Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Jordan7hm posted:

Florida is going to be goddawful and Luongo isn't a particularly great goalie anymore. He could easily post a .910 season on a team where nobody scores more than 50 points. That is a recipe for disaster. Even if he posts a .925 the ceiling for that team is probably Elliott's mid-point.

I disagree, Florida won't be a disaster or godawful. They won't be good though.

They were poo poo last year and still had the 13th best team corsi in the league. Their young players are all a year older. Bolland, while overpaid, makes their center depth much better with Bjugstad and Barkov already on the team. They have promising young offensive players like Huberdeau and Shore as well as fairly reliable veteran scoring in guys like Fleischmann, Jussi Jokinen, and Boyes. They have a nice mix of defensemen between guys like Campbell, Gudbranson, Kulikov, and Ekblad.

Most importantly they have Luongo. Their best goalie prior to acquiring him was Tim Thomas, who posted a .909 and a 2.87 GAA. They played 35 games relying on such greats as Jacob Markstrom, Dan Ellis, and Scott Clemmenson. None of them posted a GAA less than 3 or a save percentage over .896. If Luongo can play to his career average, .919 and 2.51, he blows that out of the water. Even if he plays league average that's a significant improvement. It is almost impossible for them to not do better this season just by virtue of goaltending. Again, I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but I could easily see them being a middle of the pack team and Luongo putting up decent stats.

The reason I'd advocate him over Elliott is that I think he'll put up better numbers regardless (although that's my opinion more than anything) and because from what I've read the Blues are going to start grooming Allen to take over the starting role in St. Louis which means Elliott will get less playing time.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

Goaltending makes up 3/10 stats in standard and is controlled by 1-3 players. It's really important. Those bench guys in standard aren't going to play enough to make up for giving away goalie stats. Better to go for a platoon from a great team (Anaheim/St. Louis) then trust your goaltending on a guy from a team that could suck.

Basically I think it's way easier to make up the numbers in the offensive categories than it is to find goaltending -- if you're competitive in net you should be a threat to win every week, at least that has been my experience.

The problem I have with relying too much on goaltending is that they can be so drat inconsistent week to week, whereas with top tier player I have a lot more confidence that I'll get regular production out of them. There's something to be said for consistent performance.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah but if he's talking about his like 13th skater vs picking up Allen to compliment Elliott it's no contest imo. He can even trade/drop Rinne too and just go Elliott/Allen if it's two start minimum. The platoon is going to rock out with its cock out this year in STL/ANA

e: Nashville is sketchy and Rinne is sketchy, trust in the platoons brothers

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Oct 8, 2014

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

T-Bone posted:

Yeah but if he's talking about his like 13th skater vs picking up Allen to compliment Elliott it's no contest imo. He can even trade/drop Rinne too and just go Elliott/Allen if it's two start minimum. The platoon is going to rock out with its cock out this year in STL/ANA

Yeah no question.

I doubt that's an option though.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Allen is ranked far below Gibson in Yahoo rankings, he's probably there. Andersen is there too I bet if Gibson is there. Sounds like a pretty small league.

This is more fantasy strategy debate than we've had in four years

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm surprised by the amount of and the content of the replies. I put Holtby and Lu in there more as a comedy option, I don't think either of them are going to do well this year. I don't know if I want to go with Allen for the handcuff, but I think Gibson or Stalock could be good choices. I also could go with the extra skater, but I'm pretty stacked on Forwards.

That said, thanks for the feedback.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don't think Luongo will see his SV% suppressed in Florida because that stuff rarely happens to any significant degree. He was fine in the games he played post-trade so I'm inclined to think his numbers will hold up, though he might have less in the tank for the long haul I don't think that's really predictable.

If he'd been crummy post trade then yeah avoid that guy but it's likely the only stat he'll leave you wanting this year is wins IMO.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Koopa Kid posted:

I don't think Luongo will see his SV% suppressed in Florida because that stuff rarely happens to any significant degree. He was fine in the games he played post-trade so I'm inclined to think his numbers will hold up, though he might have less in the tank for the long haul I don't think that's really predictable.

If he'd been crummy post trade then yeah avoid that guy but it's likely the only stat he'll leave you wanting this year is wins IMO.

I don't think his sv% will be suppressed. I just don't think he's a .925 guy anymore.

I think he could absolutely post a .910 if his season goes sideways, and I don't see him breaking .920 over a full season. He'll probably be somewhere in the middle.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

T-Bone posted:

Allen is ranked far below Gibson in Yahoo rankings, he's probably there. Andersen is there too I bet if Gibson is there. Sounds like a pretty small league.

This is more fantasy strategy debate than we've had in four years

So I have Andersen and Allen (along with Holtby) and the best FAs are Scrivens and Anderson (Ott).

Maybe I can roll with Braden and Craig for the most part, but what would fair compensation be if I were trying to trade for Elliot or Gibson? I'm really unsure how to gauge forward or defensive value versus a split starting goalie.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

It could happen, but I just don't see the evidence of Luongo's decline yet. He only played 20 games in the short season, so I'm willing to call that a blip. He's never been a consistent .925 or anything but I would expect him around .917-.919 by seasons end.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

kalensc posted:

So I have Andersen and Allen (along with Holtby) and the best FAs are Scrivens and Anderson (Ott).

Maybe I can roll with Braden and Craig for the most part, but what would fair compensation be if I were trying to trade for Elliot or Gibson? I'm really unsure how to gauge forward or defensive value versus a split starting goalie.

Hrm I dunno if the minimum stars are two maybe you could try Holtby + X for Elliott/Gibson + Y (in theory you would probably get the better play in the X/Y comparison but I dunno he would have more leverage). I guess we'd really need to see the roster of the guys with Elliott/Gibson

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

T-Bone posted:

Hrm I dunno if the minimum stars are two maybe you could try Holtby + X for Elliott/Gibson + Y (in theory you would probably get the better play in the X/Y comparison but I dunno he would have more leverage). I guess we'd really need to see the roster of the guys with Elliott/Gibson

Yup, it's a default Yahoo league so min 2 starts. Phone-posting now but I'll get some roster lists soon, thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, I realize I made it a bit unclear, two different guys own Elliot and Gibson. I was thinking of offering deals to both and seeing who was keen.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Traded Steen for Luongo since I was desperate for a goalie in my dynasty and don't particularly believe in Steen.

Also gently caress, I really hope Dubinsky isn't seriously injured.

6 weeks. Abdominal surgery.

e- Imaginary lines ignoring real-life compatibility between players:

Steen-Kane-Semin
Elias-H. Sedin-Williams
Dupuis-Lecavalier-Heatley
Calvert-Umberger-Ryder
Morrow

Keith-Wisniewski
Krug-Zidlicky
Hjalmarsson-Tyutin
Oduya

Varlamov
Howard
McElhinney

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 9, 2014

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

drat it, Zeroordie.

e: Also, did I go on a bidding spree on a third line center?

fancy stats fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 9, 2014

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
drat it nhl schedulers :argh:

Do I play Statsny or Plekanec today?! I cannot decide. I wish my league had a utility spot, aka the 3rd C spot.

Going with Plekanec.. For now. I need FWs

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

kalensc posted:

Yup, it's a default Yahoo league so min 2 starts. Phone-posting now but I'll get some roster lists soon, thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, I realize I made it a bit unclear, two different guys own Elliot and Gibson. I was thinking of offering deals to both and seeing who was keen.

pre:
My Team	                        Team A	                        Team B

Anze Kopitar LA - C	        Ryan Johansen Cls - C,RW	Sidney Crosby Pit - C
Patrick Marleau SJ - C,LW	Tyler Johnson TB - C	        Henrik Zetterberg Det - C,LW
Jeff Carter LA - C,RW	        Tyler Bozak Tor - C	        Paul Stastny StL - C
Gabriel Landeskog Col - LW	Mikael Granlund Min - C	        Brad Marchand Bos - LW
Evander Kane Wpg - LW	        Joe Pavelski SJ - C,LW	        Mats Zuccarello NYR - LW
Jaden Schwartz StL - LW	        Tomas Hertl SJ - LW	        Jonathan Huberdeau Fla - C,LW
Jonathan Drouin TB - LW	        Chris Kreider NYR - LW	        Mike Richards LA - C,LW
Corey Perry Anh - RW	        Alex Ovechkin Was - RW	        Martin St. Louis NYR - RW
Jeff Skinner Car - LW,RW	Kyle Okposo NYI - RW	        Rick Nash NYR - LW,RW
Jakub Voracek Phi - RW	        Gustav Nyquist Det - C,RW	Marian Gaborik LA - RW
Pascal Dupuis Pit - LW,RW	Erik Karlsson Ott - D	        Ryan Callahan TB - RW
P.K. Subban Mon - D	        Christian Ehrhoff Pit - D	Drew Doughty LA - D
Keith Yandle Ari - D	        Dustin Byfuglien Wpg - RW,D	Ryan Suter Min - D
Mark Giordano Cgy - D	        Dougie Hamilton Bos - D	        Brent Seabrook Chi - D
Tyson Barrie Col - D	        Jake Muzzin LA - D	        Johnny Boychuk NYI - D
Roman Josi Nsh - D	        Semyon Varlamov Col - G	        Cam Fowler Anh - D
Braden Holtby Was - G	        Cory Schneider NJ - G	        Pekka Rinne Nsh - G
Frederik Andersen Anh - G	John Gibson Anh - G	        Brian Elliott StL - G
Jake Allen StL - G	        Niklas Backstrom Min - G	Martin Jones LA - G
Craig Anderson Ott - G		
So I figure I can offer Anderson (or Allen?) for Gibson to start and see how it goes from there. I'm not sure what to offer to Team B for Elliott though.

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I started plekanec over backstrom. Whoops.

Anyhow, thinking Crosby was totally worth all the moneys I paid. :v:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

genki posted:

I started plekanec over backstrom. Whoops.

Anyhow, thinking Crosby was totally worth all the moneys I paid. :v:

I played Plekanec over Statsny :negative:

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Plekanec is going to win the Art Ross, y'all.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Brock Nelson :cool:

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I gotta say, I'm beginning to think maybe I should have keepered kuemper and dumped karlsson. well, I guess we'll see at the end of the season.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Loui Eriksson over Jiri Tlusty :negative:

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

genki posted:

I gotta say, I'm beginning to think maybe I should have keepered kuemper and dumped karlsson. well, I guess we'll see at the end of the season.

I drafted him in the LSL and spent $30 on him (I think) in HHL. Looks like everything's coming up Milhouse.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say

T-Bone posted:

If it's a two start minimum league (I think that's what standard does). I would even drop Rinne and go with Elliott/Allen or Andersen/Gibson. Two guaranteed STL or two guaranteed ANA starts a week is a great deal.

pretty sure standard is actually 3 starts, or at least it used to be because the fed (rip) dropped from 3 to 2 when we went to 20 teams

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Obama Yo Mama posted:

Loui Eriksson over Jiri Tlusty :negative:

Ya I could have told you that's a bad idea. Eriksson's not going to start scoring until Krejci is back, assuming he ends up playing on a line with him and Lucic. I'd start virtually any other forward over him until then if they get to play top 6 minutes.

Krejci could be back as early as Monday though so it might be a moot point.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I'm certain he'll bounce back this year after a pretty average season.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I got a trade offer for my Brent Burns (RW, D) for Marian Hossa (RW).. I think I'll keep Burns, it's good to have a hopefully consistent points getter on D. Am I off base?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

priznat posted:

I got a trade offer for my Brent Burns (RW, D) for Marian Hossa (RW).. I think I'll keep Burns, it's good to have a hopefully consistent points getter on D. Am I off base?

It depends on whether Burns is playing RW for the rest of the year (I am pretty sure he's solely D, but a Sharks fan will know more), because if not, I'd rather have Hossa. He's old, and a slight injury risk, but he is still close to a 30-goal scorer with a pretty good PPG to match.

T-Bone posted:

Goaltending makes up 3/10 stats in standard and is controlled by 1-3 players. It's really important. Those bench guys in standard aren't going to play enough to make up for giving away goalie stats. Better to go for a platoon from a great team (Anaheim/St. Louis) then trust your goaltending on a guy from a team that could suck.

Basically I think it's way easier to make up the numbers in the offensive categories than it is to find goaltending -- if you're competitive in net you should be a threat to win every week, at least that has been my experience.

If it's a two start minimum league (I think that's what standard does). I would even drop Rinne and go with Elliott/Allen or Andersen/Gibson. Two guaranteed STL or two guaranteed ANA starts a week is a great deal.

Gibson was sent to the AHL for the weekend, which isn't a long time, but partially why I am hesitant with entrusting my goalie starts to a tandem or a rookie goalie.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

Gibson was sent to the AHL for the weekend, which isn't a long time, but partially why I am hesitant with entrusting my goalie starts to a tandem or a rookie goalie.

so whatever you get Andersen full on the only real negative is the roster spot which isn't as big of a deal as people think unless you're doing some hardcore rotation

e: I mean I don't recommend just getting one of them, you have to get both

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 15, 2014

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

So in the LSL Babcockalypse and I (Ekblad to the Bone) agreed to a trade a few days ago (Gustavsson and Hagelin for Greiss. Gotta handcuff my MAF!). It hasn't been processed, doesn't show up on my 'My Team' page, and I didn't receive any sort of alert or message that it was cancelled or vetoed or anything. Did Yahoo just swallow the trade? What gives?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Odd. Maybe it couldn't go through because Babcockalypse picked up Beleskey and didn't have the roster space anymore?

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I'm glad you brought that up. The only reason I picked up Beleskey is because the trade didn't go through when I thought it would have. I just assumed it was vetoed for some reason.

I can drop Beleskey and re-agree to the trade, if that's agreeable.

toe knee hand posted:

Odd. Maybe it couldn't go through because Babcockalypse picked up Beleskey and didn't have the roster space anymore?

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
I think being accepted on the 11th it would have gone through after the 13th (like at 00:30 on the 14th when Yahoo processes stuff). When you added Beleskey on the 13th was the pending trade message gone?

I don't think it would have been vetoed and I think you get a message if it's vetoed.

fake edit: just dug up the email notices for a trade of mine to work out the timing. Accepted on the 1st, processed first thing in the morning on the 4th, reflected in lineup on the 5th. So you jumped the gun by a day.

real edit: you can re-propose the trade and include dropping someone as part of it, you don't need to keep a roster spot free for the whole period.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

toe knee hand posted:

I think being accepted on the 11th it would have gone through after the 13th (like at 00:30 on the 14th when Yahoo processes stuff). When you added Beleskey on the 13th was the pending trade message gone?

I don't think it would have been vetoed and I think you get a message if it's vetoed.

fake edit: just dug up the email notices for a trade of mine to work out the timing. Accepted on the 1st, processed first thing in the morning on the 4th, reflected in lineup on the 5th. So you jumped the gun by a day.

Yeah, you're right. I think I caught a weird window where the trade completed but didn't fully process. It had disappeared from my roster notifications by the time I added Beleskey otherwise I wouldn't have gone looking for a player to fill that spot. I find it odd that it let me add a player to a roster that would've been full the next day.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

That's bizarre. Never seen that happen before!

Re-accepted the trade. Thanks Naet. (Hagelin career year incoming)

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

That's bizarre. Never seen that happen before!

Re-accepted the trade. Thanks Naet. (Hagelin career year incoming)

Fleury will die and Greiss will probably go on to a Vezina season based on how ridiculous the Pens are.

But I need scoring, so...

DeNofa
Aug 25, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Looking a few short term options for tonight. Who do we like the best for producing some points tonight?

Cammalleri @ Was
Plekanec @ Bos
Wingels @ NYI
Semin @ NYR (comedy option)

Bonus question: as my IR+ scrub should I hang on to Dubinsky or Stepan? Dubinsky has LW eligibility and a decent amount of Hits every year, which is nice but I'm not sure CBJ is going to live up to the hype they had going into the season.

DeNofa fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 16, 2014

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Any of them really. Plekanec at the top. Cammalleri is off to a good start so I'd rank him tied second with Wingels. The Isles look good with their additions on the blue line so take that into consideration. Semin lol.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Naet posted:

Fleury will die and Greiss will probably go on to a Vezina season based on how ridiculous the Pens are.

But I need scoring, so...

I'm just trying to make sure I get the minimum starts every week. I like your idea better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
As a Bruins fan I would suggest Plekanec. He's been hot, Montreal always plays well against Boston, and the Bruins played on the road last night so the team will be tired and it might be Svedberg in net instead of Rask.

• Locked thread