Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

tbp posted:

Do you guys think that a lot less ppl will play the 3ds version when the Wii one comes out? Theres a 0% chance I'll buy a Wii for the game lol but I like how many ppl are online to play matches against now

I don't have a Wii U at all and I expect a bunch more people don't have one either so I think it will be fine. Unless of course it gets people to buy a Wii U then I'm wrong of course, thankfully I have a friend with a Wii U so I'll probably just play there and play smash 3ds at my own place or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sorry to keep asking, but is there some hidden requirement to getting the Crazy Hand Trophy? I've beaten classic with every character, but still no unlock? Do I need to beat it with/no continues/alternate skins/certain difficulty?

I think you might need to do it separately as Mii Brawler/Swordsman/Gunner I haven't done it yet, but I think they all have their own trophy.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So are there only the three hidden characters (Falco, dark pit, and ness)?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

I don't really get the point of Amibos. Can't you just put a CPU character on your team already? If it were like Skylanders where you bought Amibos to unlock characters in the game then I'd see it, but people would flip their poo poo if you had to buy all the different smash characters separately.

Nintendo realized how much of a goldmine selling collectible tie-in figures are after the Disney and Activision ones made like a shitzillion dollars each and realized their characters are just as marketable as Disney's in the form of $15 little plastic figures.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Knifegrab posted:

So are there only the three hidden characters (Falco, dark pit, and ness)?

There are twelve.

Falco
Dark Pit
Ness
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Wario
Lucina
Duck Hunt
Dr. Mario
Bowser Jr.
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf

Try beating Classic on harder difficulties as different characters to unlock a bunch of 'em.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
You could also set it to one stock and jump off the ledge a bunch of times for all of them

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Play on intensity 6.0 and up, characters show up more often like that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Sorry to keep asking, but is there some hidden requirement to getting the Crazy Hand Trophy? I've beaten classic with every character, but still no unlock? Do I need to beat it with/no continues/alternate skins/certain difficulty?

You did it with each type of mii right?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

So possibly dumb question but do you lose custom drops you picked up in Smash Run if you lose the follow up match?

I swear I had an item called "Super Suit" which I thought was a Mii costume but it was not under any of the Mii fighter types and it wasn't under equipment either.

It occurred to me while asking this it might refer to a Samus specific equipment drop tho.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

No, you don't lose any items when you lose the follow-up match. When you lose items, they're grayed out - you can still see them, but you obviously lost them because of how grayed out they are. You can see this in classic if you die a bunch to master core.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You did it with each type of mii right?

I sure did. I've got a Brawler/Gunner/Swordsman Trophy, and I've got a main score with each of the other characters. At the beginning I was just playing through to unlock characters so I skipped Crazy Hand the first couple of playthroughs, so maybe I need to go back and beat him with everyone.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Zwingley posted:

What the gently caress kind of frame-perfect wizardry did you pull to get 6 l-tilts off on the easy strat video? I've been at this four over half an hour and I can't get it down. :negative:

Two things you might be messing up include getting the first smash in ASAP at the beginning and doing the forward air too low to the ground, which adds a ton of landing lag to it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Endorph posted:

No, you don't lose any items when you lose the follow-up match. When you lose items, they're grayed out - you can still see them, but you obviously lost them because of how grayed out they are. You can see this in classic if you die a bunch to master core.

Rad. I thought so, just wanted to verify. It would suck even more getting a "Race!" match against a Sonic/Cpt. Falcon who ALSO got the most speed boosts. It already sucks playing the final match against computers because it is pretty anti-climactic.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
The most fun thing to do on For Glory is to do 1v1, pick Wario, and just act like an rear end the whole time.

Little Mac #3292 rushing you? Open your mouth.
Little Mac #2923 running around the other end of the stage? Get on the bike, move very slowly towards him...then speed up and run him over while taunting and going WA WA WAAAAA.
Counter Characters spamming counter? Crouch, crawl backwards at them with your Wario butt, and Waft them into oblivion.

Always celebrate by running back and forth and turning as quick as possible, to play the silly skidding noise and make Wario do jazz hands.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just realized exactly what it is about ZSS that's throwing me off so much. I don't have the pieces of the varia suit to throw at everyone anymore! That usually got me my first couple kills.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is the game starting and stopping the download, ending with an error message and needing to restart where I left off, because of my net or is the store still being rushed?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Robo Reagan posted:

Is the game starting and stopping the download, ending with an error message and needing to restart where I left off, because of my net or is the store still being rushed?

It might be your internet, I got it a day after it was released over the eshop and it took me like an 1.5 hours to download, took a friend of mine only 45 minutes the day it was released.. no errors, though.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I just got into a sudden death playing as Charizard. I just Flare Blitzed him straight away.

Always jump when in a sudden death against Charizard.

E: and again against a little mac player. Also the armor on rock smash is amazing.

Golden Goat fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 7, 2014

IAD
Jan 28, 2011

Captain Marvelous!
I have no idea what I'm doing with Rosalina but drat is she fun, her and Luma channeling ice climbers with that teamwork is great.

Luma's respawn rate is crazy fast too, still dunno what d+B does yet though.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey is there any decent strategy for Target Blast? I am trying to clear the 200k points and Clear All Red Targets Challenge but I am screwing up on them. Any tips to get high scores?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I absolutely love Robin. I wish I was smart enough to write a guide for her. (I'm the sort of smash player that's all, "Wow, I'll whack this combination of buttons now!" I have no idea how to improve.)

I'm having a serious crisis of faith, though, since Link has been my main since the 64 days.

If they make a Robin amiibo, I'm grabbing one and gluing little yarn pigtails to her.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I don't see many opinions on R.O.B in this thread

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Pegged Lamb posted:

I don't see many opinions on R.O.B in this thread

ROB is amazing

/end fact

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

LordHippoman posted:

The most fun thing to do on For Glory is to do 1v1, pick Wario, and just act like an rear end the whole time.

Little Mac #3292 rushing you? Open your mouth.
Little Mac #2923 running around the other end of the stage? Get on the bike, move very slowly towards him...then speed up and run him over while taunting and going WA WA WAAAAA.
Counter Characters spamming counter? Crouch, crawl backwards at them with your Wario butt, and Waft them into oblivion.

Always celebrate by running back and forth and turning as quick as possible, to play the silly skidding noise and make Wario do jazz hands.

Wario is the best character in the game. This is an objective fact. Wa.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Is there any way to tell if it was your connection or the opponent's that dropped when you get a communication error? Every time it's happened, I've been able to go right back online without having been autobanned, but I don't know if that's enough of an indicator.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
Holy poo poo. Beat intensity 9 after trying for what felt like for-loving-ever. With Jiggly, of all characters.

Respect the Puff.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I really want to like Robin but am having trouble getting her to work for me at all. Maybe just not my play style.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Take a look at the song list on the wii-u version

The Great Cave Offensive double confirmed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

quote:

Your soundtrack CD will ship in March, 2015

:wtf:

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

I don't really know what constitutes "beating" Classic mode. Just making it to and killing Master Hand? I read that I need to beat it with Bowser on 6.0 or higher to unlock the character I want. I completed it on 6.0, didn't work. Then I did it on 7.5. It still didn't work.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

dichloroisocyanuric posted:

I don't really know what constitutes "beating" Classic mode. Just making it to and killing Master Hand? I read that I need to beat it with Bowser on 6.0 or higher to unlock the character I want. I completed it on 6.0, didn't work. Then I did it on 7.5. It still didn't work.

If you use a continue it lowers your intensity by .5, so on 6.0 you have to do it with no continues, 3 continues max on 7.5

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

dichloroisocyanuric posted:

Curious, did you unlock different people both times? Because there's a order to who gets unlocked when you hit multiple conditions at once.

Also what the guy above said about getting a continue lowering your intensity

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

LibbyM posted:

I really want to like Robin but am having trouble getting her to work for me at all. Maybe just not my play style.

The most success I've found with Robin is by playing like a massive coward. Stay as far away as possible and charge thunder; if someone tries to approach, fire them (fun fact, this knocks Wario off his bike). If someone approaches in melee, nosferatu them and run away. Getting into the dodge-and-counter fests tends not to work out well.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What's egg planet?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Hellioning posted:

If someone approaches in melee, nosferatu them and run away.

But Robin wasn't in Melee! :v:

opulent fountain
Aug 13, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

Curious, did you unlock different people both times? Because there's a order to who gets unlocked when you hit multiple conditions at once.

Also what the guy above said about getting a continue lowering your intensity

Okay, cool! So the first time it was that I triggered multiple conditions, the second time it was that I died too much.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

LibbyM posted:

I also had a lot of trouble with her, until I embraced the spam. Throw the arcfires, charge the Thorons, don't be scared to throw around some elthunders and most importantly, Levin Sword all the time. Levin Fair (you can do Smashes in the air with Robin in case you didn't know) has quite the hitbox, but really most of the Levin attacks are quite good, which is great as the recharge on it is absolutely tiny. Make sure you only approach in the air though, as Robins ground mobility is terrible. Throwing down an Arcfires to cover both your air approach and Thoron charging is a pretty solid tactic, but when the Arcfire tome dies and you're not just juggling them with the Levin sword, you should try to be a bit more defensive. While not necessary, you should also learn to pick up her discarded tomes and swords because they do quite a bit of damage and mix up your game a fair bit.

I will say, I don't think she's a very good character for 4 player battles, but 1 on 1 I feel like she just gets so many tools to dictate the terms of the fight.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

net cafe scandal posted:

What's egg planet?

it's from mario galaxy. it the first stage theme.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Unpopular Video Game Opinion: I really enjoy Smash Run. I started enjoying it when I decided to actually use some of those pieces of equipment that kept dropping in Trophy Rush instead of Custom Moves. Locking away Custom Moves behind a lot of random chance is still pretty lovely though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

KingEffingFrost posted:

Unpopular Video Game Opinion: I really enjoy Smash Run. I started enjoying it when I decided to actually use some of those pieces of equipment that kept dropping in Trophy Rush instead of Custom Moves. Locking away Custom Moves behind a lot of random chance is still pretty lovely though.

I would mostly be fine with the way custom moves drop if you couldn't get duplicates.

Cut that duplicate poo poo out, Sakurai. And I'll have to get all ~150 moves again for the Wii U version :smithicide:

• Locked thread