Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dexo posted:

Or got paid nothing

I loving love the idea of Hydra using either their vast murder resources or their unique brainwashing powers to get fuckin free folders. Like, I want to see a super villain group that's just full of petty assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Oh god, the tango thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hah, that preview looks awesome.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

PriorMarcus posted:

Last year they had SHEILD branded mineral water all over the loving place.

And we taxpayers had to pay for it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

twistedmentat posted:

Hah, that preview looks awesome.

Yea I love undercover poo poo in shows like this.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I missed the preview, can someone spoil it?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dexo posted:

And we taxpayers had to pay for it

The first clue that Hydra had taken over; spending millions on SHEILD rebranded bottles of Volvic.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

That was the exact opposite of a filler episode, we found out what Simmons has been up to and we saw a character from Season 1 return in force.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Mirage posted:

They were happy to comply.

They need to have an episode where they're doing this to catering staff or trying to rent event space.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea I love undercover poo poo in shows like this.

Looks like a great caper.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Yeah that's fair enough, I wasn't looking at it the right way.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012
Anyone taking over/under on Blizzard showing up again someday? Last word we had on him was "didn't find the body" so...

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

HaitianDivorce posted:

Anyone taking over/under on Blizzard showing up again someday? Last word we had on him was "didn't find the body" so...

Sucker bet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rirse posted:

I missed the preview, can someone spoil it?

Undercover heist, Coulson and May go undercover at some high society evil thing, things go wrong, there is a laser grid to overcome, gonna be a good time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

HaitianDivorce posted:

Freeze guy frozen in water might be alive? Come on now.

Reset Smith
Apr 6, 2009
This is now a great show. I like it a lot, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Honestly, I fully expected they were going to start this season doing escaped metahuman of the week plots. That they haven't is kind of blowing my mind.

Also, Reed Diamond is pretty good.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

HaitianDivorce posted:

SHIELD recovers his body 70 years from now and he is unthawed to find a world he no longer recognizes. Eventually joins SHIELD alongside a group of other people with unique skills and powers.

howe_sam posted:

Honestly, I fully expected they were going to start this season doing escaped metahuman of the week plots. That they haven't is kind of blowing my mind.

But... that's exactly what they've been doing so far.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jamesman posted:

Not... really?
Episode 1 & 2 were basically a two parter and this episode was mostly about Simmons.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Deakul posted:

Not... really?
Episode 1 & 2 were basically a two parter and this episode was mostly about Simmons.

But they also had Absorbing Man in the two-parter and Blizzard in this one. They're using the escaped-metahuman thing as a frame to hang all the plot development on.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Jamesman posted:

The past three episodes have been anything but MOTW style episodes.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Deadpool posted:

Freeze guy frozen in water might be alive? Come on now.

My question is, if he was encased in ice why was he sinking?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Everyone knows the human body sinks like a rock in water.

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

That was like a Buffy-style filler episode, where it's so full of important character development and setup that it feels indispensable. The Fitz/Ward scene literally got me on the edge of my seat.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Scissorfighter posted:

That was like a Buffy-style filler episode, where it's so full of important character development and setup that it feels indispensable. The Fitz/Ward scene literally got me on the edge of my seat.

I don't really think 'filler' is the right term. Can't it just be a normal episode? Not everything has to be a big series changer. Anyway, this episode is what I signed up for. A good monster of the week episode with character development in the background. Also the crappy CGI is starting to grow on me. It's especially hilarious when they've demonstrated that they can on occasion not have it super crappy (Absorbing Man).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Stone cold, Skye.

I like how shield operating procedure was the same as hydra: Convince him to come with us or kill his rear end. :laugh:

Maybe shield needs to be torn down again.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

I don't really think 'filler' is the right term. Can't it just be a normal episode? Not everything has to be a big series changer. Anyway, this episode is what I signed up for. A good monster of the week episode with character development in the background.

Agreed.
That was in no way a filler episode. An episode where nothing meaningful happens, can be skipped on rewatches, is there just to pad out the number of episodes in the season. This was none of those.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Preview spoilers Undercover heist, Coulson and May go undercover at some high society evil thing, things go wrong, there is a laser grid to overcome, gonna be a good time.

If someone asks you to spoil something, please use spoiler tags?

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 8, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Give Iain De Caestecker all the awards.

The Hydra logos everywhere are for security. It's like how real life places will have signs up saying "you are in an X-clearance area" even if you needed three fingerprints, a DNA sample and a urine test to get in there. It reminds people about the security and ideally prevents absentminded folks leaving a safe open or walking out with the wrong folder in their briefcase. Sure if you walk information out of Hydra you're getting a bullet instead of a chance to use a "I am too stupid to realize it was illegal to copy classified files to unclassified computers, save it to disk and take it home with me" defense in court, but it's better to prevent these things before they happen.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah drat, this episode was great.

I love how Simmons pushing Hydra boss out of the line of fire, in order to improve her cover, was hella staged and half-assed. ":geno: Oh dear, don't worry sir, I'll save you. :geno:"

Skye's heart monitor thing was cool too. It seemed like a real throwaway little device but they set it up through the whole episode for a great character payoff at the end.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Fitz turning the tables on Ward and turning down the oxygen was fantastic. He's been a wreck that everyone pities and no one takes seriously, and seeing him turn around and do something genuinely cold blooded and terrifying as an act of revenge was great.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I'm not clear on how exactly Ward knows so much about Skye's father.

fariz
Nov 10, 2009

You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Probably because they haven't told us yet?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
All we know is that Raina told Ward that something was up with Skye and her parentage before she bailed on him and Garrett.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

Next movie is Age of Ultron, so unless they are going to do something with the core Avengers or the Maximoffs, they have pretty free reign.

I really wonder if we might get some AoU tie-in stuff towards the end of the season. Like receiving help from the Iron Legion.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Can someone remind me who the brainwashed woman was?

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Just some random shield agent I think. Her only purpose seemed to be to demonstrate that Hydra is good at grabbing and brainwashing former shield personnel before Coulson can get to them.

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!
Apparently there was an Agent 33 who was in a couple of comics, but I don't think they are doing anything with that except using the name.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I see, i thought that i had forgotten some important character.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
How considerate of SHIELD to have a little tablet app to suffocate people in their holding cells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Oasx posted:

Can someone remind me who the brainwashed woman was?

Agent 33 obviously.

• Locked thread