Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Knifegrab posted:

Oh duh, that makes more sense.

I feel like shadow hand (or whatever he's called after he transforms) doesn't telegraph at all so its impossible to counter.

The dog/wolf/scorpion/whatever form is pretty easy. Try blocking things rather than dodging, at least until you can tell what's coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Oh duh, that makes more sense.

I feel like shadow hand (or whatever he's called after he transforms) doesn't telegraph at all so its impossible to counter.
He telegraphs a decent amount. The giant form always clutches at his head and stuff before attacking, the scorpion form always reels back, and the sword form has to move into the right position before attacking, since each of his attacks require him to be in a specific location.

Metroixer
Apr 25, 2009

maddecent
I haven't seen a Diddy Kong user online besides myself, which is amazing. He's a really fast character and can do a lot of fun combos. My only issue with him is that his Up + B is clunky and awful but still nothing impossible to handle. Half the time I think the reason why I win as Diddy online is because no one knows what he can even do.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Metroixer posted:

I haven't seen a Diddy Kong user online besides myself, which is amazing. He's a really fast character and can do a lot of fun combos. My only issue with him is that his Up + B is clunky and awful but still nothing impossible to handle. Half the time I think the reason why I win as Diddy online is because no one knows what he can even do.

Nobody plays online as anything but Shulk, Greninja, and Mac. Think I saw a couple Zeldas and a Shiek in there too.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I play as the Wa online, myself

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

alcharagia posted:

Coins are used for increasing the difficulty of standard mode, buying trophies, and playing TROPHY RUSH.

You get 100% by hitting the credit tiles into the bits of the picture that are missing. All of them.

One thing I didn't realize at first about credits tiles is that the location the tiles fill in on the picture corresponds to what side of the screen you're on when you hit the tiles.

I noticed this when I did it as a Gunner Mii and only stayed on the left side, jumping and spamming Up-A or whatever. Only the left side of the picture got filled in, and I had like 70%. When I played through Classic on Bowser, I tried corresponding what credits I was hitting to what areas of the picture I needed to fill in, and finally got 100%.

And no you do not need to hit 100% of the credits to get 100% completion of the picture

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man, the Samuses (Samii?) just poo poo all over Little Mac, all day long. He can power through Samus's missiles but they still ramp up the damage, then you just grapple him and go to town.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

HJE-Cobra posted:

And no you do not need to hit 100% of the credits to get 100% completion of the picture

i meant all the missing bits. hitting 100% of the credits is probably impossible

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

alcharagia posted:

i meant all the missing bits. hitting 100% of the credits is probably impossible

Play donkey kong. Down+B the whole time in the center.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Man, the Samuses (Samii?) just poo poo all over Little Mac, all day long. He can power through Samus's missiles but they still ramp up the damage, then you just grapple him and go to town.

Yeah, Samus is probably the hardest matchup I've had with Mac. My one salvation is that the beam grab becomes kind of predictable so you can capitalize on that but if you gently caress up and get caught by it you're gonna be in bad shape. Link is another tricky matchup for the same reasons.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alcharagia posted:

pikachu, down b spam

also if you have equipment that spawns you with a beam sword or a mr. saturn or something, equip it. you'll have that item in the credits minigame, too. throw it upwards and it'll just keep bouncing around constantly, getting a good 60-80% all on its own.

Nut Better
Feb 17, 2011

:same:

HJE-Cobra posted:

One thing I didn't realize at first about credits tiles is that the location the tiles fill in on the picture corresponds to what side of the screen you're on when you hit the tiles.

I noticed this when I did it as a Gunner Mii and only stayed on the left side, jumping and spamming Up-A or whatever. Only the left side of the picture got filled in, and I had like 70%. When I played through Classic on Bowser, I tried corresponding what credits I was hitting to what areas of the picture I needed to fill in, and finally got 100%.

Just to put it another way, the picture is filled in at the spot where the individual credit disappeared. So if you have one spot left on the picture to fill in, you have to smash a credit just as it's covering that spot.

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

actually no

you hit the smash ball until you're glowing and then you just hit b

no need for two at the same time
Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering why I was having such a hard time activating my smash ability :downs:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Nut Better posted:

Just to put it another way, the picture is filled in at the spot where the individual credit disappeared. So if you have one spot left on the picture to fill in, you have to smash a credit just as it's covering that spot.

Which is a giant pain when it's a tiny sliver.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Nut Better posted:

Ohhhhhhhhhh THAT'S how it works, I thought you had to like show how many you could knock out at a time with each individual move because I remember hearing in the game that if you repeat an attack too often it weakens in strength, so I thought "well they wanna see how varied I can get".

Bowser Jr. is loving adorable :3: I mean jeez he's just the cutest little munchster that ever wielded a razorblade in your face, I managed to wreck Master Core pretty nicely with him. But I'm gonna have to say

Charizard is my main bro, so SO happy he's loving in this game and even a solo too! This guy was the only way I ever managed to beat the boss rush on Extreme back in Brawl.
Rock Smash. Always Rock Smash. So yeah I'm super happy to see him back when I just wanna maul the gently caress out of everything.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Okay so Little Mac absolutely, positively, utterly destroys Master Core.

I managed to no-death it on Intensity 9, not even getting to 100% damage.

poo poo's wack, yo.

Now if only the game would let me get that one move I have left to unlock for Mac...

Any advice for this? I can barely get past the first MC phase on Intensity 9, let alone no-deaths.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
If you aren't prideful or anything, you can bring your customizations into Classic mode. (Not All-Star, oddly.) After you start getting some of the higher level gear that can cancel out all of the decreases, I imagine 9.0 is more doable.

Though Master Core's mirror match form does also copy your customizations, bonus effects and all, so...good luck with that.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Kaethela posted:

Any advice for this? I can barely get past the first MC phase on Intensity 9, let alone no-deaths.
Yeah maybe I should mention that I always play with customs 'cause it's my favourite thing introduced to Smash Bros ever, so my Little Mac is at +23 Attack, +44 Defence and +3 Speed.

Even then, it's basically just... punch. A lot. And hard. Little Mac has the damage output to end the forms before they hurt you too much. The clone was by far the easiest form, too. It didn't do much beyond getting repeatedly punched in the face.

And then what goes for every single character you take on Master Core with (at least, it's what I figure at the moment) - learn the timing to dodge every attack it does (not too hard because the human and sword forms telegraph their attacks a shitton), and the best attack is almost always a quick smash. It's better to wait with attacking to dodge if you need to, and get your smashes in between attacks.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 8, 2014

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

PantsBandit posted:

Nobody plays online as anything but Shulk, Greninja, and Mac. Think I saw a couple Zeldas and a Shiek in there too.

I definitely see shittons of macs, but haven't fought a single Geninja or Shulk. Seen quite a few Zeldas and Rosalinas, and a lot of Capt Falcons.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013

CodfishCartographer posted:

I definitely see shittons of macs, but haven't fought a single Geninja or Shulk. Seen quite a few Zeldas and Rosalinas, and a lot of Capt Falcons.

I've seen an Olimar and he kicked my rear end up one side of the street and back down the other against every single character I'm even close to being good with. Ended up beating him with Link though.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Huh, that's funny because I play Falcon and I don't think I've ever seen another one. Think I've seen like one Rosalina maybe.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Which mode are you guys playing to see so many macs, ninja's and shulks? I hop into for fun every now and then and I see plenty of diversity. One match it was two charizards and a ninja, next it was jiggles, luigi, and rob.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Fibby Boy posted:

Which mode are you guys playing to see so many macs, ninja's and shulks? I hop into for fun every now and then and I see plenty of diversity. One match it was two charizards and a ninja, next it was jiggles, luigi, and rob.

For Glory, 1v1. Lots of Little Macs, Greninjas, and Shulks.

I feel very lonely as the only King Dedede.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I've been having a lot of fun with Morton online. It still seems to surprise a lot of folks that his clown car explodes after you up-B... had several kills just by waiting for some aggressive player to run up and dodge at me only to up-B away and watch them explode.It's also funny to briefly see a Koopa kid sans-clown car soaring through the air. You can get hit that way, also.

His side-B drills have some nice smacking power too. One thing I'm not sure a lot of people are aware of is that he takes more damage if you hit the Koopa himself vs. the clown car - they have separate hit boxes.

e: For Fun only though, gently caress 1v1 Mac-athons

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

I don't know why people are complaining about Fox's voice when it's the guy that originally voiced him in SF64, the one that everybody loves?

It's even better now that you can hear him very clearly!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Fibby Boy posted:

Yeah I almost exclusively play For Glory unless I'm playing with goons/imps. Mostly because of the near omnipresent lag and stupid time limit in For Fun.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

As much as I absolutely love the idea of it, I'm beginning to think that Pac-man's Final Smash isn't all that good. :(

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah I almost exclusively play For Glory unless I'm playing with goons/imps. Mostly because of the near omnipresent lag and stupid time limit in For Fun.

Time limit is stupid yeah. But I have more fun with that than 1v1. Smash isn't fun for me without lots of things happening all the time.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kelp Plankton posted:

For Glory, 1v1. Lots of Little Macs, Greninjas, and Shulks.

I feel very lonely as the only King Dedede.

I play almost entirely 1v1 for glory and haven't seen anyone play Shulk besides myself.

Also the only time I've seen another Dedede is when I decided to play him one time. We spent the entire match laying down and rolling at each other. God I love The King, he's probably my second most-played behind Shulk.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I don't know why people are complaining about Fox's voice when it's the guy that originally voiced him in SF64, the one that everybody loves?

It's even better now that you can hear him very clearly!

He sounds like he has a stuffy nose. Also I've never played Star Fox so I have no attachment to said voice.

FighterKnuckles
Apr 17, 2010

The truth is in sight!

Cleretic posted:

EDT I've been playing this and lving it since it came out, but can someone tell me how to use Shulk and Pac-Man's neutral Bs? I have the same issue with both of them, that I just have no clue what I'm looking for in the cycle. It's worse with Shulk, since Monado Arts is basically his bread and butter.

I was the one who wrote the bit on Pac-Man, mostly going over what each fruit does. You can find that post here.

As for Pac-Man's final smash not being that great, there's a single secret to it that makes it amazing. You can loop around from one side of the stage to the other like in the original arcade game, it won't KO you. It's kinda great actually

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wish the level 9 ai did something other than read my inputs and counter its a pain in the rear end as is.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

ChaosArgate posted:

He sounds like he has a stuffy nose. Also I've never played Star Fox so I have no attachment to said voice.

Look, there aren't any swords in the Lylat system. Dude's allergic, okay?

Bunmo
Jul 9, 2009

Grape
Soda
Banked
So I got this game at a pretty lackluster midnight release but it's fun and I like the new characters a lot (just unlocked Bowser Jr. Iggy!). My only real complaint so far is that when I unlocked Dark Pit I was like "Huh it's weird that they would put an alternate costume for Pit as an unlock." Then got really dang annoyed when it was a character. I would have much rather had Waluigi! :mad:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

KennyMan666 posted:

Yeah maybe I should mention that I always play with customs 'cause it's my favourite thing introduced to Smash Bros ever, so my Little Mac is at +23 Attack, +44 Defence and +3 Speed.

Seriously everybody, load up on Defense and Attack equipment for Intensity 9. The game is basically cheating at that level so you need every edge you can get.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
Yep, just confirmed, equipment...doesn't trivialize 9.0 but it makes it a hell of a lot easier than initial thought. Did it first try with my sword-dorf - +25 Attack, +3 Defense, +22 Speed.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dr Pepper posted:

Seriously everybody, load up on Defense and Attack equipment for Intensity 9. The game is basically cheating at that level so you need every edge you can get.

I beat intensity 9 on my first try with a customless Robin. It's a matter of being able to predict attack patterns from Master Core, and if you're able to understand what it's about to do, then things become rather simple.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

You can also kinda combo into it if you forward throw someone and then launch it.

Also holy poo poo really?

Yeah, it's a noticeable improvement too.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Slur posted:

I beat intensity 9 on my first try with a customless Robin. It's a matter of being able to predict attack patterns from Master Core, and if you're able to understand what it's about to do, then things become rather simple.

Some characters are just better equipped. I used a standard Dedede and he wrecked shop, granted a lot of it was just spotting tells and dodging correctly. The other part was spamming Gordos at my shadow self because he doesn't understand how to send them back at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
My most seen character in 1v1 For Glory is definitely Little Mac, then it's a decent drop off to Sheik/Greninja/Falcon. Never-seens are probably Luigi, Olimar, and Bowser.. everyone else falls sort of in the middle but honestly the gap between my never-seens to the "middle seens" like Link is much much closer than the "all the times" to the middles. It's not really a range, there's a ton of people using the same few characters it looks like

• Locked thread