Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, when I said abortion, I was mainly referring to the styling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
You don't see how bad it looks from the driver's seat.

Just never turn your garage lights on, I guess. Eco friendlier that way too!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Snowdens Secret posted:

You don't see how bad it looks from the driver's seat.
The interior has a drat good attempt at making you wrong about that.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Stealth Like posted:

How much did you spend to redo the cooling system and fix the rear subframe tear issue on this BMW that has had no problems?

About $300 and $0. I already inspected the subframe mounts; the car doesn't currently get tracked/autocrossed and there's no damage there. Yet.

cynic posted:

I think he probably meant 'service costs at a authorised dealer to maintain your warranty'.

Well, if he meant for a new BMW under warranty, all new ones come with free services during the warranty period. Free oil changes, free filters, etc. So the costs to keep it maintaned by the dealer during the warranty period is still $0.

On the other hand, taking it to the dealer for anything that's not a recall after the warranty expires? :a2m: No.

Slavvy posted:

You're the clutchpuck of automobiles just FYI.

Eh, I think it's more indicative of how far Honda (and Toyota) have slid since the heydays of the 80's. All the 80's/early 90's era Japanese cars I've owned (a total of 6 of them so far) were rock solid; my (less than 10 years old when I bought it 2001 Civic) was already falling apart inside like it was some 80's era GM product, not a good sign.

I do see the delicious irony that my BMW, notorious for brittle plastics and breaking clips, is flawless inside but the supposedly rock solid Honda was coming apart at the seams.

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Oct 7, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Wild EEPROM posted:

The worst part about the i3 is how huge it actually is. None of the pictures show it off, because it is about as big as an x3.

What are you talking about?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Okay, so it's four inches shorter and narrower than an x3, who gives half a poo poo aside from obsessive roundel polishers?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
It's 26 inches less length than an X3. I don't really see how you can call an i3 "about as big as an x3".

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

CharlesM posted:

It's 26 inches less length than an X3. I don't really see how you can call an i3 "about as big as an x3".

Considering it's 4 inches shorter than a full-blown SUV*, most people would look at it and say "about as big".

* Excuse me, "crossover".

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
But it's about 2 feet shorter in length...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's really nothing like an SUV. A smaller MPV, like a Ford C-Max or something, maybe, but that's just the architecture that a lot of family cars are going for now, giving more interior room by going up rather than out.

They look bigger than they are. BMW have rolled their dice on that being the way to go, rather than a smaller/sportier car, which I assume they're covering with the MINI brand instead.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Honestly I see one almost every day and it looks a tad bigger than a 4 door corsa. Its slightly taller though, which makes it look ungainly.

I think if they didnt have to make it with the traditional bmw kidney grill it wouldnt look so ugly, shouldve made it a mini derivative or something.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

At least with the i3 its pretentiousness comes from the badge. I hate prii because through those who have adopted the cars seem to exude a holier than thou aura about themselves. I'd take the i3 over a prius all day erry drat day.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
Someone had a really bad day.

The hood was jumped on, the roof was caved in, windows smashed, and various bits ripped off.

Cheating boyfriend? This was in a really nice part of LA in a quiet expensive neighborhood, and judging by the glass on the ground, this damage happened right where it's parked.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Wow, that's way worse than the student that covers their 3G Eclipse with a TT cover (has Audi logo front and rear). At least when it's covered it looks kinda like a TT.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Okay, so it's four inches shorter and narrower than an x3, who gives half a poo poo aside from obsessive roundel polishers?

The i3 would fit in a 395-cubic-foot box, while the X3 needs 519 cubic feet. It's a full 25% larger.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

That's way too tongue in cheek to hate on

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Snowdens Secret posted:

That's way too tongue in cheek to hate on

Yeah I agree. It's not good, but not actually horrible.
I think the PBR logo is supposed to be "ironic"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

InitialDave posted:

It's really nothing like an SUV. A smaller MPV, like a Ford C-Max or something, maybe, but that's just the architecture that a lot of family cars are going for now, giving more interior room by going up rather than out.

They look bigger than they are. BMW have rolled their dice on that being the way to go, rather than a smaller/sportier car, which I assume they're covering with the MINI brand instead.

I thought people here were crazy for calling the Fiat 500L "the same size as an SUV", too. It's about as big as a Scion xB.

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

BoostCreep posted:

Someone had a really bad day.

The hood was jumped on, the roof was caved in, windows smashed, and various bits ripped off.

Cheating boyfriend? This was in a really nice part of LA in a quiet expensive neighborhood, and judging by the glass on the ground, this damage happened right where it's parked.

What is trying to escape from under the hood!?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

FuzzKill posted:

That leg belongs to the spider gear.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

FuzzKill posted:

Part of the side mirror was jammed in there.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
How does this happen and how much trouble does a driver get in for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXG0OYRGTc

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
The thing about the i3's size isn't that it's huge, it's that it's marketed as an eco-friendly car and a lot of the pictures don't show it in perspective, so going in you're thinking Prius and then it's like BAM goddamn that's bigger than I thought.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I work at a university which has Jaguar Land Rover on site and they're always bringing in competitor's cars to test and play with. There was an i3 on campus yesterday, it's real loving tall...

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It seems odd that they would spend so much effort making a car in a body style that they aren't known for. You would think their first electric car would be some kind of low slung sports car instead of a small box van?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Throatwarbler posted:

It seems odd that they would spend so much effort making a car in a body style that they aren't known for. You would think their first electric car would be some kind of low slung sports car instead of a small box van?

It's a hybrid rather than a full electric car but they do have the i8

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

atomicthumbs posted:

How does this happen and how much trouble does a driver get in for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuXG0OYRGTc

Very rarely, especially these days. The driver isn't at fault there unless they went before the team told him to go (and that's even more rare), and since the RF tire changer is clearing the area they probably gave him the go ahead before the fueler had disengaged.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus

freelop posted:

It's a hybrid rather than a full electric car but they do have the i8

It is electric, but it has an optional rage extender that most people seems to go for.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'd rather drive the i8 than a Volt. Or a Leaf. Both those cars make the Prius look classy. :barf:

I'd probably prefer the i3 that started this conversation over those two.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
http://tacotunes.com/car-audio-vide...rket-head-unit/

This really isn't TERRIBLE car stuff but I thought someone else might find humor in the photos used in this install guide. A bunch of the photos don't even show a step in the installation process, they're just pictures of some designer's girlfriend pointing at a dash. GET 'EM TINA!!

I wish other install guides were this detailed, you usually get 3 photos and the page has been photocopied so many times you can barely read it :saddowns:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Wiring for head units is definitely terrible car stuff, the explosion of wires behind the average radio is a bit nuts.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
For our next episode we get to watch Tina drop a W8 transmission.

arts and craps
Nov 20, 2011
Stupid bitch.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

quote:

How to remove stock stereo and install new aftermarket head unit

aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAARGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Use connecting words. Jesus tittyfucking christ.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

There are a thousand clever ways you could have made fun of her, but this isn't one of them.

Content (wrong thread?):

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

a primate posted:

There are a thousand clever ways you could have made fun of her, but this isn't one of them.

Content (wrong thread?):

Definitely the wrong thread.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

Sperglord Firecock posted:

So uh.....

Wow.

I don't really know what to say about this.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

VikingSkull posted:

The thing about the i3's size isn't that it's huge, it's that it's marketed as an eco-friendly car and a lot of the pictures don't show it in perspective, so going in you're thinking Prius and then it's like BAM goddamn that's bigger than I thought.

It's actually significantly shorter and narrower than a Prius. Which I guess says more about how large the Prius is than anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodfuldead
Feb 14, 2009

what a long strange thread its been

Nothing screams "I wrecked the poo poo out of this once" than that.