Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Well, gently caress. We all kind of knew that would happen eventually, but I won't pretend it didn't just catch me off guard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

:stonk: :stare:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
Nobody loving wants Laurel as Canary. Not a single drat person.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Oct 9, 2014

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Holy poo poo...

Paradise Lost
Feb 11, 2003

kill your enemy, drink his wine, and take his women

JohnSherman posted:

Nobody loving wants Laurel as Canary

yea I think that's the most frustrating part

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
:mad: drat it, show, you were doing so well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, I don't think anyone was expecting that. Even after the producers were being coy about how many episodes Caity was going to be in.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Laurel's going to Oliver to demand the gently caress out of his training. They're not waiting until the end of the season to show off those guns.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
Hey, I wasn't expecting Sara to be back already...

...oh. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

DivisionPost posted:

Laurel's going to Oliver to demand the gently caress out of his training. They're not waiting until the end of the season to show off those guns.

Pre-season news they were saying she was going to be trained by Ted "Wildcat" Grant, one of the guys we saw boxing in tonight's episode.

Captain Mog
Jun 17, 2011
Bury your gays strikes again

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Also Brandon Routh plays Ray Palmer like he's about to break into The Safety Dance at any minute and that's awesome.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

Actually, somebody else is going to train her. Ummm... not Bronze Tiger. Black Panther? Black Tiger? Brown Puma? gently caress me, I can't remember all these goddamn Metal Gear codenames.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

muscles like this? posted:

Yeah, I don't think anyone was expecting that. Even after the producers were being coy about how many episodes Caity was going to be in.

Episode 2's title is a pretty big hint. I was wondering if something was up.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Honestly, at this point I just loving HAAATTTEEE Vertigo and all the Counts. The Counts are NOT INTERESTING as villains at all, and Vertigo is tired and played-out. Who the hell would take a drug that terrifies you anyway. I want all of that poo poo to gently caress off forever.

What was with Oliver being so loving sloppy and letting vertigo stab him immediately following the scene where he berated himself for being sloppy?

I laughed inappropriately at that death, because that just seemed like a totally lame thing to happen. Surviving the big huge finale against the unstoppable army of super-soldiers, and returns to just to get unceremoniously killed off? The gently caress?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 9, 2014

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Not cool with killing off Sara. It's the dumbest, laziest way to make Laurel the Canary. She survives Season 2 and you give her this? gently caress off.

Gaussian
Sep 20, 2001

I'll give you a box of chocolates if you kill me.

Nap Ghost
Was it :argh: who killed her?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
It just occurred to me that Oliver got called out of the hospital to give a certain someone a pep talk on another one of Starling's many vacant rooftops. Now what if that person could move so quickly that it would seem as if they were in two places at the same time...

#Barrydidit

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaussian posted:

I think she would have reacted a little more combatively to Merlyn. More likely it was the Demon's Head, Ra's al Ghul.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

On the other hand this'll probably lead to drunk Laurel sooo...

But yeah, it's pretty clear that :argh:Barrowman:argh: is responsible right? I mean why would Ra's send someone to kill her off when she just went back to the League?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I think it was Thea.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

muscles like this? posted:

I think she would have reacted a little more combatively to Merlyn. More likely it was the Demon's Head, Ra's al Ghul.

No one knows Merlyn is alive (well, unless Ra's shared), and Merlyn wears standard League of Assassins garb, so he would appear to be an ally for at least a couple seconds, which would be enough time.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Holy gently caress that ending.
Already hyped for next week's episode, and the next, and the next....

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

JohnSherman posted:

After hearing enough people refer to her as Dorito-Face I now want it to happen out of spite.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gaussian posted:

I bet it was Ray Palmer. :aaaaa:

edit: breakneck, nice vvvv

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

OmniBeer posted:

Well, gently caress. We all kind of knew that would happen eventually, but I won't pretend it didn't just catch me off guard.

This is also me. That said, this is Arrow. They always work at a breakneck pace, so in retrospect it makes perfect sense for that to happen when it did.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Katie's a significantly better actress than Caity, I've got no problem with the replacement if it means they'll finally have something worthwhile to give to Laurel. I'd even go so far as to say I have hopes that she'll be better than Caity was. She doesn't have the physical/parkour/etc background but this show does excellent stuntwork. You can't sub in a stuntperson for line delivery.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sad about Sara dying but

JohnSherman posted:

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Suck it Laurel haters.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

frgildan posted:

Brandon Routh being charming in a Best Buy knockoff will usually lead to death and torture. Just look at Chuck.

Edit: I'm in love with the new count vertigo.

So glad I am not the only person to think this. The second I saw him in the electronics store Blaze of Glory started playing in my head and warning bells starting going off.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

XboxPants posted:

Katie's a significantly better actress than Caity, I've got no problem with the replacement if it means they'll finally have something worthwhile to give to Laurel. I'd even go so far as to say I have hopes that she'll be better than Caity was. She doesn't have the physical/parkour/etc background but this show does excellent stuntwork. You can't sub in a stuntperson for line delivery.

Get Katie on the salmon ladder pronto

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Just finished the episode... is it too early to bring this back?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So Amell's a show off

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=732154660203137&set=vb.146921975393078&type=2&theater

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I hope Rila Fukushima doesn't just have a boring "I'm just his wife" role.

edit : welp after looking up the character name I know she isn't.

ded fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 9, 2014

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
I am so mad at the Oliver x Felicity thing. They had to go an ruin a good thing and that being a woman character who isn't the goddamn romantic interest. God loving dammit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Well I guess we'll know the killer in what 2 episodes? That sounds about right for Arrow.

Also, guess she's not using her vacation days anymore.

I'll go ahead and call it : Thea

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 9, 2014

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Himuro posted:

I am so mad at the Oliver x Felicity thing. They had to go an ruin a good thing and that being a woman character who isn't the goddamn romantic interest. God loving dammit.

This is nothing new. She was the love interest last season, too.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

King of Solomon posted:

This is nothing new. She was the love interest last season, too.

Huh? No she wasn't.

Was she?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deadpool got his way, gently caress you Deadpool

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Himuro posted:

Huh? No she wasn't.

Was she?

Kinda, yeah. It was mostly a background element, though. Hell, during this episode Ollie even brought up when he shot her down last season; he didn't do it because he wasn't interested, he did it because he felt he couldn't lead that kind of life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Holy poo poo they started off fast. So much happened.

• Locked thread