Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm just impressed the yeti didn't pass out from being stabbed in the heart. Stabbed in a vital organ? No problem. Finger broken? Pass out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.
And everyone who bet on Slade Gauntlets just made crazy amounts of money.

I like that AJ_Impy bet a fortune against his own team. Won the round, lost the bet.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I'm just happy Gretchen got de-armed to neutralize a little dude with a pick. Those are vicious.
That throw was really surprising too. I expected her to get ground up pretty fast after her other arm was taken out.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

VladTheEater posted:

And everyone who bet on Slade Gauntlets just made crazy amounts of money.

I like that AJ_Impy bet a fortune against his own team. Won the round, lost the bet.

Other way around: I backed my own team to the hilt, which is how I amassed all that money in the first place. Can't argue with that as a coda: Went out removing limbs and surviving everything short of a thrown molemarian.

What I'm intrigued by was the number of arms that got broken without losing the pick. A two-handed weapon on a four armed creature seems a good investment, we need more data.

Edit: Also, what is it with AA and thrown molemarians? At least he learned to duck this time!

quote:

Autoerotic Asphyxiation_Grab scrambles out of Windy Mole_Grab's flight path!

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Oct 8, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
What a match. :stare:

Mlle, are you sure Gretchen isn't related to the Black Knight somehow, or maybe augmented with the Terminator's spare parts? Because holy poo poo, that mole throw. :stonk:

I love how my gremlin managed to parry with his sword still stuck in the molemarian. I imagine he hid behind it. :black101:I:downs:

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!
:siren: Test Tournament 2, Loser's Quarterfinals, Match 3 :siren:

Current bracket:

On the left, Menacing Lack of Spikes, featuring from top to bottom: EmbodiedPrincipleOfPerfection the Soldier Ant Woman now known as EPOP managed by ZeeToo, Tomoe Gozen the Human managed by Tarezax, Atom the Gremlin managed by Supradog and Caffeinequaffer the Dwarf managed by Podima.

On the right, Ugly Stick, featuring from top to bottom: Chad the Tiger Man managed by captaindirtnap, Tiger Uppercut the Tiger Man managed by synthorange, Vincent van Gob the Goblin managed by Afriscipio and John Fartbutt the Yeti managed by Gangsta Boogie.

The first thing that happens is Caffeinequaffer shoots Chad in the lungs, because gently caress Chad.

Somehow this doesn't slow Chad down too much and he makes it to the center along with the others. Chad stabs Tomoe Gozen in the foot and she falls to the ground. In retaliation she chops off Chad's left arm! Chad gut-punches Tomoe Gozen and she looks ill!

EPOP stabs Chad in the arm, causing Chad to black out. Chad falls to the floor and releases his pike at the same time. Vincent van Gob decides charging John Fartbutt is a good idea and knocks his own rear end to the ground as a result. John Fartbutt bruises Tomoe Gozen's lungs and then Tiger Uppercut collapses her left knee! Tomoe Gozen blacks out as EPOP stabs Chad in the head, fracturing the skull but not killing him. Caffeinequaffer shoots another bolt which Vincent van Gob nimbly dodges. John Fartbutt smashes Tomoe Gozen's arm into a pulp! Vincent van Gob cuts off Atom's left arm and a tiny buckler clatters to the ground! EPOP stabs Chad in the head again, once again failing to kill him.

John Fartbutt explodes Tomoe Gozen's head a moment later.

*Team Status*
Menacing Lack of Spikes: One Human dead, one Gremlin maimed, one healthy Soldier Ant Woman and a healthy archer.
Ugly Stick: One unconscious Tiger Man, one healthy Yeti, one healthy Goblin and another healthy Tiger Man.

EPOP, tired of trying to crush Chad's brain, decides to hit his chest instead with a rib-shattering stab! John Fartbutt smashes Atom's left arm into his body, causing the Gremlin to black out!

EPOP stabs Chad in the head once more followed by Vincent van Gob decapitating Atom!

All eyes turn to EPOP and Tiger Uppercut rushes to save his Tiger Man brethren. Tiger Uppercut charges into EPOP and knocks the Ant Woman to the ground! Tiger Uppercut grabs EPOP by the abdomen and spikes her into the ground! EPOP skids along the ground splitting her right arm and leg in the process before slamming into a wall!

Vincent van Gob slaps EPOP in the right arm with his axe, causing it to explode! John Fartbutt follows up by exploding EPOP's right foot. EPOP blacks out. In a stunning display of compassion Tiger Uppercut holds EPOP's hand in the Ant Woman's final moments. Vincent Van Gob executes EPOP with one swift decapitation.

All eyes now turn towards Caffeinequaffer, causing the Dwarf to immediately go into a martial trance! Unfortunately he is a MarksDwarf so he still has to sit there and empty all of his bolts before he can make any real use of it. He starts by shooting Tiger Uppercut right in the kidney!

Vincent van Gob arrives first and hacks into Caffeinequaffer's lower body, followed by cutting into the Dwarf's leg. Caffeinequaffer falls to the ground. Tiger Uppercut grabs Caffeinequaffer by the tongue as a bizarre reversal of the classic rhyme. While the Dwarf is distracted Vincent van Gob severs nerves in his arm causing Caffeinequaffer to drop his bolts and black out! Vincent van Gob swiftly executes the Dwarf with a decapitation.

And have a bonus screen of what Chad looked like at the end of the fight, somehow still alive!

Score: Ugly Stick - 4, Menacing Lack of Spikes - 0

Kills: John Fartbutt - 1, Vincent van Gob - 3

Combat Log

Lessons learned: Tiger Man skulls are pretty thick and Goblins are deadly with axes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That's the most effective I've seen TU been all tournament. :stare:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I think that's the most Vincent has done all tournament. Three decapitations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
:siren: Test Tournament 2, Playoff Round 1, Fight 3 :siren:

The winner's bracket match for today is Modern Family vs The Kitten Appreciation Society. Modern Family topped their league unbeaten with three wins, while Kitten Appreciation Society scraped through with a still-impressive 2-1 record. The bookies are favouring Modern Family in this match-up, but let's see how things pan out in reality!

Fighting for Modern Family we have:
Child Protective Services (kobold) by unwantedplatypus
Urist McWingley (dwarf) by Zwingley
Gnome Chance (dark gnome) by Bene Elim
Leonard Lowpate (dwarf) by Segway Rave

Representing The Kitten Appreciation Society we have:
Noserubbed (kobold) by Neurion
Charity (molemarian) by Tunicate
Lumberelf (elf) by Pickled Tink
Suns Out Guns Out (troll) by Lorrdernie

This is of course the winners' bracket, which means no useless archers here. Two rows of melee combatants charge towards each other as soon as the flag drops.

Lumberelf is especially quick and ends up in the midst of the enemy team, nimbly leaping past an opening strike from Leonard Lowpate whilst parrying an attack from Urist McWingley with the copper battleaxe in her right hand. Unfortunately this leaves her open to Gnome Chance, who hammers her pick into Lumberelf's left shoulder, severing arm, leather glove and adamantine battleaxe all at once. That's what you get for showing off.

As Lumberelf's arm sails away towards the upper right corner of the arena, both dwarves set to work on her with longsword and hammer. Dismayed, Lumberelf exclaims "Can it all end so quickly? I must not succumb to fear!"

Gnome Chance meanwhile decides she's done enough to the elf and turns to Charity, embedding her pick into the molemarian's arm. A satisfying quantity of blood spatter already covers the arena floor by this point.

Child Protective Services (who has been duelling, ineffectively thus far, with Charity) finally scores a hit on the same arm that was targeted by Gnome Chance. It's pretty mangled, but the pain-immune molemarian doesn't flinch, even when Gnome Chance tears open an artery in her tail.

Meanwhile Suns Out Guns Out, the lumbering troll, finally reaches the melee and scores a bruising hit on Urist McWingley's arm with his silver maul. He parries the counterblow easily, obviously at home with his weapon. He then charges at Leonard Lowpate and bowls him over! The dwarf hops back to his feet immediately, none the worse for wear.

The deadly Gnome Chance abruptly severs Charity's head with her steel pick. Man, gently caress picks. They really shouldn't sever stuff so easily.

Just to prove my point, Gnome Chance follows up by hacking off Noserubbed's right arm. The kobold's steel gauntlet and adamantine dagger drop to the floor. Noserubbed manages to block an attack from Child Protective Services, but then has his leg removed by the terrifying pick. Unsurprisingly, he falls over. Gnome Chance administers the coup de grace, severing Noserubbed's head with her third blow in succession.

Gratuitous status check:
Kitten Appreciation Society: Charity and Noserubbed dead, Lumberelf missing an arm (but still has a copper axe in the other hand).
Modern Family: Urist McWrigley has some mild bruising to his right upper arm.

At this point, the fight is all about Gnome Chance. Everyone else has just been dodging and feinting for the last few minutes. She decides to turn her attention to Suns Out Guns Out next, and severs one of his tusks with a strike of her pick. His retaliation misses wildly, but he evades her next blow by charging past her at Leonard Lowpate, who hurriedly skips out of the troll's path.

The two remaining members of the Kitten Appreciation Society fight bravely on. Lumberelf bruises Urist McWingley in the arm with the pommel of her axe, while Suns Out Guns Out bruises Gnome Chance in the arm with his silver maul. Surely such noble efforts can turn the tide of the fight?

Sadly not. Suns Out Guns Out charges at the gnome, but she simply dances out of the way and embeds her pick in the troll's chest. She follows up by severing his foot, bringing him to the ground with a crash.

Confident that Gnome Chance can handle a mere troll, the other three members of Modern Family all focus on Lumberelf. Child Protective Services tears up her arm, forcing her to drop her remaining axe. Leonard Lowpate buries his sword in her leg, bringing her to the floor. Child Protective Services finishes the job by severing her neck with his adamantine spear.

Suns Out Guns Out tries a last desperate strike, but Gnome Chance contemptuously deflects it with her pick and punches the troll in the mouth, destroying his upper lip. Leonard Lowpate strolls over and hacks the troll's arm open, Gnome Chance severs it, and Urist McWingley sets to work on his other arm with his hammer. Suns Out Guns Out mercifully passes out after Gnome Chance splinters his leg, and the coup de grace is delivered by Child Protective Services - a true team effort.

Modern Family wins an effortless 4-0 victory over The Kitten Appreciation Society, having suffered a total of 3 minor bruises between the entire team.

Kills: Gnome Chance 2, Child Protective Services 2
Severs: Gnome Chance 8, Child Protective Services 1, Leonard Lowpate 1

Combat Log

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 8, 2014

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

:stonk: I hate picks. I hate them so goddamn much.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
That was messy and quick. That is two easy 4-0 victories in the winners bracket so far right?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Steel maul. :cripes:

Remember, guys, steel is the lightest of all mortal forged metals in the Arena. It's got some good material properties that make it a decent smashing weapon despite that, but it's more than 3 times the price of silver, and doesn't hit as hard.

edit: Oh, it's a typo in the writeup. Never mind.

my dad fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 8, 2014

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Oops - fixed now. I was getting the weapons and materials wrong quite a lot in this write-up for some reason.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
I am terrible at this betting thing...

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Oh holy hell, that was brutal. I'm so happy my team-mates talked me out of a scourge.

On picks beong overpowered, I didn't think Gnome was especially deadly in he early rounds. She might just have hit critical mass of skills. Either way, she deffinitely is an rear end in a top hat.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I do think picks seem uncharacteristically prone to severing things, but I don't really see how you could fix this without making picks worthless.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Ignite Memories posted:

I do think picks seem uncharacteristically prone to severing things, but I don't really see how you could fix this without making picks worthless.

Picks are basically what axes are supposed to be.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Bene Elim posted:

Oh holy hell, that was brutal. I'm so happy my team-mates talked me out of a scourge.

On picks beong overpowered, I didn't think Gnome was especially deadly in he early rounds. She might just have hit critical mass of skills. Either way, she deffinitely is an rear end in a top hat.

Scourges would be a borderline overpowered weapon if the fighters could be in some way controlled or directed in a fight. They are brutal against lightly armoured opponents. As it is now it's a coin toss whether or not you cause someone to black out in 2 hits or ineffectually bounce off their armour.

unwantedplatypus fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Oct 9, 2014

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
After that match I am the richest person!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dang. Hitting me in the 10% of my body not covered in adamantine.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Bene Elim posted:

Yes she was. The match I ran with her had her dodging around two opponents at once and taking them both apart. Gnome Chance is the deadliest fighter in this tournament.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Khisanth Magus posted:

After that match I am the richest person!

I bet everything on the underdog and am now broke!

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
What coverage do multi-armed races get from mail shirts, and does the insectoid body shape of soldier ant-women affect things further?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Also, leggings don't cover the tail? :confuoot:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Maarak posted:

What coverage do multi-armed races get from mail shirts, and does the insectoid body shape of soldier ant-women affect things further?

Same as other armed races I imagine, and ant-women are at a disadvantage thanks to a lack of an endoskeleton.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Maarak posted:

The mail covers upper arms and upper legs, no matter how many of them you have. Ant women have a really thin thorax, and pulping it for an instakill is quite easy to accomplish, even with a kick. Some form of rigid chest armor is highly suggested, even if it's only leather. A cheap cap isn't a bad idea, either, since they don't have a skull, and chitin ain't bone.

Tunicate posted:

Also, leggings don't cover the tail? :confuoot:

It counts as a foot. So, no.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
I am unsure mail covers upper arms/shoulders.

My dude has steel mail and leather under it, but when he gets hit in the upper arm it doesn't say 'but the shot was deflected by steel mail shirt.' Instead it says 'his arm was destroyed and he passed out by the iron sword cutting through the leather armor.'

So maybe leather armor covers arms, but mail definitely doesn't in my mind.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

my dad posted:

It counts as a foot. So, no.

But highboots don't fit on it... so I guess that means it's impossible to armor.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Tunicate posted:

But highboots don't fit on it... so I guess that means it's impossible to armor.

Steel corset. Just cinch that thing tight around it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tunicate posted:

Oh, wait, molemarian tail? :doh:

I think mail covers it, but I'm not completely sure.

VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.

AJ_Impy posted:

Other way around: I backed my own team to the hilt, which is how I amassed all that money in the first place.

But that's... definitely not what you did this round. Did you bet on the wrong team by mistake?? :allears:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

VladTheEater posted:

But that's... definitely not what you did this round. Did you bet on the wrong team by mistake?? :allears:

Nope.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
:siren:Test Tournament, Losers bracket, Match 4 I think:siren:

Here is the current tournament bracket. It may or may not be accurate

Today we will witness a match between the two worst teams in the league. I wish I were joking. How bad are they you ask? For starters they both went 0-3 in their divisions. A combined 0-6 score. If you combine both teams kills through 3 matches they still wouldn’t have enough kills to even win ONE match. The teams fought a total of 6 times; they faced a combined 24 enemies; they combined for a total of three kills. 3 out of 24.

On the other side of the coin: The teams did manage an impressive 100% dying statistic. They went out there 24 times and they managed to die 24 out of 24 times. For this fight you will need to imagine these gladiators as suicidal bunnies. They aren’t deadly in the least, but they sure know how to die.

How was the buildup? Everyone excited? Me neither. Let’s get this over with.

On the left side of the arena I’m going to put The Committee to Elect. Senator Hornstrong, the minotaur is on top. Below him is Senator Armstrong the human, Useless Halfwit the kobold, and Kamicatze the tigerman. Two of these fighters have very apt names. Kamicatze and Useless Halfwit at least knew what they were getting into. There is no way I’m writing out the Senators names all the time, so from this moment forward they are going to be called Horny and Army. Managers are Ramc, Galick, Coward, Mygna.

On the right side is the other wet-noodle of a team. Everyone, please try not to laugh as I announce Habeas Corpses. The Obituator is an antwoman, Yettie Page is a yeti, Gavin Henson is a tiny dark gnome, and Bring the Pain is a moleman. Managers are Ablative, A good poster, Goatface, and VladTheEater.

Useless Halfwit lives up to his name and boringly fires an arrow that flies over the head of The Obituator that doesn’t even require ducking.

Horny is quicker than his teammates which is surprising while arrayed against him is Habeas Corpses in an orderly line.

Being quicker than his teammates proves to be Horny’s downfall. The Obituator slices his hand and Yettie Page casually shatters his leg, sending the minotaur to the ground.

Kamicatze swings his halberd or pike or whatever and stabs Yettie Page in the right arm, severing nerves and opening arteries. Gavin Henson darts forward and cuts Kamicatze’s leg fat. The Obituator chops down and severs Horny’s head, somehow knocking him unconscious before killing him.

There you have it. Horny is the worst fighter out of the worst two teams. Ramc, I made you the following trophy. Feel free to print it out and wear it with pride.

I think I figured out part of the problem. The Committee to Elect seems to focus on scratching their opponents to win. Gavin Henson scratches the tigerman Kamicatze uselessly while ignoring the dagger in his other hand. He should take a note out of Army’s playbook and scratch antmen. One of The Obituator’s hands is destroyed by Army’s devastating scratch.

Bring the Pain moves with a purpose and lashes Kamicatze in the stomach, bruising his guts and making him nauseous. Seriously? That’s it? Come on, someone do something.

Kamicatze proves he will not go down without a fight and stabs Yettie Page in the neck! He severs a tendon and cuts some nerves in the huge yeti’s spine. Yettie Page and Gavin Henson team up and strike simultaneous blows against the tigerman. Gavin Henson remembers the dagger (duh) and stabs Kamicatze in the lung. Yettie Page brings her hammer down and shatters his right shin, sending the tiger to the floor. Kamicatze passes out from the pain, and Gavin Henson picks up a kill by stabbing him in the head. See, little dude? Remember the knife in your hand and you can do something! Scratching is not deadly, but a big steel dagger is.

Team stats: The Committee to Elect has 2 dead fighters. One of their living fighters is an archer who hasn’t fired another shot.
Habeas Corpses has already doubled their kill-count from the previous 3 fights combined.

Useless Halfwit should be called Simple Jack. Nice shooting, idiot.

Army is playing amazing defense. He has dodged backwards, and continues to keep all 4 fighters from attacking his archer. He started up top next to the ant, then down to the yeti, then down to the dark gnome. He’s really keeping all of them busy. Too bad he is unarmed and punching and kicking ineffectually.

Right now some of you are probably wondering: Why is he defending his archer? I don’t know. Personally, I’d let them go kill Useless Halfwit and I’d start searching for a way out of the arena. Jumping into magma is probably going to be less painful than what Army is in for.

Army punches and kicks at all of the enemy fighters facing him. A well placed punch breaks The Obituators foot and sends the antman to the floor. Useless Halfwit fires an arrow point blank. You can see how well Army is dodging but he’s running out of room quickly. Yettie Page shatters Army’s spine with her hammer, but he keeps dodging and fighting since his spine apparently is not important. Gavin Henson stabs the human in the foot, but Army barely notices.

Useless Halfwit’s arrow hit someone! The arrow strikes the already-disabled antman in the upper arm but fails to penetrate The Obituators armor. :negative:

Army has no more room to move. His archer is directly behind him. Any more dodging will let them attack the useless archer.

Army is well armored and very nimble. He dodges a few attacks, his armor shrugs off a few more. He punches a few enemies and then charges the larger moleman near his archer buddy. Bring the Pain falls down, stunned from the impact.

Yettie Page moves forward to engage but Army punches her square in the face. The yeti is stunned! Note the two stunned fighters in the gif. If Useless Halfwit can reload quickly he’ll likely get a devastating point-blank shot against one of the two large fighters.

He does! I missed the screenshot but his arrow flies true, lancing into Bring the Pain’s stomach. Too bad the moleman doesn’t feel pain or that would help his team.

The stunned yeti charges the smaller human and stuns him in turn. The Obituator has finally crawled close, can anyone capitalize on Army being stunned? Gavin Henson is not engaging either enemy and I don’t know why. He was 2 tiles away from his teammates, now he’s just hanging out behind them.

Bring the Pain swings a whip with devastating effect. Army’s ear explodes into gore. Another lash breaks Army’s upper arm. The pain is unbearable, Army passes out. Yettie Page finally swings her hammer and adds a fractured forearm to the list of ailments. Gavin Henson finally engages the enemy who is now immobile and stabs him in the head. Army has a thick skull because all 3 enemies lash, smash, and cut his skull but fail to kill him.

Yettie Page finally gets her hammer to crush the puny humans skull.

Useless Halfwit dodges north and fires point blank at Gavin Henson. Gavin’s steel dagger falls to the floor with a clang and the dark gnome looks down to see an arrow sticking out of his left forearm.

Yettie Page is standing down there, still stunned from the headpunch. She was able to stun Army in turn, but has not moved since. The only fighter mobile enough to chase down Useless Halfwit is the moleman Bring the Pain.

A mistimed charge by Gavin Henson sends him to the floor after bouncing off his teammate Bring the Pain. Useless Halfwit must nearly be done reloading…

He is, and he fires! The iron arrow fails to penetrate the molemans iron mail shirt though. Yettie Page is unstunned and begins moving to help Bring the Pain catch the wascally wabbit.

Yetti Page does what yetis do best and charges the quicker moleman. Her teammate, Bring the Pain, gets smashed to the floor, stunned by the charge. Bring the Pain is the only member of the team quick enough to catch the little kobold, so this is just going to prolong the fight and make me take more screenshots.

Useless Halfwit dodges south and puts an arrow into The Obituators weapon hand, forcing him to drop the axe. Luckily The Obituator has another axe which he brings to bear, slicing deep into Useless Halfwits arm. The little kobold drops his arrows from his now-useless arm.

Useless Halfwit is a dodging machine. No one can keep up with him, he was surrounded by enemies and escaped unscathed.

Yettie Page again charges her teammate, Bring the Pain is stunned again. No wonder this team is dead last. There is one kobold with no weapon being chased by 4 fighters and the kobold is making them look like idiots.

So the little kobold dodges north. The Obituator finally thinks to himself “Hey, why don’t we try holding him still and then hitting him?” The antman grabs Useless Halfwit by his tongue! Annoyed by this (as we all would be) the small kobold shatters one of The Obituators remaining arms with a well placed swing of his bow. The Obituator, annoyed by this (as we all would be), throws the poor kobold by his tongue. Yettie Page takes advantage and brings her hammer down on Useless Halfwits hand! She barely manages to bruise the tiny kobolds skin.

The impact from the landing stuns the little kobold. Yettie Page brings her hammer around and bruises his kidney. While stunned, Useless Halfwit swings his bow and blows another one of The Obituators limbs into paste. The antman collapses from pain. Yettie Page is tired from all the charging.

Useless Halfwit must have greased himself up or something. He slips south after trading a few blows and dodging more. You know what would help un-tire Yettie Page? More charging! She sends Bring the Pain to the floor for the third time.

Useless Halfwit dodges south further, then darts back through enemy lines and squirms out the north side of the pack. No real injuries are sustained for a while, the weaponless Gavin Henson is unable to do much damage. I have to say: If Useless had done this all match instead of firing arrows his team would have had a much better chance.

Useless Halfwit goes for the kill of the downed antman The Obituator. He strikes him twice in the head, but is unable to secure a kill for his team. Bring the Pain finally stays away from his yeti teammate long enough to sneak up behind the poor kobold and lash him in the head! That hurt, and Useless Halfwit collapses from pain. A few more lashes and Bring the Pain finally kills the elusive kobold.

I thought that fight would never end. I was expecting to take 10 screenshots and took 35 instead.

Habeas Corpses proves they are not the worst team in the league. The Committee to Elect has a 0-4 record with 1 kill and 16 deaths. How does that even happen?

Combat Log

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Best of the Best last tourney, Worst of the Worst this one.

I never half-rear end anything.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Why did he scratch? He should have had both hands full with a dagger and a buckler. Then he stands around and does nothing for a while. Again.

That gnome makes no sense.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

goatface posted:

Why did he scratch? He should have had both hands full with a dagger and a buckler. Then he stands around and does nothing for a while. Again.

He definitely has the buckler since he uses it to smash the slippery kobold late in the match. I dont understand either.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

goatface posted:

How much fighting skill did he have?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Level 2 Fighting (Adequate)
Level 7 Knife (Adept)
Level 9 Dodging (Professional)
Level 5 Shield (Proficient)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

goatface posted:

Level 2 Fighting (Adequate)
Level 7 Knife (Adept)
Level 9 Dodging (Professional)
Level 5 Shield (Proficient)

Huh. Weird. I guess you just got screwed over by the RNG.

• Locked thread