Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."

McNally posted:

Did you know that gay people can, in many ways, pass themselves off as normal?

So they could be walking among us????? Are you sure you're not confusing gays with pod people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I am shamed.

Edit:

ActusRhesus posted:

So they could be walking among us????? Are you sure you're not confusing gays with pod people?

Seriously, stab yourself in the femoral with a pen and bleed out already.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
gip is a black hole of valor

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Helldump Immunity. posted:

gip is a black hole of valor

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gip is a black hole of sanity

bengy81
May 8, 2010

gip is a black hole of anal fissures

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

gip is a gaping black butthole

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mods please delete GiP-

Oh :(

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Mods please delete GiP-

Oh :(

We are all allowed to hate this place and its posters to the end, but we will not ever let this place truly disappear.

Give me the star before you hang yourself in the BAQ closet, N4I. This way no matter what we keep it in the safe hands of our little autistic and aging way too quickly veteran support group here.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ActusRhesus posted:

Can we get this guy banned from the vet thread until he produces some evidence that he's a real vet and not some valor thief? Something like a valid dd-214 or a VA medical card would be good...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Don't worry, I'm planning on riding this bitch all the way down.

THE loving RULES posted:

DO NOT SCARE AWAY NEW PEOPLE.

IF YOU ARE NEW DON'T POST LIKE A BOOT

All I'm going to say on the matter.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Oct 9, 2014

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

"Perhaps the fact the defendant had to be dragged out of the courtroom while declaring 'Death to you all, a Jihad on the court' may have had something to do with the revocation of his bond. That or calling the judge a bald-headed cock-sucker. Either way."
*She* and do you really think anyone would post poo poo with that much PII on SA?

Edited to add: It's really not all that scary. pretty par for the course, actually.

ActusRhesus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Oct 9, 2014

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

ActusRhesus posted:

*She* and do you really think anyone would post poo poo with that much PII on SA?

If you killed yourself after, it wouldn't be an issue.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

:ssj:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Sorry, Dad.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

zombie303 posted:

Wait a second. N4I is gay?
:psyboom:

if you ever heard him speak its really not surprising at all

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

ActusRhesus posted:

Edited to add: It's really not all that scary. pretty par for the course, actually.

loving mypay.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Flikken posted:

loving mypay.

Let me tell you about the time I moved here from England to be a Marine sniper and shoutcast Starcraft for a hobby!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

bengy81 posted:

Let me tell you about the time I moved here from England to be a Marine sniper and shoutcast Starcraft for a hobby!

tell me about the trannies george :allears:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

tell me about the trannies george :allears:

they have weiners but it's okay cuz they have boobies too

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Mike-o posted:

they have weiners but it's okay cuz they have boobies too

I really disliked rrail, but they did that dude an injustice by not reversing his permaban when he outed that douche.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Obama Africanus posted:

Shame for real tho, I remember we used to bust dudes for being queers. I look back on it now and think it's pretty lovely. But yeah, we'd go after those fags for no reason. Dumb as hell.

It was a dark time that haunts me to this day.

A co-worker was telling me how much she loved her girlfriend. Instead of thinking "That is so hot!," I was thinking "Why are you telling me this? I don't want to have to testify to a board."

:smith:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

bengy81 posted:

I really disliked rrail, but they did that dude an injustice by not reversing his permaban when he outed that douche.

I don't think they even think about reversing one unless it's specifically requested. But why would you want to get rrail back? :v:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
well it's not like you can bring back the dead

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Ceiling fan posted:

It was a dark time that haunts me to this day.

A co-worker was telling me how much she loved her girlfriend. Instead of thinking "That is so hot!," I was thinking "Why are you telling me this? I don't want to have to testify to a board."

:smith:
You should have asked for pics. One of two things would have happened: She'd show you her (hopefully) hot girlfriend or she would never talk to you again about her. Win-win. Unless she was fat.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
military lesbo, we already know the answer.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

military lesbo, we already know the answer.

I want to believe.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

krispykremessuck posted:

Oh is he really dead? rip

bengy81
May 8, 2010

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Oh is he really dead? rip

I don't think he is dead, just possibly homeless.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

krispykremessuck posted:

Yeah he never struck me as that depressed :(

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yeah he never struck me as that depressed :(

you hadn't really talked to him post banking washout after his degree got recalled

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

how does a degree get recalled

bengy81
May 8, 2010

krispykremessuck posted:

you hadn't really talked to him post banking washout after his degree got recalled

drat, that's a bummer.

Dudes really need to quit killing themselves.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

50 Foot Ant posted:

Get copies of ALL of your medical records and X-Rays. ALL OF THEM. Someone might tell you that you can't have them, but it is one of your rights upon exiting.

You'll be surprised how quickly sections of your medical records will vanish, get redacted, or just plain altered when you aren't looking.

Make copies of it all and put the originals in a loving safety deposit box.

This 100000000X

Trust me, i got a letter from them asking me if I knew where my medical records were. This was like 6 months after i started my claims process.

gently caress the VA

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

VA did that poo poo to me too, but all their mail came in one giant moneyshot all over my mailbox so I had a letter asking for my records, another one demanding them if I wanted compensation, and finally the actually chunky disability packet telling you about your cheap license plates or whatever. They're paying me and that's really all that matters but that was a really loving confusing stack of correspondence.

ActusRhesus
Sep 18, 2007

the dad farm posted:

This 100000000X

Trust me, i got a letter from them asking me if I knew where my medical records were. This was like 6 months after i started my claims process.

gently caress the VA

yes. And make MULTIPLE copies. At least 4. Also, depending on what state you are in...screw whatever counselor they give you at TAPS...schedule an appointment with your State VA...their reps are usually a lot more helpful and will actually go over your records with you and help you with the claim. Don't try to game the system and make poo poo up, but if there is a legit issue, amke sure you claim it, even if you're only going for a 0% rating...documenting the condition now means if you are old and broken and have no insurance and poo poo gets worse you can still get medical care.

Seriously though...copy record, and make an appointment with your STATE va office, not the military counselor. Not the TAPS class.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

how does a degree get recalled

post grad evidence of cheating

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ActusRhesus posted:

Seriously though...copy record, and make an appointment with your STATE va office, not the military counselor. Not the TAPS class.

They have a place on base that does it but it's apparently always packed. I have limited time so I don't know if I'll have a chance to even go there. I'm financially stable so I don't mind backpay if I get anything at all. Should I just meet with the state VA rep?

I know the importance of making copies of everything etc etc but can the VA really not look up AHLTA notes and other poo poo that's documented electronically?

I'm just gonna keep my medical record anyways when I get out even though you're not supposed to. Don't trust the fucks at work. Already got electronic poo poo printed off. Although I do have an ultrasound scheduled and the soonest I could schedule it was while I'm on terminal but whatever

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.

Christoff posted:

I know the importance of making copies of everything etc etc but can the VA really not look up AHLTA notes and other poo poo that's documented electronically?

In my experience they have absolutely no access to any of your military healthcare records. VA Healthcare doesn't even get access to the poo poo you submit to VA Disability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Can you make an appointment with the counselor on base? Seems odd that they only do walk-ins.

As for your record, the counselor had me bring in a full copy of it to send to the VA. As far as I know that's the only way they can look at your record for compensation.

• Locked thread