Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I'm pretty sure every character on family guy has raped someone at some point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

the rapist and the dog dont get along

Working title for the Morally Inept movie.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Magnus Gallant posted:

Who hasn't watched family guy?
I did watch it a couple times but it was such a gross, masturbatory fiasco involving "oh hey I recognize the reference that they made which makes me feel smart!" that I decided it was pretty much trash after an hour or so total. I'm a terrible person for not thinking that Peter's "MHWAH MHWAH MHWAH MHWAH MHWAH" smuglaugh was inexcusable .

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The important thing is that Kroll Show S2 is now on Amazon Prime.

bartok
May 10, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

The important thing is that Kroll Show S2 is now on Amazon Prime.

I just can't get into it and I like Nick Kroll. Strangely I am not upset with anyone that likes the show. Also on Amazon Prime are several Comedy Central shows I actually do like including Review, Broad City, and Nathan For You. If you haven't seen Andy Daily's Review you should fix that immediately, especially if you are a Comedy Bang! Bang! fan.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Kroll Show is the most hit or miss sketch show I've ever seen. There aren't any okay sketches, just ones that are hilarious or flat-out terrible. But yeah, ya'll should be watching Broad City and Nathan For You.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Didn't see it mentioned yet and I don't know how long it has been up, but Galaxy Quest is on US Netflix! This is one of those films that I'll watch whenever I come across it no matter how many times I've seen it. While I'm not a big fan of Tim Allen, he fits his role perfectly and the rest of the cast is awesome.... Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shalhoub, Alan Rickman, and Sam Rockwell. It's a fun, light, easy watch with a lot of heart. The practical effects are excellent for what they're supposed to convey, and it's a nice little love letter to the genre and its fans.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

weekly font posted:

Kroll Show is the most hit or miss sketch show I've ever seen. There aren't any okay sketches, just ones that are hilarious or flat-out terrible. But yeah, ya'll should be watching Broad City and Nathan For You.

He's so good on The League but his show can be so absolutely terrible, yeah.

Broad City, Nathan For You, and Hello Ladies are all worth checking out on Amazon.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

He's so good on The League but his show can be so absolutely terrible, yeah.

Broad City, Nathan For You, and Hello Ladies are all worth checking out on Amazon.

Man I love kroll show.

I really want to check out Nathan for you. Thanks for mentioning it was up somewhere.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Nathan For You is really good and I dunno if it's up but Season 2 felt a bit meaner to me.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Magnus Gallant posted:

It's ok to like things that are garbage sometimes right??

Netflix max recommended I watch the animated jay and silent bob movie and holy poo poo that movie was turrrrrible. Did any of you guys like it? I just felt it was trying way way too hard.

Max lost a lot of respect for that recommendation.

In his autobiography Kevin Smith all but admitted that he can make enough money off his diehard fans and podcasting to live comfortably, so he just churns out half-assed bullshit specifically to appeal to those fans. Clerks 3 is just going to be references to Clerks 1 & 2, with maybe 3 new pop culture references and dick jokes.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
The animated Jay & Silent Bob movie was made by a fan who did animations of their podcast and Kevin Smith gave the cartoon movie his backing once he made it. It's basically a glorified fan project.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I think Kroll show is a-meezing but I won't like, fight someone over it. Got really invested C-czar and pretty Liz's relationship last season. Hope those crazy kids make it.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I just finished the first season of Peaky Blinders. The comparisons to the wire are not apt. The only thing that's similar to the wire is the theme song. That said I enjoyed it.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Magnus Gallant posted:

I just finished the first season of Peaky Blinders. The comparisons to the wire are not apt. The only thing that's similar to the wire is the theme song. That said I enjoyed it.

The Wire was a poor comparison that jumped to my pot-addled mind because both shows focus on the justice and criminal aspects. Also the first episode seemed like it would take the series in a different direction than I thought.

Still a good show and I recommend people check it out. Only 6 episodes so it doesn't out stay it's welcome.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

The Wire was a poor comparison that jumped to my pot-addled mind because both shows focus on the justice and criminal aspects. Also the first episode seemed like it would take the series in a different direction than I thought.

Still a good show and I recommend people check it out. Only 6 episodes so it doesn't out stay it's welcome.

Yeah I think it's a good show and I felt similarly after the first episode but it didn't go that way. I never felt like I was wasting my time with the show, but that's probably because the pace was so quick. It didn't give you time to get bored.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

Didn't see it mentioned yet and I don't know how long it has been up, but Galaxy Quest is on US Netflix! This is one of those films that I'll watch whenever I come across it no matter how many times I've seen it. While I'm not a big fan of Tim Allen, he fits his role perfectly and the rest of the cast is awesome.... Sigourney Weaver, Tony Shalhoub, Alan Rickman, and Sam Rockwell. It's a fun, light, easy watch with a lot of heart. The practical effects are excellent for what they're supposed to convey, and it's a nice little love letter to the genre and its fans.

By Grapthar's Hammer!

Galaxy Quest has been on and off on streaming. So much fun and everyone should see it especially if you like Alan Rickman or have ever followed Star Trek.

Alan Rickman posted:

"Where are you going?"

"...to see if there's a pub."

is still the best dialogue in the history of cinema.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Zwabu posted:

the best dialogue in the history of cinema.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbzuu14bGgs

teraflame
Jan 7, 2009
I really enjoyed watching Print the Legend, the documentary about desktop 3D printing startups. Are there any other good documentaries like it on netflix?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

teraflame posted:

I really enjoyed watching Print the Legend, the documentary about desktop 3D printing startups. Are there any other good documentaries like it on netflix?

Dear Zachary

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

teraflame posted:

I mean... there are good documentaries on Netflix. Two pretty cool ones I saw recently were Teenage and Make Believe. Particle Fever is also tremendous.

But if you're looking for something more in line of, like, the conflict between idealism and entrepreneurship, there's always Downloaded and Spark: A Burning Man Story. Which also aren't particularly good.

Oh, oh! Chappelle's Show: The 50 Million Dollar Question is a great doc, but it's not streaming on Netflix: http://vimeo.com/97769906

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Zwabu posted:

is still the best dialogue in the history of cinema.

My personal favorites are "Look around. Can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?" and "There's a red thingy moving toward the green thingy".

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Yeah, if you haven't seen Galaxy Quest do yourself a favor. It's the best Star Trek movie, and probably in my top ten Sci-fi movies, period. The cast is just incredible and the dialogue is just so natural and hilarious. I will never not crack up at Sam Rockwell screaming.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

GonSmithe posted:

Yeah, if you haven't seen Galaxy Quest do yourself a favor. It's the best Star Trek movie, and probably in my top ten Sci-fi movies, period. The cast is just incredible and the dialogue is just so natural and hilarious. I will never not crack up at Sam Rockwell screaming.

I haven't seen it since it was in theaters- holy poo poo I was 10 then- and I didn't remember Rockwell being in it. Now that you've mentioned him I am totally on it. Sam Rockwell is a loving delight in everything I've seen him in.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The Sisko posted:

My personal favorites are "Look around. Can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?" and "There's a red thingy moving toward the green thingy".

"It's a rock monster! It doesn't have a motivation!" :supaburn:

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Zwabu posted:

"It's a rock monster! It doesn't have a motivation!" :supaburn:

What happened??

The Pig monster is inside out

*boom splorch*

And it exploded

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Looks like my favorite horror movie is back on streaming. Good to see you again Candyman, :getin:

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

red19fire posted:

In his autobiography Kevin Smith all but admitted that he can make enough money off his diehard fans and podcasting to live comfortably, so he just churns out half-assed bullshit specifically to appeal to those fans. Clerks 3 is just going to be references to Clerks 1 & 2, with maybe 3 new pop culture references and dick jokes.

I mean, he says that, but Red State and Tusk (regardless of their quality) really come across as him trying to do something interesting and out of his comfort zone.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

SALT CURES HAM posted:

I mean, he says that, but Red State and Tusk (regardless of their quality) really come across as him trying to do something interesting and out of his comfort zone.
...Until he fell asleep halfway through writing Res State and closed it with that ridiculous court procedural crap.

I'll have to check out Tusk. I can't see it comparing to Chaw, though.

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 9, 2014

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

"Burn After Reading had a funny ending right? Let's ignore what actually made that scene funny but try to do the same thing!"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hi I'm Kevin Smith and I write, edit, and direct my movies while extraordinarily high. When I write dialogue, I write lots of it because when I'm high and talking to people I repeat myself a lot so that conversations that would normally be a couple lines become a couple pages. That's a lot of dialogue. I write even more dialogue because all my characters like to announce what is going to happen or what just happened only moments previously almost like they're high too, because that's what I do when I'm high, which is when I'm writing, editing, or directing or any other time. Now that I've told you how I write, edit and direct my movies, I'm going to go get high.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Ironic, because the more :420: I get the more excoriating I am of anything I critique - especially my own poo poo.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

coyo7e posted:

Ironic, because the more :420: I get the more excoriating I am of anything I critique - especially my own poo poo.

Look at that poo poo, it's so thin and dark brown. And not a corn kernel in sight. I rate you a 2 out of 5 stars.

village catamite
Apr 7, 2009
I thought Bad Grandpa was pretty hilarious in an incredibly cringeworthy way. The fake plot did a good job of driving the movie along from prank to prank, it seemed like a good transition from the Jackass movies.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A MIRACLE posted:

I think Kroll show is a-meezing but I won't like, fight someone over it. Got really invested C-czar and pretty Liz's relationship last season. Hope those crazy kids make it.

BLAP BAP BLAP BLAP

village catamite posted:

I thought Bad Grandpa was pretty hilarious in an incredibly cringeworthy way. The fake plot did a good job of driving the movie along from prank to prank, it seemed like a good transition from the Jackass movies.
They must have been searching for a kid like that for years. He did such a good job.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 9, 2014

Dr Monkeysee
Oct 11, 2002

just a fox like a hundred thousand others
Nap Ghost
I thought Red State was a legit decent movie up until that complete shift at the end. But hooo-boy what a shift.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

coyo7e posted:

Same. It makes me hate most of the movies I watch.

Except Yellow Sea which is somehow incredible while high.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

theflyingexecutive posted:

Hi I'm Kevin Smith and I write, edit, and direct my movies while extraordinarily high. When I write dialogue, I write lots of it because when I'm high and talking to people I repeat myself a lot so that conversations that would normally be a couple lines become a couple pages. That's a lot of dialogue. I write even more dialogue because all my characters like to announce what is going to happen or what just happened only moments previously almost like they're high too, because that's what I do when I'm high, which is when I'm writing, editing, or directing or any other time. Now that I've told you how I write, edit and direct my movies, I'm going to go get high.

So what do you say about all the movies pre-Cop Out? He didn't even start smoking weed until Seth Rogen said "hehe, we should get high and watch the finished project" after Zach and Miri was done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Jiro posted:

What happened??

The Pig monster is inside out

*boom splorch*

And it exploded

Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!

• Locked thread