Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Emron posted:

Okay, got my gamebreaking item. So the idea now is to put just the makai wars alone on one bio suit, let it "run wild" or whatever the turn neutral spell is, and just kill/retry until it drops a copy of it, right? Then put it on a second bio suit, third, etc, until I have 9 going all at once?

Basically, yeah.

E: Here's a video demonstrating it. It's in Japanese, but you can figure out what's going on without reading the text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The real trick is getting that damned stick. I lost track of how many times i popped the chest from that level 1000 nekomata i caught and still haven't gotten anything. I've moved back to Persona 4 for now. I can't help but wonder what other requirements I might be missing.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I have item worlded some 20 times for a grand total of close to 700 levels and haven't seen the promotionhell vendor once >: /

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

5er posted:

I have item worlded some 20 times for a grand total of close to 700 levels and haven't seen the promotionhell vendor once >: /

I saw him one time when I was around mostly level 100 and of course did not have the billions of HL he requires. Maybe he will never show up again. I think I'll hit MO4 for a while and make sure I have a hundred billion or so before I start item worlding again so I can get all his maps if I see him again.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hunter Noventa posted:

The real trick is getting that damned stick. I lost track of how many times i popped the chest from that level 1000 nekomata i caught and still haven't gotten anything. I've moved back to Persona 4 for now. I can't help but wonder what other requirements I might be missing.

I got all poo poo at level 1000 enemies, but got almost nothing but ship parts and the PPS when I used max level (20 star) nekomatas.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Emron posted:

I got all poo poo at level 1000 enemies, but got almost nothing but ship parts and the PPS when I used max level (20 star) nekomatas.

Interesting, might have to give that a try after i level my Val up higher to catch them.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Woohoo! Found the X-Dimension scalper after a couple hours of save scumming the Item World. I love that D4V makes all the tickets available simultaneously from one wolf. Almost as easy as DD2's just making LoC a switch in the Cheat Shop.

E: He said, before he learned about the "find the ship parts" nonsense. I love the Disgaea games and all, but they really lean hard on luck-based content extenders sometimes.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 1, 2014

5er
Jun 1, 2000

projecthalaxy posted:

Woohoo! Found the X-Dimension scalper after a couple hours of save scumming the Item World. I love that D4V makes all the tickets available simultaneously from one wolf. Almost as easy as DD2's just making LoC a switch in the Cheat Shop.

E: He said, before he learned about the "find the ship parts" nonsense. I love the Disgaea games and all, but they really lean hard on luck-based content extenders sometimes.

Yeah it's fuckin annoying. I still haven't found it yet and I've been through three more iw delves.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Tales of Stupid Character Development!

I wanted to get fist skills on my thief. I had her at lv2000 anyway and figured it'd be a nice start to storing levels for them luscious reincarnation benefits. Screw Chara World I figured, I had Tyrant Valvatorez I wanted to grind away at MO4 awhile anyway (cheat shop is giving me 500% cap on point redistribution, it goes pretty fast), I can just drop my punchy thief project on the XP and mana sharing block I had in Cam-pain HQ.

I reincarnated to a necro, remembering that they're the class that's got that 9th tier fist ability. I figure if they've got that, they must have 1 thru 6. 15 minutes of grinding later, I've got my project to lv.700, plenty of mana to spare. I promote through all the tiers (poo poo that needs doing for a trophy anyway), hit the evility vendor, and uh... just that one final tier punch ability is there. No big! There's mana to burn, we can just reincarnate to something else.

I go for the female ninja. 700 again, tiers paid off again, and everything but Big Bang. Now, at this point I should've consulted an FAQ but I didn't. Reincarnated to a cowboy, exact same results (though I do think I got the tier 5 and 6 of gun abilities off this one).

I think at this point, I should do a bouncer probably. But! I didn't want to waste time so I checked online finally... and discovered I should've started with the bouncer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Does the PSP Makai Kingdom have english voice acting? I assume not, but since most NIS english games have japanese voices I figure it's worth a shot.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

FINALLY. 25billion HL in the bank, 350hr save file, and I finally get the Promotionhell ticket vendor. I think I just bought fifty tickets, and it didn't even make a bitty dent in my warchest.

edit: oh great I apparently still have to find the vendor again on floors 50-99 of an item.

5er fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 7, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

5er posted:

FINALLY. 25billion HL in the bank, 350hr save file, and I finally get the Promotionhell ticket vendor. I think I just bought fifty tickets, and it didn't even make a bitty dent in my warchest.

edit: oh great I apparently still have to find the vendor again on floors 50-99 of an item.

Not if you are playing on Vita! the one vendor has them all at once. I stopped trying to find the ship parts you need after that and did the two DLC campaigns (Fuka and Desco and the Time Leap). They are OK. I guess I should get back to trying to grind out the captures and treasure finding needed because LoC will make MO4 grinding for Zetta and Baal much faster.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

projecthalaxy posted:

Not if you are playing on Vita! the one vendor has them all at once. I stopped trying to find the ship parts you need after that and did the two DLC campaigns (Fuka and Desco and the Time Leap). They are OK. I guess I should get back to trying to grind out the captures and treasure finding needed because LoC will make MO4 grinding for Zetta and Baal much faster.

Oh thank christ for you. I was just going by the Disgaea wikia article I skimmed, and was preparing to root around in my inventory for some lv1 legendary item to invade. I know there's poo poo else to do that will make the lv1 legendary stuff worthwhile, but glad I won't be wasting time unnecessarily bent on re-finding the vendor.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

The luck-based bullshit in this game can become so goddamn frustrating at times. I have collected all but one of the pirate ship parts, the last one being held by the Red Pirates. So now I'm savescumming in a level 81+ item (on the Item Boost route), and have run into almost everyone BUT them. God drat. I just want my trophy :qq:

I'm also crazy enough to attempt to platinum this game. Something's terribly wrong with me.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got the promotionhell vendor really early but only had enough money for the cheaper maps, yeah. I'm talking like, 10 hours in early. I took a bit of a break from the game though since so much stuff is coming out now.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

I've seen the promotionhell vendor twice more since hitting him that first time >: /

I have also met the scalper, and ouch. THAT guy in two visits has cut me down from 25bil HL to about 8.

Also, I've put the voices to Japanese for item worlding because I hear there's a glitch/crash if left to English. Laharl's Japanese level up laughter is just the best. He's like a junior Mishima Heihachi.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Aaaand the Red Pirates have spawned. There's my trophy :getin:

Now for Dedicated Collector...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I am currently trying to coax out the Meowkin pirates so I can get part of Flonzor X. They are, so far, hiding. Is there anything I can do to increase pirate spawn rates? I know D3 had a club for it.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

projecthalaxy posted:

I am currently trying to coax out the Meowkin pirates so I can get part of Flonzor X. They are, so far, hiding. Is there anything I can do to increase pirate spawn rates? I know D3 had a club for it.

http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Item_World_Radar

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

OK, so I just make sure I have someone standing in the item world radar, jump into my floor 94 Requiem, and then reload until I see a ship right below me? Doable.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

projecthalaxy posted:

OK, so I just make sure I have someone standing in the item world radar, jump into my floor 94 Requiem, and then reload until I see a ship right below me? Doable.

I'd recommend using the Character World to boost the number of slots in the Item World Radar area to 6. The more people in the Item World Radar group, the higher chances of things spawning (supposedly). If you don't know how to do that, what you need to do is clear all the geo-blocks on any floor before 9 to open a Mystery Gate. It could lead to prinnies that teach rank 8 or 9 weapon skills, or an Armor Knight that lets you boost the number of slots in an Evil Area the character is a member of. The max number of slots per area is 6. In the Campaign HQ, when you put down Evil Symbols, you can Edit Area of those that have more slots unlocked and select what spaces you want to add.

If you're searching for certain pirates, I'd also recommend going only as far as you need for them to appear, as if you go all the way to floor 91 you have to deal with everyone else having a chance to spawn, too. Meowkin pirates spawn on floors 91+ in the PS3 version, but I've seen them as early as 51+ on the Vita, and possibly as early as 21+, IIRC. Pirates will also never spawn on floors with Mystery Gates.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
every time I have met the weapon skill prinny he refuses to sell the higher level techs

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Neurion posted:

I'd recommend using the Character World to boost the number of slots in the Item World Radar area to 6. The more people in the Item World Radar group, the higher chances of things spawning (supposedly). If you don't know how to do that, what you need to do is clear all the geo-blocks on any floor before 9 to open a Mystery Gate. It could lead to prinnies that teach rank 8 or 9 weapon skills, or an Armor Knight that lets you boost the number of slots in an Evil Area the character is a member of. The max number of slots per area is 6. In the Campaign HQ, when you put down Evil Symbols, you can Edit Area of those that have more slots unlocked and select what spaces you want to add.

If you're searching for certain pirates, I'd also recommend going only as far as you need for them to appear, as if you go all the way to floor 91 you have to deal with everyone else having a chance to spawn, too. Meowkin pirates spawn on floors 91+ in the PS3 version, but I've seen them as early as 51+ on the Vita, and possibly as early as 21+, IIRC. Pirates will also never spawn on floors with Mystery Gates.

Thanks! I'll look into expanding the area, I don't think I have anyone on it now anyway so even the first 3 will help. I think I will also get a new legendary item, something low rank instead of my rank 32 staff and its 4-digit level enemies. The difficulty/rank of the item doesn't change whether/which pirates spawn does it?

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

projecthalaxy posted:

The difficulty/rank of the item doesn't change whether/which pirates spawn does it?

As far as I can tell, no. I found the Meowkin Pirates VERY early in my game through sheer luck. It was getting the rest of the LoC pirate ship parts via disciplining that was the tedious part for me.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Neurion posted:

As far as I can tell, no. I found the Meowkin Pirates VERY early in my game through sheer luck. It was getting the rest of the LoC pirate ship parts via disciplining that was the tedious part for me.

Yeah I have one of the discipline parts and it took me entirely too long to get it so I am ignoring that for now and working on getting the Meowkins. Then I will have to do the discipline loop again and I will be sad!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Badass. After I read a few chapters from the Bible I'm gonna hop on this game some more.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

projecthalaxy posted:

Yeah I have one of the discipline parts and it took me entirely too long to get it so I am ignoring that for now and working on getting the Meowkins. Then I will have to do the discipline loop again and I will be sad!

If you've unlocked the X-Dimension, I'd highly recommend starting a new cycle and do NOT clear ANY story maps. Clear X-Dim map 8-8 only, because that map is the highest one that is quick and easy to clear when you're treasure hunting. Expand the size of your Discipline Evil Area to 6 and staff it to full; the more units you have in that Evil Area, the more discipline actions you can do between each battle. You'll also want to make sure Valvatorez' level is at least 2000, preferably maxed at 9999, as you cannot capture units whose level is higher than his. Use the Cheat Shop's enemy level function and the Item World to capture enemies between levels 1000 and 3000, as that seems to be the sweet spot for the best chance to get pirate ship part treasures from disciplining. Use this handy table to determine what each class has a chance of producing when disciplined. When you discipline, bring the subject's SP down to 0 (or close enough that you can interrogate them for treasure chests), leave the discipline room and save. The contents of the treasure chest are determined when you do the interrogation. Interrogate them, go to the map the chest appeared on (if you only clear X-Dim 8-8 then they will only appear there), and break open the chest. If it's not a ship part reload and try again. Yes, this will take a LOT of save scumming.

Oh, yes, Prinnies do not appear in the Item World, so save their ship parts for last, capturing them from X-Dim 7-6.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

AkumaHokoru posted:

every time I have met the weapon skill prinny he refuses to sell the higher level techs

He's going to have 7 and 8's, but the 9's are only unlocked by specific classes or characters.

edit: I've only done chara world sparingly, but the four times I've run into him he's had either tier 7 or tier 8 skills. Not sure if he's a bitch and will sometimes give you 6 and unders.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

5er posted:

He's going to have 7 and 8's, but the 9's are only unlocked by specific classes or characters.

edit: I've only done chara world sparingly, but the four times I've run into him he's had either tier 7 or tier 8 skills. Not sure if he's a bitch and will sometimes give you 6 and unders.

he only sells 7's 8's and 9's

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Neurion posted:

If you've unlocked the X-Dimension, I'd highly recommend starting a new cycle and do NOT clear ANY story maps. Clear X-Dim map 8-8 only, because that map is the highest one that is quick and easy to clear when you're treasure hunting. Expand the size of your Discipline Evil Area to 6 and staff it to full; the more units you have in that Evil Area, the more discipline actions you can do between each battle. You'll also want to make sure Valvatorez' level is at least 2000, preferably maxed at 9999, as you cannot capture units whose level is higher than his. Use the Cheat Shop's enemy level function and the Item World to capture enemies between levels 1000 and 3000, as that seems to be the sweet spot for the best chance to get pirate ship part treasures from disciplining. Use this handy table to determine what each class has a chance of producing when disciplined. When you discipline, bring the subject's SP down to 0 (or close enough that you can interrogate them for treasure chests), leave the discipline room and save. The contents of the treasure chest are determined when you do the interrogation. Interrogate them, go to the map the chest appeared on (if you only clear X-Dim 8-8 then they will only appear there), and break open the chest. If it's not a ship part reload and try again. Yes, this will take a LOT of save scumming.

Oh, yes, Prinnies do not appear in the Item World, so save their ship parts for last, capturing them from X-Dim 7-6.

I really wish I had known this. I cleared a level in...chapter 4 that was easy for me to clear, but I didn't realize that the contents were determined on interrogation, not map entry. Nor was I aware that the map itself mattered as far as getting the parts/PPS. Lovely.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Anybody else notice a few odd/glaring typoes in D4V's Time Leap? A few random H's (or something that looks like an H) and a "if you have time to care of me, blah blah" that's missing, I think, a "take" spring to mind.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Does time traveling/starting a new cycle reset your Cheat Shop points? I know I'll lose my Item World access, have to relevel my shops, etc. but I'd hate to lose my EXP boosts.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

Does time traveling/starting a new cycle reset your Cheat Shop points? I know I'll lose my Item World access, have to relevel my shops, etc. but I'd hate to lose my EXP boosts.

Actually you can go into Item World and your shops don't reset with a new cycle, and neither do your unlocked cheat points.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Epsilon Plus posted:

All you DO lose is any story-related characters will be unrecruited (they'll be how you left them when you get them back, though), X-Dimension completion, and post-game content is reset.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Boxart spotted. Tons of new looking units such as... a luchador?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

There's also the very tiny green pixie thing above the luchador and behind the Blue Mage's head. Wonder what its deal is.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
God drat, I can hardly wait! If i could actually find time to grind in DD2 I would play it more. 100 characters on the screen, holy gently caress, you could just spam stuff down.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 16, 2014

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I'm just annoyed it's on PS4, can't justify the expense of one yet.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Welcome back Humanoid Ifrits

Zombie Maid (change to the necromancer?)
Luchador (change to the brawler?)
Hello New Armor Knights (top right black armor and bottom left black armor)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So going back to D4 Vita, I have a question about Flonzor X parts. Most of the guides talk about gathering P Flonzor X parts. I just noticed that the three parts I have are 2 G Flonzor X parts and one U Flonzor X part. The guides and wikis seem split on this, so I'll ask here: will those work, or are they additional red herrings to keep me out of the Land of Carnage?

• Locked thread