Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Zsinjeh posted:

Is that the one where he says he should spend his money wisely on an auction and then the moment the prize is beer he just screams BEER and spends all his money. And then just completely chugs it in a second. I just remember dying at their description of the whole thing.

God I miss RSS so bad, especially with the new reality show Utopia going on at the moment.

Yup and then he gets voted out that night; it's pretty fantastic. The whole season is really, really good, if you ever wanted to watch Survivor. Good personalities, and having context for all of Sean and Haye's bits really makes the episodes even funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

This week's Hollywood Handbook guest sounds so bewildered and uncomfortable.

edit: Now she's just shutting down entirely and answering their absurd questions with "...what do you want me to say?".

Tacier fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Sep 30, 2014

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Tacier posted:

edit: Now she's just shutting down entirely and answering their absurd questions with "...what do you want me to say?".

I misread the HH entry on the Earwolf front page timeline and briefly thought Lauren Lapkus was the guest instead of Professor Blastoff's guest and I couldn't make sense of that supposed fact with what you had written. But the actual reality makes sense.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Tacier posted:

Wow. I assume someone dropped out and they grabbed this Twitter user off the street?

GREAT EP THOUGH

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I wanna know about Chinese guys.

Sorry, Eastern.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I wanna know about Chinese guys.

Sorry, Eastern.

the, uh, mongoloid gentleman

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
You probably wouldn't notice there was a new Affirmation Nation since it's still in the "other shows" section of Earwolf where they put all the cancelled podcasts.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/new-beginnings/

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Trujillo posted:

You probably wouldn't notice there was a new Affirmation Nation since it's still in the "other shows" section of Earwolf where they put all the cancelled podcasts.

Thank you for this, you're right

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Yesterday, I was gonna make post in this thread musing about what the odds are of Affirmation Nation returning like was teased at the very beginning of the year. Woulda looked prescient had I bothered, but instead I'm just glad something came of that promise.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Trujillo posted:

Affirmation Nation has its own separate listing with all 200+ episodes. Not sure if it's new though since I only just subscribed today.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
On this weeks I4H Lapkus goes from "people always say I do gross things on here, I don't see it" to playing a coprophagic character in like, 20 minutes.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Squishy posted:

On this weeks I4H Lapkus goes from "people always say I do gross things on here, I don't see it" to playing a coprophagic character in like, 20 minutes.

This entire episode was fantastic. I'm listening through again to try & figure out which scene produced this photo:

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 3, 2014

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I suspect he's making eye contact with his daughter while talking about his sex-life.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

Conrad_Birdie posted:

So on my days off I like to be lazy and marathon seasons of Survivor, and the one I'm currently watching is the same one Hayes and Sean were covering during RSS. It's a delight to hear some of these bits in context, although that doesn't make them any less funny. "These fools is lunch meat." "I'm playing NBA pro ball, all air." "I NEED A DRINK." It's making me wanna go listen through to RSS again, or at least relisten to the Cochran episodes of RSS and HH.

John rocker being on this season of survivor makes me wish RSS still existed so bad.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Has this been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQoCxo01wDY

in tears.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

:lol: :laffo:

This is so wonderful.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Holy poo poo.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Needs more reverb

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I'd like to listen to that but to really appreciate it I need to get a live drummer and maybe a trumpeter over to my house first.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think the songs on the last ep of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project might me some of the best comedy songs I've ever heard.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think the songs on the last ep of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project might me some of the best comedy songs I've ever heard.

I agree. I re-listened to ADPPP recently and those are amazing. The Journeymen songs from the Dalton Wilcox episode are also really good, but as jokes to go with the podcast the Irish ones really knock it out of the park.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Greggy posted:

I agree. I re-listened to ADPPP recently and those are amazing. The Journeymen songs from the Dalton Wilcox episode are also really good, but as jokes to go with the podcast the Irish ones really knock it out of the park.

It might help that the Irishmen songs were presumably new to fit with the podcast, while the Journeymen songs had been created a good several months before the podcast.

That bit about The Journeymen's album being on Bandcamp is actually not a joke, there's a full album up for purchase.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I'm a couple of weeks behind with HH, but the Teaser Freezer on that Denzel movie is so loving funny.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm very happy that the Cards Against Humanity saga continues

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The part where they hung people out the windows was too scary.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

That Hollywood Handbook was gold from start to finish

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

Jeff mentions in that ep that he (can't remember if it was with Midroll or Earwolf) made his first million dollar offer for a podcast recently (at the time of the taping). I wonder what that was.

Sounds like this has been announced:

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/chris-hardwick-strikes-deal-monetize-his-companys-popular-nerd-podcasts-160637

Huge get for Midroll. Hopefully this will lead to more/better advertisers, too, it's so weird that there are only a handful of advertisers interested in podcasts.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

anotherone posted:

Sounds like this has been announced:

http://www.adweek.com/news/technology/chris-hardwick-strikes-deal-monetize-his-companys-popular-nerd-podcasts-160637

Huge get for Midroll. Hopefully this will lead to more/better advertisers, too, it's so weird that there are only a handful of advertisers interested in podcasts.

Pretty big. It'd be cool if Earwolf helped them with production, too. Some of those podcasts are unlistenable, unprofessionally mastered. If you are getting ad revenue for a podcast, you should know how to use a compressor (I think I heard engineer cody Bret complain about this recently, too)

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm hoping now that the Uh, Yeah Dude guys were on The Mark Meron SHow WIth Mark they'll invest in some headphones and real mics so they aren't constantly extremely quiet.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Ouch. Hardwick has been saying "points" professionally for a year now and he's still best known for pretending to care about Walking Dead?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Poopy Palpy posted:

Ouch. Hardwick has been saying "points" professionally for a year now and he's still best known for pretending to care about Walking Dead?

Talking Dead has approximately 10x the viewership of @Midnight

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Maybe Todd will make enough money to hire funny people to be on the podcast again. :colbert:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
Here are some of the results of that survey I'm sure we all filled out:

http://awesome.midroll.com/

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Do people in this thread generally find Chris Hardwick to be funny? Not trying to rile anyone, but I've always found him and Pete Holmes to be a real drag of try-too-hard comedy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't really like him but I am impressed by his good looks and immortality

I'm ok with sitting through his dumb points thing if there are good guests on @midnight but I've never listened to his podcast

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I genuinely enjoy them both when they are guests on other podcasts, but I don't listen to Nerdist or YMIW because yeah too much of them becomes grating. I hear them each like 2-3 times a year and that seems to work out fine.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Not a fan of his standup.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Do people in this thread generally find Chris Hardwick to be funny? Not trying to rile anyone, but I've always found him and Pete Holmes to be a real drag of try-too-hard comedy.

nah, i agree with you on both counts.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hardwick's OK but doesn't really bring much on whichever podcasts I've seen him in. I like Pete Holmes for his fearlessness to be annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Conversations about who is and is not funny are great.