Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So was it the evil spirit that gave her the added chest protection or was she always like that?

I just sort of assumed it came out of the Cia part of her's desire to be attractive to Link. Without actually knowing what he finds attractive she just went as generic "sexy" as she could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

But if she was watching him as much as the game says she was then she should have realized Link only really wants to get with Zelda so she should have been like an evil sexy version of Zelda.

To be fair though Link never talks so maybe she just didn't get the idea that he actually likes her.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
No, see, the flaw in Cia's plan was that she couldn't accept that Link is incapable of loving anything but adventure and block puzzles. She's never actually watched to the end of a cycle assuming it would be too painful to watch, else she would have realized that the two never hook up because Zelda gets weirded out by him pushing crates around all day. Not even to solve a puzzle he just pushes boxes for the Hell of it.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 8, 2014

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Link's a total gold digger anyway. You see how he cuts every blade of grass for money, does odd jobs for money even with a full wallet, and happily follows his 'destiny' after the richest woman in the land.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
So this thread got me really wired up in anticipation for that level 2 baton mission. When I got there I just trained Zelda up to level 40 and crushed it with a level 2 rapier.

The biggest help was just ignoring Volga. I captured the keep north of the start, then went through the middle to kill the first Messenger and Wizzro, and then north to kill the second Messenger, capture another keep, and kill Ghiharim. After that I ran back down to clear out the allied base only to find Volga had next to no health left, so I killed him, cleaned up all the enemies in the center of the map, and that put me at about 1080 KOs so I just moved on the yellow boss.

You can get over 100 KOs in the yellow enemy keep alone, so I didn't really go out of my way to kill trash at all. It's a really intense mission. I like the two commanders missions the best, really.

e: I found that it was easiest and fastest to cheese Ghiharim and the Fiery Aerolfos by doing three basic attacks with the rapier, and then dodging left, and repeating. You don't lose time in animations, and the Aerolfos in particular don't take poo poo for damage from weak point smashes so it's not even worth it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Flytrap posted:

No, see, the flaw in Cia's plan was that she couldn't accept that Link is incapable of loving anything but adventure and block puzzles. She's never actually watched to the end of a cycle assuming it would be too painful to watch, else she would have realized that the two never hook up because Zelda gets weirded out by him pushing crates around all day. Not even to solve a puzzle he just pushes boxes for the Hell of it.

"Where were you all day?"
"I was wandering through town and some lady had lost her chickens so I had to find them all within a set time period, then on the way back I blew a hole in the ground and jumped inside. I brought back some spider guts, wanna see?"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Actually, Link dating that random shopkeeper lady in Skyward Sword is canon.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Bicyclops posted:

"Where were you all day?"
"I was wandering through town and some lady had lost her chickens so I had to find them all within a set time period, then on the way back I blew a hole in the ground and jumped inside. I brought back some spider guts, wanna see?"

"Also a giggling rock told me to go into the woods and murder the local wolves and when I did they burst into flame and a treasure chest appeared, and I brought home a silver rupee. See?"

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ocarina of Time Link is the biggest ladykiller, I think. It's like Ruto, Malon, Nabooru, the Malon sisters from Majora's Mask... Everyone wants a piece of him. Skyward Sword Link just has that one shopkeeper.

blue font
Feb 28, 2011

mabels big day posted:

Have you given Zelda the magic armor badge, so she takes less damage on lightning stages, like the level 2 baton one? I only beat it because I had a level 50 link with the lvl 3 gauntlets help me out in co-op.

Did I mention co-op makes the game a lot easier?

Does the score penalty for getting damaged count against both players when you're doing adventure mode co-op? Co-op in this game has certainly been a lot of fun, but I was kind of worried about my buddy being a liability for getting high ranks.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lizard Wizard posted:

Well, it was kind of a plot point that the Zelda at the Water Temple couldn't be Zelda, so I'm just working by this game's internal logic.

Also is it just me, or is this some sort of realm where each game's plot never fully happened? Midna makes reference to Cia being the one who cursed her into her current form, for example.

Maybe it's kind of like in Kingdom Hearts, where the Heartless showing up interrupts the plot of the movie. So, Cia showing up interrupts the plot of the game and suddenly she's the source of everyone's problems.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Since we're all making spreadsheets, I made a filtered one for all the materials so you can see where to go to get what.

:aaa: You are a goddamn saint!

Going to try for some Hard mode Skulltulas tonight! I want that rewards map.

blue font posted:

Does the score penalty for getting damaged count against both players when you're doing adventure mode co-op? Co-op in this game has certainly been a lot of fun, but I was kind of worried about my buddy being a liability for getting high ranks.

Pretty sure it counts both of your damage scores. Just make sure one person is Sheik. Never worry about damage.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I'm glad someone posted some ZP so I can have some epic lmaos

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

What's up with the locked down skill on the Master Sword?

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
You need to unlock all other weapons and tiers of weapons and then get that many kills to unlock that skill.

BTW a similar skill is available for all other weapons as a random drop

Good luck out there!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Fix posted:

What's up with the locked down skill on the Master Sword?

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

But what does Evil's Bane do? Otherwise holy poo poo.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Psyker posted:

But what does Evil's Bane do? Otherwise holy poo poo.

adds 200 more attack, making it endgame viable if you want to use it.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Badass. After I read a few chapters from the Bible I'm gonna hop on this game some more.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Tengames posted:

adds 200 more attack, making it endgame viable if you want to use it.

Oh, no special effects?

conceitedguy
Nov 8, 2013

WORST FORUMS GUY posted:

Badass. After I read a few chapters from the Bible I'm gonna hop on this game some more.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Drakenel posted:

Ugh the anime logic. "I think the hero's soul is kind of awesome and I'd like to try my luck with him, so ima summon a shitton a monsters and destroy his home and family. He'll say yes then, right?"

To be fair, applying logic to really any aspect of the zelda lore is asking for a headache. We're just putting the Warriors brand of inane nonsense on top of it.

Maybe Cia thinks the best way to get with Link is to completely supplant Zelda, which would just happen to require obliterating her and tearing down Hyrule.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Psyker posted:

Oh, no special effects?

I heard it gives it the old "When you have full hearts it turns into a LASER SWORD" thing

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I heard it gives it the old "When you have full hearts it turns into a LASER SWORD" thing

If the Master Sword doesn't just do that anyway then yeah, it does. YX shoots two beams along the ground similar to Volga's move that does that. YYX becomes wider as two extra projectiles fan out with the centre one. I think YYYX might have a bit more range? Dunno about YYYYX.

MarquiseMindfang fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 9, 2014

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

Going to try for some Hard mode Skulltulas tonight! I want that rewards map.

The two you need for the rewards map are really easy, just don't make the same mistakes I did on the first map:

*Don't use the master sword
*Don't sequence break by bombing rocks before you open the chest that has the bombs in it
*make sure you actually set it to hard

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You know I had been feeling slightly disappointed with the last few characters I'd been working on. Agitha I just don't like at all even now that I have the hang of her. Girahim has some fun moments but several of his combos are just not that great. I don't dislike him as much as Agitha though because he's pretty entertaining. I love the way a bunch of his moves incorporate his finger snapping as he struts around like the smug, fabulous rear end in a top hat that he is. Still, he's pretty low on my list of characters I actually like playing as.

But tonight I played as Zant. And oh my god Zant. :allears: Every single one of his animations are hilarious. Sure some of them end up with a bit more time standing totally still at the end of them than I'd like, but I didn't care because it was just so silly. Zant is great.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

But tonight I played as Zant. And oh my god Zant. :allears: Every single one of his animations are hilarious. Sure some of them end up with a bit more time standing totally still at the end of them than I'd like, but I didn't care because it was just so silly. Zant is great.

I really need to get better at Zant. A lot of the time his spazzing out all over the place just shuts my brain down as to whether or not I'm actually accomplishing anything.

That said, I get the same feeling with Darunia half the time. His special A attack is just him flipping the gently caress out and smacking the ground like he's throwing a tantrum.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
There are also skills on OTHER weapons, that will not unlock until you have the Master Sword's skill unlocked. I found a level 1 naginata with one but I threw it away because butts.

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
I liked Zant at first because holy gently caress spin to win owns bones. Then I hated Zant because it took forever to kill anything with a decent HP pool. Now I think I've got the hang of him and have figured out that hey, at least YYYX is actually useful if I don't spam the poo poo out of it and overdose on crazy meter. And YX is great because it doesn't give crazy meter unless you press X again.

His finishers are still absolute poo poo at smashing boss weak points. The best I have for that is spam Y until he does the horizontal spin, then dodge and do it again. Finally A-ranked that Imprisoned on Skyloft map, glad that miserable poo poo is over with. Zant is now my highest-level character by about 10 levels due to how long it took me to form a gameplan with him.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zant does suck at giant bosses, it's true, but he's incredible at captains. His combos are fantastic at straight up ignoring defenses and flinging them around. Much like Midna really.

Just A-ranked his level 2 weapon stage which was a lot of fun. I like how that level is a straight up morale battle. At the beginning it's ridiculously hard and you can lose super quick because the enemy has high morale and if they capture any of your keeps it's done, you're hosed. But as soon as you stave off that initial attack, your allies end up getting 3 separate morale boosts and drat this is the first time I really saw allied morale play a huge role. They went and captured 3 keeps in a row without my input while I was busy on the other side of the map.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Metrohunter posted:

There are also skills on OTHER weapons, that will not unlock until you have the Master Sword's skill unlocked. I found a level 1 naginata with one but I threw it away because butts.

I don't have the patience for it, but they give you a 30 point attack boost on five-star tier 3 weapons.

What they actually do, reportedly, is set the weapon's damage to 450. Even on tier 1 weapons.

Zant is really bad at weak point breaking, yes. Best way I found was to YX, spam X til you have to take a lie down, then hit your SP attack to instantly reset the crazy meter. I think it's that one you can A out of the over-crazy stun from. I know you can do it with the giant stomping attack.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The Moon Monster posted:

The two you need for the rewards map are really easy, just don't make the same mistakes I did on the first map:

*Don't use the master sword
*Don't sequence break by bombing rocks before you open the chest that has the bombs in it
*make sure you actually set it to hard

I've got another one!

* make sure you've beaten Legend mode first. :downs:

At least I think that's what's wrong. I don't even see any ???? Skultullas on the levels.

No, I haven't beaten Legend mode yet. I've been too busy messing around in Adventure mode. Adventure mod is fun. Bite me. :colbert:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I've got another one!

* make sure you've beaten Legend mode first. :downs:

At least I think that's what's wrong. I don't even see any ???? Skultullas on the levels.

No, I haven't beaten Legend mode yet. I've been too busy messing around in Adventure mode. Adventure mod is fun. Bite me. :colbert:

Uh yeah, hard mode skulltulas don't even exist until you beat Legend mode and get a little message telling you about them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Zelda's second baton mission was.

Um.

It was something, all right.

The first time I tried it, I lost just as Ghirahim was one hit away from death. I saw the face of Kali and woke up with my hands all red.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

What they actually do, reportedly, is set the weapon's damage to 450. Even on tier 1 weapons.

I want this on a tier 2 gauntlet for Link because the gold plated spike ball looks way better than a chain chomp.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Metrohunter posted:

I want this on a tier 2 gauntlet for Link because the gold plated spike ball looks way better than a chain chomp.

I don't understand how you can be so wrong.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Maybe if it barked I would be more inclined to agree with you.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Metrohunter posted:

Maybe if it barked I would be more inclined to agree with you.

... I didn't know I needed this until now.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Really what it needs to be the best callback is to randomly attack some enemies when you run by them.

\/\/\/ but Bow-Wow IS a chain chomp

mastajake fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 9, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

What are you guys talking about? That's clearly Bow-Wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/9788-Hyrule-Warriors-Review

To nobody's surprise, Yahtzee doesn't think much of Hyrule Warriors, though he did raise a good point of Wind Waker not getting a mention, I'd have liked to have played as one of the Pirates, or even Tetra.

Honestly that's about the closest to a positive review you can get in that series for something made by Nintendo and not named Wind Waker or Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. The criticisms are valid and more to do with the Dynasty Warriors type of game as a whole, which he all but outright states is largely a matter of taste, and the more game-specific ones are similar to ones noted in here as well (for example the usefulness of items being not readily apparent). And that he actually says that he in some manner enjoyed the story is noteworthy, and while the story may not be entirely self-aware, it very much does not take itself seriously, so some laughs at its expense are to be expected.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Oct 9, 2014

• Locked thread