Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

quote:

new ice age, ozone hole, global warming, “climate change”, climate disruption... why don’t they call it what it is .. communism.

9 posted on September 22, 2014 at 7:10:14 PM PDT by newnhdad (Our new motto: USA, it was fun while it lasted.)

Laziest Freep post ever.

blerggghh communism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
The ozone hole was a distinct problem from global warming and it's pretty much solved. It continually amazes me when Freep parrots satirical lines from parodies of 1950's film reels. Every bad thing is actually.... COMMUNISM!!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Nintendo Kid posted:

People like you are why big phones are a thing. This isn't meant to be an insult or anything, they're just really great both for people who can't see well and people with big ol hands/fingers.

And people who want to watch movies on their phone, and (supposedly) women who want to find their phones in their purses easier.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The ozone hole was a distinct problem from global warming and it's pretty much solved. It continually amazes me when Freep parrots satirical lines from parodies of 1950's film reels. Every bad thing is actually.... COMMUNISM!!

Yeah this is kinda annoying. We had a problem and got the international community together to do something about it and now it's getting better. But if the problem is fixed it must never have been a problem in the first place! Those drat communists and their lies!

It's sorta like those in the latest generation of parents demonizing vaccines because they never grew up at a time when those diseases were around.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Freepers: Nope. Absolutely no climate change where I live.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Breaking: Dallas Ebola Patient is Dead

quote:

To: TangledUpInBlue
If he was white they would have save him. /sarc.

5 posted on 10/8/2014 8:20:40 AM by showme_the_Glory ((ILLEGAL: prohibited by law. ALIEN: Owing political allegiance to another country or government))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

We knew this was coming. It’s going to raise the fear factor among the public and make it a lot harder for Precedent Obola to continue allowing travelers from infected countries to enter the U.S.

8 posted on 10/8/2014 8:21:34 AM by Windflier (To anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.)

quote:

To: fatima
I bet everyone who was living in the Apt. he was visiting also has Obola.

14 posted on 10/8/2014 8:24:02 AM by Red_Devil 232 ((VietVet - USMC All Ready On The Right? All Ready On The Left? All Ready On The Firing Line!))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: justlittleoleme
No mention of how he lied to get on the plane, in Africa, and brought 0bola here, huh?

20 posted on 10/8/2014 8:26:35 AM by Jane Long ("And when thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

To: LostInBayport
Its still not up on Drudge. Surprising.

My guess is the guy was clinically dead already. They were probably using him like a lab rat to test those new anti virals.

29 posted on 10/8/2014 8:29:30 AM by Georgia Girl 2 (The only purpose o f a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should never have dropped.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]
Let's test this million dollar serum on dead tissue! That will help people that are alive! :science:

quote:

To: MNGal
A friend of mine told me that some who die from Ebola come back to life. So I wouldn’t give up just yet.

47 posted on 10/8/2014 8:35:31 AM by HandyDandy (Don't make-up stuff. It just wastes everybody's time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

Someone had to say it :godwinning:

quote:

To: thackney
Nuke em from orbit
If this thing goes hot I would not be surprised at a sterilization bombing or massive aerial spray. National security will be put in jeopardy if too many cities go down with Ebola.

80 posted on 10/8/2014 8:47:18 AM by jetson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 58 | View Replies]

quote:

I hope his family gets a HUGE hospital bill.

81 posted on 10/8/2014 8:47:19 AM by BenLurkin (This is not a statement of fact. It is either opinion or satire; or both.)

quote:

It’s not airborne is it? They wouldn’t lie to us, would they?? Noooo, of cooourse not, especially not the current head of the CDC Tom Frieden who was a participant in what is probably the worst abuse of constitutional rights of US citizens in a major US city in US history when Mike Bloomberg was Mayor. “Despot” would be a better word. This piece of rat slime who basically turned New York city into a mini-North Korea and Tom Frieden was all a part of it. This is the Nazi they put in charge of the CDC. Doesn’t that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

92 posted on 10/8/2014 8:53:10 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Obama Will Say 'War on Women' But Not 'War on ISIS)

Let's not forget how much fault Obama shares in this!

quote:

To: Mom MD
This man was virulent when finally hospitalized. The exposure of his family and others was inevitable. Other than God — who has everything in His hands — perhaps the general health and welfare of these relatives is a protection for them that might keep them from contracting ebola. I hope so.

But Duncan wouldn’t be here except for Obama’s Open Borders policy. Open Borders = Open Disease. I truly believe that.

172 posted on 10/8/2014 9:18:39 AM by xzins ( Retired Army Chaplain and Proud of It! Those who truly support our troops pray for victory!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 129 | View Replies]

quote:

On Tuesday, Duncan's son Karsiah travelled from West Texas to try and see the father for the first time in 16 years.
Another son in America and by another woman. Just, wow. How many more will be crawling out from under the woodshed?

205 posted on 10/8/2014 9:39:43 AM by bgill (CDC site, "we still do not know exactly how people are infected with Ebola")
How dare that kid, who was definitely here illegally, try and see his dying father

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

kik2dagroin posted:

How dare that kid, who was definitely here illegally, try and see his dying father
I think it was more "look at this degenerate, he has children by more than one woman!" *Ignores own 5 failed marriages with children from each*

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

It’s not airborne is it? They wouldn’t lie to us, would they?? Noooo, of cooourse not, especially not the current head of the CDC Tom Frieden who was a participant in what is probably the worst abuse of constitutional rights of US citizens in a major US city in US history when Mike Bloomberg was Mayor. “Despot” would be a better word. This piece of rat slime who basically turned New York city into a mini-North Korea and Tom Frieden was all a part of it. This is the Nazi they put in charge of the CDC. Doesn’t that make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside?

92 posted on 10/8/2014 8:53:10 AM by GrandJediMasterYoda (Obama Will Say 'War on Women' But Not 'War on ISIS)
Wait, what? Didn't they absolutely love Bloomberg?! When did this happen?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

kik2dagroin posted:

Breaking: Dallas Ebola Patient is Dead

Let's test this million dollar serum on dead tissue! That will help people that are alive! :science:

Someone had to say it :godwinning:

Let's not forget how much fault Obama shares in this!

I hope all freepers fall into an open sewer and die there.

The Albatross
Jan 28, 2009
Lib Lie Slayer
Lib Lie Slayer
Wherefore art thou Lib Lie Slayer?

For there are Lib Lies abroad that must needs slaying
Lib Lies - those Lies of Liberty
The Illusions that hold Workers to their chains through camoflage and subterfuge!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

I hope his family gets a HUGE hospital bill.

Well he did go to a hospital in a red state so rest easy Mr. No Soul

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

We knew this was coming. It’s going to raise the fear factor among the public and make it a lot harder for Precedent Obola to continue allowing travelers from infected countries to enter the U.S.

8 posted on 10/8/2014 8:21:34 AM by Windflier (To anger a conservative, tell him a lie. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth.)
"Stupid 'public' all being fearful! By the way did you know that this outbreak is a vast conspiracy by the President himself to take down the United States from within?"

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MeLKoR posted:

I believe this is referring to NYC's various bans of trans fats in restaurants, smoking in the workplace, and the dangerous freedom-destroying (overturned) ban on soft drink cups larger than a pint.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Well he did go to a hospital in a red state so rest easy Mr. No Soul

I sure hope ebola patients get crippling hospital bills. Now why aren't they getting to hospitals when they suspect they might have the disease???

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
The real question is why this illegal Liberian immigrant didn't immediately get a job so he could be afford healthcare to get treated for Obola

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

quote:

To: MNGal
A friend of mine told me that some who die from Ebola come back to life. So I wouldn’t give up just yet.

47 posted on 10/8/2014 8:35:31 AM by HandyDandy (Don't make-up stuff. It just wastes everybody's time.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 34 | View Replies]

How does this.. I mean, I understand compartmentalization and cognitive dissonance, but dear Lord.

quote:

To: Mom MD
This man was virulent when finally hospitalized. The exposure of his family and others was inevitable. Other than God — who has everything in His hands — perhaps the general health and welfare of these relatives is a protection for them that might keep them from contracting ebola. I hope so.

But Duncan wouldn’t be here except for Obama’s Open Borders policy. Open Borders = Open Disease. I truly believe that.

172 posted on 10/8/2014 9:18:39 AM by xzins ( Retired Army Chaplain and Proud of It! Those who truly support our troops pray for victory!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 129 | View Replies]

It's God's Fault we got Ebola.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

I believe this is referring to NYC's various bans of trans fats in restaurants, smoking in the workplace, and the dangerous freedom-destroying (overturned) ban on soft drink cups larger than a pint.

I still think the latter one is the funniest. There was nothing in the proposal that stopped fast food places from selling you a lot of soda at once, they'd just need to spend like 4 cents extra on a second cup and one of those cardboard double cup holders.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Nintendo Kid posted:

I still think the latter one is the funniest. There was nothing in the proposal that stopped fast food places from selling you a lot of soda at once, they'd just need to spend like 4 cents extra on a second cup and one of those cardboard double cup holders.

This is America, that's too much of a hassle. This is also the genius behind the grocery bag ban in Seattle. It's not banned at all, you just have to pay 5 cents for one...which involves talking to your cashier for an extra 3 seconds or pushing a button on a self-checkout screen and fuuuuuuuuuck that I'll just carry this poo poo.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

MeLKoR posted:

I've had Bloomberg filed as "Freep persona non grata" for so long I forgot when it happened. It's been a while at least.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

quote:

The digital kristalnacht will happen soon enough.

18 posted on September 22, 2014 at 7:41:23 PM PDT by rabidralph

Digital Kristallnacht would make a pretty cool band name.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I've had Bloomberg filed as "Freep persona non grata" for so long I forgot when it happened. It's been a while at least.

I think it was around the time they were restricting soda sizes.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

He banned big gulps and Sarah Palin raised money off of it.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Frisco patient suspected to have Ebola (Texas, Duncan contact)

quote:

To: F15Eagle

More blood on the hands of Obola & his minions.

10 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:21:57 PM by Roman_War_Criminal
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: fatnotlazy; xzins
What they are doing is grounds for immediate impeachment and removal from office, IMHO.

Dereliction of duty, national security and all that.

Not that the Democrats aren't enabling it, for they are.
11 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:22:04 PM by F15Eagle (1Jn4:15;5:4-5,11-13;Mt27:50-54;Mk15:33-34;Jn3:17-18,6:69,11:25,14:6,20:31;Ro10:8-11;1Tm2:5-6;Ti3:4-7)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

To: F15Eagle

This all began over a.decade ago when we decided people with certain diseases had special rights and we had no moral business blocking infected foreigners from enjoying our nation. Funny we controlled that one sort of but did not contemplate this.scenario.

12 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:22:06 PM by epluribus_2 (he had the best mom - ever.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ladyjane

Obola has let all of the vermin in..so a bunch of Americans can get infected with this crap and he can say “Hey if you don’t treat them its racist” let them all move into the White House, let them cough and sneeze on Michelle lets see how he likes it..well, considering according to Globe Magazine he hates her guts, maybe he would want her to get coughed on

18 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:24:51 PM by Sarah Barracuda
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 16 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SWAMPSNIPER; FlingWingFlyer

Barack Hussein Obola knows he’ll have access to the finest, most expensive drugs.

As for the rest of Americans, he laughs at their peril.

For those out there voting Democrat this fall, how stupid do you have to be?

WE TOLD YOU SO.

FOR YEARS.

21 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:27:01 PM by F15Eagle (1Jn4:15;5:4-5,11-13;Mt27:50-54;Mk15:33-34;Jn3:17-18,6:69,11:25,14:6,20:31;Ro10:8-11;1Tm2:5-6;Ti3:4-7)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

To: annieokie

Agenda 21

32 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:33:06 PM by glock rocks (In DC, nobody can hear you scream)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RightGeek

CareNow is a WALK IN CLINIC!!!!

WTF are ebola-exposed people doing WALKING AROUND?

42 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:39:40 PM by Uncle Miltie (Proud to be Attacked by the GOPe daily!)

quote:

To: Roman_War_Criminal
More blood on the hands of Obola & his minions.

Gallons of blood seething with ebola virus.
52 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:43:06 PM by Veto! (OpInions freely dispensed as advice)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

To: epluribus_2
This all began over a.decade ago when we decided people with certain diseases had special right

About 30 years ago, 1984 or so, AIDS carriers were demanding special rights to spread their infection to the general population.

EVIL mutated critters, they are.
53 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:43:16 PM by meadsjn
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Uncle Miltie

According to Dr. Tom Friedtart from the CDC, as long as they aren’t showing symptoms you can not catch Ebola from them... This guy really is braindead.

61 posted on 10/8/2014, 12:48:51 PM by Blue Highway
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 42 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RightGeek

Burn in hell, murderer. ..

72 posted on 10/8/2014, 1:01:15 PM by Vendome (Don't take life so seriously-you won't live through it anyway-Enjoy Yourself ala Louis Prima)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I love it. They get their news from the Globe, and they think they know better than doctors. Freepers you never fail to disappoint.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

bobkatt013 posted:

I love it. They get their news from the Globe, and they think they know better than doctors. Freepers you never fail to disappoint.

Best journalism in the planet

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
Barack Hussein Obola is my new favorite name.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Cythereal posted:

His early work is still worth reading, in my opinion, especially Red Storm Rising. Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Without Remorse, Cardinal of the Kremlin, and depending on personal tastes, The Sum of All Fears and Red Rabbit are all worth reading and Clancy's Republican ubermensch isn't yet in full bloom.

I tried reading Red October and it was so, so dry. Plus the whole "the captain wants to defect to America" thing

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Farecoal posted:

I tried reading Red October and it was so, so dry. Plus the whole "the captain wants to defect to America" thing

At least there was a bit of tension in that one. Red Rabbit was "kgb guy wants to defect, plans are made, and everything goes without a hitch."

Perfidia
Nov 25, 2007
It's a fact!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Curious to know if you'd have the same feeling of uniracial weirdness in Beijing, Stockholm or Mumbai

Stockholm is actually not in any way like you may have seen in movies or whatever (tall blonde athletes aryanically strolling down the street jostling aside polar bears), but is very mixed. It depends on area, of course, but around me most people are black, Middle Eastern or Asian, with "natives" in distinct minority. It's great, I can get any food from any place in the world just by going down the street 50-100m in any direction, and we have wonderfully weird block parties where everyone shares music, customs and interesting bits from their cultural background etc.

Badera
Jan 30, 2012

Student Brian Boyko has lost faith in America.
My god the ebola madness is hilarious. This is easily the best Freep yet (other than election nights 2008 and 2012).

:supaburn: OBOLA :supaburn:

edit: speaking of best Freep, does anyone know how they reacted when ARE SARAH resigned as governor?

Badera fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 9, 2014

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Badera posted:

edit: speaking of best Freep, does anyone know how they reacted when ARE SARAH resigned as governor?

I think most of them were like "this is a genius move, she's really sticking it to the man, now she'll be free from the shackles of her poo poo governor job and the attacks of the loony left, free to... uh..." There were a few freepers who were like "you gotta be loving kidding me she's QUITTING?" but they were in the minority.

There are actually quite a number of freepers who recognize what a fraud she is, and not all zotted either even though the "correct" freeper position is Palin worship.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I just imagined a freeper wearing white shorts, just arrgh watching hannity and smoking a More cigarette, in a white and yellow polyester cushioned dining room chair with gold tubular frame and browsing Globe Magazine. Arrrgh

Arghhh it's time to get up and drive the Mercury Grand Marquis to Denny's

Dr. Witherbone
Nov 1, 2010

CHEESE LOOKS ON IN
DESPAIR BUT ALSO WITH
AN ERECTION

Badera posted:

My god the ebola madness is hilarious. This is easily the best Freep yet (other than election nights 2008 and 2012).

:supaburn: OBOLA :supaburn:

Oh man. How did I miss election night Freep? Is there like, a best of or an archived thread you can send me? Was 2008 or 2012 better?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Zwabu posted:

There are actually quite a number of freepers who recognize what a fraud she is, and not all zotted either even though the "correct" freeper position is Palin masturbation.

Fixed.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3212851/posts

quote:

To: homegroan; All
Gut tells me this is going to play out poorly for us Obola subjects.
Wondering if fellow FReepers, loved ones and family have got appropriate preps in order?
Judging by developing news, increasing public awareness will result in higher demand / diminishing availability on essential items, ie: N95 / 100 masks, Nitrile gloves, goggles, Tyvek coveralls, cases of water, hand sanitizer, bleach, etc.
As of yesterday a Los Angeles county suburb orange box home center still had a few packages of masks, goggles, gloves and Tyvek coveralls, after I made my personal purchase.
BTW: when cashier asked if I was a painter, I told her the supplies were for Ebola. Her response was: Who’s that?

Just-in-time supply chains are short and MSM is stirring the pot: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/08/us-ebola-gear_n_5945544.html

Also, FYI and for prep’s - there’s an article from the NIH that indicates Melatonin may be effective in treating Ebola:
Ebola virus disease: Potential use of melatonin as a treatment - Sep 27, 2014
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25262626

Sure hope this burns out quickly and is much ado about nothing...

379 posted on 10/8/2014 3:37:46 PM by MarchonDC09122009 (Better safe than sorry.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 347 | View Replies]
:cmon:

quote:

To: tomkat; exDemMom
Funny how the high-IQ, medically and scientifically trained, analytical type people are NOT the ones yelling “THE SKY IS FALLING; THIS IS OUT OF CONTROL; WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE BEFORE NEW YEARS!!!”. They tend to be rationally concerned, however.

BTW, I have $750 of N95, N100, and P100 masks and respirators in the closet (for whatever), along with a storage unit full of other supplies and preps; your head-in-sand appellation looks foolish.

397 posted on 10/8/2014 4:55:31 PM by steve86 (Prophecies of Maelmhaedhoc OÂ’Morgair (Latin form: Malachy))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 377 | View Replies]

quote:

To: dragnet2
President Ebola has screwed the pooch.

His CPUSA and moslem comrades thought they had the big takeover in the bag.

All hell is about to break loose, and the enemy within will be annihilated in the process.

moslems OUT!

marxists OUT!

Smash the CPUSA and the Democrat Party

458 posted on 10/8/2014 7:55:51 PM by Rome2000
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 457 | View Replies]

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Dr. Witherbone posted:

Oh man. How did I miss election night Freep? Is there like, a best of or an archived thread you can send me? Was 2008 or 2012 better?

I think 2012 was better, although I don't remember 2008 as well.

They had zotted a lot of the more moderate (I use that term relatively) freepers between '08 and '12. Also they spent four years calling Obama's presidency a failure and expecting him to be thrown out in 2012, to the point that it wasn't even in question; in their minds it was absolutely certain. And then leading up to election night they all bought into the unskewed polls delusion and had convinced themselves that Romney actually had a comfortable lead. Four years of anticipation and buildup came crashing down, and it was a pretty fun read.

illrepute
Dec 30, 2009

by XyloJW

HappyHippo posted:

They had zotted a lot of the more moderate (I use that term relatively) freepers between '08 and '12. Also they spent four years calling Obama's presidency a failure and expecting him to be thrown out in 2012, to the point that it wasn't even in question; in their minds it was absolutely certain. And then leading up to election night they all bought into the unskewed polls delusion and had convinced themselves that Romney actually had a comfortable lead. Four years of anticipation and buildup came crashing down, and it was a pretty fun read.

Is there an archive of it? I'd enjoy reading that.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

HappyHippo posted:

Yeah, watching Freep go from "Romney's gonna win by 500 Electoral Votes!" to "BELEIVE IN THE CLEVE!" was pretty magical.

E: Also the aftermath of the 2008 election is what birthed the original Freep thread. The 2012 election was sometime in the third thread, that thread has been archived, however.

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Oct 9, 2014

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The threads are linked in the OP, they are all wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jagged Jim posted:

Yeah, watching Freep go from "Romney's gonna win by 500 Electoral Votes!" to "BELEIVE IN THE CLEVE!" was pretty magical.

E: Also the aftermath of the 2008 election is what birthed the original Freep thread. The 2012 election was sometime in the third thread, that thread has been archived, however.

Nah, the Freep threads begun way before the 2008 election, before the primaries even if I'm not mistaken. I found the 2008 election funnier, most might not have been as convinced they were going to win but the true believers in Our Sarah? This is an apt recreation of that moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFDsL_mwBY

e:

quote:

His sister visited him in Monrovia about a month before Duncan contracted the ebola from Marthalene Williams (pregnant 19 year old live-in daughter of his landlord) in Liberia. That would be about the amount of time for ebola to initially infect her, incubate in her and for her to become highly infectious.

He got his visa via his sister’s encouragement to see his past lover, who already had children and was living with another man in Dallas.

His visa arrived and he bought a round trip plane ticket 2 weeks before he apparently was infected, but the flight was scheduled only days after he was infected from a person who he likely would have assisted in gleaning medical attention.

Was this whole affair a setup by their family to get rich quick, using Duncan as a patsy?

Notice his sister and Joe Weeks from North Carolina, weren’t the ones welcoming him at the airport. They didn’t even drive up to Dulles to see him at the airport on his layover. Previously they were the only apparent semblance of family, having any basis in church attendance or reference to prayer or being married within his immediate relations by several generations.

This outrage seems to fly in the face of their appearances. It doesn’t fit the mindset of a devout family member. It does fit the mindset of somebody with ulterior motives, without any love for others, but arrogant appeal for themselves.

42 posted on 10/9/2014 11:09:14 AM by Cvengr (Adversity in life and death is inevitable. Thru faith in Christ, stress is optional.)

e2:

quote:

It is beginning to look to me like whites are much more likely to become infected then Africans. The Spanish nurse just touched her face and became infected. The deputy in Dallas just walked into a room. The News person in Liberia had no known contact. Etc, etc, etc.
It would make sense that whites having no contact with African viruses for 50,000 years would be more likely than Africans to get catch it. Africans likely have a bit more immunity then Europeans.

21 posted on 10/9/2014 6:31:08 AM by jpsb (Believe nothing until it has been officially denied)

:pseudo:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Oct 9, 2014

• Locked thread