Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

spudsbuckley posted:

So does the X360.......

yeah man! fight!! fight! fight!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Divekick is now on Xbox One, neat.

spudsbuckley posted:

So does the X360.......

Kinda gimped. No weather, fewer championships, no Drivitar AI, no Forza Rewards, no future support/DLC.

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

isn't no drivatars a good thing?? everyone complained that they just rammed the hell out of you in forza 5. horizon 2 looks really nice on the bone though, good art direction imo

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Forza Horizon 2 on 360 was a different developer with a different engine.

Drivatars are supposed to be much better in 2 and you get random drop-ins from people high on the world leaderboards.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

The Wii U having HD games doesn't make it next-gen when both last-gen consoles had HD games :ssh:

e: The Wii U has fun, HD games. That doesn't mean it's not basically on par with a 360/PS3. If it were a next-gen console, it would have next-gen games on it. You know it's bad when Ubisoft and EA stop porting their games to your current console.

e2: It's also dumb people keep saying next-gen while the next-gen home consoles have been out for nearly a year

But the Xbox One is on par with a 360/PS3 and you call it next gen. I'm pretty sure next gen means next generation not "Mah graphix for call o madden". If it does mean graphix the only next gen console is the PC.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

bluegoon posted:

So what's it like having an Xbox One? Like really, how is it?

Only thing I don't like is the Kinnect and how awful doing things without it is, otherwise I've had a good experience. Also, if something has been wrong their support team has been a treat to deal with, they've been able to help me with any issue I've had. Liking my bone.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Crafty posted:

Can princess peach drive a Lamborghini?

Just wait for Mario Kart 9

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
200 new posts? That lets me know I can safely ignore everything posted in the last day.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soonmot posted:

200 new posts? That lets me know I can safely ignore everything posted in the last day.

cool good addition

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Soonmot posted:

200 new posts? That lets me know I can safely ignore everything posted in the last day

Ignorance truly is bliss

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hey but really where is Shadow Puppet

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

echronorian posted:

dead

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

echronorian posted:

Probably playing Forza Horizon 2 on the Xbox One, the All-In-One Entertainment System from Xbox.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Soonmot posted:

goddamn, this contribution :thumbsup: full of epic win information! :thumbsup:

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

VideoGames posted:

goddamn, this contribution :thumbsup: full of epic win information! :thumbsup:

good fit for the thread

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Hi guys, first time poster but long time fan of the Xbox One entertainment machine by Microsoft! I've had a recent incident where it gets out of its living room setup, enters the bedroom and just shits all over on my bed. Should I send it in since it's still under warranty or is this an intended feature?? Tia. :D

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Doflamingo posted:

Hi guys, first time poster but long time fan of the Xbox One entertainment machine by Microsoft! I've had a recent incident where it gets out of its living room setup, enters the bedroom and just shits all over on my bed. Should I send it in since it's still under warranty or is this an intended feature?? Tia. :D

That's a feature, not a bug :bigtran:

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Doflamingo posted:

That's just the Xbox One over delivering value onto your linens.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

good fit for the thread

How dare you sully 5 pages of garbage with sass :(

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Maneki Neko posted:

How dare you sully 5 pages of garbage with sass :(
We're at 174 pages

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

We're at 174 pages

:drat:

The Master Chief Collection instant engine switching stuff does sound pretty cool though. You can be playing along in "underpowered hardware of yesteryear" mode and then press a button and BAM, it switches into low res

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

fisheyel83l posted:

The Master Chief Collection instant engine switching stuff does sound pretty cool though. You can be playing along in "underpowered hardware of yesteryear" mode and then press a button and BAM, it switches into low res

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fisheyel83l posted:

oohhh uuuuuuuuu >:[

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

fisheyel83l posted:

I'd prefer a short loading screen followed by not having to look at an ugly screen.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Sounds like you guys have some buyer's remorse. Just have fun with the system you have.

http://pages.engage.xbox.com/bestgamesxboxone/

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
Why does every xbox infographic (or what ever the gently caress they are called) include Titalfall? The game is about as generic and awful as you can get, its not and never was a system seller.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Foil posted:

Why does every xbox infographic (or what ever the gently caress they are called) include Titalfall? The game is about as generic and awful as you can get, its not and never was a system seller.

Nah other than Monday nigh combat or whatever it was called fps moba is a small genre. Titanfall ruled except all of their dlc was not more perks and upgrades and instead maps therby nearly instantly killing the game.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Barudak posted:

Nah other than Monday nigh combat or whatever it was called fps moba is a small genre. Titanfall ruled except all of their dlc was not more perks and upgrades and instead maps therby nearly instantly killing the game.

Nah Titanfall populations were plummeting before that. Titanfall was a pretty great 30 dollar title and a terrible 60 dollar one.

Foil posted:

10 MILLION MINUTES STREAMED. OVER FIFTY FIVE BILLION ELEPHANTS OF TITANS DROPPED.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

We're at 174 pages

Going for 1080 :getin:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sedisp posted:

Nah Titanfall populations were plummeting before that. Titanfall was a pretty great 30 dollar title and a terrible 60 dollar one.

10 MILLION MINUTES STREAMED. OVER FIFTY FIVE BILLION ELEPHANTS OF TITANS DROPPED.

Oh they were definitely declining but that was the end. If your not CoD or what have you releasing map packs is a sure fire way to kill your game faster.

It also had hilarious bug on PC where the autolockon gun was programmed explicitly with console in mind so what was balanced and interesting choice on console could with a decent rig and changes in the options become a diabolical murder machine.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sedisp posted:

Almost half the pixels of Mario Wii U seen!

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Halo 2 isnt quite 900p.

1328x1080=1434240
1600x900= 1440000

widescreen (16x9) aspect ratio is 1.78
fullscreen (4x3) aspect ratio is 1.33
halo 2 screen (166x135) aspect ratio is 1.23

expect halo 2's campaign to either be very jagged, or to have a soap opera filter.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sex Prospector posted:

Halo 2 isnt quite 900p.

1328x1080=1434240
1600x900= 1440000

widescreen (16x9) aspect ratio is 1.78
fullscreen (4x3) aspect ratio is 1.33
halo 2 screen (166x135) aspect ratio is 1.23

expect halo 2's campaign to either be very jagged, or to have a soap opera filter.

The human eye can't see the difference, nerd

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia

Barudak posted:

The game was poo poo and it didn't retain players for any long period of time. Its not anything other than the game being poo poo. If it "ruled" then there would be a ton of people playing it still, which at this point I see more people playing old call of duty titles than Titanfall.

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Foil posted:

The game was poo poo and it didn't retain players for any long period of time. Its not anything other than the game being poo poo. If it "ruled" then there would be a ton of people playing it still, which at this point I see more people playing old call of duty titles than Titanfall.

Titanfall was fun for a few months when there was a huge game drought for the One. Charging for DLC was stupid though and split the player base.

Is there somewhere where you can see the number of people still playing Titanfall, like what Battlefield does? I see some of my friends playing it still.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

VincesUndies posted:

Titanfall was fun for a few months when there was a huge game drought for the One. Charging for DLC was stupid though and split the player base.

Is there somewhere where you can see the number of people still playing Titanfall, like what Battlefield does? I see some of my friends playing it still.

I try every so often but don't get a full game. I still get full games on Ghosts, and everybody seems down on that game.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

VincesUndies posted:

I don't know of a place for Titanfall-specific numbers. Someone scraped the battlefield 4 figures since the start of the year though:

Foil
Apr 19, 2006
Now with more paranoia
I don't think it was the DLC that did it, if people liked the game they would have wanted more about bought the DLC. It really just fell short, it was trying very hard to be a "next gen" shooter but in the end it felt last gen, looked last gen, and had less staying and selling power than last gen titles.

It couldn't keep an audience and its not like it didn't try - the game was bundled in a pretty big selling (for the xbox one) bundle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

You can see in March how much Titanfall impacted BF4 numbers.

Foil posted:

I don't think it was the DLC that did it, if people liked the game they would have wanted more about bought the DLC. It really just fell short, it was trying very hard to be a "next gen" shooter but in the end it felt last gen, looked last gen, and had less staying and selling power than last gen titles.

It couldn't keep an audience and its not like it didn't try - the game was bundled in a pretty big selling (for the xbox one) bundle.
I definitely got my money's worth out of Titanfall, unlike Destiny. That's the only game I've regretted buying since Dragon Age 2.

VincesUndies fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 8, 2014

• Locked thread