Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

Am I the only guy who's bothered by the idea that being really good at fighting means you should be able to blow up a whole planet? I am? Ok I'll see myself out.

We abandoned that train of thought as soon as we could shoot lasers from our hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

jivjov posted:

Speaking of the SSJ3 transformation...there's 2 ways TFS can play that when they get to it...either keep it right at the original length and go crazy with the screaming....or have it be the quickest and easiest transformation ever. Either would be hilarious...

I think they keep it going at least long enough to make fun of how Goku is trying to protect the planet by using a transformation that causes a global earthquake that nearly flattens some buildings in the nearby town.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
I've been rewatching Dragonball from the beginning, it's like like going back and listening to early Eminem and realizing why your 12 year old self loved it. It's legitimately good. Incredibly strange too, episode one you have Goku's baby penis front and center and then the villain wants to kill a dog with a chainsaw. Episode two Goku sees a vagina for the first time and screams into it as loud as he can. I'm glad they managed to tone down the baby penis, now it only happens once or twice a season during flashbacks. That's still way too much baby penis holy poo poo.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Hahahahaaa, Multiverse. "Hyper Vegeta" totally sounds like something Vegeta would come up with. And Vegetto being completely unimpressed almost kills me.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Currently watching Battle of Gods; King Kai driving Goku around his planet while explaining the situation. :allears:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

StrifeHira posted:

Hahahahaaa, Multiverse. "Hyper Vegeta" totally sounds like something Vegeta would come up with. And Vegetto being completely unimpressed almost kills me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3YC3NzNzU&t=278s

Also Hyper Vegeta loving rocks.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

"About the length of your average anime episode."

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Genocyber posted:

"About the length of your average anime episode."

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Ehhhh. The guy in front of me in the theater was cackling at this line - wasn't really impressed with it. :sigh:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

dogs named Charlie posted:

I've been rewatching Dragonball from the beginning, it's like like going back and listening to early Eminem and realizing why your 12 year old self loved it. It's legitimately good. Incredibly strange too, episode one you have Goku's baby penis front and center and then the villain wants to kill a dog with a chainsaw. Episode two Goku sees a vagina for the first time and screams into it as loud as he can. I'm glad they managed to tone down the baby penis, now it only happens once or twice a season during flashbacks. That's still way too much baby penis holy poo poo.

dragonball is much better than eminem

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I feel like hyper Vegeta is going to bleed out. He seems to be losing a lot of blood. Raichi might still have another trick up his sleeve if he gets to the next round.

Like he looks awesome but the artist is making sure to show he's pouring blood. That has to lead to something

facebook jihad fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 9, 2014

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Gotenks should see Bulma's vagina and scream because of he's quarter Goku and half her son. The resulting dimensional tear reopens the hyperbolic time chamber, everyone proceeds to crawl right up in there.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gotenks should see Bulma's vagina and scream because of he's quarter Goku and half her son. The resulting dimensional tear reopens the hyperbolic time chamber, everyone proceeds to crawl right up in there.

... I don't even know what to say about this.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

You should have thought long and hard before posting this, friendo.

dogs named Charlie
Apr 5, 2009

by exmarx
Perfectly in keeping with established lore.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

dragonball is much better than eminem

You best not poo poo on Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, or The Eminem Show. :colbert:

Uh :stare: lay off the joose man

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

uh huh

facebook jihad posted:

I feel like hyper Vegeta is going to bleed out. He seems to be losing a lot of blood. Raichi might still have another trick up his sleeve if he gets to the next round.

Like he looks awesome but the artist is making sure to show he's pouring blood. That has to lead to something

He'll have to bleed out pretty fast to lose here - this Vegeta doesn't seem dumb enough to let Raichi live for another second now that he doesn't have any guardians left and has proven that he's a threat.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 9, 2014

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I am genuinely surprised that that wasn't a jumpscare

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It's kinda weird, I don't remember people in DBZ bleeding all that much. Compared to the buckets of blood most anime characters bleed regularly, DBZ was quite reserved.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

thats a big ol' horse

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
That's not the way. You know there's much better distracting subject change gifs at our disposal than the fat horse.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

. That's still way too much baby penis holy poo poo.

I take it you've not heard of Beelzebub then?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
How did we manage to nosedive like this in one page?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

How did we manage to nosedive like this in one page?

this wouldnt have happened if we kept the original title for the thread

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's kinda weird, I don't remember people in DBZ bleeding all that much. Compared to the buckets of blood most anime characters bleed regularly, DBZ was quite reserved.

Well, since i only saw the US/EU version with its toned down violence and all, i know DBZ should be more bloody but it isn't. :haw:

Same for you, perhaps?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Thyrork posted:

Well, since i only saw the US/EU version with its toned down violence and all, i know DBZ should be more bloody but it isn't. :haw:

Same for you, perhaps?

Well, I thought that may have been it, but I've also seen uncut versions. It's not that blood doesn't exist; people certainly bleed when they've taken serious injuries in DBZ. So much anime goes crazy with blood, though, like cheesy 80s horror movie levels of gore.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Then again you have stuff like Broly literally stomping on goku and piccolo getting concussed by nappa.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
DBZ wasnt that bloody

even when frieza gets cut to bits its not really super gory

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It seems to be at its bloodiest from piccolo jr to Freeza, then the blood and overall violence seems to be toned down in the Cell and Buu sagas.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
The amount of blood Zoro loses in his average fight in One Piece is more than the amount spilled in like half of Dragonball in its entirety.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Zzulu posted:

DBZ wasnt that bloody

even when frieza gets cut to bits its not really super gory

When people mention the censorship, they normally mean the bloody bruises and the occasional blood cough. I think they also cut some scenes where peoples bones get directly broken. But yes, as other said, Dragonball was never that gory.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

facebook jihad posted:

I feel a double KO is incoming. I have no idea what the bracket looks like though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Szmitten posted:

I feel a double KO is incoming. I have no idea what the bracket looks like though.

e: oh god drat it I hope cell doesn't job to XII

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

e: oh god drat it I hope cell doesn't job to XII

This chart just gave me a panic attack

Narahari
Apr 12, 2009
Wouldn't cell vs xxi have to be in the finals based on the brackets?

I'd guess Goku beats majin buu somehow in the ro8, vegeta vs cell could go either way. Might be cell just so Goku can beat the three main DBZ villains again. I'd assume XXI advances, though I don't have the slightest clue who that character is. Probably beats the winner of Gotenks/Buu without much effort to save the "real" gimmick for later. I would assume Son Bra will win at least until the quarters. It wouldn't quite surprise me if XXI turns out to be the villain with 3 "heroes" left in the quarters. Of course, I'm sure we'll get the reveal of whatever the dude that created the technology being the big bad or some such nonsense later.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I wonder if Gotenks will manage to not goof off for long enough to beat Buu. Probably not.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I wonder if Gotenks will manage to not goof off for long enough to beat Buu. Probably not.

Considering that buu has gohan absorbed and quite possibly vegetto probably not.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

"Narahari" posted:

I'd assume XXI advances, though I don't have the slightest clue who that character is.

DBM original. He's a wizard who got a bye in round 1 and beat Vegetto by sending him to a reverse Time Chamber pocket dimension where he broke out in a few seconds but outside it had been like 2 hours.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

There's no way Gotenks is going to beat Buu.

That's the first time I've looked at the bracket in a while. Goddam there are some interesting matchups ahead. If only we can finally wrap up the fight going on now.

Also, every matchup for the next round is good guy/bad guy so far. Interesting

facebook jihad fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

Considering that buu has gohan absorbed and quite possibly vegetto probably not.

Oh I got buu confused with majin. Yeah gotenks is done

• Locked thread