Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Fiction tends to use adolescence as shorthand for great changes (See: CARRIE). Usually it's to denote growth, but the BInfinite writers apparently figured it makes you into a Quantum Space Princess.

Possibly it was their shorthand for how GAMES WRITING has now reached new heights.

the bland as poo poo adult male self insert MC becomes very close with a 16 year old girl in a tight dress. it's literally a lovely anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

icantfindaname posted:

the bland as poo poo adult male self insert MC becomes very close with a 16 year old girl in a tight dress. it's literally a lovely anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkYz722lWIk

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
My Friend can't seem to play driveclub because it's offline :( Looking like a BF4 tier launch here

Based on the reviews, looks like it's yet again another genre where xbox has the better games

Looks like theres a Ryse bundle out too, still better off renting or waiting for a black Friday sale though imo:

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/07/ryse-legendary-edition-now-available-xbox-one/

hanyolo fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 8, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

why the gently caress are they running 4 engines at the same time?? new_graphics, old_graphics, new_audio and old_audio

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Imagine four engines on the edge of a cliff...

Except they can actually get poo poo done, unlike Goons.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hanyolo posted:

My Friend can't seem to play driveclub because it's offline :( Looking like a BF4 tier launch here

Based on the reviews, looks like it's yet again another genre where xbox has the better games

Looks like theres a Ryse bundle out too, still better off renting or waiting for a black Friday sale though imo:

http://majornelson.com/2014/10/07/ryse-legendary-edition-now-available-xbox-one/

Crafty posted:

^ I love these 'my friend' anecdotes. Keep them coming!

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

poo poo it feels like everyone is upset today, chill out guys it's only video games!

xbox

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

One

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
(the third one)

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

hanyolo posted:

Based on the reviews, looks like it's yet again another genre where Wii(U) has the better games

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

what happened to windows 9, are they really just skipping to 10?

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
3 is inferior to 4

9 is inferior to 10

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Barreft posted:

what happened to windows 9, are they really just skipping to 10?

Yeah, It's to get around peoples lovely coding that tries to detect an old copy of windows 95 or 98 by using "Windows 9*"

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

lol

the UI stuff from persona is really what makes it IMO

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 8, 2014

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Doesn't Halo Anniversary already run two engines you can switch between at will? And it runs at full 1080p? 343 really are the most incompetent aren't they

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

CheeseFactory posted:

"Halo 2 Anniversary runs at 1328 x 1080 native"

hahah holy gently caress

It's a choice they had to make to run the interchangeable engines concurrently at 60fps. I guess it's a valid alternative to something like the tlou:remaster where the fluctuating frame rate at 1080p meant they needed to include a 30fps lock option. Perhaps 343 could have gone that route, but who wants to play halo at 1080 x 30fps?

hanyolo posted:

My friend can't get on either, I guess their servers are sucked again. One benefit of delaying the review embargo is that my friend bought driveclub before he knew it was crap. My poor friend.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013

Crafty posted:

My friend can't get on either, I guess their servers are sucked again. One benefit of delaying the review embargo is that my friend bought driveclub before he knew it was crap. My poor friend.

If only there was a free demo version available to PS+ subsbribers that he could have tried that wasn't delayed as well :smith:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

If only the ps4 had access to the infinite power of the azure :yayclod: so they could have a smooth launch like forza horizon 2 :(

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

hanyolo posted:

If only there was a free demo version available to PS+ subsbribers that he could have tried that wasn't delayed as well :smith:

I just got off the phone with my friend and he's reporting some truly hideous visual bugs too, dashboard aren't meant to float! :cmon:

So I just looked it up. Only the H2a campaign runs at that sub 1080p resolution.

Halo:CE full 1080 peas
Halo 2 full 1080 peas
Halo 3 full 1080 peas
Halo 4 full 1080 peas

Halo 2 anniversary multiplayer full 1080 peas
Halo 2 anniversary campaign 1328 x 1080 peas

Not too shabby for sixty bucks

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Crafty posted:

I just got off the phone with my friend and he's reporting some truly hideous visual bugs too, dashboard aren't meant to float! :cmon:

So I just looked it up. Only the H2a campaign runs at that sub 1080p resolution.

Halo:CE full 1080 peas
Halo 2 full 1080 peas
Halo 3 full 1080 peas
Halo 4 full 1080 peas

Halo 2 anniversary multiplayer full 1080 peas
Halo 2 anniversary campaign 1328 x 1080 peas

Not too shabby for sixty bucks

you should play through all the copies of those games you currently own to get ready!

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Jake Blues posted:

My most important question: can you snap the plex app while playing music or other media?
I am sold if so because the Netflix app turned in to dogshit

Snap it as the big window or the small one?

Works fine as the "big window", not as the small one.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 8, 2014

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

you should play through all the copies of those games you currently own to get ready!

ya but now they are at higher resolution and framerate, both of which dont matter for xboners since its all about the games!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Real hurthling! posted:

that idea is Not Too Shabby.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Real hurthling! posted:

I don't have any of those games and I don't believe you can buy an anniversary version of halo 2 currently.

The most important part of MCC will be the dedicated server multiplayer. Sure the higher resolutions and double frame rate, and reskinned halo 2 multi maps are nice, but adding a few million scrubs to the player base for me to shoot is the best thing about this release. Also looking forward to co opping through campaigns I haven't played in ten years :)

My friend called again he's really mad now.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Crafty posted:

My friend called again he's really mad now.
would you say he's...frothing? :troll:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Awesome! posted:

would you say he's...frothing? :troll:

close to. he just sent me this

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
no one talks on the phone anymore stop lying crafty

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

for real? drat.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

It's a choice they had to make to run the interchangeable engines concurrently at 60fps. I guess it's a valid alternative to something like the tlou:remaster where the fluctuating frame rate at 1080p meant they needed to include a 30fps lock option. Perhaps 343 could have gone that route, but who wants to play halo at 1080 x 30fps?

Didn't forza horizon 2 have a hosed up launch because for some reason in 2014 the xbone needs you to be connected to their servers to unlock a preloaded game?

Also didn't live go down multiple times over the destiny launch while PSN was rock solid?

Weird...

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Crafty posted:

metacritic in tyool 2014 lmbo

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
He sure whipped up that chart pretty fast.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

Didn't forza horizon 2 have a hosed up launch because for some reason in 2014 the xbone needs you to be connected to their servers to unlock a preloaded game?

Also didn't live go down multiple times over the destiny launch while PSN was rock solid?

Weird...

please stop spreading fud

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Speaking of charts/diagrams, whoever came up with the Project Spark "packs" should be shot:

Looking at other peoples impressions, it looks like the in game FPS issues are fixed on the xbox now compared to the beta, but the menu lag still remains :(

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Crafty posted:

You're friends with amin8?

Or perhaps colleagues?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The fact that there are actual console warriors in this thread is really loving funny imo.

*plays racing game*

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Microsoft really thought they were going to take on Apple and Google with the Bone too lol

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Nibbles! posted:

Microsoft really thought they were going to take on Apple and Google with the Bone too lol

Step 1: Try and outsell the WiiU in the next 12-18 months.

Step 2: Defeat Google and Apple.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Crafty posted:

lmbo at this

Pretty good

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

:eyepop:

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
Looks like Microsoft recently registered anarchistclothing.com

Literally entering the wearables business! Time to pick up some of that sweet sunset overdrive swag irl lol yolo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

hanyolo posted:

Speaking of charts/diagrams, whoever came up with the Project Spark "packs" should be shot:

Looking at other peoples impressions, it looks like the in game FPS issues are fixed on the xbox now compared to the beta, but the menu lag still remains :(

What's a T?

• Locked thread