher who kept trying to murder her because she made him not want to commit war crimes any more. At one point, the MC uses a sword to shoot down a satellite. At another, he pulls a fridge out of someone's chest. There was a totally baller Hiroyuki Sawano soundtrack.

It was p. drat anime.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

paragon1 posted:

Quite possibly literally yes.

To the first, or to the second statement?

Poke
Mar 1, 2004
Who's subbing seven deadly sins?

Redcrimson
Mar 3, 2008

Second-stage Midboss Syndrome
I can't decide whether the twist in Amagi Brilliant Park is the dumbest thing ever, or utter genius.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

It's also bullshit since watching things "ironically" in cined is rightfully looked down on and saying you do it will get you made fun of. People watch poo poo like Miami Connection or Surviving Edged Weapons because it's legitimately entertaining from how batshit it is, not because they "want to see how bad it gets.". Cross Ange is by all accounts a boring slog with a lovingly animated rape scene so it's kind of obvious why people are actually watching it and feel such a need to defend themselves over it.

Look man I have to know how bad poo poo gets. You know that one moron who reads the book of the elder gods when people told him not to? And then writes in his diary about what a mistake it was as ALbah'raD'koZatk the thousand eye goat demon eats him? That's pretty much me.

Also DS:PCA, I pick wind. She looks cool.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guilty Crown is one of those series that's immensely fun to watch with friends and tear apart.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Wait what, they made an anime out of Trinity Seven? Like, that thing with the magic school? Weird.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

CR are streaming potential anime of the season Parasyte from tomorrow, very excite.

So glad CR ended up with this so I don't have to be a week behind and watch ads (Funi/Hulu).

I don't have time to gently caress around with bad* anime, I barely make it through stuff that's good and that I actually like. I do appreciate the folks who take one for the team and let everyone know something is bad but I'm also OK with passing judgement based on plot summaries and promo art and don't feel the need to give anything 3 whole episodes when I can usually determine by the end of the first episode (or within the first 10 minutes sometimes) whether or not I'm interested.

*just to clarify that one I'm talking about the typical "watching ironically" stuff, I like and enjoy plenty of objectively bad things and can separately enjoyment from quality, but have never much understood hatewatching.

Edit:
Watched Akatsuki no Yona after reading about it a little and liked it well enough to put in my queue. Hak is pretty dreamy so that'll probably carry me through well enough :kimchi:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 8, 2014

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

So glad CR ended up with this so I don't have to be a week behind and watch ads (Funi/Hulu).

I don't have time to gently caress around with bad anime, I barely make it through stuff that's good and that I actually like. I do appreciate the folks who take one for the team and let everyone know something is bad but I'm also OK with passing judgement based on plot summaries and promo art and don't feel the need to give anything 3 whole episodes when I can usually determine by the end of the first episode (or within the first 10 minutes sometimes) whether or not I'm interested.

Everyone enjoys different things. I keep a pretty trim list of shows I can be bothered to actually watch all the way to the end, but my favorite part of the new season is just trying out a bunch of a new shows and making fun of the ones that especially suck.

Mind you I still didn't bother watching Cross Ange.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
ai tenchi muyo is bad trash, all is right with the world

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Rodyle posted:

Wait what, they made an anime out of Trinity Seven? Like, that thing with the magic school? Weird.

The male protagonist is basically Lelouch with social skills that jokes around a lot. Basically the best, but unfortunately the story itself falls more towards the ecchi side and this ain't an anime for the story probably.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Troposphere posted:

But boobs and butts you see

Ferretts
Dec 16, 2009

Welp, Akatsuki no Yona lasted almost ten minutes. After the OP induced 12 Kingdoms nostalgia wore off and I started to pay attention... yeah no thanks.

Hopefully Yona's strange-red-hair comment was just a staff nod to 12 Kingdoms, but I suspect they're going to make some significance of it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Troposphere posted:

Because of the new designs it can't even make people nostalgic for 90s designs, what the heck!

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

Amagi skipped a good bit of manga content but I think also added some new. The lead feels like a dull Gary Stu in the anime and she feels like a psycho and why did that introductory scene happen. I know why because I read the manga. Better than average.
I read the manga too. All 5 chapters of it. It'd be nice if it had more than bi-monthly updates, and I think the anime will have caught up by episode 3.

MrLonghair posted:

Refreshingly little GS is also in the MC of Trinity Seven, the style of the artist gets to me the way Seven Sins does, it's gonna get harem but at least it's tasteful and fun about it.
If the manga's anything to go by, he's alpha as gently caress for a harem MC too. At one point he wakes up, token loli is in his bed. Tsundere walks in, MC has a stroke of genius and casually invites the tsun to join them. A nice change from "I...it's now that it looks like!". He's a pretty cool MC, all things considered.

Redcrimson posted:

I can't decide whether the twist in Amagi Brilliant Park is the dumbest thing ever, or utter genius.
Plot device and PLOT device in the same scene, so a little of both.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
From the general reaction Vanadis, I thought it would be better. I found it boring enough to quit less than 10 minutes in. There was just no life to the thing at all.

On the other hand, Rage of Bahamut was way better than it had any right to be. Not only is money pouring out of every goddamn pixel and my speakers, but the premise is actually pretty interesting, and the MC is Spike Dandy in fantasy land but 10 times better than the image that conjures. I really can't believe I'm watching an anime based on a loving smartphone CCG and enjoying it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
The narcissist MC of Amagi Brilliant Park is named Kanye West, obviously this is aots

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Amagi Brilliant Park - Not the most exciting, but I really enjoyed the premise. It has definitely brought me back for a couple more episodes.

Trinity Seven - I liked this. It had a bit of an excuse plot that sounded mildly interesting. I am going to continue this for a couple more episodes!

Also, both of these had a guy walk into a bathroom with a naked girl, and the reaction be :geno:"...eek...", which I found to be amusing.

Akatsuki no Yona - That was boring. The girl is annoying. The pretty boy is evil, the other dud is going to win the girl, and I won't be watching it. It barely becaome interesting in the las minute of the episode... but not really.

ViggyNash posted:

On the other hand, Rage of Bahamut was way better than it had any right to be. Not only is money pouring out of every goddamn pixel and my speakers, but the premise is actually pretty interesting, and the MC is Spike Dandy in fantasy land but 10 times better than the image that conjures. I really can't believe I'm watching an anime based on a loving smartphone CCG and enjoying it.

I thought is was okay, but not really something that I am really interested in. If it keeps up a nice pace, I will keep up with it.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Srice posted:

Because of the new designs it can't even make people nostalgic for 90s designs, what the heck!

Somehow a pair of dorky glasses ruins the hell out of Tenchi's design.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

The narcissist MC of Amagi Brilliant Park is named Kanye West, obviously this is aots

I had to look this up because I thought it was just some stupid joke.

It was not just some stupid joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Rage of Bahamut actually has a 5.1 sound track but I'm pretty sure the simulcast wont have it and only a couple of the Japanese TV channels do. Its pretty strange to hear 5.1 from a TV anime.

• Locked thread