Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

It's the best TF theme and I'll fight anyone who says different. :allears:

I would love to hear how someone could not like it, honestly. Like, what would be their problems with it? It's strong as both as theme song and as a metal song. Kind of like how the Power Rangers theme is actually powerful musically outside of being a kid's show theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

The_Doctor posted:

drat straight

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Smallfoot looks like some weird combination of prime Arcee and Energon prowl. I'm not sure how I like everything yet. I hate the Prime-like Staypuft faces because they still don't have noses.

If anything I'm going to wait for the Generations versions of the figures. Because if they're giving Dinobots for this new series then classics generations is going to get their own version too. Smallfoot was originally a Gears repaint released by E-Hobby and was a Gobot reference. Since we've already gotten an E-Hobby deco released as a mainstream figure, it's not out of the question.

Also Hero mashers Rodimus looks straight out of the comics and they made a hero mashers Heatwave which was the TCC Combiner figure guy. The likenesses are spot on and I might have to get them. It's really strange that the first brand new Rodimus figure that is not a remold we get in eons, turns out to be a regular action figure. That and Heromashers jetfire is unmistakably a Valkyrie, like they're not even subtle about it now.

Now only if they would release vehicles so we could have a true sequel to Action masters.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 8, 2014

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Finally got a Mania King today. Any tips or anything so I don't break the poo poo out of him? I tried moving his arms and got reeeally nervous about how tight that ratcheting mechanism is.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Almost all the Transformers themes are variants on the one original, so it's not like there's all that much to choose from.

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

So apparently there's a leader class Thundercracker coming from the Jetfire mold.

Thread I need your help: do any of you have any of the new IGear seekers AND the new Leader Jetfire? If so, which would you say is better. The answer will determine whether I sell off all of the IGear seekers I just loving bought goddammit.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Finally got a Mania King today. Any tips or anything so I don't break the poo poo out of him? I tried moving his arms and got reeeally nervous about how tight that ratcheting mechanism is.

How cool are you with disassembling the ratchet assembly?

Because it's usually just a matter of snipping a little off the spring which holds the ratchet in place. Just a little. Then, the ratchet isn't quite so tight.

If you're really, really worried about the spring being ruined by your snipping, you could just replace it entirely with a looser spring from a hardware store or watch shop or something.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
These are pretty nifty!

Not pictured:
Ninja Megatron
Viking Megatron
Navy Ratchet

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Smallfoot looks like some weird combination of prime Arcee and Energon prowl. I'm not sure how I like everything yet. I hate the Prime-like Staypuft faces because they still don't have noses.

If anything I'm going to wait for the Generations versions of the figures. Because if they're giving Dinobots for this new series then classics generations is going to get their own version too. Smallfoot was originally a Gears repaint released by E-Hobby and was a Gobot reference. Since we've already gotten an E-Hobby deco released as a mainstream figure, it's not out of the question.

Her name is Strongarm, not Smallfoot. And I think we already got the "Classics" Dinobots in the form of that lame SDCC exclusive.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

How cool are you with disassembling the ratchet assembly?

Because it's usually just a matter of snipping a little off the spring which holds the ratchet in place. Just a little. Then, the ratchet isn't quite so tight.

If you're really, really worried about the spring being ruined by your snipping, you could just replace it entirely with a looser spring from a hardware store or watch shop or something.

I think I'll do that, thank you. Any other tips?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

And I think we already got the "Classics" Dinobots in the form of that lame SDCC exclusive.

No they're part of the movie line. Even Sluge is in AOE packaging.

We have not yet to even begin the Classics Generations Dinobots....other than Voyager Grimlock.

The Goon posted:

So apparently there's a leader class Thundercracker coming from the Jetfire mold.

Thread I need your help: do any of you have any of the new IGear seekers AND the new Leader Jetfire? If so, which would you say is better. The answer will determine whether I sell off all of the IGear seekers I just loving bought goddammit.

Your answer involves knowing one thing...

Does Leader Thundercracker come with cat?

The Jetfire mold is amazing though. It's plane mode is one of the best I have ever seen. Like it's huge and has the largest wingspan I've seen in a figure since leader Starscream. The Pictures make it look like a Sandstorm type retool. Thudnercracker has a different tail piece, chest, head, feet, shoulders, and a shitload of new guns.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Oct 9, 2014

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Goon posted:

That's...a weird choice, isn't it?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Is it any weirder than Starscream being retooled for bright orange Jhiaxus, Crosscut being a retool, Armada megatron being retooled from G1 megatron, and a bunch of others?

*edit*

HOLY poo poo HUFFER! HE IS REAL AND A...prime remold. :effort:

Well I guess this completes the original 13 Autobots. Looks like Combiner wars brought about the end of Legends class partners, I see no Huffer partner and he only has Prime's gun.

Also looks like combined form Optimus has a Ginrai-esque head.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Oct 9, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I think I'll do that, thank you. Any other tips?

Not really beyond "be careful and you should,be fine, but...

Use the correct size screwdriver. I nearly stripped the screws on my YOTH Prime's hands when I was trying the KFC YOTH hands with full finger articulation out. (The color was a little chalky/off, but the gun that comes with doesn't collapse and looks pretty good.) A multi-head electronics screwdriver kit should have everything you need on it. You'll know it's the right size when there is no wiggle before you start turning the screwdriver. You don't want to strip any screws on these things.

For my Hasbro MP Soundwave's hips and MP Grimlock's knees, a little under one full "ring" of the ratchet spring was all it took on mine to get the joints from "worried I'm gonna break them" to "nice and satisfying."

I think I posted pictures earlier in the thread of one of the robo-surgeries.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same when I read it but it actually... works suspiciously well?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Blackheart posted:

Yeah I was thinking the same when I read it but it actually... works suspiciously well?

That looks like a bird on his chest, with two eyes and a big orange beak, like a parrot.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

That looks like a bird on his chest, with two eyes and a big orange beak, like a parrot.

Like, it's un loving canny. holy poo poo.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Polly want a Thundercracker?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Blackheart posted:

Wow that actually rules

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Ugh it's the same problem as those recent 3p seekers, and you can't NOT see it

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Enough with the goddamn Huffers, where is Pipes?!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

No they're part of the movie line. Even Sluge is in AOE packaging.

We have not yet to even begin the Classics Generations Dinobots....other than Voyager Grimlock.

Yeah, the giant box that turns into the backdrop of the G1 cartoon is totally AoE. I think you cling to the line branding a bit more than Hasbro does when it comes to deciding what each line gets. No way in hell are they going to do three separate sets of Dinobot molds (AoE, RiD, Classics) inside of three years. We're a long, long way away from genuine CHUG Dinobots, I'd bet.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Blackheart posted:

I want. Thundercracker was my first TF as a kid, and I have tried to collect all his different versions since then

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silhouette posted:

gently caress youuuuu

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, the giant box that turns into the backdrop of the G1 cartoon is totally AoE. I think you cling to the line branding a bit more than Hasbro does when it comes to deciding what each line gets. No way in hell are they going to do three separate sets of Dinobot molds (AoE, RiD, Classics) inside of three years. We're a long, long way away from genuine CHUG Dinobots, I'd bet.

The set didn't even say Generations on the list display either, the previous generations SDCC exclusives said Generations.

They just listed them as SDCC Dinobots.

However yes I can entirely see Hasbro making a brand new set of Dinobots. We're already up to the Third usage of the FOC Grimlock mold and it hasn't even been two years. Making Bumblebee present in all lines at once wasn't an issue either. Hell we're getting a Platinum release of the AOE molds in movie accurate colors.

At the very least they could make a new swoop, slag, sluge or whoever from the AOE molds with retooled parts. They have the tooling in them already just make parts that are not as spokey and can fit in the slots. I mean geez they retooled Prime Arcee for Generations and it was a heavy retool into a totally different character with a drastically redesigned alt mode.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Oct 9, 2014

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That Thundercracker rules - This is the IDW Thundercracker I've been wanting for ages - and the combiner wars prototypes look pretty alright, albeit not fantastic. More blocky, scramble city like though, which is probably a better feeling in hand than the panel wafer cookies that are the foc combaticons.

Have we seen what the sixth bot actually does on a combiner? The ULTRA PRIME (I wonder if that is an IDW spoiler?) box makes no mention of a sixth bot being added on.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I don't know, the robot mode looks good, but the jet mode doesn't really look right to me for a seeker. It seems too squat, and he's showing a lot of leg under his wing there. Also they're cheating on the chest canopy. It worked for Jetfire (although I haven't found him yet so I'm still basing that off pictures), but I think I prefer iGear's designs. At least until their arms snap off at that one weak joint like everyone's are.

Also they revealed a bunch of the RID2015 toys
Convention pics: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/nycc-2014-transformers-robots-in-disguise-pics-181298/
Official pics, legion and "hyperchange": http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-robots-in-disguise-figures-official-images-part-1-181301/
Official pics, "warrior" class (deluxe I think): http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-robots-in-disguise-figures-official-images-part-3-181303/

They all look pretty bad to me, they're back to like Animated levels of stylized designs. I guess if you were fine with Animated toys maybe you won't mind that. Also the wolf guy's fortunately not a Galvatron, he's apparently named Steeljaw.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Knormal posted:

I don't know, the robot mode looks good, but the jet mode doesn't really look right to me for a seeker. It seems too squat, and he's showing a lot of leg under his wing there.

It's partially mistransformed, with portions of the back section not pegged in properly. It's a minor thing, but it makes the model look less sleek.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
E: I am dumb and did not read the whole post

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Oct 9, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
They're obviously doing Thundercracker first because Starscream's colorw are too close to Jetfire's.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I never expected them to do Thundercracker from leader Jetfire but I am totally cool with this development. I dunno if I'm gonna get all three seekers in leader form, though, given that I have like... 20 of the classics mold, three of the FOC mold and three of the MP mold.

Awwww who are we kidding, of course I will.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I will only get cracker because he is my favorite.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DoctorWhat posted:

They're obviously doing Thundercracker first because Starscream's colorw are too close to Jetfire's.

I would think Ramjet's would be closer since he's white, red, and black.

Since the cockpit doesn't become the chest I would love to see some coneheads. They haven't gotten any CHUG figures since the K-Mart exclusive Aerial battle legends set .

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm holding out for Acid Fire.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
I really like that Thundercracker, I wish it wasn't so expensive over here because I would get the three boys.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I wish Hastak loved Skywarp more.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
drat, I have MP Thundercracker but I still want that one.

I get to the US in two weeks so I'm hoping to be able to pick up Jetfire easily. And Skids. Because I'm an optimist.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Knormal posted:

Also they revealed a bunch of the RID2015 toys
Convention pics: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/nycc-2014-transformers-robots-in-disguise-pics-181298/
Official pics, legion and "hyperchange": http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-robots-in-disguise-figures-official-images-part-1-181301/
Official pics, "warrior" class (deluxe I think): http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-robots-in-disguise-figures-official-images-part-3-181303/

They all look pretty bad to me, they're back to like Animated levels of stylized designs. I guess if you were fine with Animated toys maybe you won't mind that. Also the wolf guy's fortunately not a Galvatron, he's apparently named Steeljaw.

G... Grimlock, noooooo :qq:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Silhouette posted:

Yes. Polly does.

Polly does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I wish Hastak loved Skywarp more.

Walmart Skwyarp died for our sins